Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dovi
Feb 21, 2013

I've always wanted to see a let's play in heroes of might and magic 3 multiplayer with at least 4 players. Fond memories of playing that with my non gamer family

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

Professor Duck posted:

Absolutely not stupid. I'm with you on watching a whole lot of Dynasty mode. Also lets me know that at least SOMEONE might be into that. :v:

I've been toying around with a few ideas on where to go with something like that, and also toying around with editing statistics and ratings, and making things more "interesting" (if you call playing games where everyone is a 40 overall "interesting"....it does lead to some hilarious outcomes). I'm hoping to start in a few months, when I maybe have the time to actually get into it.

Hope that might whet your appetite.

Noiiiiiiiiice.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

I'd like to ask for Serpent in the Staglands because I am far too much of a coward to try it myself.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

I can't believe there isn't a request for Mizzurna Falls.

At the moment it's only playable in Japanese, or fan Spanish, but...

https://i.imgur.com/I3Qy450.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/RU4IvEA.mp4

It's an open-world Twin Peaks/Deadly Premonition-like which predates not only Shenmue but even loving Silent Hill :stonk:

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
There's a full LP of the game here, done by SA user 'discworld is all I read'. He and a friend also made an English translation he put in the videos.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
GrouverHauspital

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Is there anything out there for Dino Crisis 3? There was one here years and years ago that had interlacing problems.

Cockashocka
Sep 13, 2013

Bubble brother

Maybe a let's play of Scooby Doo: Classic Creep Capers for the n64 would be a neat idea, it has awkward fixed camera angles and controls, but it's an interesting adventure type game.

There's also a series of Scooby Doo games by the Learning Company for pc which are Jounior Adventure type games, which are interesting.

Cockashocka fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Feb 28, 2020

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

I'm looking to get a big long-term Aurora 4x LP going. I was going to do a Rule the Waves 2 LP, but a lot of people have been running those, and Aurora hasn't been done in a while. SO my plan is to run an Aurora game along similar lines to how goon directed Rule the Waves games are done.

I'm curious as to what might go over better. On one hand I've prepped a very normal starting scenario, in which I have a small fleet, and would be ready to immediately start exploring and expanding throughout the galaxy almost immediately. On the other hand I really enjoyed the smaller and more flavoured scenario of RubicMarine's "White Ships, Black Sea". Which went inactive much too soon. If I did go this route I'd run things a bit differently, but would run a very similar scenario. I'm not sure how it would go over if I did something very similar.

What do you guys think?

Tsilkani
Jul 28, 2013

Has anyone done a good LP of Sunless SKies? I really enjoyed the Sunless Seas LP that was on the boards, and was wondering if the same would be done for the sequel.

DentD
Aug 13, 2015

I can predict the future! And you're going to be OKAY.
Is anyone aware of a Mass Effect trilogy LP that aims to achieve the "worst" possible outcomes? Not a Renegade playthrough. One that actively tries to kill as many squad members as possible and generally achieve the unhappiest conclusion for everything?

I've wanted to see this for a long time but if it doesn't exist I may just try to make it myself.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Virtual Russian posted:

I'm looking to get a big long-term Aurora 4x LP going. I was going to do a Rule the Waves 2 LP, but a lot of people have been running those, and Aurora hasn't been done in a while. SO my plan is to run an Aurora game along similar lines to how goon directed Rule the Waves games are done.

I'm curious as to what might go over better. On one hand I've prepped a very normal starting scenario, in which I have a small fleet, and would be ready to immediately start exploring and expanding throughout the galaxy almost immediately. On the other hand I really enjoyed the smaller and more flavoured scenario of RubicMarine's "White Ships, Black Sea". Which went inactive much too soon. If I did go this route I'd run things a bit differently, but would run a very similar scenario. I'm not sure how it would go over if I did something very similar.

What do you guys think?

Steve (the developer) recently said he thought Aurora C# might be out by the end of March. You might want to hold off until C# comes out. Although C# has been expected "soon" for about a year now so who knows for sure.

