Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
The uniform is Vallejo Olive Grey. Washed with agrax, highlighted with Vallejo German fieldgrey. Fieldgrey was lightened with karak stone then white.

For the uniform I mixed Vallejo model air IDF Green with Vallejo model color Prussian blue, for a blue green color. I then washed that with coelia green shade and Agrax. The highlights are just the base color with white mixed in.

Also I finished Darth Vader.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

My buddy is coming over for his first game tomorrow. I set up my Sullust/Mustafaar table and then recorded an animated skybox battle loop in Battlefront 2015 to play behind the table. :black101:

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress

Owlbear Camus posted:

My buddy is coming over for his first game tomorrow. I set up my Sullust/Mustafaar table and then recorded an animated skybox battle loop in Battlefront 2015 to play behind the table. :black101:

I want to come to your house

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

HebrewMagic posted:

I want to come to your house

https://twitter.com/TheGr8Aspie/status/1213881870204784640

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Core troop upgrade expansions, Vader Luke operatives, pod and bunker are all set to drop on the 24th.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Landed on a scheme for my Desert World Rebels. I like it overall but I think at this point I may darken the pants a shade and lighten the shirt one shade. They're too close together at the moment despite being two different colors.

Going to do markings in a different color for each of the squads on the helmets to tell them apart.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

I like it but might suggest something different with the gloves? A gray maybe. Your guys ofc just a little pop to break them up from the sleeves?

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I had them a light tan color at first but that bled too much into the other colors. I was actually doing yellow for all the heavy gunners to make it look like these ones:

I think i'm going to turn the shirts into either Rakarth Flesh or Screaming Skull, while also darkening the pants down.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Are there any good list building resources out there? I haven't played since launch, and I have no idea what's good. I've got a pile of Rebel stuff, and I'm willing to pick up a few more things if necessary. I'm trying to work out a good skirmish list mostly.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

I use LegionAB (iPhone). Same idea as Armada Fleet Builder or LaunchBayNext, you can put in what you own and restrict it to only allow you to use cards you own when building your list.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

Funzo posted:

Are there any good list building resources out there? I haven't played since launch, and I have no idea what's good. I've got a pile of Rebel stuff, and I'm willing to pick up a few more things if necessary. I'm trying to work out a good skirmish list mostly.

Fifth Trooper Network for articles and the Legion Discord for people to ask.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Tanks preview:
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2020/2/3/on-the-hunt-1/

I picked up the latest GCW expansions (except the bunker because LOL at paying seventy five united states dollars for something I can print out for five dollars worth of filament) and threw them in a rubbermaid with the rest of my unpainted, unassembled poo poo.

I wish I had the free time of college with the purchasing power I have now. I haven't played this game in months. Hail satan.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'm torn on what force to expand next. I have both the core sets and the Imperials were the first faction I fleshed out.

I'm leaning toward Clones because I really want to do a 212th force.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

Zuul the Cat posted:

I'm torn on what force to expand next. I have both the core sets and the Imperials were the first faction I fleshed out.

I'm leaning toward Clones because I really want to do a 212th force.

I hear ya, I'm pretty much done with imperials for now, minus picking up the bounty hunters at some point. I think I'll go clones next too, but Separatists are also enticing. I wasn't even going to collect the droids, but I figured, just one unit of B2s added to the Core set makes a really fun 500 point skirmish force. Then you just need Dooku and a few more B1 boxes and you've got a very strong 800 point army. Then you can add the (beautiful) tank when you want a bit of variety.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I played against Droids last Friday and they seem very fun. Their ability to cascade orders is a rad mechanic.

Gumdrop Larry
Jul 30, 2006

Droids are a good skirmish/secondary army because they are absurdly easy to paint. Conversely it took me about two and a half days of casual assembly just to put together the droid half of the new core set so pros and cons. I will probably never do clones because I cannot bring myself to paint any more stormtroopers, even if they do have blue accents or whatever.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
See, I'm the opposite. I love how simple stormtroopers are to paint. The rebels are the ones giving me the biggest pause because of how much work each model takes.

