Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

1a. Monster Hunter World: Iceborne - Reached Master Rank 100 and Defeated Ruiner Nergigante

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

2/3 Polyology

Kickass Sokoban game with a lot of gimmicks, real short though.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
2a) Slay the Spire - Defect A1 (Heart kill)

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

2/4 Anarcute

Mission based Pikmin-like. Kinda tedious and the controls can be frustrating. boss battles were well done tho.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

2/6 Transistor

I've gotten close to beating it a bunch of times but I actually got to the end this time. It's aged pretty poorly, still looks great, but it's hard going from Hades and Pyre back to this, where everything is super slow on purpose.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Death Stranding

that was pretty incredible

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

2. Shadow Hearts: From the New World (Good Ending, 100% Snap Collection)

The story in the last third after the party has been formed is kinda lame but the game is so fun to play I didn't mind. And all the side stuff was awesome, this is the first JRPG since the ffx rerelease that I went nuts on trying to do 100%. I took all the 400 something photos with Johnny which was cool, the dungeon that unlocks for becoming the Snap Master was sweet. sad that I'm done with the entire sacnoth catalogue now

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

my file was at the final save point for a while and when i sat down to finish it today there was a 2 minute cutscene and then i beat the final boss in one attack, and then credits rolled, which is how you know it was an epic JRPG.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

In Training posted:

2. Shadow Hearts: From the New World (Good Ending, 100% Snap Collection)

The story in the last third after the party has been formed is kinda lame but the game is so fun to play I didn't mind. And all the side stuff was awesome, this is the first JRPG since the ffx rerelease that I went nuts on trying to do 100%. I took all the 400 something photos with Johnny which was cool, the dungeon that unlocks for becoming the Snap Master was sweet. sad that I'm done with the entire sacnoth catalogue now

I miss Shadow Hearts too. Enjoyed the hell out of those games

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Saints Row: The Third. 2 is still my favorite in the series—the story and tone are perfect, Stilwater’s a much more interesting setting, the customization options are insane and the side activities for the most part are more fun. But the gameplay engine in 3 is a blast and I had a ton of fun, especially when just driving around causing chaos in the streets. Excited to move on to 4

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

kof98 arcade mode, terry geese and takuma. gently caress snk bosses

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

trying to jack off posted:

kof98 arcade mode, terry geese and takuma. gently caress snk bosses

Heard there's gonna be a online tourney of that sometime tomorrow. Not sure who's hosting it but should be a good time

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

Heard there's gonna be a online tourney of that sometime tomorrow. Not sure who's hosting it but should be a good time

time to enter that tourny and play it at work on a bad keyboard with 250 ping

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Mega Man 9

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

beat Grandia HD last night and passed out.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Fire Emblem: Three Houses

did the crimson flower path on hard, last year did verdant wind on normal. Gonna wait for the DLC to drop before i do azure moon. then i guess silver snow. idk if i'll make one of them maddening.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Spyro Reignited Trilogy - Spyro the Dragon (120% and Platinum Trophy)

elf help book fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Feb 10, 2020

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Mega Man 10. One of the easier MM games but still fun. Less bullshit instant deaths than 9

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
Whew fonally finished the 3rd floor on splay the spire with the knife lady.

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Mega Man 10. One of the easier MM games but still fun. Less bullshit instant deaths than 9

Level design wasn't nearly as good I thought

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

mysterious loyall X posted:

Whew fonally finished the 3rd floor on splay the spire with the knife lady.

poisons or shivs?

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Beat Hades with the Shield and 1 heat.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

b_d posted:

poisons or shivs?

i had a sweet shiv thing going where i was doing like 20 damage with nonstop shivs but the robot boss in act 2 killed me with a 60 damage thing oops. THE next game i got was poisonish but also a lucky confluence of the metaphorphosis card + pandora's box artefact so i got like a bunch of those cards that let you use your hole had for 0 energy and the one that does 2 damage per card u use and i beat the time guy with 3 hp whew

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

mysterious loyall X posted:

i had a sweet shiv thing going where i was doing like 20 damage with nonstop shivs but the robot boss in act 2 killed me with a 60 damage thing oops. THE next game i got was poisonish but also a lucky confluence of the metaphorphosis card + pandora's box artefact so i got like a bunch of those cards that let you use your hole had for 0 energy and the one that does 2 damage per card u use and i beat the time guy with 3 hp whew

I bet you love to use your hole.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I bet you love to use your hole.

its 2020 and its okay to use your hole bruh

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Journey to the Savage Planet

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Final Fantasy X-2 - I leveled too much and made it really easy. Also the good ending is locked behind some brady games bullshit--I will watch on youtube instead :thumbsup:

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

little inferno

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
chocobo's mysterious dungeon every buddy - great port of the wii mystery dungeon with some nice updates. gonna take a crack at some of hte postgame stuff

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

1. Mega Man X
2. Metroid: Zero Mission
3. Grandia
4. Mega Man X2

The year of old rear end games continues on.

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
Persona 5 is my first Game Beat of 2020. I liked it a lot but my main takeaway is that a video game does not need to be 140 hours long

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

Persona 5 is my first Game Beat of 2020. I liked it a lot but my main takeaway is that a video game does not need to be 140 hours long

Should have waited for p5 royal which is 160 hrs long

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

I beat it in 79. Topic Locked.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I beat it in 79. Topic Locked.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Queen's Wish - The Conqueror

Jeff Vogel's done it again!!!!!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Frenz posted:

Final Fantasy X-2 - I leveled too much and made it really easy. Also the good ending is locked behind some brady games bullshit--I will watch on youtube instead :thumbsup:
It's actually the bad ending anyway

tawal
Feb 7, 2012

2. Mass Effect 2

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Dusk. It was pretty drat good

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009
2) Plague of shadows

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU