Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Tipps posted:

Good night for aurora watching. I just wish my phone was better at taking night shots.

It was fun to watch and be made to feel infinitely small.

drat are you up in Homer or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Is everyone still getting high, did we just forget to post about it

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Clean hits rule. I smoked a bunch of weed today. I have bronchitis so I about died each time.

I had something similar once back in college, the smoke made my throat feel like it was on fire, just awful. Ended up putting all my weed into some whole milk on the range and got way too high once I drank it. Very sick plus way too high equals not nice

thats dope. you should take some shroomies sometime and look at the aurora, that's always been a dream of mine

The Modern Leper posted:

I know it can be a big hassle, but man is there nothing like your first hit after cleaning your pipe/screen/whatever. Like, I actually forget how the pull should feel and it's a surprise every time.

How'd you clean it? I'm really lazy and I smoke so much weed that my big pipe fills with poo poo within a few days. I don't really think it's that bad to smoke it dirty, as I usually dump it out before I really get to the bottom of the weed, because I want to avoid inhaling resin.

I know there are products I just don't have any, usually I just stick em in a pot and boil/wash them over and over but that tends to make the house smell like lovely bongwater

bagmonkey posted:

If ever you must ask this question of yourself, just assume I"m still out there, gettin high

Antioch
Apr 18, 2003

Play posted:

thats dope. you should take some shroomies sometime and look at the aurora, that's always been a dream of mine

One of the best days of my life involved the Aurora, Pyramid Lake just outside of Jasper, AB, and a hot tub to myself. Dead of winter a couple years ago, my wife went to bed early, I downed a mushroom tea and smoked a joint while watching the sky. It was god damned magical and I recommend everyone try it at least once.

potee
Jul 23, 2007

Or, you know.

Not fine.

bagmonkey posted:

No

we're getting jazzed now

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

loving love weed. i need to cut back to once a week tbh because i waste so much time smoking weed which is a thing i love

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

I’ve continued to use edibles but a couple nights I took some bong hits as well and watched Impractical Jokers shits been great.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
There's not enough weed I could smoke to find impractical jokers appealing, so congrats on that.

I'm stocked up for at least the next week. Decent weed and some tasty wax.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

There's not enough weed I could smoke to find impractical jokers appealing, so congrats on that.

I can’t imagine what kind of narrowband television pigeonhole you would have to squeak down to find the way those people speak to be normal. Like what are the gateway shows, America’s funniest home videos II, fargo, rikki tiki tavi, the Friday’s waitress training video.. :thunk:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
They run it in 16 hour blocks on TruTV. You know, the channel that used to be Spike. That used to be The National Network, that used to be TNN: The Nashville Network. And probably a few more in between.

It's a rabbit hole of rednecks and college bros fanbase.

I would watch TruTV for Adam Ruins Everything occasionally, but they literally run impractical jokers for half their schedule each day. Usually the Carbanaro effect (magic show) fills the remaining time. If they'd stay on that garbage channel, okay, no big deal. Now they're on TBS some days with marathon blocks and I'd rather watch paint dry than some Jersey sounding shitbags ramble and giggle like schoolgirls at each other.

I miss old school TNN where they had monster truck rallies and all sorts of drag races or tractor pulls, but I was a farm kid and that poo poo always grabbed my attention more than people jumping around on screen begging for it.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

my mom always had tnn on in the early 90's and it was like 60% country music and 40% fishing shows. good poo poo

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I bought my coworker a grinder and gave it to him yesterday since he's a weed amateur and then I went home and broke my own grinder immediately :(

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

rip

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I still have the spacecase I bought off a friend in 2006. Still gets daily use. Best $40 I ever spent.

Ragtime All The Time
Apr 6, 2011

Rumor at work they’re going to run through a round of drug testing. Gonna be a lame few weeks.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I have a kannastor grinder specifically for vapes and let me tell you boys, it's real fuckin good.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Ragtime All The Time posted:

Rumor at work they’re going to run through a round of drug testing. Gonna be a lame few weeks.

