Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prince Myshkin
Jun 17, 2018
The ideal scenario in the next day or so is that Patrick and Gabbard drop out on the same day, in that order, so you can pull the same maneuver.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CassandraZara
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Vox Nihili posted:

I made some good money on Yang Death and Rules Fuckery tonight. Got out of my "Yang doesn't win any primaries" position at 99c when he announced he was dropping out, then threw a bunch of that money at 15 cent No on Yang being the next candidate to drop out knowing that the alphabetical order tiebreaker would resolve the market to Bennet if he dropped out on the same night. Lo and behold, Bennet dropped out just a few minutes later, and I sold all of those 15 cent Yang No shares for 99c moments later.

An absolute legend

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Prince Myshkin posted:

The ideal scenario in the next day or so is that Patrick and Gabbard drop out on the same day, in that order, so you can pull the same maneuver.

Tulsi Gabbard will never log off.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

predictit has taught me two things about myself: I have no real insights, and I am a huge coward.

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008

Fitzy Fitz posted:

predictit has taught me two things about myself: I have no real insights, and I am a huge coward.

:same:

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Bought some yes on Warren dropping out before super tuesday. Solely basing this on Virgil Texas believe she will in the next week.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Going for a safer bet on this one Nevada Joe NO, averaging into a full $850

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

OK, what are the safe Nevada bets? I don't think Biden is going to win, but he's been up in all the polls so I don't feel totally comfortable with that one.

There's been so little polling in Nevada.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Fitzy Fitz posted:

OK, what are the safe Nevada bets? I don't think Biden is going to win, but he's been up in all the polls so I don't feel totally comfortable with that one.

There's been so little polling in Nevada.

Counterpoint:

https://twitter.com/AriRabinHavt/status/1227614504382599168

That Hispanic voter number :bernpop:

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Yeah I fully expect Bernie to sweep the hispanic vote, but I also feel like that's one of the most vulnerable groups to any sort of disenfranchisement.

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Stupid newbie question, how do withdrawals work? Do they cut you a check?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Wrex Ruckus posted:

Stupid newbie question, how do withdrawals work? Do they cut you a check?

You can do check or ACH if you plug in your routing/account numbers

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Prince Myshkin posted:

Rainbow Jeremy is an excellent tipster.

lol

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

How can he be a good tipster? Get this, he don’t. Even. Have. A telly. You can check his website.

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

sitting here hoping that Klob gets some good polls so that I can make a good swing on the 2 cents per I bought for her winning CA last night

FORUMS USER 1135
Jan 14, 2004

From the Succ thread:
Put some money into Warren dropping before Super Tuesday. Price is already up 10 cents.

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
Bloomberg is currently the highest to win Arkansas, a Super Tuesday state.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

FORUMS USER 1135 posted:

From the Succ thread:

Put some money into Warren dropping before Super Tuesday. Price is already up 10 cents.

Yeah I just threw $50 into this market it seems like a sure thing, if nothing else you can get out after NV/SC when she'll be up to like 80 cents

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

I think the January fundraising FEC report comes out this Saturday (the 15th) so that may give us more clarity on dropouts. If Warren’s January fundraising is bad enough her dropout market probably bumps a few points on that news alone

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

bawfuls posted:

I think the January fundraising FEC report comes out this Saturday (the 15th) so that may give us more clarity on dropouts. If Warren’s January fundraising is bad enough her dropout market probably bumps a few points on that news alone

:agreed:

Also:

https://twitter.com/DavidWright_7/status/1227677643237097474

TropicalCoke
Feb 14, 2012
pumpin warren dropping out. it hit 78 cents last night!!

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

put about $25 on Biden NOT dropping out before Super Tuesday

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

https://www.predictit.org/markets/detail/6408/Will-Elizabeth-Warren-drop-out-before-Super-Tuesday

*Anakin Skywalker voice*

It's surging!

IT'S SURGING!

https://twitter.com/SiddakAhuja/status/1227691392975220742

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Thanks for the tip on that. I'm already up a bit. Not sure if I should sell or ride it out

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

that tweet got me too, it’s fake news but still fun

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

bawfuls posted:

that tweet got me too, it’s fake news but still fun

the beauty of predictit is that it doesn't matter if you're just trying to pump the market!

:toot:

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Thanks for the tip on that. I'm already up a bit. Not sure if I should sell or ride it out

It's all fake but there will be a price spike on Saturday and after NV and SC so ride it out a bit.

FORUMS USER 1135
Jan 14, 2004

Fitzy Fitz posted:

You can always put in a sell order for only some of the shares at different prices. That way it can cover some or all of your entry price depending on what you bought in at.

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
deep south all flipped to bloomberg today, what the hell

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
I'm trying to swing trade warren to drop out before super tuesday, hope i dont get owned

also why is bernie to win the nom down $.03 or so?

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

ScrubLeague posted:

deep south all flipped to bloomberg today, what the hell

yeah what the gently caress? Maryland too

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984
New York is a penny away from flipping too.

I'm guessing people are getting scared of the money machine and his rising polls but this seems way too imbalanced this early in the game.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

he could just be buying them up himself to help build a narrative, how much would it cost to do that?

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

jisforjosh posted:

It's all fake but there will be a price spike on Saturday and after NV and SC so ride it out a bit.
nice

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Tunicate posted:

he could just be buying them up himself to help build a narrative, how much would it cost to do that?

a piddly amount compared to how much he's spending on tv ads

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Tunicate posted:

A pathetically small amount of money. I just looked at MS for example, and right now it would take $103 to buy every Bloomberg.YES offer up to 70c.

Prince Myshkin
Jun 17, 2018

Tunicate posted:

He's almost certainly doing that. Very unfair to the kindly billionaire Steyer, who seems like a nice fellow. (Please do not ask whether I'm holding Steyer shares to flip them on an upswing.)

Class Warcraft
Apr 27, 2006

Bloomberg probably made more money in interest in the time it's taking us to have this exchange than it'd cost to pump all those predictit markets. Not sure any candidate knows or cares about what people on predictit think its happening though.

Prince Myshkin
Jun 17, 2018
Reporters pay attention to it and write stories about it sometimes. Would be worth a trivially small sum to get a favorable note written in a major outlet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

I also wonder how much he could pump it before it became so obvious as to make the site no longer newsworthy