Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Pixelate posted:

Oh yeah Ive probably got all that wrong. If you were Chris, and you were designing Microtech’s moons, would you go with the 1950s hats, or the preppy saleswoman look? I think that’s the current question at hand. It’s hard to follow.

Sun is still a case of ‘drop out at a distance’ I think. Although the nav computer has other ideas...

CRUSADER OM-1 IS NOW IN THE SUN

Why does the screen in SC always look so cluttered and claustrophobic?

We have 4k and soon 8k, how is that even possible ? We aern't dealing with 1024x768 anymore where you have to cram the screen full of poo poo to make it all fit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

Blue On Blue posted:

We have 4k and soon 8k, how is that even possible ? We aern't dealing with 1024x768 anymore where you have to cram the screen full of poo poo to make it all fit

It's diegetically designed to be viewed in VR

e: taxxe donation

Pixelate fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Feb 13, 2020

mjotto
Nov 8, 2017
There's a hole in me shield what am I gonna do?
I'm gonna fix that hole that's what I'm gonna do,
I'm gonna fix that hole

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Quavers posted:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/4/thread/ptu-feedback-long-term-persistence

:trustme: [PTU Feedback] Long Term Persistence

Greetings,

We have added an early version of long term persistence to allow player purchases and UEC balance to persist between database wipes. We will persist the following:
FPS item purchases
Ship component purchases
Ship purchases
UEC balance
Items, components, or weapons equipped to your ship or character will be returned to inventory after a database wipe. Recopy and manual reset will bypass long term persistence, so for now avoid using recopy or reset. For this version, ship states, reputation, purchased commodity cargo, and ship rentals will not persist between wipes.

For testing, please play as normal, earn UEC, purchase items, and equip items. Keep a record of your inventory and UEC, we will be wiping the database tomorrow morning (central time US) and afterward verify your inventory and UEC persisted as expected. If you encounter any issues please create an issue council report and link the issue below for investigation. If you have any feedback on this initial implementation, please voice that below as well.

Thanks for helping test this out!

-Baior
Lead Player Experience Analyst

"...erm - persistence"
-Chris Roberts 2012-?

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Blue On Blue posted:

ui/ux design is not immersive

ClownBobo
Jan 3, 2020

vIHbe'chugh, vaj Huch law' Sovbe'lu'
Shillizens, awaken! The time to mobilize is come. A common usurper is among us. Truly, it is the first of the abominations predicted by time and delivered of pathetic human vanity. Behold the beast which comes to you now bearing reasonable criticism, and an end to our way of life! Gaze upon the vile temptress, freely offering its thoughtful compromises. Pale Canadian succubus, destroyer of worlds.

https://youtu.be/AhFkmlrw3eg

Shitizens, now take up arms! One of our own has begun his turn and must be consumed. We must rise up to take his weakened flesh, rend it with our teeth, suck the marrow from his blasphemous fingers. His heresy is perfect and it is without blemish. The hour is certainly struck. Now is when we must consume his eyes, his ears, his nose, but not his mouth. His perfect mouth must remain unmolested, to be set screaming for forgiveness into eternal darkness.

The virgin death must be preserved.

dejapes
Jan 4, 2020
"Long-term" UEC balance and ship purchase persistence existing alongside a store front selling those same items for tens to thousands of dollars. All catering to a playerbase of whales.

Looks like a ripe time for credit-farming bots and some off-shore MMO 'gold-selling' sites to get involved.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Prison idea:
Spend some money on licensing...
Then when you go to prison, it loads Escape from Butcher Bay.
Suddenly game good!

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"
loving :lol: more Chris incoming in 3.9 it seems

quote:

Remove Helmet to eat and drink
obviously.

quote:

Hints_Interaction_Condition_Helmet_Consume=Remove helmet to eat or drink

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"
Bobo, next incarnation try a guy who abhors unrealistic wing tips. Or who can only say BUTTMUNCH. You need to extend your range man.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
My favorite thing about prison gameplay is the whole concept of who "owns" a ship. If you manage to steal a player's ship, the game still registers that ship as being "owned" by the original player, not the pirate. This persists until that player "claims" his ship at a terminal.

That means that certain crimes you commit while joyriding get dumped on the poor sap who didn't immediately claim his ship. Gonna be fun when you can stir up poo poo and get a commando sent to jail for your crimes.

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
life is short - play hard

Mozi posted:

first, last, and only

First, last, eternity

https://youtu.be/Xe_0zKVVGQw

mjotto
Nov 8, 2017
First, last, fidelity

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

G0RF posted:

Is the star even approachable? I thought it was just visible from a distance. If you can’t fly to it (a la Elite) I don’t really consider it in.

