Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Things I want = just business. Things you want = politics :derp:

E: Any tried ScourgeBringer? It looks very much my jam, but some of the Steam reviews have said that the controls aren’t as tight as they’d need to be?

Stickman fucked around with this message at 11:09 on Feb 13, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
I was tempted to try The Division 2 for $3, but for whatever reason Ubisoft price it at 100SEK, which is about $10.40, here. I mean, it's still cheap, but it sucks it's over 3 times more expensive and that puts it outside the "eh, why not?" range.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Det_no posted:

You guys sure you need to use Big Picture? You can just go to the settings > controllers to activate any controller support and then right click on a game > manage > controller configuration to change any buttons.

There are some times where you need to go into big picture mode to change controller settings, and it's so stupid. The "prey not cooperating with controllers" issue is one example, you have to go into BPM to force whatever dipshittery the steam client is doing to "off". Why that option hasn't been migrated to the view that people actually use is beyond me. It's not something I would think to check while troubleshooting a problem, because I often forget Big Picture mode even exists.

Darkrenown posted:

I was tempted to try The Division 2 for $3, but for whatever reason Ubisoft price it at 100SEK, which is about $10.40, here. I mean, it's still cheap, but it sucks it's over 3 times more expensive and that puts it outside the "eh, why not?" range.

It's a really fun game that was worth the 60 dollars at release, and has the first year's expansion's bundled in. If you buy it and don't think you got your money's worth, PM me and I'll get you a 10 dollar USD game on Steam.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
I remember Agents of Mayhem absolutely not working with any controller for me until I disabled all Steam-specific controller "enhancements" and profiles in BPM, it was really weird.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

orcane posted:

I remember Agents of Mayhem absolutely not working with any controller for me until I disabled all Steam-specific controller "enhancements" and profiles in BPM, it was really weird.

To be fair, Agents of Mayhem was a really weird creation overall.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Quill posted:

To be fair, Agents of Mayhem was a really weird creation overall.

I enjoyed it way, way more than I expected to. I really loved the mobility-heavy combat and the way each of the agents played. I also got some pretty heavy Evil Genius vibes from the art style and writing, so that was nice.

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003

Ugly In The Morning posted:

There are some times where you need to go into big picture mode to change controller settings, and it's so stupid. The "prey not cooperating with controllers" issue is one example, you have to go into BPM to force whatever dipshittery the steam client is doing to "off". Why that option hasn't been migrated to the view that people actually use is beyond me. It's not something I would think to check while troubleshooting a problem, because I often forget Big Picture mode even exists.

You can right click a game in the library, go to properties and select Forced off in "Steam input per-game" setting.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

I enjoyed it way, way more than I expected to. I really loved the mobility-heavy combat and the way each of the agents played. I also got some pretty heavy Evil Genius vibes from the art style and writing, so that was nice.
It's too bad there's way too much padding in that game, it could have been a lot better without the ability/upgrade "grinds" in the same copy-pasta / proc-gen lairs. And the city looked fairly nice but was 100% pointless, that game didn't have to be open world at all. I still finished it but overall it was a huge disappointment and I hope Volition gets to do something better as their next game.

Also no co-op in AoM is just :psyduck:

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Det_no posted:

You can right click a game in the library, go to properties and select Forced off in "Steam input per-game" setting.

Is that new? When I last set up Prey I couldn’t find it anywhere without googling it and being told explicitly to go into big picture mode.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

It's a really fun game that was worth the 60 dollars at release, and has the first year's expansion's bundled in. If you buy it and don't think you got your money's worth, PM me and I'll get you a 10 dollar USD game on Steam.

Do I still get the Y1 DLC (whatever they where) if I didn't buy them previously, but buy whatever the Y2 expansion is?

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Ciaphas posted:

Do I still get the Y1 DLC (whatever they where) if I didn't buy them previously, but buy whatever the Y2 expansion is?

Everyone gets the Y1 DLC, buying the pass just got you the missions a week early and means you didn’t have to grind to unlock the new specializations.

Iverron
May 13, 2012

kirbysuperstar posted:

I don't suppose Wolcen has any sort of gamepad support?

e: bought it anyway, these gift cards are gonna rot otherwise :v:

Devs have said it’s coming.

Still irritated that PoE has a console release and refuses to put that game pad support into the PC build.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Stickman posted:

Things I want = just business. Things you want = politics :derp:

E: Any tried ScourgeBringer? It looks very much my jam, but some of the Steam reviews have said that the controls aren’t as tight as they’d need to be?

It's ok but really boring. I got through to the first boss effortlessly, died because I didn't feel like I had enough control to evade between the projectiles on screen, and didn't feel like blasting through the barely-dangerous enemies to get back to it.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
Hey, anyone know if I can use my existing character for the upcoming Fallout 76 DLC? I reinstalled it recently and I know I'm only going to last a few days before being disappointed and so I wonder if I should just wait since I'll have to start over anyway.

Manac0r
Oct 25, 2010

"Of all the things I have lost I miss my mind the most..."
Devs are recommending to uninstall EA Wolcen and download clean install on release of v1.0.

The update is apparently the same size as a clean install and this will prevent any conflict.

Happy ARP'ing!

OutOfPrint
Apr 9, 2009

Fun Shoe
ScourgeBringer is a lot of fun, although the controls do feel a little weird at first. It reminds me of a flashier version of Riptale, which is also a fun, quick action RL with an awesome, NES era Capcom sounding soundtrack.

ScourgeBringer is up on XGP, so if you have that, absolutely give it a shot.

I've been keeping an eye on Wolcen for years, but there's nothing about how the dev process and release went that makes me feel confident about it. It's on my "wait for reviews and a good sale" list.

I've been playing Chronicon again after recommending it here reminded me of it, and I forgot how fun it is. The combo system for killing enemies quickly adds a nice little adrenaline boost, giving a money and XP bonus, bonus mastery points to build passive skills out, and culminating in explosions of increasing size every 50 kills. My poison mage is throwing around curses that take up about a third of the screen and melted a boss last night in about 4 seconds, so I think I need to up the difficulty next time I play it. I definitely recommend it.

OutOfPrint fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Feb 13, 2020

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

In between all this platforming I've been doing, I've been playing a ton of Cook, Serve, Delicious 3. Honestly I didn't play CSD1 or 2 all that much but I have more time in 3 than both of them combined now. I keep discovering really clever things about how it's designed, like how there are different versions of foods for any difficulty level. Like salads, there's a 0-point one that's always the same five ingredients, a 2-point one that can be a mix of seven different ingredients, and a 4-point one where you have to cook and prepare chicken to add before even starting on the three pages of salad ingredients. Or burgers, where you can do the 2-point ballpark burger with one page of ingredients, or the 4-point deluxe with three pages to keep track of. There's a ton of flexibility even when you need a 7 or 10-point menu, and on top of that you can lower the menu point requirements by taking on extra prep stations for orders.

But yeah, platforming. There are Touhou platformers now!

:intv: Platformebruary 2020: Ultimate Collector's Edition :intv:

1. Blasphemous
2. Duck Souls
3. Dune Sea
4. A Robot Named Fight
5. Sonic Mania
6. Izeriya
7. MagiCat
8. Runner3
9. Harold
10. Spirits Abyss
11. A Short Hike
12. Super Time Force Ultra

13. Touhou Luna Nights

It’s been ages since I last played a proper Touhou game, but the insane bullet hell action has stuck with me all these years. All that dodging and weaving and grazing prepared me well for other future bullet hells, but I never expected it to prepare me for a metroidvania. Whatever Touhou Luna Nights is to the rest of the franchise, it’s as perfect a translation of the gameplay into platforming as I can imagine, bringing with it some wickedly clever new mechanics that other games would do well to borrow. It really deserves to be bigger than what it is, but with action this good, I’ll take whatever I can get.

Sakuya Izayoi is a maid, servant to a vampire named Remilia Scarlet. On this particular day, she finds herself in a place very similar to her home of Gensokyo, but now filled with strange and aggressive spirits. Worse than that, though, is how her powers of time control seem to be failing her. After a kindly kappa helps her recover her temporal abilities, Sakuya sets off to find her mistress and uncover the true nature of this parallel world. Along the way she’ll meet several familiar faces, and expand her potent powers to make herself more than a match for anyone that stands in her way.

