Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I think we all figured it was the mother.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Xelkelvos posted:

I think we all figured it was the mother.

Yeah, that I saw coming.

Still, hey, Beth Riesgraf!

Also, "We're Final Girls!" To think there was a time Ava didn't fit in.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Changing time is bad good bad good!

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

That was a fantastic Nora episode and I am furious we’re losing her and Ray

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Xelkelvos posted:

Edit: It's also nice to see Ava's dorky hobby come up. In a better funded series, they'd make a fake podcast ep for this.

I loved her walking down the hall recording an intro. It sounds just like all of the countless true crimes out there.

Trevor Hale posted:

That was a fantastic Nora episode and I am furious we’re losing her and Ray

:same:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Who do we scream at to give us back Ray and Nora?

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Maxwell Lord posted:

Yeah, that I saw coming.

Still, hey, Beth Riesgraf!

Also, "We're Final Girls!" To think there was a time Ava didn't fit in.

Ah man now I need to go rewatch Leverage I miss Parker

Man where is my Leverage Legends crossover

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
So apparently with fairy godmothers, they're like genies with the 3 wish rule now?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Vietnamwees posted:

So apparently with fairy godmothers, they're like genies with the 3 wish rule now?

Nah, it's when their charge feels satisfied and doesn't need them any more.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Fairy Godparents work on Fairly Oddparents rules, which is very appropriate considering who played the evil Fairy Godmother.

So many slasher references in this, holy poo poo. The telekinetic locker crush was brutal, too, and it was about that point that I started thinking they were definitely going to undo the damage at some point.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

TwoPair posted:

I loved her walking down the hall recording an intro. It sounds just like all of the countless true crimes out there.

"Gideon, order one of these mattresses"

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Ray and Nate as the worst high school teachers ever. I'd watch the poo poo out of that.

Edit: That was the best episode of anything ever.

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Feb 12, 2020

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Tiggum posted:

”Gideon, order one of these mattresses"

Don’t forget the promo code LACERATION.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Phylodox posted:

Don’t forget the promo code LACERATION.

I love how we got a full season arc of Mick coming out of his shell and being comfortable with being a romance author. And then Ava just casually hosts a serial killer podcast and nobody bats an eye.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
I was kind of hoping Mick would have said something like "I'm not Mick, err, no, not Mick... I'm Rebecca!" before running away from his crush.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Xelkelvos posted:

So how many slasher flick references have there been so far?

I know the name is a mix of Freddy Kreuger and Michael Meyers. The mother is another one, I think.

Edit: It's also nice to see Ava's dorky hobby come up. In a better funded series, they'd make a fake podcast ep for this.

Edit2: So Ray and Nate think this is a Carrie situation

I just watched the episode and caught references to five movies: Prom Night, Carrie, Halloween, A Nightmare on Elm Street, and Friday the 13th. There might have been more that I missed.

This episode made me realize I need to watch the Prom Night series.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
The locker kill is a reference to Hello Mary Lou: Prom Night 2

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

nine-gear crow posted:

I love how we got a full season arc of Mick coming out of his shell and being comfortable with being a romance author. And then Ava just casually hosts a serial killer podcast and nobody bats an eye.

It has been referenced a couple times at least.

And more Mick is always amazing, his shocked "Why are we at my old high school" was hilarious.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
You will never convince me this show doesn’t happen by them having cameras rolling 24/7 on the sets and checking the footage after a week or two

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
I love all the times they treat Gideon like she's Alexa and she either doesn't do what they command her to or just say "I wasn't going to do that."

Gideon is a valuable team member, not a robot-butler! :mad:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
That is one of my favorite episodes of the series. It had a lot of good time travel stuff, a good mystery, almost everyone got to do something. I guess Charlie and Constantine got to do something too.

Head Canon Time The DJ in 1989 was Joe West.

Hell ya Mick got some action!

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

King of Solomon posted:

I just watched the episode and caught references to five movies: Prom Night, Carrie, Halloween, A Nightmare on Elm Street, and Friday the 13th. There might have been more that I missed.

This episode made me realize I need to watch the Prom Night series.

Shocker

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

NO MORE MISTER NICE GUY! :rock:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Not gonna lie, I had the biggest goofy grin on my face during the photo booth

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Medullah posted:

I saw on Tala Ashe's insta some shots and I thought that was just the cast goofing off but nope, it was in the show. Which is great.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Medullah posted:

I have to wonder how much of that was scripted and how much was just them loving around on camera.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Chokes McGee posted:

You will never convince me this show doesn’t happen by them having cameras rolling 24/7 on the sets and checking the footage after a week or two

The last few seasons have felt like when I was in theater in high school and we were exploring the backstage closets. "Okay, we have Roman armor and some beach props, what can we do with this?" "I found some Puritan hats and a Cinderella dress!"

Bruceski fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Feb 13, 2020

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

One of my favorite bits from this week's episode was definitely the scene where Ray and Nora are about to walk into the school arm in arm and then Ray also links arms with Nate. Because of course he did, they're Time Bros.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Bruceski posted:

The last few seasons have felt like when I was in theater in high school and we were exploring the backstage closets. "Okay, we have Roman armor and some beach props, what can we do with this?" "I found some Puritan hats and a Cinderella dress!"

I've had a similar notion. This kind of feels like the show I would make back in high school if you put me in charge of a television production.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I love this show so much.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
I'm still convinced they do this like DC did comics in the 60s, they have someone draw up a goofy cover and have to write a story incorporating it.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
I'm such a sucker for the thing Journeyman used to do all the time where they help someone in the past then show up again years later and the person is like "omg it's you, you changed my life that day and wow you look exactly the same"

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013
I'd be shocked if we don't get a teenage kid for Mick out of this episode.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Mick deserves to be happy.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
I'm not sure I understand how Nate went from shaking his head at not having heard of Stabcast to being 22 minutes into episode 7 of Stabcast within the span of like 10 seconds, but Nate, you're a very good friend for immediately adding it to your favorites list.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Argue posted:

I'm not sure I understand how Nate went from shaking his head at not having heard of Stabcast to being 22 minutes into episode 7 of Stabcast within the span of like 10 seconds, but Nate, you're a very good friend for immediately adding it to your favorites list.

TIME TRAVEL/SPEEDFORCE

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Bruceski posted:

Basically old-school Star Trek, where they’d sneak in and film episodes on other shows’ sets while they weren’t looking.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rhyno posted:

Mick deserves to be happy.

In my heart Mick is the one true Rebecca all the other Rebeccas are just imitating.

Also I'm so glad that ava sharpe and sara lance are like a thing with no relationship drama anymore that makes me so happy.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm watching the Bollywood musical and I forgot that Mona shows up and ruins it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mythicknight
Jan 28, 2009

my thick night

Argue posted:

steelforce