Did Microtech’s moons get added and I missed it? I thought that was the big Q1 challenge Lando was already prepping us to be disappointed in on “Inside Star Citizen” a couple weeks back.

I assumed we were short Microtechs moons and Crusader’s “everything” still. (Progress got so painfully slow that I stopped paying close attention.)

I believe it was confirmed a while ago that the star isn't real and was just a placeholder until CIG could add a real one.

It doesn't really matter either way cause you can't jump to it whether it's real or not

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Antigravitas posted:

Pivot the project into a kink simulator like second life, but fedilicier (?!). Make crazy bank.

This is the actual dream of many Star citizen fans.

They want to do all the kinks and creepy things in their space dungeons.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Sarsapariller posted:

Fraudulent One

This is the name of my space ship.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

monkeytek posted:

Excuse me you are forgetting:

Dragging the corpses and injured to my space sex dungeon where I will imprison them and show them the repercussions of space piracy while the space battle ensues around me.

I remember this one.

Is this the fetish with the guy who wanted to chop people up so he could fit more corpses in his bathroom?

Or are you the one who wanted more fidelity with the bathroom for RP reasons and a pat on your lap and a wink and a smooth "welcome to my space ship, my lady. Come be a good slut and join me in my space hot tub?"

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

monkeytek posted:

I have a sinking suspicion the graphics artists from Love Pledge have buggered off to the game The Titanic was looking at.

I am disappointed in Love Pledge's lack of progress so will no longer subscribe to the monthly "Titay Club" but I will honor my commitment and continue to buy virtual panties.

Definitely your loss because this month is "wet spot white with a bow" and you should know people are really going wild for them. The showcase for showing off your trophies like this and many others is almost ready to go too. I think they're just tightening up the graphics on the dildo holders before it's considered ready to go. Unfortunately the CEO is a big sticker and he keeps wanting the holders to sometimes have that perfect glint of freshly used wetness, so the art guys have been going bonkers and they're on like version 7 of these things now.

Perfection ain't easy!

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Beet Wagon posted:

I believe it was confirmed a while ago that the star isn't real and was just a placeholder until CIG could add a real one.

It doesn't really matter either way cause you can't jump to it whether it's real or not

There are enough bugs that let you get to the sun that people have already discovered that it is just a billboard.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Sarsapariller posted:

I'll have you know that I've been shopping all over for a tool that will plunge my frame rates into the ground while clipping my players through every available surface including themselves. Chris Roberts is the answer to my stupid, stupid prayers! Goat Simulator 2.0 will be the best ironically terrible game ever made.

Remember when other games were hot on the heels of picking on or competing with Star Citizen? Like that one call of duty game that came out and was released like 3 years ago. Or that elite dangerous game that was totally neck and neck with Star Citizen like 6 years ago until it was released to massive success. And goat simulator where you were the goat controlling the space ship controlling the scam amount and it came out and has since been forgotten.

Some day Star Citizen will also be released and will really show those old, forgotten classics who won the war. Some day.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Popete posted:

My prediction for prison game play is Citizens will love it the first time they have to work their way to freedom and then it'll become a huge time sink slog that further discourages anyone from ever doing anything illegal in game. Imagine having to spend an hour mining in a cave to get out of prison because you tried to PvP fight in a space ship game.

My new character is actually a warden at one of these prisons. She is a cold, hard bitch with stilettos and a penchant for accepting bribe money for freedom. Her weapon of choice is a leather riding crop and a credit card swiper.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Quavers posted:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/4/thread/ptu-feedback-long-term-persistence

:trustme: [PTU Feedback] Long Term Persistence

Greetings,

We have added an early version of long term persistence to allow player purchases and UEC balance to persist between database wipes. We will persist the following:
FPS item purchases
Ship component purchases
Ship purchases
UEC balance
Items, components, or weapons equipped to your ship or character will be returned to inventory after a database wipe. Recopy and manual reset will bypass long term persistence, so for now avoid using recopy or reset. For this version, ship states, reputation, purchased commodity cargo, and ship rentals will not persist between wipes.

For testing, please play as normal, earn UEC, purchase items, and equip items. Keep a record of your inventory and UEC, we will be wiping the database tomorrow morning (central time US) and afterward verify your inventory and UEC persisted as expected. If you encounter any issues please create an issue council report and link the issue below for investigation. If you have any feedback on this initial implementation, please voice that below as well.

-Baior

All those people with the hacks to make millions in seconds due to game crippled bugs are rubbing their hands together.

