Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which Nintendo character would you like to see in the next Soul Calibur game?
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 99 8.48%
Other 53 4.54%
jenna got milked 1015 86.98%
Total: 1167 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

if that carbuncle image is any indication, that might be the chocobo used in the choco/mog summon

just your common or garden-variety gokubo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Still not sure about those koala moogles either, tbh

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Carfield, a tail of two kitties

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

carbuncle through the ages

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

grampy cell about to play baseball is not one i expected

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Does anyone ever say "Carby" like in Puyo Puyo

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Just got my soundbar in the post

Can't believe i used to listen to music on tv speakers

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Does anyone ever say "Carby" like in Puyo Puyo
i wouldn't be surprised if noctis says carby at some point

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Just got my soundbar in the post

Can't believe i used to listen to music on tv speakers

They own

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

FanaticalMilk posted:

The plot of the movie is about how some future soldiers fall through a wormhole and get transported into Monster Hunter's world and then they band together to defeat whatever the villain is.

So think Land of the Lost meets Starship Troopers.

this poo poo happens all the fuckin' time in monster hunter so it's not even that weird. geralt literally falls out of a portal

sweet jesus

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
I want a Waluigi movie with F. Murray Abraham

Xegaus
Sep 27, 2006
King of nothing!
They must really hate their dog/fox creation if they gave it such an obvious crit spot. On the head too of all places

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Tails movie looking good

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

actually looking at him again, looks like it's a job for the ships from raiden to take out

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Cowcaster posted:

i did end up seeing detective pikachu because my friend who's into that sort of thing invited me along. it was nowhere near as bad as i feared (had dread visions of 5 year olds doing sing a long songs) but felt like ryan reynolds cashing in on his deadpool popularity more than anything else

Ryan Reynolds cashing in on his deadpool popularity is a genre now.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

pretty cool having a class in a lootgame that can only wear pants

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Is Squirrel Girl in it

Weedle
May 31, 2006

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Ryan Reynolds cashing in on his deadpool popularity is a genre now.

remake "buried" but it's deadpool cracking wise as he slowly suffocates

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

homeless snail posted:

pretty cool having a class in a lootgame that can only wear pants

Unlock different chest-hair patterns.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

drat spent all day in the subway dungeon and still haven't unlocked the dinner plate nipples yet

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Why is Avengers a lootgame

Edit: Also I read about how it's supposed to have multiplayer but you can't double up on characters, seems bad

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Because it's what we deserve

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Why is Avengers a lootgame

Edit: Also I read about how it's supposed to have multiplayer but you can't double up on characters, seems bad

Disney won't let you play as two hulks what if you dilute the brand :stonk:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Lootgame + might get locked out of "your" character seems like bad design

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I’m sure there’s a plot line in the comics that features two Hulks hanging out

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Crisis on Infinite Earths was DC

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
https://twitter.com/AndyPlaytonic/status/1227967861022433282

These are the memories we'll never get to make again if E3 totally dies out.

a glitch
Jun 27, 2008

no wait stop

Soiled Meat
If I saw Miyamoto shaking his head because of something I did I wouldn't need to be kicked out - I'd just leave in shame.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Hes such a square

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

Hes such a square

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0Vu_5D7N5w&t=338s

Edit: Forgot to place the timestamp where Miyamoto invites Tina Wood backstage to "show a few more tricks"

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Feb 14, 2020

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
I love that story about Miyamoto visiting Rare and being aghast at the realistic looking shotgun the DK64 devs had put in as a placeholder, then quickly inventing a coconut launcher or something by scribbling it on a scrap of paper

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

the place I work had a busted computer so I get sent home with pay tgif baybee. the choice is now between doing something creative and productive and good for my brains or spend hours playing dark souls 3.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
spent a couple of hours with Wolcen, and my initial impression is really positive.

the good: it looks nice and plays well. I made a Hit Them Man and grabbed the biggest two hander i could find and splatting enemies feels great. even early on all of my skills feel good and fun to use, and the ones i found that don't fit sound cool and make me hype to make more characters. there is a really smart feature you can toggle where every few seconds your character can 'autodash' and you'll dash in to the next enemy to attack. i don't know if this has been in an arpg before but it's a really clever bit of design. loot has been plentiful without being too overwhelming, though by default it displays the general item type rather than the actual name (helmet vs rogue's scarf or something) but I guess that's just preference. the passive rotating wheel thing seems chunky. the 'endgame' seems to be diablo's adventure mode but with town building which sounds really rad. I tend to approach these games as tv/podcast games so i'm less in them for hyper optimized endgame and more for trying weird builds and hoarding gems. the cosmetic game seems on point, you just get account-wide unlocks for any skin you pick up. dyes seem to just be loot drops, unsure if they're also shared among characters.

the bad: the voice acting is not great, and the story seems real dumb. not sure yet if it's fun pulp dumb or just tryhard nerd dumb. the art direction is hit or miss for me - I think the game is pretty strong graphically but there's a lot of warhammer 40k in there and i think it's kind of boring. monsters have been cool so far but nothing too out there yet unfortunately. some of the small monsters are sometimes hard to click on, it seems that when they're facing certain ways they're hard to target. not a huge deal, though.

the old: my wrist actually kinda hurts which is new for me, might have to admit i'm ancient and get a better mousepad or something

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/MarioBrothBlog/status/1228094083907846150

Donkey Kong, starring Pauline and Walk-man

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Holy poo poo, the Cruel World Festival isn't a scam (at least, according to someone I know that's playing it)

But I still kinda can't believe the lineup

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Jay Rust posted:

I’m sure there’s a plot line in the comics that features two Hulks hanging out

One two hulks kneel before you
That's what I said now

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Realtalk should I buy Division 2 for $3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katty!
Aug 26, 2015

Chillin'

Been catching up on monster hunter world; still getting new tutorials ~40 hours in, just stared at menu screens for 45 minutes while setting up different equipment loadouts with matching decorations. love this game