Hellburger99
Jan 24, 2006

"I don't like that mooch...
or her pooch!
"
Droids are great at skirmish because you can take Grevious or Dooku and 6 corps with heavy weapons AND extra guys and just advance on the enemy until they're dead. Taun tauns will probably give you trouble, but against other corps units? They just can't do enough damage to your bots for it to matter.

There's a local guy who runs and 800 pt Grevious/Dooku/6 full squads with extra dudes and heavies and it is terrifying. Rips right through my rebels and I've seen it table clones, too. The droids never panic, and if you get Grevious and/or Dooku into melee you can chain them through your opponents until the board is clear. They are terrifying and I still haven't figured out how to counter them.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
The "Double the Fall" list, as it is called, is very strong. There are a few counters, most revolve around suppressing grevious/dooku to reduce them to one action, and trying to focus down and eliminate whole droid units as fast as possible. Especially the ones with the HQ uplinks if possible. It's a little easier for empire and harder for rebels, but they still have the tools.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
I was on the fence about buying into this game until I found out that the meta is dominated by Princess Leia leading a horde of Tauntauns.

Looks like I'm wargamer, then, because that's ny fetish

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Wow that owns. Now if only they can include the Ewok buddies

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Don't tell me no one has told the girl she isn't exactly human!
I think my favorite thing about droids is how durable B1 units are. Not in the dice sense - their saves are horrible - but a unit has so many models it often takes several of your opponent's activations to wipe a squad out. They're great on objectives.

Also, I'd buy Ewoks in a heartbeat.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

imperialparadox posted:

I think my favorite thing about droids is how durable B1 units are. Not in the dice sense - their saves are horrible - but a unit has so many models it often takes several of your opponent's activations to wipe a squad out. They're great on objectives.
Exactly. Lightsaber users can swing once and delete that 120 point unit of Deathtroopers. Droids? You're gonna need to spend two turns with your 200 point wrecking ball, for like 60ish points of droids? It's not even worth their time essentially.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Played in my first tournament this past Saturday. Took last place, but I feel like I learned a lot and had fun playing. I ordered myself some Stormtroopers & 2 more units of Shoretroopers.

Playing with Palpatine was fun but he's a huge point sink. Going to mix up my list for next tournament.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
Yeah by all accounts Palpatine is a brutal commander, but not an easy one to use as any misplays can be super punished. What was your list?

Edit: word on the street is shoretroopers are getting a nerf in the near future. I would hold off investing too heavily in them until seeing where that lands. The new Stormtrooper heavy weapons are really good though.

hoiyes fucked around with this message at 11:32 on Feb 11, 2020

Gumdrop Larry
Jul 30, 2006

I certainly hope they do tone down shores and mortars. They forgot to attach any kind of meaningful premium to such a huge amount of order token control and free aim/surge tokens doled out by the combo of a couple linked targeting arrays and aggressive tactics. They're already statistically rock solid without any of those keywords at all. Big picture wise on empire at this point really stormtroopers ought to be the ones with Target, shores with Precise, and snows with something to help them close the gap like Spur.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

So I did Boba for my painting Oath this month, and I think he came out alright :)

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.

Gumdrop Larry posted:

Big picture wise on empire at this point really stormtroopers ought to be the ones with Target, shores with Precise, and snows with something to help them close the gap like Spur.
But only Stormtroopers are this precise!

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Any good alternate schemes for Shoretroopers? I'm thinking something more red or maybe a smokey gray or a combination might pop?

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

hoiyes posted:

Yeah by all accounts Palpatine is a brutal commander, but not an easy one to use as any misplays can be super punished. What was your list?

Edit: word on the street is shoretroopers are getting a nerf in the near future. I would hold off investing too heavily in them until seeing where that lands. The new Stormtrooper heavy weapons are really good though.