Order a case of Uscreen cups, they’re like 3 dollars per in a case of 25, test yourself every day so you can at least see how long it takes for you to piss clean. It’s not usually even close to 30 days like you always hear but there’s a lot of variables from person to person. Also a good way to see if any of the ways to beat a drug test work for you.

Tipps
Apr 18, 2006

party in the front

business in the back

Laserface posted:

I have a kannastor grinder specifically for vapes and let me tell you boys, it's real fuckin good.

Genuinely asking: what is the difference/advantages between one of these for 50$, and dirt cheap grinders from Amazon?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I don't know about Kannastor, but 14 years and going strong on my Spacecase means it was worth the $40 buying it off a friend, and I think he paid $60 the year prior.

A $5 grinder is fine, just gonna snap some teeth inside where a good name brand one will last forever.

I bought a couple cheap grinders on amazon because my spacecase is rather small and doesn't have a magnet top. Gave a couple away but snapped teeth in the largest one I bought within a month. Went right back to the spacecase.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
the kannastor has a swappaple grinding plate (one coarser, one finer) and an extra space for holding ground weed so you can switch back and forth

but honestly i just use my spacecase that i've had for over 15 years

Agrinja
Nov 30, 2013

Praise the Sun!

Total Clam

Tipps posted:

Genuinely asking: what is the difference/advantages between one of these for 50$, and dirt cheap grinders from Amazon?

I have a Santa Cruz Shredder and formerly had a cheap one from Amazon. The Shredder is a more even, fluffy grind and does it's job well. The Amazon grinder did "okay". For some it's probably perfectly fine but I like having a nice one because I use it every single day.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i did have a cheapo metal grinder once and it left metal shavings in my weed so do watch for that. i think a cheap plastic one would be fine though

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Plastic ones break teeth even faster unless they're the little pyramid cut teeth.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Plastic ones break teeth even faster unless they're the little pyramid cut teeth.

Does a plastic grinder actually offer any advantage beyond being lighter?
They seem to break frequently and can't shred to the degree of a metal device plus I would think any static cling would keep pollen tied to the rim and hard to remove.

potee
Jul 23, 2007

Or, you know.

Not fine.

Video Nasty posted:

They seem to break frequently and can't shred to the degree of a metal device plus I would think any static cling would keep pollen tied to the rim and hard to remove.

I keep one in my travel kit because of weight and replacement cost if it gets lost/broken/stolen by tsa, but for home use there's no reason to cheap out imo.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
They get through metal detectors.

Plastic grinders are pretty much only worth it if it's free. They're like complimentary promotional items, cheap and will work but will be garbage in a week. I've gotten one from a dispensary before as a free gift for buying an ounce (they had just opened too). Pretty sure I threw it out when I got home that day.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Play posted:

How'd you clean it? I'm really lazy and I smoke so much weed that my big pipe fills with poo poo within a few days. I don't really think it's that bad to smoke it dirty, as I usually dump it out before I really get to the bottom of the weed, because I want to avoid inhaling resin.

I know there are products I just don't have any, usually I just stick em in a pot and boil/wash them over and over but that tends to make the house smell like lovely bongwater

I have a vaporizer, so I just soaked the screen in isopropyl alcohol and ran a soaked qtip over the well. For pipes and bongs, I think most people here would recommend alcohol and rock salt.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
rubbing alcohol and salt is good
this stuff is amazing though
https://www.amazon.com/Formula-Glass-Ceramic-Cleaner-Bottles/dp/B00O5E3XI8/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=420+cleaner&qid=1581621748&sr=8-4

your bong will be like new within 5-10 minutes

no matter what though I highly recommend the bong caps so you can close off the bong and shake it up real good for cleaning.

https://www.amazon.com/ResOlution-Universal-Cleaning-Storage-Proofing/dp/B01B1ZLL3M/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=bong+caps&qid=1581621819&sr=8-4

this is the combo I use. literally takes me no time to clean up my poo poo. rinses out well

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Thanks for the cleaning advice fam, think I'll grab that Formula 420. I regularly use alcohol and rock salt (forgot to mention that) but honestly it's not really enough for how dirty my poo poo gets. It'll clean it okay but it takes like the whole day.

