Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Toilet with confusing aura.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I am protected.

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

LifeSunDeath posted:

A friend's sister, in highschool, burned her hand bad. She reaches in the oven and grabs the pan, fully grabs it to take it out, with a bare hand. So we ask wtf were you thinking? She said "well I thought it would be fine, it was only 350 degrees." Science classes are pretty drat weak in this part of the world (Texas).

10 more degrees and it would be a circle!

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Toxic gas is the hottest trend this season!

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Original uncut audio from the vid:

https://i.imgur.com/fWBBF7W.mp4

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

This is exactly what I needed tonight haha

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

Quoting from the coronavirus thread- I've never heard of radioactive MREs before:

That's because its fake you pillock

vudan
Dec 11, 2010

At one stage, things got really bad for Harry Potter.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3U7Zq9Fv9pA

An Uber driver in Richmond got rear-ended and the other driver drove off. He responded by chasing the driver (getting into another crash) with his passengers in the back.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
https://i.imgur.com/keDngSj.mp4

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Hey you get down the fiddle and you get down the bow
Kick off your shoes and throw 'em on the floor,
Dance in the kitchen till morning light,
Louisiana Saturday night

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

You gonna just dribble all day, or are you gonna shoot?

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Seems to be working fine, lane control is good :colbert:

grillster
Dec 25, 2004

:chaostrump:

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

:golfclap: well done

Shroomie
Jul 31, 2008

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

The worst burn I ever got in the kitchen was from a dollop of melted hard candy landing on the back of my thumb.

And then adhering to my skin.

It's a small scar, but it's pretty gnarly looking.

When I was a kid my mom would let me melt candles in the microwave and play with the wax, and one time I burned the holy hell out of my hand so she took me to ride go karts to make me feel better.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

Customer notice: vibrations at highway speeds
Suggested wheels rebalance
---
---
---
Customer notice: car in a ditch, engine on the highway
Suggested selling the remains to the wreckers
possible fault lack of driving experience

Erulisse fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Feb 13, 2020

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
I've been following these threads since 2016 and feel like I ought to post in it more considering I see multiple violations on a daily basis. I never really know where to begin though. Like if I tried to explain just what's happened this week, I'd have to go on forever.

I work in aviation fueling. My company operates under the truest form of anarchy. There is no training or policy for supervisors or managers*, they all run operations according to whatever they think is best. Just whatever. Every operation is completely different. We have a particular account - our fueling operation for an airline that is not among the top 3 domestic airlines - that is notorious for equipment abuse and lovely management. The amount of documented abuse of fueling equipment is over 2 orders of magnitude above any other operation, meaning over 100x more breakdowns than any other operation. Those are just the documented cases of more costly damages, the standards for which are favorably different for the most inept operations. And still no one does anything about the regular, daily, unreported damage to equipment. Before the big merger we fired people for not reporting damage, something we looked into very seriously. Now it's never looked into. At all. Like last month a dude downed a $1.3M tanker and it's going to be out for a long time because of the joint sections that were damaged and can no longer be replaced by factory parts without lots of extra work. The tanker was inspected by a tech immediately before being used by a certain operator. The next operator reported he couldn't move the tanker. The failsafes had prevented the airbrakes from being disengaged and the tanker was found to be leaking badly. We have 2 techs that saw the tanker immediately before and after use by a single operator. One tech reported no leaks at all. The other tech reported standing in a puddle of jet fuel spilling from the tanker. The operator was never questioned after a duty manager covered for him. The duty manager wasn't qualified to operate the tanker and his ID isn't on any of the tickets.

I believe I was trying to indulge about one of the incidents that happened this week before going on a very long tangent there. I was so annoyed with something that I actually reported it to our company safety manager, someone who I haven't reported anything to in a very long time - for reasons I'd have to go into separately and at length. Our very special Abuse Operation reported a hose was leaking and they needed maintenance immediately. I ignored the call because I was very far way and also busy polishing up equipment for people who are actually worse in terms of egregious safety violations (another thing I'd have to get into later) but at least they don't break stuff constantly! :emo: As for the people who do like to break things, Abuse Operation sent 10 minutes of increasingly desperate messages about a hose leaking, how they are running out of spill kits, need maintenance ASAP. I head over wondering what could possibly be so wrong that they couldn't just close an isolation valve and clean the spill up.

They had yanked a fitting on a small line partially out, and it was leaking significantly (note: they use that line as a handle so they can grab the pit coupler with one hand and the hose with the other. When I installed handles on the hoses so they wouldn't stress those lines they complained that it made the hose heavier. Every other operation likes those handles. Jesus.) Rather than stop fueling to get a different truck that isn't leaking, they had continued fueling while blowing up maintenance about a burst hose when there was no burst hose. A total lie. If I was already pissed, they left with all the spilled mess for me to deal with after I fixed the truck. I got a 2nd call for the same unit when the guy yanked the other line off in the same fashion. I honestly think he broke the other line because he wanted me to put crimp clamps on both lines and I told him I'm not swapping a $35 fitting for no reason. When he didn't get my Full Professional Service he took action I guess. I only use those crimp clamps for the idiots that abuse equipment. I don't use them anywhere else and it has never been a problem anywhere else. Anywhere else has handles, useful for lifting things in an ergonomic manner without yanking on lines.

And that was the least of 4 major incidents so far this week. A week that is not yet over. But on a personal level it's my #1 because for fucks sake, those assholes. Other incidents include:
-Hot pits and 3 frightening things happening as a result of them. Just in this week.
-Continuing to use unsafe equipment, knowingly (unsafe in ways more dangerous than just leaking)
-Creative ladder substitutes while ignoring a ladder
-Cannot disclose but the ladder thing was pretty funny even if not so serious

*Not a failure of implementation. Policy for managing and supervising just... does not exist.

Toys For Ass Bum
Feb 1, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMGBvcGBZL8

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

GrandMaster
Aug 15, 2004
laidback
Eyechat related from a few pages back, but not exactly OSHA.. I suppose people are here for gore though.

I had surgery for strabismus (aka wonky eye) a few years back. The fix involves cutting open the eyeball, detaching the muscles and reattaching them in a different spot so the eye points straight. When you're under general anaesthetic, they can only get the alignment kinda close, so they stitch it in a way that can be adjusted.. So when I woke up, they gave me some numbing eyedrops, told me to look at a small LED in the distance and tugged on the stitches until they had it all lined up properly, it was wild as I could feel my eye moving when they were pulling!

Recovery loving sucked, and I looked like a walking dead zombie for about a week until the eye redness subsided. Anyways, that's my story haha.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Seems like a fun ride for the passenger. :shlick:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Uthor posted:

Seems like a fun ride for the passenger. :shlick:

They don't call it "tramping" for nothing!

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

Solice Kirsk posted:

They don't call it "tramping" for nothing!

Tramping means to walk.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
im a page late but just lol if you have never burned your hands because you forgot gloves for the oven

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcPIMOzK9G8

insta
Jan 28, 2009
Sanctum, please wait for the next presidental administration when hopefully whistleblowing is legal again and report the poo poo out of everything.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Should have made the pipe clear.

For shits and giggles.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Reminds me of my friends moms workplace where we would race down to the pond after flushing to watch stuff fly into the cesspool

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Nocheez posted:

Tramping means to walk.

Oh word?

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

moist turtleneck posted:

Reminds me of my friends moms workplace where we would race down to the pond after flushing to watch stuff fly into the cesspool

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Doesn’t look like the Pooh made it into the water in that one.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

Sanctum posted:

I was so annoyed with something that I actually reported it to our company safety manager, someone who I haven't reported anything to in a very long time - for reasons I'd have to go into separately and at length

This is a feeling I know.

Our safety supervisor is the sort of guy who actively ignores PPE, has defended safety violations(minimum safe distances on forklifts lifting heavy loads 5+ meters in the air, loads often consisting of multiple smaller packages that could acquire incredible air time if they fell/forklift toppled) by arguing that "it'd take too long to do things right," ignores a guy driving a forklift without a license for 2+ years now("they're looking into it!" he told me, two years ago) as well as multiple smaller violations that are slowly but surely grinding employees' bodies down(also insists that wearing PPE is up to the individual and not really something they can enforce. gently caress him they can, threaten them with a firing or a written warning if they don't wear their PPE. Also kind of doesn't care much about actually reporting injuries in a timely manner or "minor" things like people getting electrical shocks from improperly grounded equipment), so I was incredibly surprised when he actually took a safety complaint seriously the other day.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Mr PPE says your safety rep is a piece of poo poo and you should report his rear end before he gets you killed.

Agrinja
Nov 30, 2013

Praise the Sun!

Total Clam
https://twitter.com/Sotherans/status/1223193563867045888?s=20

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

I was at a jobsite a couple years ago installing some equipment when I noticed (as I'm standing on a ~50' tall access platform) that there is a WESP just adjacent/below me and the fluid tank beneath it is overflowing with hot/caustic liquid/foam. Me and the customer's project manager are just kind of standing mouths agape as this stuff just boils over out the top hatch and down the sides of the tank (which itself was about 15' tall and 20' square). I'm telling her she needs to radio in her maintenance crew to do something, and sure enough after about 3 minutes some poor sap saunters over to the tank, starts climbing up the access ladder on the side (seemingly oblivious to the regularly overflowing surge of burning foam spewing out over the side) and once atop grabs a 5gal bucket, scoopes it full of sodium bicarbinate or something similar and just dumps it down into the open hatch at the top (in between surges of foam). The whole thing was ridiculously dangerous and I surmised this must happen a lot because he knew exactly how much time he had to make it up between surges and quench the tank with reagent before he got flushed over with burning foam.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Doesn’t look like the Pooh made it into the water in that one.

But they are playing with Pooh Sticks.

lordofthefishes
Mar 30, 2008

01000111 01010010 01000101 01000101 01010100 01001001 01001110 01000111 01010011 00100000 01000110 01000101 01001100 01001100 01001111 01010111 00100000 01000011 01000001 01001110 01000001 01000100 01001001 01000001 01001110 01010011

Fabulousity posted:

Steam will burn ya once, condense on what's left of your flesh as water at 211 degrees and keep on burning. Now that's dedication, gentlemen.

So get your stumpy twice-baked potato rear end up that rickety ladder and write in "Steam" as employee of the month before I fire you.

Cave Johnson alt account found.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
nothing OSHA about this, but it's so cute
https://i.imgur.com/rOT3QTt.mp4

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice

lordofthefishes posted:

Cave Johnson alt account found.

I was thinking along the lines of J.D. Boruff, of the Bear Cave Soup Company