I ran this:

quote:

Emperor Palpatine (210 + 20 = 230)
--Force Push (10), Anger (5), Esteemed Leader (5)

Stormtroopers (44 + 43 = 87)
--DLT-19 Stormtrooper (24), FX-9 Medical Droid (19)

Stormtroopers (44 + 24 = 68)
--DLT-19 Stormtrooper (24)

Shoretroopers (52 + 45 = 97)
--T-21B Trooper (32), Shoretrooper (13)

DF-90 Mortar Trooper (36 + 5 = 41)
--Comms Relay (5)

Imperial Royal Guards (75 + 29 = 104)
--Electrostaff Guard (25), Tenacity (4)

Imperial Death Troopers (76 + 48 = 124)
--DLT-19D Trooper (34), Hunter (6), E-11D Focused Fire Config (8)

Scout Troopers (Strike Team) (20 + 28 = 48)
--DLT-19x Sniper (28)

Commands:
And Now You Will Die (1), Ambush (1), Give in to Your Anger (2), Push (2), An Entire Legion (3), Assault (3), Standing Orders (4)

The winning list was a Clones list. Obi-Wan, Rex & a ton of Phase 1 troopers with Z6's. The second place list I think was just an Imperial officer, Bossk, triple shores and a few other things.

I know nerfs are coming for Shores but I really like the aesthetic of them and I want to run a Rogue One list anyway, so even if they do I don't mind them getting the bat.

Zuul the Cat fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Feb 11, 2020

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Cad Bane and Padme Operatives and ARC Trooper/Droid Commando units announced.

Screwfly Solution chuds coming out of the woodwork with jimmies in full rustle over a girl in the clonehouse in FB groups.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Owlbear Camus posted:

Screwfly Solution chuds coming out of the woodwork with jimmies in full rustle over a girl in the clonehouse in FB groups.

Yeah, it got super weird early on. "How is a GURL better with a B1's gun than a battle droid, tell me I ask you."

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.

Owlbear Camus posted:

Cad Bane and Padme Operatives and ARC Trooper/Droid Commando units announced.

Hahaha yes it does.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

The weird thing is I don't remember this kind of uproar about Sabine, who an even "stronger" facile case could be made about: "wow she gets an all black lightsaber and a jetpack and bombs, what a mary sue."

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

That's a little shocking. I mean Sabine certainly has gotten that from the chuds who followed the cartoon. I would've expected at least a "How DARE she have five black dice."

Hellburger99
Jan 24, 2006

"I don't like that mooch...
or her pooch!
"
My local community is still STILL! complaining that Leia has a better melee attack than Veers. Yeah, can’t imagine why the model made to do close range support has a better melee attack than they one designed to stay in the back with the gun lines. It’s the same “80 lbs girl vs trained military man” bullshit, too.

Edit: that said yeah Leia is way undercosted for all the tools she gives you but like hell I’m ever giving her up.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

LOL there is a lot more textual evidence for Leia being able to throw down than Veers.

For all we know from what the movies show us, Veers throws a punch like a flower girl daintily tossing daisies, can't hit the broad side of a barn with small arms, and would immediately surrender if forced into combat without an AT-AT and entire army around him. That's just as likely as veers being a mustang who came up from the enlisted ranks as a crack shot and peerless operator considering all the films tell us is "commanded the Hoth ground invasion, gave the order to shoot the shield generators from inside an armored transport."

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Hellburger99 posted:

My local community is still STILL! complaining that Leia has a better melee attack than Veers. Yeah, can’t imagine why the model made to do close range support has a better melee attack than they one designed to stay in the back with the gun lines. It’s the same “80 lbs girl vs trained military man” bullshit, too.

Edit: that said yeah Leia is way undercosted for all the tools she gives you but like hell I’m ever giving her up.

But Leia has plot armor because she is one of The Good Guys it's not a gender thing your local dudes should stop overthinking it.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Just go EU and tell them that she has better melee because she has the force to make her stronger, faster, and smarter than everyone else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

Arcturas posted:

Just go EU and tell them that she has better melee because she has the force to make her stronger, faster, and smarter than everyone else.

Rise of Skywalker. Or for that matter, The Last Jedi.

Actually, let's wind back a few decades. She strangled a Hutt. By herself. She gets to have decent stats.

Also, Padme is Leia & Luke's mother. B1's are cheaply mass produced cannon fodder with crude programming. She gets to have decent stats too. That said I'd probably never buy the mini because I never liked the character despite Natalie Portman being a good actor.