Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which Nintendo character would you like to see in the next Soul Calibur game?
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 99 8.48%
Other 53 4.54%
jenna got milked 1015 86.98%
Total: 1167 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i did end up seeing detective pikachu because my friend who's into that sort of thing invited me along. it was nowhere near as bad as i feared (had dread visions of 5 year olds doing sing a long songs) but felt like ryan reynolds cashing in on his deadpool popularity more than anything else

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I just noticed the poll has been edited and lmao.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Detective Pikachu was a good pikachu movie but bad detective movie

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

cheetah7071 posted:

Detective Pikachu was a good pikachu movie but bad detective movie

Realtalk I was surprised by the twist which is always good for a mystery movie imo

Edit: about what happened to the dad, obviously the true villain was pretty telegraphed

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

if those mountains each were pokemon could you just throw a pokeball at them to capture them

could you then win pokemon battles by dropping an entire mountain on your opponent

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Michael Bay you've gone too far this time with your milk nonsense.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Is Detective Pikachu a cop detective or a dick detective

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Looper posted:

mario movie where mario talks but isn't voiced by charles martinet

Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels (2022, dir. David Gordon Green). Starring Danny DeVito as Mario, John Turturro as Luigi, and M. Emmet Walsh as Bowser.

The Mario Bros. contemplate their advancing age, their decreasing relevance to the Mushroom Kingdom, and the nature of their often-antagonistic relationship with Bowser.

"An enigmatic, unflinching rumination on loss and regret." - Peter Travers, Rolling Stone

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Weedle posted:

Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels (2022, dir. David Gordon Green). Starring Danny DeVito as Mario, John Turturro as Luigi, and M. Emmet Walsh as Bowser.

The Mario Bros. contemplate their advancing age, their decreasing relevance to the Mushroom Kingdom, and the nature of their often-antagonistic relationship with Bowser.

"An enigmatic, often-touching rumination on loss and regret." - Peter Travers, Rolling Stone

You joke, but one of the early treatments for the original movie was basically Rain Man with the Mario Bros.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The Doom movie is entertainingly trashy and has The Rock fight Karl Urban at one point

The Resident Evil movies are probably the best female-lead action franchise (which is at the same time really sad)

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

haveblue posted:

The Doom movie is entertainingly trashy and has The Rock fight Karl Urban at one point

The Resident Evil movies are probably the best female-lead action franchise (which is at the same time really sad)

Do the Alien films not count here?

Weedle
May 31, 2006

I said come in! posted:

Or Kill Bill? Or the Hunger Games?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

I said come in! posted:

Good point, I didn't thought of those (probably because of the recent ones).

Weedle posted:

Or Kill Bill? Or the Hunger Games?

Kill Bill is one movie with two releases that's probably never going to be expanded upon so I wouldn't call it a "franchise". Hunger Games was OK I guess.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

haveblue posted:

Good point, I didn't thought of those (probably because of the recent ones).

To be fair, there is a good argument to be made that those do not necessarily fall under the action category. Although I suppose horror/thriller is a sub-genre of action films, but Aliens is a straight up action movie, so it's tough. Prometheus, and Alien Convenant are action movies too, but without Ellen Ripley it is just isn't the same.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

haveblue posted:

Kill Bill is one movie with two releases that's probably never going to be expanded upon so I wouldn't call it a "franchise". Hunger Games was OK I guess.

Tbf he's been talking about making a sequel for like 15 years.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Looper posted:

i won't post any spoilers

thank you friend

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

stev posted:

Tbf he's been talking about making a sequel for like 15 years.

I'm pretty sure at this point it's gone the way of a Vega Brothers movie aka not happening, unless Thurman has an action movie in her. I guess they could do her daughter

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Death's Gambit is on game pass is this another 2d soulslike

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

RBA Starblade posted:

Death's Gambit is on game pass is this another 2d soulslike

It's even more like Dark Souls than its closest counterparts because it's only half-finished.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

exquisite tea posted:

It's even more like Dark Souls than its closest counterparts because it's only half-finished.

:eyepop:

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Dark souls is at least 3/4 finished

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

sharrrk posted:

thank you friend

I will though, Sonic goes fast and eats chilidogs

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Daemon X Machina is playable on Steam now.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

I said come in! posted:

Daemon X Machina is playable on Steam now.

how is it?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The demo was ok on Switch but everything that wasn't the gameplay itself was terrible

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I hear it's playable

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i'm still waiting on the goddamn monster hunter movie

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Kerrzhe posted:

i'm still waiting on the goddamn monster hunter movie

It's going to be 90 minutes of cats cooking

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

It's anime as gently caress, and as close to a new Armored Core that we are going to get for a very long time. So it's a good game!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Andrast posted:

I'd watch a 90 minute Iron Chef with cooking cats way sooner than whatever that movie will end up being instead

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Andrast posted:

this would probably be the best possible outcome

2nd best would just be 90 minutes of monsters fighting each other, doing cool poo poo and wrecking everything, with also a scene of cats cooking

worst scenario would be 90 minutes of boring human characters reading boring script at each other, no cats and maybe 10 minutes of actual monsters on screen.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

didn't the promo material for the monster hunter movie have a bunch of soldiers in army fatigues armed with m16s riding a jeep

signs point to not so good

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Cowcaster posted:

didn't the promo material for the monster hunter movie have a bunch of soldiers in army fatigues armed with m16s riding a jeep

nah i'm pretty sure it was just cats cooking

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Cowcaster posted:

The dragon that poops bombs and looks like a b-52 bomber poopbombing a bunch of jeeps would be funny at least

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Cowcaster posted:

The plot of the movie is about how some future soldiers fall through a wormhole and get transported into Monster Hunter's world and then they band together to defeat whatever the villain is.

So think Land of the Lost meets Starship Troopers.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Monster Hunter Survive

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

The hell is this?!

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1227974025462157317

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

FanaticalMilk posted:

The plot of the movie is about how some future soldiers fall through a wormhole and get transported into Monster Hunter's world and then they band together to defeat whatever the villain is.

So think Land of the Lost meets Starship Troopers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

this thing better be voiced by will ferrell