Grognard thread recently had a discussion on this very topic, start of the discussion is here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3887173&pagenumber=71&perpage=40#post501903438

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

DentD posted:

Is anyone aware of a Mass Effect trilogy LP that aims to achieve the "worst" possible outcomes? Not a Renegade playthrough. One that actively tries to kill as many squad members as possible and generally achieve the unhappiest conclusion for everything?

I've wanted to see this for a long time but if it doesn't exist I may just try to make it myself.
Not the entire trilogy, but Lt. Danger did a no-import run of 3 which is pretty much just that since the default has most everyone dead. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3652018 and part 2 https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3720958

Bliss Authority
Jul 6, 2011

I'm not saying it was witches

but it was witches

Can anyone recommend - or is anyone interested in - an in-depth informative LP about ZeroRanger?

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
The user formerly known as Niggurath did Mizzurna falls. Don't know if it was on here. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLuoM6YEhavdylwtAve3AyzB62OX6a_HL8

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

I would like to see an Ultima 8 SSLP that actually gets completed.

Also BAT II: The Koshan Conspiracy in pretty much any format. This game has fascinated me since way back when I was a child too stupid to understand how it worked, and there are pretty much no LPs out there.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

Thesaya posted:

The user formerly known as Niggurath did Mizzurna falls. Don't know if it was on here. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLuoM6YEhavdylwtAve3AyzB62OX6a_HL8
It was on here, though the thread requires archives by now since it's been ummm way too long: https://lparchive.org/Michigan-Report-from-Hell/

Zanzibar Ham posted:

There's a full LP of the game here, done by SA user 'discworld is all I read'. He and a friend also made an English translation he put in the videos.
Well the English translation had been done for years, but the implementing of it caused the game to be ummm super unstable. So I decided to just subtitle it from the text dumps that were made...and boy howdy, that took a long rear end time.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Berwick Saga and Vestaria Saga SSLPs
The translation for both finished recently and it's always fun to watch people suffer under Kaga Emblem.

Cockashocka
Sep 13, 2013

Bubble brother

Titanic: Adventure out of Time is an interesting adventure game with multiple endings, and might be worth a fleshed out LP, along with other Cyberflix games

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
I would like to see an LP of Valkyrie Profile: Silmeria. Partly because I feel like that series doesn't get enough love, and partly to see if it's as hard as I remember or if I just suck

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

VLP of Armored Core 3 and, hopefully, its many sequels. The last traditional AC games, before they looked at the controllers and realized they have a second analog stick, they're kind of hard to get back into now.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Unreal_One posted:

VLP of Armored Core 3 and, hopefully, its many sequels. The last traditional AC games, before they looked at the controllers and realized they have a second analog stick, they're kind of hard to get back into now.

I'm actually working on this. Routing is effectively done, now I'm just writing and attempting to resolve certain emulation issues.

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

I was watching your 2 LP, that's why I asked, lol

OddHaberdasher
Jan 21, 2016
I have come with two requests, if it please you.

The first is for a Let's Play of Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma, because there are already quality Let's Plays of the other two in the Zero Escape trilogy, and it's always nice to complete a set.

In light of Robotics;Notes ELITE (the third Science Adventure VN) coming to the West some time this year, I'd also like to request a Let's Play of the first VN in the Science Adventure series Chaos;Head. After all, we already have an LP for the second VN, Steins;Gate.

Note: Edited original request for the sake of brevity.

OddHaberdasher fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Mar 9, 2020

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

I know this sounds dumb/kind of an oxymoron but is there any video LP where what's going on in the screen doesn't matter as much as the commentary? I'm mainly looking for poo poo I can just play and listen while getting to sleep (instead of watching) and I'm kinda tired of the same podcasts

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!
I'd say almost every co-commentated LP meets that criteria, I've often heard people say they use such LPs for exactly that purpose, so find an LP group you like and you'll probably be set. I personally like The Jay Of Spade/ChorpSaway, who do almost all their LPs together and constantly go off topic, and Micolithe would also be a good choice, I've described his videos as "podcast-style LPs"

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Mystic Stylez posted:

I know this sounds dumb/kind of an oxymoron but is there any video LP where what's going on in the screen doesn't matter as much as the commentary? I'm mainly looking for poo poo I can just play and listen while getting to sleep (instead of watching) and I'm kinda tired of the same podcasts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6u9Ia33hRQ

If you just wanna listen to a dude be chill and play Diablo II without attacking anything directly

Dovi
Feb 21, 2013

Try supergrestfriend reading a vampire dating cyoa with the hulk hogan rap album

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iaYLW-95ka8

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

Xander77 posted:

I would like to see an Ultima 8 SSLP that actually gets completed.

God, yes. I was so sad when Terragoetia's petered out. I was really enjoying that one.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

Mystic Stylez posted:

That's the kind of stuff I tried to make with Yiik and Jimmy and Golf.

Danaru's stuff is loving fantastic for that as well.

G-Mawwwwwww fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Mar 13, 2020

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I'm looking for a good Let's Play of Doom(2016) I'm interested in someone doing a 100% run, and if it's on Nightmare even better.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

I don't know that you could consider speedruns as LPs, but a guy did a Nightmare 100% speedrun of Doom at the most recent GDQ event and it was pretty drat impressive: https://youtube.com/watch?v=oIC4tHc9_pc

There aren't too many glitches, the category pretty much just involves beating the game really fast by killing/collecting/triggering everything as intended.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

bike tory posted:

I don't know that you could consider speedruns as LPs, but a guy did a Nightmare 100% speedrun of Doom at the most recent GDQ event and it was pretty drat impressive: https://youtube.com/watch?v=oIC4tHc9_pc

There aren't too many glitches, the category pretty much just involves beating the game really fast by killing/collecting/triggering everything as intended.

Does it play through all the cutscenes? I'm lame and want to catch up on the "story" before Eternal.

e: I decided to just look and see, THis looks awesome thanks!

Boba Pearl fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Mar 15, 2020

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Alexeythegreat did one a few years ago: https://lparchive.org/Doom-2016/

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Kheldarn posted:

I'd like to request an LP of Super Mario RPG run through the Super Mario RPG Open World Randomizer. It's basically Final Fantasy IV: Free Enterprise for Super Mario RPG (though it also has a Classic option, where you play the game as normal, but with things randomized, albeit there are fewer randomization options that way). No preference for the LP format.

This is currently being done as a VLP by Maple Leaf and Olive Branch. It's extra neat, because they each control a different character in battle as determined by a random script, and ALL of Mario's actions are determined by a random script.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Any good informative LPs of Resident Evil 1? I'd prefer the remake but the original is good too.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I made this same request a couple years ago, but in light of recent events, I think there should be an informative LP of The Division 1, because I always felt it suffered from the Elder Scrolls problem of having fantastic lore nuggets trapped in an otherwise utterly generic and kinda bad game. It'd be nice for people to be able to actually see all the intricate worldbuilding of post-pandemic NYC without having to slog through bullet sponge enemies and an unsatisfying loot treadmill themselves.

Also, to discuss the elephant in the room that it's ultimately a game celebrating the supremacy of unchecked state power to keep the ungrateful untermenchen hordes from annihilating society from within.

Kerning Chameleon fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Mar 22, 2020

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Any recommendations for a video LP of Persona 3? Portable is the most complete version, right?

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!

Kerning Chameleon posted:

I made this same request a couple years ago, but in light of recent events, I think there should be an informative LP of The Division 1, because I always felt it suffered from the Elder Scrolls problem of having fantastic lore nuggets trapped in an otherwise utterly generic and kinda bad game. It'd be nice for people to be able to actually see all the intricate worldbuilding of post-pandemic NYC without having to slog through bullet sponge enemies and an unsatisfying loot treadmill themselves.

Also, to discuss the elephant in the room that it's ultimately a game celebrating the supremacy of unchecked state power to keep the ungrateful untermenchen hordes from annihilating society from within.

:yeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

S.J. posted:

Any recommendations for a video LP of Persona 3? Portable is the most complete version, right?
It technically has the most content, but a lot of the graphics and even some of the VA has to be left by the wayside in order to make it so the PSP could handle the game, iirc. Most of the animated cutscenes are gone, even the in-engine ones, replaced by VN-style talking heads.