Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
numeracy
This poll is closed.
s*x n*mb*r 69 0.22%
w@@d n_mb_r 420 1.34%
Jeb! number 538 1.72%
Biden numbr 30330 96.72%
Total: 31357 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

But what if want to lie solely for the sake of the thrill that manipulating other people's perceptions of reality gives me?

shut

and I cannot stress this enough

dafukup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unmeidestiny
Sep 25, 2009

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Correctly observing that the only way the right wing in this country can get elected is by lying, and then thinking that means that leftists must also lie to win, undermines the very truths that right wing lies are created to obscure.

There is no moderator, referee or other official giving out points for how honorable we are during an election year. If bullshitting about a campaign's health doesn't lead to direct harm to anyone I think it's fair game.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
You hate me because I tell the truth.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

lol this actually makes me slightly more confident that Bernie will win NV anyway

RIP Syndrome
Feb 24, 2016

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

But what if want to lie solely for the sake of the thrill that manipulating other people's perceptions of reality gives me?

if you're able to pull it off at all i think you can do better than warren stans

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

politics is war, if you cant even stomach lying you dont want to win.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

i laugh at you because you're all the same

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That’s why all the haters are out to get me too

unmeidestiny
Sep 25, 2009

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

plus, saying "uh oh warren's campaign is in trouble" isn't anywhere near the caliber of lie that the right will come up with to slander someone

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe
I went to lunch and saw a couple of things about Warren's campaign, is she in trouble or what

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

If you want to see the narrative the Culinary Union leadership is trying to create, here it is in action:

https://twitter.com/Infobahn/status/1227718884733546496

They're trying to create the perception that Bernie supporters are attacking union membership for daring not to back Bernie, when what really happened is Bernie supporters attacking union leadership for trying to influence their members with dishonest anti-M4A attacks. It's a pretty classic bait-and-switch. Expect the usual suspects to fall for it and signal boost it--the ones who have already bought into and/or helped construct the Bernie Bro narrative--but that's about it.

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

Anyone have that tweet from the last few days of the guy textbanking for Bernie getting the "I wish bernie was small :3" response

Nvm found it

RedneckwithGuns has issued a correction as of 23:26 on Feb 12, 2020

unmeidestiny
Sep 25, 2009

mad.radhu posted:

I went to lunch and saw a couple of things about Warren's campaign, is she in trouble or what

big time, I heard they can't even afford to keep the lights on at her campaign hq

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/GarlicCorgi/status/1227411683104215051

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

i think a narrative shes on the brink of collapse is more likely to hurt her than help her tbh

except that narrative is never going to get backed by anyone with an authoritative voice, meaning it will be dismissed by warren supporters. it'll also fuel their feelings of spitefulness @ brother bernard and his siblings.

agree to disagree, i guess :shrug:

and i also do not think it is a good idea to spread fake news about warren. i think this idea is bad twice.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

do you even crave trucking and/or loving

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

unmeidestiny posted:

There is no moderator, referee or other official giving out points for how honorable we are during an election year. If bullshitting about a campaign's health doesn't lead to direct harm to anyone I think it's fair game.

It's not about the moral high ground, it's the simple truth of "intentionally spreading false information is in direct opposition to the core appeal of the candidate that we are supposedly trying to help." People like Bernie because he's honest. That's why Warren's lie blew up so loving bad. His word is his reputation.

RIP Syndrome
Feb 24, 2016

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

- bernie sanders, after being sworn in

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

mad.radhu posted:

There are a couple tweets alleging that Warren is running out of money and won't be able to pay her staff, but they're totally unsupported and it's a good idea to be skeptical of them for now.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

"Our union is majority women"

Yep, Sanders supporters issues with their release definetely had to do with their gender. Yep.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

mad.radhu posted:

warren died in her sleep last night

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

B
E
R
N
I
E

S
A
N
D
E
R
S

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

this is fake news

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Love it

https://twitter.com/nyforsanders/status/1227710818973822977?s=21

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Wait, isn't Warren's campaign in trouble though? I mean she got third and fourth, and the person in her "lane" (as much as that matters) was first in both, plus leading her in the next few contests. If that's not a recipe for people abandoning ship I don't know what is.

Limerick
Oct 23, 2009

:parrot:

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

Bernie's greatest asset is that everyone knows him to be one honest politician in America.

e: Well, that and class consciousness.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

playing for texas

https://twitter.com/adamkelsey/status/1227708531031318529?s=21

unmeidestiny
Sep 25, 2009

Harrow posted:

If you want to see the narrative the Culinary Union leadership is trying to create, here it is in action:

https://twitter.com/Infobahn/status/1227718884733546496

They're trying to create the perception that Bernie supporters are attacking union membership for daring not to back Bernie, when what really happened is Bernie supporters attacking union leadership for trying to influence their members with dishonest anti-M4A attacks. It's a pretty classic bait-and-switch. Expect the usual suspects to fall for it and signal boost it--the ones who have already bought into and/or helped construct the Bernie Bro narrative--but that's about it.

stuff like this IMO justifies us lying about other campaigns. they're gonna do it to us with money and muscle behind it and retweeting something speculating about the financial health of the warren campaign is not even in the same league as "medicare for all will be worse than your union health insurance"

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

unmeidestiny posted:

plus, saying "uh oh warren's campaign is in trouble" isn't anywhere near the caliber of lie that the right will come up with to slander someone

Warren's campaign IS in serious trouble. She's cancelling a shitload of ads. Why lie when the truth is already damning and crippling her?

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

Politics is war and you're the conscript who looks down his gun's barrel and pulls the trigger to see what happens

a successful Bernie campaign was always gonna have to survive having just the dumbest motherfuckers alive on its side loving up nonstop, but maybe still you should leave the clever thinking to people who are good at it chief

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star

Limerick posted:

Bernie's greatest asset is that everyone knows him to be one honest politician in America.

yeah that's why his bros must do the lying for him

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Warren's campaign IS in serious trouble. She's cancelling a shitload of ads. Why lie when the truth is already damning and crippling her?

lying rocks, which is self-evident from your opposition to it

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Limerick posted:

i never said bernie needs to lie

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
https://twitter.com/PpollingNumbers/status/1227720278194696194?s=19

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

If you wanna do this sleazy ratfuck poo poo you could at least have the sense to not broadcast it from your obvious berniebro account so everyone's immediate takeaway isn't "don't trust bernie posters", but I feel like the subtleties of propaganda are gonna be lost on the kind of intensely stupid person who thinks that lie is a good idea to begin with

if you want to only paint in the lines and be a square could you not hang around here and go back to d&d? you have made a series of posts demanding things like decorum in the succ thread while also putting other people down.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Uh, excuse me, sir and/or ma’am,

Did you fill out all of the appropriate paperwork that’s necessary to have a good time? I’m afraid it’s against the rules to have fun without a permit here, and we need everyone to respect the process so that everyone can have a good, fun time.

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

Risperdal

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star
getting my feathers ruffled by the indecorous antics of these jeering urchins

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Small lily white states are Warren's core demographic though. Iowa and New Hampshire were especially friendly to Warren and Buttigieg and demographically not great for Sanders.

https://twitter.com/madsmaru/status/1227716208713060352

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin

unmeidestiny posted:

i think a lot of "warren #1, sanders #2" voters exist.

i think warren people accumulating spiteful feelings toward sanders & siblings because of dumb poo poo is exactly the kind of thing that nudges "actually, Klobuchar/Warren is my new #2 choice" toward reality