Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

twoday posted:

https://twitter.com/OliviaMesser/status/1227710547195506690?s=20

“The first three days that were here, we had no luggage and had no change of clothes and weren’t able to do laundry,” he said. “We’re required to go out three to four times a day from our rooms to get fed and have our temperature taken.”

“We’re trying our best to disinfect things with the hand soap that we’ve been given, even though we don’t have disinfectant,” Wilson added. “We’re frustrated and worried.”

Many evacuees feel that the instructions from the CDC have been confusing and even contradictory, he continued. “They have told us to stand six feet away from each other, and then have us stand shoulder-to-shoulder when they take our temperature,” which Wilson claimed “flies in the face of the protections and precautions.”

I'm going to forward this to a buddy who worked with the CDC as a grad/doc student and watch her explode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gregday
May 23, 2003

they got the boo box

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Hahahaha HELL YES

CHAOS!

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
if i was a totalitarian government and wanted to come clean on lying about the true extent of the epidemic, i would fire the local officials and pin the blame on them.

PRESTER JANE GOT PROBED TOO SOON

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

gregday posted:

they got the boo box

lol the pirate that got put in the boo box was glenn close in drag

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Spergin Morlock posted:

lol the pirate that got put in the boo box was glenn close in drag

lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCx-M8dcDhk

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

SKULL.GIF posted:

remember when this post was a joke

and then they actually named it Sars Virus 2

just call it novacorona or something, sounds ominous and a bit cyberpunk

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets
Hubei province is late with their numbers today. :ohdear:

How hard can it be to multiply the previous day by 75%?

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK
the CDC has acted real languidly over this whole thing.

they are gonna get us all killed because their tests don’t work and even the tests that do work may not work all of the time.

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

I plan to live forever, of course, but barring that I'd settle for a couple thousand years. Even 500 would be pretty nice.

Torpor posted:

they are gonna get us all killed because their tests don’t work and even the tests that do work may not work all of the time.
Well it doesn't have a very high fatality rate but the rest of the point taken yes.

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

I plan to live forever, of course, but barring that I'd settle for a couple thousand years. Even 500 would be pretty nice.
Today, we are all the Coronavirus. The CDC is helping, but the virus needs more help. I'm gonna call Bono right now to organize a concert for the Coronavirus in Wuhan.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

LookingGodIntheEye posted:

Well it doesn't have a very high fatality rate but the rest of the point taken yes.

uh how do you know the real fatality rate do you have inside info

Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

Oh you want some too? Fuck you!

https://twitter.com/lookner/status/1227741378735636480

CPA Hell
Apr 15, 2007

I like to press the number six!

Torpor posted:

what are the odds that they skipped normal procurement procedures because it’s an “emergency” and acquired them by whatever means ensured the most nepotism and graft?

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Holy poo poo this is bad

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
Nailed it

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

oxsnard posted:

if i was a totalitarian government and wanted to come clean on lying about the true extent of the epidemic, i would fire the local officials and pin the blame on them.

PRESTER JANE GOT PROBED TOO SOON

Unprobe Prester Jane

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
hmm I might actually buy that plague doctor mask I was joking about earlier

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface
Im so confused.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

holy poo poo

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1227741314911031296

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
China likes to rip the band-aid and get it over with. They're gonna do something drastic with their currency soon

twoday
May 4, 2005

lmao

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
huh are they still releasing a count twice a day with those numbers because that seems like a lot

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

Doorknob Slobber posted:

uh how do you know the real fatality rate do you have inside info

The rate has been at 2%. That's still high and demands containment, but it's not "kill everyone" high.

The source is like uh read some news

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators
Wow we're actually going to have a pandemic. Not surprising given the way that cruise ship outbreak has been going.

CPA Hell
Apr 15, 2007

probably just a typo where someone accidentally hit an extra digit.

or maybe they have finally decided to bite the bullet and start trying to play “catch up” with the daily reporting numbers until they can get up to their real total count.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

twoday posted:

https://twitter.com/OliviaMesser/status/1227710547195506690?s=20

“The first three days that were here, we had no luggage and had no change of clothes and weren’t able to do laundry,” he said. “We’re required to go out three to four times a day from our rooms to get fed and have our temperature taken.”

“We’re trying our best to disinfect things with the hand soap that we’ve been given, even though we don’t have disinfectant,” Wilson added. “We’re frustrated and worried.”

Many evacuees feel that the instructions from the CDC have been confusing and even contradictory, he continued. “They have told us to stand six feet away from each other, and then have us stand shoulder-to-shoulder when they take our temperature,” which Wilson claimed “flies in the face of the protections and precautions.”

lmao this is exactly how lovely i imagined the US containment efforts would be

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die
This is like the scene in the matrix where agent Smith says humanity is a virus, except instead of humanity it's coronavirus

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

twoday posted:

this graphic will be funny to photoshop with updated info later:

lmfao

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

holy gently caress :lmao:

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

CPA Hell posted:

probably just a typo where someone accidentally hit an extra digit.

or maybe they have finally decided to bite the bullet and start trying to play “catch up” with the daily reporting numbers until they can get up to their real total count.

I mean given that the stock market has gone down like 1% in futures trading along with Chinese currency, there is a financial incentive to correct this ASAP if it was a fat finger mistake.

Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

Oh you want some too? Fuck you!

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1227743997927530496

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

We are now above the “pessimistic scenario” peak. :lol:

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

quote:

[Wartime control in Zhangwan District, Shiyan, Hubei] The new crown pneumonia epidemic prevention and control headquarters in Zhangwan District, Shiyan City, Hubei Province issued a notice announcing that Zhangwan District will implement wartime control from 24:00 on February 12, the principle of control measures It takes 14 days as a cycle, depending on the city's and Zhangwan District's epidemic prevention and control effects, it can be lifted or implemented in advance.
https://twitter.com/PDChinese/status/1227643244575633409?s=20

CPA Hell
Apr 15, 2007

twoday posted:

this graphic will be funny to photoshop with updated info later:

yesterday, just a little under the optimistic scenario. with today’s numbers, now above the pessimistic scenario. remember the good ol’ days when the pessimistic scenario seemed scary? I miss those days

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Can we bring back the old graph from 2 weeks ago. We just got 1000% growth in a day. Verticality is back.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

U-DO Burger posted:

lmao this is exactly how lovely i imagined the US containment efforts would be

The unnamed country can only be angry over the superior high energy Chinese response.

(Trump cut government funding for agencies like the CDC as part of his reform plan)

twoday
May 4, 2005

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Lolllllllololololllllololol