Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I'm still partial to tit-spikes and fiveheads. That was the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011
I have no script extender and I must cream.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Angry Salami posted:

Isn't there some rebel group in west Africa that fight in crazy outfits and cross-dress because they believe death won't recognize them?

Sounds like Liberian war criminal General Butt Naked.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

quote:

Once described as "the most evil man in the world", Blahyi said in 2008 that he killed at least 20,000 people and carried out regular human sacrifice and cannibalism of children.
what the gently caress

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Archonex posted:

It's definitely serious. The guy is in the comments defending his choice as politely as he can without coming off as completely loony tunes.

I have bad news for him

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Now that is a true warcrime in the Rim

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Loaded with protein

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Did you use the mod to make Meridia sound like you could jerk off to her? Do you want to see her cleavage while you do it?

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/32689

here we go!

What does she look like in ESO?

Well, she's a person.

I guess I should be grateful they didn't put her in Nocturnal's clothes.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
If anyone should be put in Nocturnal's clothes, it's Balgruuf.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Then you could draw him like one of your fancy french girls.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

This is a true meal.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Midnight Voyager posted:

Did you use the mod to make Meridia sound like you could jerk off to her? Do you want to see her cleavage while you do it?

here we go!

Well, she's a person.

Lol the Jesus dedication to this wank mod

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

The Titanic posted:

This is a true meal.

Eh, more of a snacc

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

marshmallow creep posted:

Lol the Jesus dedication to this wank mod

Holy poo poo, I missed that

What the hell how are the comments getting weirder:

quote:

Btw... remove from your description that Christian statement - its against the rules of every site, community, forum, etc. Other will start writing about Allah, another for... Adolf Hitler... and goes on and on.

Your believes are fine, keep them for yourself.

Midnight Voyager fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Feb 17, 2020

Appoda
Oct 30, 2013

I like how it's specifically one of those BE ONE OF US OR BURN IN HELL FOREVER christians too

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

Archonex posted:

It's funny in that it's technically better than Mount and Blade when you look down at the reviews and see what sort of features the game has.

It has a tech tree and era system that means that you start out with anime girls attacking each other with spears and swords, tech up to primitive guns, then eventually modern weaponry.
Also, it has functional vehicles ranging from horses to tanks from what i'm reading. And better control over the cities with the ability to place housing and all sorts of other stuff instead of it all just being stats on a readout with instanced fake sections of the city for things like industries.

But then they had to release a pre-alpha that's creepy as heck. Because waifus.

Heartbreaking: A indie game developer is making the dream game you've always wanted, but all the characters are anime.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Imagine Disco Elysium, exactly the same, but they got an anime waifu artist instead.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

The MSJ posted:

Imagine Disco Elysium, exactly the same, but they got HDoom artist instead.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Midnight Voyager posted:

What the hell how are the comments getting weirder:
I love how that guy sees dedicating your work to Allah and dedicating it to Hitler as exactly the same thing.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

The MSJ posted:

Imagine Disco Elysium, exactly the same, but they got an anime waifu artist instead.

Can't decide if I'd enjoy it more if everyone looked like they came from Final Fantasy 7 or Darkest Dungeon.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
DE, but all characters are disgaea sprites please.

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!

Cardiovorax posted:

I love how that guy sees dedicating your work to Allah and dedicating it to Hitler as exactly the same thing.

But Cardiovax, that’s against the rules, like, everywhere!

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Midnight Voyager posted:

here we go!

Well, she's a person.

This modder has some interesting ideas...

Like his D.Va mod
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/31363

Orv
May 4, 2011

Dwesa posted:

This modder has some interesting ideas...

Like his D.Va mod
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/31363

So, you know how over the years we've talked about how some people, kind of a lot of people actually, have the aesthetic sensibilities of the blind? Like the tremendously bad versions of SweetFX and ENB and stuff that just never stop being made, that look like saturation vomit soup at the best of times.

