Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
numeracy
This poll is closed.
s*x n*mb*r 69 0.22%
w@@d n_mb_r 420 1.34%
Jeb! number 538 1.72%
Biden numbr 30330 96.72%
Total: 31357 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Virgil is definitely the most powerful Chapo even if Matt is my favorite

She hosted a Bernie phonebank, which rules. I'm still bummed about their breakup but I got to see them live around when Sonic Nurse came out and it's still one of the best shows I've ever been to. Waiting on the crucial Anton Newcombe endorsement.

MeatwadIsGod has issued a correction as of 04:42 on Feb 14, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
I’m 1000% certain there was a science chant at a yang event sometime last year

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

riseofmydick posted:

I mean we got rid of every single major primary candidate?

Not a single Democratic native from New York or California?

Have the home states of the party just given up?

Not a single token Black Guy? Latino? or Asian?

Not a single token war-veteran or general?

Not a single major Governor or Mayor of a major city?

WHAT THE gently caress IS GOING ON?

unironically Dems are still suffering from their national wipeout under Obama - the party is extremely gerontocratic and much of the national party/leadership has just sat in safe seats in safe states forever, preventing upwards movement, with the exception of a handful of "young" "rising star" Gen-Xers who were most cravenly subservient to the leadership's failed worldview, and who have seen supposed political virtues morph into liabilities overnight: actual political abilities aside, Corey Booker and Kamala Harris clearly built resumes and cultivated public personas for a different era

and there's no bench to pull from outside these areas because they lost over a thousand seats and the people who've taken office in the subsequent recovery are generally too inexperienced/low profile at this moment in time (and the party apparatus selects for maximum succ where possible)

LGD has issued a correction as of 04:45 on Feb 14, 2020

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

lol

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Virgil is definitely the most powerful Chapo even if Matt is my favorite

people who call virgil a lib are idiots

scientists should really get better politics, the entire thing is distilled liberalism

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

an entire base of people who reminded the teacher that they forgot to assign any homework

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

CA is waiting to unleash Gavbot 3000

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Thoguh posted:

I can't tell if Bloomberg is gonna be broken apart the second he gets a tiny bit of vetting or if he's just gonna overwhelm everything with cash and be a serious threat to become the nominee.

I am of the opinion that Senator Bernard Sanders is going to body his rear end once they share a debate stage and Bloomberg is a fool for facing Bernie in the field of battle himself

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Joementum posted:

I’m 1000% certain there was a science chant at a yang event sometime last year

There was a PowerPoint chant

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

joepinetree posted:

From a few pages back, but I sincerely hate this hack. The superficial expertise that confuses prestige with insight (100% of the "actually, Warren's plans are so detailed" crowd will list their alma mater on their twitter bio, because their entire identity is wrapped up in using academic prestige to justify their comfortable position).

In every single area where there has been an academic evaluation of Warren's and Bernie's plans, Bernie's was found to be better and more comprehensive.

insofar as Bernie's plans actually have been elaborated-upon, and the people asking him to explain "how will you pay for it?" during a debate are attacking in bad faith, Bernie's refusal to answer the question is actually correct, because you don't want and you don't need to explain how as far as the voters are concerned.

We're going to give everyone healthcare, and it's going to be beautiful!

That's it. poo poo, Trump probably won a bunch of votes on just saying that his healthcare plan would be better. And people voted for him anyway, because nobody gives a hoot over how it's going to be accomplished as long as they believe that you want to do it.

Going into the details just ends up putting you on the defensive of then having to explain specific portions of the funding plan ("well isn't x% payroll tax on all income over 250k a bit much for the middle-class?"), while also being loving boring.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Thoguh posted:

I can't tell if Bloomberg is gonna be broken apart the second he gets a tiny bit of vetting or if he's just gonna overwhelm everything with cash and be a serious threat to become the nominee.

He's the last remaining true threat of getting a delegate count comparable to Bernie, even if I don't think he will be ahead of Bernie, let alone get a majority. The real danger is Bloomberg coming in with like 32% of the delegates and Bernie with 39% and Bernie getting ratfucked for Bloomberg.

Right now, as I see it, we have a solid handle on Bernie's support level with the lily-white portion of the electorate. He's shown signs that he is doing well with non-white voters, but Nevada and South Carolina will test that thoroughly.

If Bernie can prove what the polls/early votes are showing is true and make some inroads into picking up some of Biden's (older) Black supporters, he will win and probably go into the convention with a majority.

If he can't, and Bloomberg is basically able to consolidate supporters of other candidates as they fail, particularly if he can somehow make inroads into non-white voting blocks, there's a serious risk of Bloomberg winning.

That said, holy poo poo is there a ton of terrible stuff about Bloomberg getting dropped. It doesn't seem like he's been in long enough to get voters locked in for him, and everyone is gonna be gunning for him from now until Super Tuesday.

I think he's a stand-in now for all those undecided voters that have been pinballing between candidates, and I don't see any reason they won't abandon him just as quick.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

AngryBooch posted:

Everyone thought Biden was a juggernaut and refused to accept the reality of actually watching him speak. It was clear that Joe was a paper tiger to anyone actually paying attention!

You can't stress this enough.

Every sane person knew Joe was poison. Every sane person knew Joe was losing his goddamn mind. Every sane person watched Joe's eyeball explode and teeth fall out while rambling like Abe Simpson and was certain his campaign was elder abuse.

But the people who run the DNC are all mummies and think of Joe as "the youngster" and their loving pudding brains looked at Pelosi quaking and trembling like a Chihuahua and agreed he was in great shape.

So they kept wheeling gropey grandpa around, completely certain that every American had the same demented, cataract-ravaged view of Joe as the cryptkeepers of the DNC.

