Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!
Did you ever see Clu Gulager and Evonne Goolagong with the Groovy Ghoulies in The Gulag Archipelago?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Splint Chesthair posted:

Seeing Clu Gulagher’s name in the credits of Once Upon a Time in Hollywood was a trip.

I did love in the Amazing Colossal Episode guide that they thought his name was "Gallagher", because what the hell kind of name is "Gulagher"?

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?

TL posted:

What do you get when you fall from grace?
You only get cast into perdition.

This song is in the public domain
That's why we used it twice...

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

The description of the new 372 Pages podcast's latest book Moon People:

"This Book is based on the turning point for Earth into a new era of space travel and the beginning of the Age of Aquarius. The story focuses on one Man by the Name of David Braymer and his adventures from High school teacher to 1st Science Officer on board the Lunar Base 1 Mobile Base Station and his encounters with Alien Life forms through out our universe and the space Battle of all battles David experiences. I hope you enjoy the many adventures of David Braymer and his conquest in space and our journey into the Age of Aquarius."

:allears:

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Happy birthday Joe Don Baker!

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Another Bill posted:

You better hide your luuuunch!!!

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Please, no Texan asses on my desk.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Another Bill posted:

"Buzz off, kid!"

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost
So today's the day the luggage beats up the gorilla, huh?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Did you ever see Clu Gulager and Evonne Goolagong with the Groovy Ghoulies in The Gulag Archipelago?

Yes I did.

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!

Another Bill posted:

Word on the street is you're a jerk!

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Another Bill posted:

♪♪ porkchops, cream puffs, candy bars ♪♪
♪♪ meat sauce, cheetos, mallomars ♪♪
♪♪ cause he won't stop til he eats it all ♪♪

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

AH HELP I'M BEING CHASED BY A MALTESE CAR DRIVEN BY JO DON BAKER

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!
Well, I guess ♪we better ruh-ooh-unn...♪

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

What's wrong with me? Why am I not getting any business?

Moe_Rahn
Jun 1, 2006

I got a question
why they hatin' on me?
I ain't did nothin' to 'em
but count this money
and put my team on
got my whole clique stunnin'
boy wassup
yeeeeeaaaaaahhhh
John Rhys-Davies for sale!

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Is it St. Europe Day already?

I'm missing the parade!

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!
Giuseppe Don Baker.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
our hero a big stinky cheater

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!
Watching Curse of Demon Mountain, a JDB movie set during the Civil War, and for whatever reason reason they edited out the (mild) swear words on the Amazon Prime version. So there's plenty of "you son of a --" moments to be had.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Watching Curse of Demon Mountain, a JDB movie set during the Civil War, and for whatever reason reason they edited out the (mild) swear words on the Amazon Prime version. So there's plenty of "you son of a --" moments to be had.
"Son of a preacher man? Son of a son of a sailor, maybe?"

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Oh neat, someone uploaded a "BBI Vault Tape" VHS rip of Rocketship X-M

From the description:

quote:

Some backstory: A month or 2 ago, Tom Naunas, a longtime associate of Best Brains (he's known Jim Mallon since college, he worked with Jim and Kevin Murphy at Madison's PBS station before they went to BBI, he informally provided audio mixing services for the show throughout the years, he worked on MST: The Movie, etc) began selling these Vault Tapes.

According to him, these tapes were made back in the early/mid-90's for personal review purposes by the Brains and for dubbing additional VHS copies whenever an interested party asked for a particular episode. Per fan accounts, and behind-the-scenes tour videos, these tapes were kept on bookshelves in the BBI writer's room. Tom says that he was told to take a handful every time he visited the studio, resulting in a large, but sporadic collection.

While they ostensibly contain the episode listed, as they're off the master tape, they also contain additional production slates and other little anomalies. I plan on uploading the tapes that are significant, either because they won't be released on DVD, or because they have extra odd bits in them.

Tom sold 8 sets on eBay, I bought 4 of them, and I've already contacted 3 of the other buyers. If YOU bought the other set, please get in touch with me, my email address is in my profile.

As of yet, I've only uploaded 1 other episode, 622-Angels Revenge at Archive.org because Youtube wouldn't let me post here: https://archive.org/details/622bbiv

I'll be uploading more, slowly.

Here's a gallery of the tape collection as well. This is about as close as you'll probably get to an official version of Rocketship X-M.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Ballz posted:

Oh neat, someone uploaded a "BBI Vault Tape" VHS rip of Rocketship X-M

From the description:

Here's a gallery of the tape collection as well. This is about as close as you'll probably get to an official version of Rocketship X-M.

Do these have anything new on them? Or are just a direct copy of what was broadcast.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

happyhippy posted:

Do these have anything new on them? Or are just a direct copy of what was broadcast.

Mmmmmaybe? Some have unique title slates compared to final broadcast:

From the Angels Revenge description on Archive.org:

quote:

MOST of the tapes I've received so far aren't all that different than the officially released versions, beyond the extra blank space during commercial breaks. But a few do contain those extra editing slate cards. If I get any of unreleased episodes, I'll be sure to upload it, as you're probably never going to get a better copy than these.

So the answer is... probably not a whole lot, although I don't think the guy has gone over every episode with a fine-toothed comb for comparison. There is some speculation that the audio mix might not be final but probably the story behind them is the most interesting thing about them.

Edit: he's got an imgur gallery of the tapes and some more screenshots.

Ballz fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Feb 16, 2020

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Oh, that's where the versions with the dude going 'MST 3000 reel one' come from!

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
Yeah, some of those are on the DVDs.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

The slates on these tapes are different than what they showed on the broadcast, as shown in the Batwoman screenshot comparison.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Rifftrax Kickstarter for 2020 is live

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Fewer movies every year it feels like.

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

Dawgstar posted:

Fewer movies every year it feels like.

2020: 2 ($225,000, ...)

2019: 3 ($250,000, 8,618 backers pledged $539,351)

2018: 2 ($250,000, 9,436 backers pledged $501,807)

2017: 2* ($250,000, 8,602 backers pledged $430,620)

2016: 3** ($225,000, 11,686 backers pledged $620,999)

2015: 4 ($75,000, 3,842 backers pledged $250,303)

2014: 4 ($100,000, 4,887 backers pledged $265,011)

*) 2 movies + Summer Shorts Beach Party
**) 3 movies + MST3K Reunion Show

e: revised

ringu0 fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Feb 20, 2020

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Of the new seasons, Avalanche is the movie that I find myself keep coming back too. I think it has the worst geography of any movie that I've ever seen, as I have absolutely no idea where any location in that movie is in relation to any other location. I really need to see one of those miniature mock-ups of what the hell that ski resort is even supposed to look like.

And then the ambulance drives off the bridge.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

I went to see E.T. at a rep house on the weekend with my kiddos, and then followed it up with Mac & Me yesterday.

It really is an incredible rip-off until the ending, then this happens

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0yYxO89lQA&t=40s

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Hey! Who is up for a refreshing Coca-Cola and a delicious Big Mac on our way to shop at Sears?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Another Bill posted:

I went to see E.T. at a rep house on the weekend with my kiddos, and then followed it up with Mac & Me yesterday.

I LOVE THE SMELL OF NAPALM IN THE MORNING

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

Another Bill posted:

In the unedited version the kid gets shot too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6y5A0KpJkX8

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Action Jacktion posted:

One can only imagine what Jonah and the bots reaction to that would have been...

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

drrockso20 posted:

One can only imagine what Jonah and the bots reaction to that would have been...

"For those of you playing along at home, ..."

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

Honestly, Time Chasers almost carried itself in some parts.

The hero barging into the cockpit and saying, "YOU ARE GROUNDED" and then getting punched clean off the plane immediately had me laughing so hard I missed Crow's "and it's all over, good" the first time.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Action Jacktion posted:

I mean I'd heard about it but holy poo poo that sequence.

1) Cops open fire

2) Kid gets shot

3) Alien turns around with gun in hand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

Another Bill posted:

3) Alien turns around with gun in hand

CROW: Do you feel lucky, punk?

4) Cops open fire, building explodes.

CROW: Well, did ya? Be honest, now.