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

loving love weed. i need to cut back to once a week tbh because i waste so much time smoking weed which is a thing i love

this logic seems very circular. if you love something why would you cut back on it?? ;)

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I just pop by the shop and buy a bunch of random weed products a couple times a month even if I still have some. I never come close to running out of anything, that sounds horrifying

Video Nasty posted:

They're cheaper to make and buy, that's the only advantage besides not showing up on x rays

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Play posted:

I just pop by the shop and buy a bunch of random weed products a couple times a month even if I still have some. I never come close to running out of anything, that sounds horrifying.

Pretty much what I do. I still had an eighth left and half a gram or so of wax, but it's nice to top up.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

Just use a coffee grinder or one of those centrifuges that scientists use to liquefy rats to a uniform paste.

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

Holy Moses the guy at the weed store sold me some concentrate and a "nectar collecter" (glass straw) to smoke it with and this stuff looked at what I considered my high tolerance for THC and chuckled slightly as it wiped it off it's shoe before giving me the business. I haven't been that baked for a long time.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

The Bramble posted:

Holy Moses the guy at the weed store sold me some concentrate and a "nectar collecter" (glass straw) to smoke it with and this stuff looked at what I considered my high tolerance for THC and chuckled slightly as it wiped it off it's shoe before giving me the business. I haven't been that baked for a long time.

Nice! As long as you enjoyed it. For me with hash I actually find it to be a kind of "incomplete" high where yes it can get you very high but its missing some elements from how flower feels.

I had a little incident recently while I was snowboarding. My hash pen wasn't really hitting, probably because it was super cold and the coil is old and needs to be replaced. Well anyways I basically kept trying to hit it until all the sudden it gets heated up and starts putting out insanely dense smoke, which I didn't realize at the time because I was breathing it in and its hard to tell how thick the smoke is as you're breathing it in.

Anyways my girlfriend and I got insanely, scarily baked and weren't sure what was gonna happen but in the end it only made our snowboarding more badass, we probably did the best snowboarding of the whole trip in that hourlong interlude where we were baked out of our minds

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
My tolerance is finally dwindling back down to a normal-ish area. I was smoking absolutely dumb amounts of flower a few months back now, 1.5-2oz a week. Right around a half oz a week now, with dabs thrown in to spice poo poo up, but a gram is lasting me 4-5 days. Just a little more hot air to lift the balloon.

/\ I agree on the "something's missing" end of concentrates. It's why I went to smoking so much flower for so long.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

My tolerance is finally dwindling back down to a normal-ish area. I was smoking absolutely dumb amounts of flower a few months back now, 1.5-2oz a week. Right around a half oz a week now, with dabs thrown in to spice poo poo up, but a gram is lasting me 4-5 days. Just a little more hot air to lift the balloon.

That is pretty insane, reminds me a lot of college when I used to sell cocaine and had money all the time, I'd buy my personal stash by the quarter pound and go through ungodly amounts (to be fair, I did share a lot and pretty much rolled blunts for anyone who came through).

These days I probably go through about a quarter a week in flower and maybe a gram of concentrate, although it's hard to put an exact number to it

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Yeah, it was a stupid rear end tolerance and dumb to ratchet it up that high. It happened when I switched back from strictly concentrates to strictly flower and welp, thems the breaks.

Nice getting high for cheaper these days.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

This Cinderella got me feeling like I’m wearing glass slippers.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I've been mostly smoking carts lately, mostly because I'm waiting for my buddy to finish with his new crop. Hoping to get a shitload of bud soon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Harton posted:

This Cinderella got me feeling like I’m wearing glass slippers.

I remember getting this French exchange student high for the very first time in junior high and he said it made him feel like his head was covered in cotton. At least I think that's what he was saying

For some reason that always stuck with me, even though it's not the best description of being high I've ever heard, it can kinda feel like that sometimes