It wasn't a miscalculation. It wasn't misplaced trust. They genuinely thought in their ancient cobwebbed brains that Biden was the hip young guy everyone would love. Because the loving voters of California and New York won't put these grave-evading ghouls out to the wolves where they belong.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

gradenko_2000 posted:

insofar as Bernie's plans actually have been elaborated-upon, and the people asking him to explain "how will you pay for it?" during a debate are attacking in bad faith, Bernie's refusal to answer the question is actually correct, because you don't want and you don't need to explain how as far as the voters are concerned.

We're going to give everyone healthcare, and it's going to be beautiful!

That's it. poo poo, Trump probably won a bunch of votes on just saying that his healthcare plan would be better. And people voted for him anyway, because nobody gives a hoot over how it's going to be accomplished as long as they believe that you want to do it.

Going into the details just ends up putting you on the defensive of then having to explain specific portions of the funding plan ("well isn't x% payroll tax on all income over 250k a bit much for the middle-class?"), while also being loving boring.

I mean, yeah, that is Bernie's strong suit. He's got detailed bills in congress, but on the campaign trail he frames his arguments in moral, not technocratic terms. Which is incomprehensible for people who are defined by the college they attended.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Well, somebody had to take up the mantle of chanting elementary school subjects after Yang dropped out.

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls

pump n dump baby

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/_uncoolniece/status/1221894993524117504?s=19

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Ora Tzo posted:

Klob/Biden/Butt Hybrid.

what, me worry?

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

rudecyrus posted:

pump n dump baby

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

sorry if this was brought up recently but does anyone know what Dave Weigel tweeted (an image of Pete?) that was considered homophobic?

Oh I might as well chime in on Virgil Texas' tweet because Im sure that isnt discussed enough: I know about Salo but I still didnt get the joke

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

really queer Christmas posted:

There was a PowerPoint chant

yeah, but powerpoint rules. it's turing complete.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNjxe8ShM-8

Gresh
Jan 12, 2019

Thoguh posted:

Same. But if he somehow managed to get the nomination, I could see Trump keeping every state he won in 2016 in addition to picking up Virginia, New Hampshire, Nevada, Minnesota, Maine, and maybe a few blue states with such insanely low turnout. Bloomberg spoke at the Republican National Convention as recently as 2004... lmao

TOMMY PROVOLONE
Jul 30, 2014

I am the sun. The moon.

Bloomberg is absolutely terrible at responding to the stop and frisk thing btw. Like legit someone asked him about the comments he made and he went "Uhhhhhhh I WAS THE MAYOR OF THE MOST DIVERSE CITY"

He will be shredded in any debate that it makes me wonder why he bent the rules to let him in them.

How Darwinian
Feb 27, 2011

For a moment I was worried this was Nevada.... and nope, it's Arlington Virginia lol.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

World War Mammories posted:

an entire base of people who reminded the teacher that they forgot to assign any homework

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

TOMMY PROVOLONE posted:

Bloomberg is absolutely terrible at responding to the stop and frisk thing btw. Like legit someone asked him about the comments he made and he went "Uhhhhhhh I WAS THE MAYOR OF THE MOST DIVERSE CITY"

He will be shredded in any debate that it makes me wonder why he bent the rules to let him in them.

our best hope is that he does get on the debate stage and everyone just spends their time eviscerating him on his record

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Immediately gulag Covfefe Jones King of Shade

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

https://twitter.com/JRubinBlogger/status/1227946601295024132?s=20

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin

TOMMY PROVOLONE posted:

he's gonna stan for bernie dude. to own the libs

0 rows returned
Apr 9, 2007

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

sorry if this was brought up recently but does anyone know what Dave Weigel tweeted (an image of Pete?) that was considered homophobic?

Oh I might as well chime in on Virgil Texas' tweet because Im sure that isnt discussed enough: I know about Salo but I still didnt get the joke

it was a different shot from the same scene that virgil posted

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

mad.radhu posted:

our best hope is that he does get on the debate stage and everyone just spends their time eviscerating him on his record

Yeah I think people who are unfamiliar with him are underestimating just what an unbearable gently caress he is when he talks extemporaneously. I'd be a lot more concerned about him if he was skipping out on the debates and continuing to do nothing but carpetbomb commercials of Obama hugging him

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

It was apparently also a salo refference, but I didn't see it

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
https://twitter.com/emilyslist/status/1228170250543222784

Harassment gets results turns out.

edit: We'll see if they have the gut to follow through and release the anti bernie ads

Aino Minako
Dec 16, 2007

Perpetual rage elemental

delete this

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

You can't stress this enough.

Every sane person knew Joe was poison. Every sane person knew Joe was losing his goddamn mind. Every sane person watched Joe's eyeball explode and teeth fall out while rambling like Abe Simpson and was certain his campaign was elder abuse.

But the people who run the DNC are all mummies and think of Joe as "the youngster" and their loving pudding brains looked at Pelosi quaking and trembling like a Chihuahua and agreed he was in great shape.

So they kept wheeling gropey grandpa around, completely certain that every American had the same demented, cataract-ravaged view of Joe as the cryptkeepers of the DNC.

It wasn't a miscalculation. It wasn't misplaced trust. They genuinely thought in their ancient cobwebbed brains that Biden was the hip young guy everyone would love. Because the loving voters of California and New York won't put these grave-evading ghouls out to the wolves where they belong.
lmao :five:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

AngryBooch posted:

https://twitter.com/emilyslist/status/1228170250543222784

Harassment gets results turns out.

edit: We'll see if they have the gut to follow through and release the anti bernie ads

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
She needs an insurance rep, not a presidential candidate.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Tricky D posted:

fifth element remake lookin' good

:vince:

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
https://twitter.com/mikebloomberg/status/603681894786555906?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk