Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Whats funny is i knew that about Tulsi and forgot about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That's why I used to think she was cool

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Tulsi has been raised in a Hawaiian cult called the Science of Identity that believes that some white guy who lives in Honolulu is the literal incarnation of God. The leader is obsessed with being accepted by the wider Hindu community as a legitimate form of Hinduism as opposed to now where its seen as a cult because its core belief is that some white dude in Honolulu is the literal incarnation of God. Tulsi's entire presidential campaign is based around creating legitimacy for herself and then by extension legitimacy for the Science of Identity organization. This is also why she's so anti-gay and anti-Muslim because guess what two things extremely large portions of the writings of the guy they think is literally God is devoted to decrying.

None of this is a joke btw.

Holy poo poo lmao. I knew a little about the cult, but not that in-depth and oh boy. Appreciate it because that's actually crazy. That makes sense with her grabbing as many headlines, good or bad, as possible I suppose.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
i'm annoyed that Weld lost out on getting delegates by 0.83%

Weedle
May 31, 2006

good piece about tulsi's weird poo poo

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/06/tulsi-gabbard-2020-presidential-campaign.html

Limerick
Oct 23, 2009

:parrot:

He's going to follow in Daou's footsteps. :bernget20:

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

AppleNippleBOB posted:

I've knocked ~120 doors of black households (in the hood), and I've received overwhelming support for Brother Bernie.

I literally have only heard Biden's name mentioned once. And that person was split between Biden and Bernie. I spoke about Bernie's policy and history. I had her sold at "SNCC".

Establishment narrative about no support from POC is laughable

Which state was this

existential anger
Jun 4, 2012

Biden's "support" is centered around the establishment's assumption that he's the most capable of beating Trump. Its incredibly soft, his black support is mostly centered around the idea that Obama's vice president isn't a loving moron who flees New Hampshire while people are still voting.

I think there was a CNN focus group where they asked a group of black Democrats from South Carolina about the primaries. They all said they supported Biden as the front runner but wouldn't vote for him in the primary (since he sucks).

existential anger has issued a correction as of 16:24 on Feb 12, 2020

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

Why did he delete this?

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
https://twitter.com/nathantbernard/status/1227613233235845121?s=21

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.
Excited to see how much worse coverage of sanders will get

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
https://twitter.com/davidsirota/status/1227612140522991616?s=19

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
tfw the exterminator arrives to handle your rat problem

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
i'm just so glad about biden

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Squizzle posted:

the funniest option is that bernie wins each of the first four and a diff person comes in a surprising second in each

This is quite literally what's going to happen.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Pomp posted:

i'm just so glad about biden

I knew his collapse would happen eventually. I'm just shocked that it took this long.

Serf
May 5, 2011

been a pretty loving funny aftermath lol

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
So. NV. Ratfuck rat to first or try again with "victory doesn't matter"?

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
They're gonna try to get Klob to win NV

They're literally just gonna keep swapping support

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Deified Data posted:

This is quite literally what's going to happen.

Yup. Buttigieg is going to start losing support as people start to realize how badly he sucks which will in turn boost another candidate (probably Klob). This will repeat a couple more times but since nobody can pass the bar of "doesn't suck terribly" all that support will eventually make it's way back to Bernie in the home stretch.

It is literally the 2016 Republican primary again.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

i am ready to carry out your orders, general sirota

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

World War Mammories posted:

Limerick
Oct 23, 2009

ikanreed posted:

So. NV. Ratfuck rat to first or try again with "victory doesn't matter"?

I kinda suspect Nevada goes to Pete or to the Klobb, SC goes to Biden for a short-lived resuscitation of his campaign, and then Bernie rocks Super Tuesday. Warren loses MA if she's still in the race.

The polls I'm thinking of here are probably pretty out of date though.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
b-b-b-b-bernie and the butt

Limerick
Oct 23, 2009

readingatwork posted:

And Biden is Jeb!

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Deified Data posted:

They're gonna try to get Klob to win NV

They're literally just gonna keep swapping support

the way they're going to ratfuck bernie in nevada is that there will be a lot of caucuses where the first alignment is 40 Bernie / 30 CIA / 30 Klob and they'll let the two losers realign and form an anti-bernie bloc even though that's explicitly against the rules

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

canyoneer posted:

b-b-b-b-bernie and the butt

Bernie! Bernie! Bernie and the butt

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

readingatwork posted:

Yup. Buttigieg is going to start losing support as people start to realize how badly he sucks which will in turn boost another candidate (probably Klob). This will repeat a couple more times but since nobody can pass the bar of "doesn't suck terribly" all that support will eventually make it's way back to Bernie in the home stretch.

:yeshaha:

lmao if you didn't realize this the whole time

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

readingatwork posted:

this except instead of embracing Bernie like the GOP did with Trump, the Dems would rather implode and gently caress over themselves than win the presidency

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Tale as old as time
True as it can be
Barely even friends
The a knee bends
Unexpectedly

Just a little change
Rat is all but shut
One a little rat
Only one democrat
Bernie and the butt

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

World War Mammories posted:

My life for Iowa

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe
This election does have the wildcard of Bloomberg, though. I hope people start realizing how big of a piece of poo poo he is sooner rather than later.

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

Ghost Leviathan posted:

My life for Iowa

lol

RIP Syndrome
Feb 24, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

My life for Iowa

lol

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Ghost Leviathan posted:

My life for Iowa

Bernie zealots

RIP Syndrome
Feb 24, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
we bern

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

My life for Iowa

Power overwhelming

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Warren's dead eyed grimace showed up on my Twitter feed and it's like looking at a painting and realizing the eyes are cutouts and there's a live set of eyeballs staring at you from behind the wall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serf
May 5, 2011

mad.radhu posted:

This election does have the wildcard of Bloomberg, though. I hope people start realizing how big of a piece of poo poo he is sooner rather than later.

he can't peel voters from bernie, so he's just gonna split the centrists even more