Hope buying that ship was worth it because these guys will have enough money to buy 10 of them in 5 minutes and have enough to also just give them to people on the server for free.

And now they can keep them forever too! :)

Boy I sure am glad you are a Legionnaire Wing Commander Legatus whale!

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
Nah they will still be doing periodic wipes "when needed" just not every patch iteration

I'm assuming they will do wipes before sales now

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
And you still cant trade ships or money or well anything so I guess you can spawn a ship and let someone fly it but the second you logout it's gone

valiantlife
Dec 6, 2018

Blue On Blue posted:

T I E R 0
I
E
R

valiantlife
Dec 6, 2018
The Great Planning is almost upon us this week, where CIG will display their efforts of over a month of organizing the roadmap for 4.0 and beyond.

Anyone want to take a stab at what they will have in-store for us?

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

valiantlife posted:

The Great Planning is almost upon us this week, where CIG will display their efforts of over a month of organizing the roadmap for 4.0 and beyond.

Anyone want to take a stab at what they will have in-store for us?

4.0 roadmap update pushed to 4.1 roadmap update.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

TheAgent posted:

And you still cant trade ships or money or well anything so I guess you can spawn a ship and let someone fly it but the second you logout it's gone

It'll be in one day. Baby steps.

Can't get everything all at once now. Got to ease it out over a decade or two.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Beet Wagon posted:

Just like the rest of the game.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
Watching herself win the 2017 Purina Pro Challenge

https://i.imgur.com/wDsjckW.gifv

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

mjotto posted:

I'm gonna fix that hole that's what I'm gonna do,
I'm gonna fix that hole

UB40. Nice one.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

The Titanic posted:

It'll be in one day. Baby steps.

Can't get everything all at once now. Got to ease it out over a decade or two.

This happens to me if i eat a lot of cheese.

Fake edit: caught flu in San Francisco, so i want to die, but it’s still better than star citizen.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Thoatse posted:

Watching herself win the 2017 Purina Pro Challenge

https://i.imgur.com/wDsjckW.gifv

:kimchi:

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

TheAgent posted:

You can technically trade money in-game, although it takes a modicum of effort to do it. You fly just outside of the range of Port Olisar and create a mission to have someone fly you to Port Olisar for like a million aUEC. Then the dude who accepts your mission just pops over to you and transports you the 5 seconds it takes to get there and he gets your million aUEC.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Hey speaking of persistence:

PTU Feedback

Some knob posted:

Greetings,

FPS item purchases
Ship component purchases
Ship purchases
UEC balance
Items, components, or weapons equipped to your ship or character will be returned to inventory after a database wipe. Player manual reset should not impact long term persistence stored data. Recopy will bypass long term persistence, so for now avoid using recopy to reset data. For this version, ship states, reputation, purchased commodity cargo, and ship rentals will not persist between wipes.

-Baior

Additional Note about manual reset tool:

Baior Of Red@Baior-CIG

I got some more information on that and have updated the original plan. For now, do not use manual reset as it turns out its a total wipe, including LTP dat.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

I like that they forgot to claim that this is some kind of new feature, or that it's never been done before, or that it was locked behind a bunch of bullshit that they only just know finished.

Literally just: "Uh yeah I guess we'll stop throwing away literally all of your progress every couple months. It takes no effort to stop."

Thanks for all your money perma-buying those ships!

Oh well this is good for Star Citizen, time to crack out the cash dupe exploits

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Also they can't be bothered to keep a backup of the user database and just check to see if those things have been preserved after the patch.

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Star Citizen: for testing, please [...] purchase items

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Sarsapariller posted:

I like that they forgot to claim that this is some kind of new feature, or that it's never been done before, or that it was locked behind a bunch of bullshit that they only just know finished.

Literally just: "Uh yeah I guess we'll stop throwing away literally all of your progress every couple months. It takes no effort to stop."

quote:

We have added an early version of long term persistence to allow player purchases and UEC balance to persist between database wipes.

Selectively removing items from a database? What witchcraft is this? With most companies, if you want to delete one entry, the entire database gets wiped. That's why things like Geocities died overnight - one person deleted their account, and the rest was history. It was good while it lasted!

Must be some of the tech CIG will sell to other game developers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

valiantlife
Dec 6, 2018

Sarsapariller posted:

They would still commit it wipes, just less a year. If this would be the last wipe you could make an argument SC is now released.

Wiping often is probably better for them, saves them the hassle of dealing with wiping the whales 12 months of progress.

Honeslty I don't think its outside of CIG scope to keep persistence of players with concierge status.