I can’t speak to the greater Touhou lore or the depth of these characters, and while there’s a fair bit of dialog at points it tends to be simple and roughly translated enough to not make much difference. The focus here is absolutely on the action, which is a wise move because it absolutely steals the show. Sakuya fights with an absolute embarrassment of magically-conjured throwing knives, peppering foes and covering walls with blades. They do drain her MP to use and she can run out, but MP and HP can be recovered by grazing enemies and their shots. Indeed, you are encouraged and even required to stray close to danger, especially when enemies get fast and the bullets get thick.

What really makes this work are Sakuya’s two time powers. Holding the attack button down charges up a time-slowing effect, making it far easier to graze hazards without harming yourself. There’s another button that does a full time stop, allowing you to evade impending doom or fill an enemy’s face with a cloud of knives for them to eat when time catches up. The incredible control this grants you over battles can lead to incredible clutch plays, like freezing bullets in midair to vault behind an enemy, or slowing down a hail of shots just enough to slide under them. Naturally, these time powers also feature heavily into exploration and mobility, with a mid-game power even allowing you to jump off of time-frozen knives. The map is filled with puzzles and challenges that interact with your time control in devilishly clever ways, starting with doors and switches, leading into the peculiar behavior of time-frozen water, and ending with traps that behave differently when time is slowed or stopped.

The real culmination of all these tight systems are the boss fights, which are some of the most thrilling challenges in any metroidvania. True to Touhou roots, each boss is a young woman with magical powers, specialized in throwing hellish waves of bullets at you. Luna Nights is probably more reasonable about this than you’re thinking, sticking with modest but tricky patterns to dodge at regular intervals. However, the pace of the boss fights demands the use of your time powers to have any hope of surviving, and the further in you get the more time-based gimmicks they’ll throw at you. You’ve got to be on point through the whole fight, recognizing patterns, weaving through attacks, and opening up with your own barrages when the time is right. It’s one of the rare games where I’d always be looking forward to new bosses and the crazy challenges each offered.

Between intense action and clever exploration, Touhou Luna Nights offers a lot you don’t normally get from metroidvanias. The time powers are an absolute game-changer, providing new ways to interact with the world and enemies. Bosses and puzzles are singular pleasures to overcome with these systems, though I would appreciate having more to face off against. My only real complaint is how short the game is, easily beatable in three hours or so, with not much more needed for 100% completion. There are only a few map areas and none of them are too complex, though they may contain tricky puzzle rooms or secrets. The art and animation is fantastic and the music is all the pumping beats you would expect from a Touhou game. Really it’s all very much what you’d expect from a Touhou game, transformed into a super solid metroidvania that deserves to be longer for how good it is. Even so, you won’t want to miss out on what thrills there are here.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Stickman posted:

This game is fun, and I think I'd really enjoy it, but its obviously in its really early stages and it would be silly to put a significant number of hours into it considering its only going to improve. The description is Dead Cells mixed with Celeste but I think its a lot more reminiscent of Monolith than Dead Cells. Honestly I didn't really see what made it similar to Dead Cells. As someone said its on Game Pass so you can try it on there.

SolidSnakesBandana fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Feb 13, 2020

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

How does this compare to rabi ribi?

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
It's not totally creepy, for one. I played it, it's a bit shallow at times and there's a bit of a dearth of unique environments and enemies, but the time mechanics are everything that Timespinner was supposed to be and isn't. I'd recommend it, if you get it cheap.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Grapplejack posted:

How does this compare to rabi ribi?

The combat in Luna Nights is way more fun, and the bosses feel more like duels than Rabi-Ribi's bullet hell exercises, ironically enough. Rabi-Ribi also felt a bit directionless at times, while Luna Nights is much more focused and directed. That's probably a function of it's size, though, because Rabi-Ribi is probably three times the size of Luna Nights. But if the scope doesn't bother you, I'd say Luna Nights is the better game.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Dominoes posted:

Hey - I feel like I'm in a minority but... I've really tried to like the Steam controller, but just can't do it. I hate it.

It's due to the right pad:

-The right pad is often hard to use with default settings. Too sensitive, not sensitive enough, imprecise etc.
-Inconsistent between games. Is it imitating a controller stick? A mouse? Better dive into the config for each game you play.
-Looking around in 3d games requires multiple swipes; I think you can config the edge to hold look, but am not sure how
-Config is a mess! You have to use big-picture, even if that's not normally part of your flow. Big picture's a bad UI if you're not using a TV or want to edit things with KB/mouse.
- Config is a complex assortment of settings in a tree of menus, preset configs from other users etc.