I think some people have that problem with human beings. And that, at last in this thread, genuinely frightens me.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

The MSJ posted:

I feel like that could only end well especially if it was one of those ones that kind of make the unsettling and creepy gore type art suddenly and unexpectedly.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Orv posted:

So, you know how over the years we've talked about how some people, kind of a lot of people actually, have the aesthetic sensibilities of the blind? Like the tremendously bad versions of SweetFX and ENB and stuff that just never stop being made, that look like saturation vomit soup at the best of times.

I think some people have that problem with human beings. And that, at last in this thread, genuinely frightens me.

They follow the gospel of St Albert, and want Complete. Global. Saturation.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I think part of it might just be a habituation thing. I have experienced this situation in games that offer very detailed facial configuration where I work on a character for a while, keep making little adjustments that I think look better, and when I take a break and come back after a while, I can only wonder what on Earth I was even thinking because the sum total of it looks godawful. I imagine being immersed in something like the modding community and spending far more than just an hour or two every few months on it would make that effect even worse.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

The MSJ posted:

You'd be surprised at the number of people who really don't get obsessed with anime art being 'cringe'

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I don't have any particular grievances against the art style, but there is something pretty sad about people who just can't play a game if it isn't about sexy animu boob girls in some way.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
I'm not sure if I ever posted the links, but there's a small group of people obsessed with giving colossal breasts, thighs, and buttocks to the armored, all-male police force in Payday 2.

I'm convinced that at some point it counts as pathology.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Cardiovorax posted:

I don't have any particular grievances against the art style, but there is something pretty sad about people who just can't play a game if it isn't about sexy animu boob girls in some way.

I've been big into Battle Brothers lately and in Russia there's someone who keeps drawing mercenaries as anime high school girls that make it onto the community page in steam all the time. The game, for those not in the know, is about a low fantasy mercenary company that ruthlessly kills and gets killed. Think like Malazan and Black Company.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Scaramouche posted:

I've been big into Battle Brothers lately and in Russia there's someone who keeps drawing mercenaries as anime high school girls that make it onto the community page in steam all the time. The game, for those not in the know, is about a low fantasy mercenary company that ruthlessly kills and gets killed. Think like Malazan and Black Company.
More Black Company than Malazan. The super-powerful magic powerhouses are pretty consistently defined by being not you.

It's a very good game, highly recommended.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Returning to the weird we're all used to

Rouge XL 2.0

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Thought I misclicked on the Roguelikes thread for a moment there

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Discendo Vox posted:

I'm not sure if I ever posted the links, but there's a small group of people obsessed with giving colossal breasts, thighs, and buttocks to the armored, all-male police force in Payday 2.

I'm convinced that at some point it counts as pathology.

Well you see they're from The Elemental Plane of Cops, as summoned by Coppamancers. It's totally inaccurate lore.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

bony tony posted:

They follow the gospel of St Albert, and want Complete. Global. Saturation.

Do deliberate bloopers by voice actors count as mods to the game if they're altered to be paired with the game itself? Tempted to post the bloopers for Wesker's performance here too.

At one point the voice actor straight up parodies his line and would fit this thread. Complete. Global. Masturbation.

Eh, the heck with it. Here it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p52-QBTXZyM

Magmarashi posted:

You'd be surprised at the number of people who really don't get obsessed with anime art being 'cringe'

In the case of the anime waifu game, it's not even that it's anime. You could do a game with a cell shaded or outright anime art style and have it look gorgeous. Granted, it's hard as heck to do and expensive in the latter case.

This is just some guy's soft core wank bait masked in a better version of MnB. It's like taking a dump on top of a sundae and calling it chocolate when people complain about your creepy tastes.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Archonex posted:

In the case of the anime waifu game, it's not even that it's anime. You could do a game with a cell shaded or outright anime art style and have it look gorgeous. Granted, it's hard as heck to do and expensive in the latter case.

This is just some guy's soft core wank bait masked in a better version of MnB. It's like taking a dump on top of a sundae and calling it chocolate when people complain about your creepy tastes.
:hmmyes:

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Manuel Calavera posted:

The Elemental Plane of Cops

Really the only explanation for the Payday games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

I've always been partial to the 'cops are a kind of fungus that grows in air vents' theory myself.