If you find this type of stuff fun, maybe it's the right tool. If you just want to play games with a controller, it doesn't seem like the right tool.

On the plus side, being able to use normal AA batteries (which you can recharge), and the huge battery life are great!

oh no I think it's pretty divisive lol. It does need tweaking to get the best out of it, and I don't feel like it's even "because you can" - the defaults tend to feel off to me, like it isn't set up like a "normal" controller. When I played Tomb Raider I couldn't ever do the "waggle the stick" QTEs, even if I switched hand position to make it as fast as possible - in the end I set up one of the grips to go left when I clicked it and right when I let go, so I could just click that a few times. It definitely feels like a work in progress

and yeah the settings are super complicated - it's partly because it's meant for developers too, Valve wants people to implement Steam Input control schemes and tweak all that stuff to get the ideal control system, have it switch modes at certain times in the game, that kind of thing. It's very powerful, but there isn't really an easy way to make all that accessible. And ideally people wouldn't have to go in there, but them defaults. At least it loads up the official / most popular configs now where someone's probably taken the time to make it better

I can give you a few tips though
- Edge Spin is what you're looking for with the outside of the pad - it's usually under Advanced Settings, mayyyybe only certain modes like Mousey ones? Since joysticks act like that anyway
- play with the Trackball settings (also mousey I think) so you can flick and it keeps moving, and you can catch it by putting your thumb back on the pad. Personally I tend to balance this and sensitivity to where I can move the view around comfortably without it feeling too slow or jumpy. I don't find the Edge Spin thing too useful, unless you have to do a lot of slow panning for some reason, flick and catch just works better for me
- you don't have to use Big Picture if you have the steam overlay active, do shift+tab and there's a controller config option in the top right, it basically pops up the normal Big Picture style one in another window. Still the same UI, but smaller and you can use the mouse and keyboard if you want anyway
- for whatever reason the Steam button doesn't open the normal overlay if you're not running in big picture, but if you go into your Steam settings and go to Controller, and then the Configure Guide Button bit, that's a global config for "what happens when I hold the steam button and press a thing". There's a bunch in there already for things like alt-tab, media controls etc, just pick something unused and set up a shift+tab key combo and you'll be able to get in and out of the normal overlay with the controller if you like

Steam

Controllers

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Whoops, didn’t know the base price of Wolcen was going to jump once it left EA. I held off since there were some potential concerns with the later acts. Is there a good streamer/reviewer to follow for release changes?

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
In my experience the best use of the Steam Controller is for dual-stick shooters since you can just rest your thumb in the aiming direction and they usually don’t need super high precision.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

baka kaba posted:

and yeah the settings are super complicated - it's partly because it's meant for developers too, Valve wants people to implement Steam Input control schemes and tweak all that stuff to get the ideal control system, have it switch modes at certain times in the game, that kind of thing.
I got the last of the recent Tomb Raider trilogy from a bundle and as it happens, it's one of those games that actually support Steam Controller natively. Now that they're no longer making them that will quickly die off to nothing, of course, so it doesn't make much of a difference at this point.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Cardiovorax posted:

I got the last of the recent Tomb Raider trilogy from a bundle and as it happens, it's one of those games that actually support Steam Controller natively. Now that they're no longer making them that will quickly die off to nothing, of course, so it doesn't make much of a difference at this point.

They might refresh them! But honestly I think a big part of the project was the idea that dual trackpads are the way forward, that the joystick is a crutch and eventually even that could be phased out and... no, nope, nuh uh

But they did make a general Steam Input thing that handles all the controllers so hey, if companies could be bothered doing a config for the SC, maybe they'll keep making one for everything as a quality of life feature

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

PantsBandit posted:

Man the mimics in Prey get me real good from time to time, mostly the scripted ones. You'd think I'd start to expect them, kudos to the devs for placing them well.

Don't trust anything before hitting it with a wrench. Check the wrench first.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I want to start Wolcen but apparently the burning ruins in the menu background are actually the state of the servers and I can't connect. Will I be losing anything if I start in offline mode?

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

SirSamVimes posted:

I want to start Wolcen but apparently the burning ruins in the menu background are actually the state of the servers and I can't connect. Will I be losing anything if I start in offline mode?

You can't take your offline character onto the online servers

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Clear out your backlog: https://store.steampowered.com/labs/playnext

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

First recommendation is new vegas, which I've played, similar to xcom, civ 5 and borderlands :thunk:

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

baka kaba posted:

But honestly I think a big part of the project was the idea that dual trackpads are the way forward, that the joystick is a crutch and eventually even that could be phased out and... no, nope, nuh uh
I've come to really like it. I thought it would annoy me more, but it turns out that the stick really doesn't do all that much to make controlling games easier. I mean, it doesn't hurt either, but the trackpads have actually turned out to not work not any worse for me in practice.

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003
It's been rumored there will be a new revision of the Steam controller so they might not be completely gone yet.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

MMF Freeway posted:

First recommendation is new vegas, which I've played, similar to xcom, civ 5 and borderlands :thunk:

I bet it is basing it off play time and those games are wild outliers.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart

Dominoes posted:

Hey - I feel like I'm in a minority but... I've really tried to like the Steam controller, but just can't do it. I hate it.

It's due to the right pad:

-The right pad is often hard to use with default settings. Too sensitive, not sensitive enough, imprecise etc.
-Inconsistent between games. Is it imitating a controller stick? A mouse? Better dive into the config for each game you play.
-Looking around in 3d games requires multiple swipes; I think you can config the edge to hold look, but am not sure how
-Config is a mess! You have to use big-picture, even if that's not normally part of your flow. Big picture's a bad UI if you're not using a TV or want to edit things with KB/mouse.
- Config is a complex assortment of settings in a tree of menus, preset configs from other users etc.

If you find this type of stuff fun, maybe it's the right tool. If you just want to play games with a controller, it doesn't seem like the right tool.

On the plus side, being able to use normal AA batteries (which you can recharge), and the huge battery life are great!

I have messed around with it so much.
I don't even know what they were thinking. That pad is not a replacement for a stick no matter how you configure it. And I have played with the configuring a lot.
And the size of it has moved the buttons from your usual placement so you keep clicking on the wrong button than what you wanted.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Cardiovorax posted:

I've come to really like it. I thought it would annoy me more, but it turns out that the stick really doesn't do all that much to make controlling games easier. I mean, it doesn't hurt either, but the trackpads have actually turned out to not work not any worse for me in practice.

I just hate that you can't feel where the middle is, not easily, and you can't rest your finger on it without potentially triggering it - you can have a deadzone, but that means you need to know where the centre is! It didn't work reliably at all for stuff where you need to do joystick motions (any game where you play pool and pull the stick back then jab it forward, horrible).

D-pad emulation is worse - if you use taps then it's the whole "where is the middle" thing again, if you use clicks then it's the biggest, clunkiest d-pad in the world. Fine for some stuff but I find myself using the joystick where a d-pad should be the better choice

I mean the twin pads thing is great in some situations, but as a total replacement for the physical controls? heck no

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

baka kaba posted:

I just hate that you can't feel where the middle is, not easily, and you can't rest your finger on it without potentially triggering it - you can have a deadzone, but that means you need to know where the centre is! It didn't work reliably at all for stuff where you need to do joystick motions (any game where you play pool and pull the stick back then jab it forward, horrible).
I haven't experienced that as much of a problem so far because as far as I can tell, my configuration makes it so that the gamepad treats wherever I place my finger as the de facto center of the pad and then induces camera relative to wherever that actually happens to be. :shrug:

I just wish I could figure out how to rotate it. The direction my thumb moves tends not to quite match up with the cardinal directions as the pad defines them.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Ragequit posted:

Whoops, didn’t know the base price of Wolcen was going to jump once it left EA. I held off since there were some potential concerns with the later acts. Is there a good streamer/reviewer to follow for release changes?

There is a Wolcen thread up now - https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3914301&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Zizaran is currently streaming with 2 developers answering questions while he plays. The link to the stream is on page 4 (currently last page) of the Wolcen thread.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Clearly, I need to play Limbo because I played the Stanley Parable.
And Cayne because of Sigils of Elohim.
And Hard Reset because of Binary Domain. Just so that I'd hate it even harder.

Dr. Langeskov, The Tiger, and The Terribly Cursed Emerald: A Whirlwind Heist provides the most insane recommendations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Lol.. it's telling me to play Path of Exile, which I have hundreds or possibly thousands of hours in, but none of it's shown in Steam because I use the stand alone client (the Steam client for PoE is awful).