Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

I had skeleton bot but made do with silly putty.

Skeleton jelly?

Biden: People have been living there for years without complaints about some 'hostile organism.'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Trump: HHHHHHHIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSS SCCCCCCCREEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAACHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Rat Boy Petey:
Look, we can't have any firing in there. I, uh... I want you to collect magazines from everybody.

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK

I got a bunch of this for practically nothing in the mid 00s.

Still pretty much in plastic wrap. Like 30 odd main bugs, 32 Roughnecks armor MI, 3 big suits, that big bug, and 6 flyers.

I should probably assemble them and do something with the things. Or see if they are good Ebay value. I got them to use in RPGs and similar type stuff but if I'm not even building them?

It ain't like I don't have things I could use them in...
http://wargamedork.blogspot.com/2019/12/battle-systems-uk-frontier-core-set.html

And a fuckload of Alien and Predator Horrorclix too.

I can do good poo poo provided my sorry rear end can find people willing to try stuff out on a weekday.

Vvvv other side of the country aka either side. But I linked your post to a Wisconsin goon who games and is a huge Alien fan. Vvvvv

Captain Rufus fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Feb 13, 2020

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
That looks awesome.

Fly out to Wisconsin and I'll play with you.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

This was the Starship Trooper game I played growing up, which I wish to hell I still had:

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/670/starship-troopers

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Captain Rufus posted:

I got a bunch of this for practically nothing in the mid 00s.

Still pretty much in plastic wrap. Like 30 odd main bugs, 32 Roughnecks armor MI, 3 big suits, that big bug, and 6 flyers.

I should probably assemble them and do something with the things. Or see if they are good Ebay value. I got them to use in RPGs and similar type stuff but if I'm not even building them?

It ain't like I don't have things I could use them in...
http://wargamedork.blogspot.com/2019/12/battle-systems-uk-frontier-core-set.html

And a fuckload of Alien and Predator Horrorclix too.

I can do good poo poo provided my sorry rear end can find people willing to try stuff out on a weekday.

Vvvv other side of the country aka either side. But I linked your post to a Wisconsin goon who games and is a huge Alien fan. Vvvvv

poo poo, I’d probably take those Starship Troopers miniatures off your hands.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Pennywise the Frown posted:

That looks awesome.

...What part of Wisconsin?

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

I'd ask if horny is prohibited in this thread, but considering the Giger connection, well

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

We're sealing the tunnel!

Code Jockey posted:

I'd ask if horny is prohibited in this thread, but considering the Giger connection, well

Haven't been paying much attention have you?

This thread is at least like, 30% horny posting.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Android Apocalypse posted:

:lol: I forgot Jake Busey's name was Ace in the movie.

Even better now that one of my friends named his son Ace. I can totally see him growing up to be like Ace Levy.

Ace as a legal, on the birth certificate name?

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Sunswipe posted:

Ace as a legal, on the birth certificate name?

Yes, that is his actual name.

There's worse names out there. I did jokingly tell them that if they have a second child to name it Deuce, which does have precedence.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Owlbear Camus posted:

...What part of Wisconsin?

Kenosha. :smith:

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

Yes, that is his actual name.

There's worse names out there. I did jokingly tell them that if they have a second child to name it Deuce, which does have precedence.

He's gonna need at least 5 kids.

Ace
Jack
Queenie
Kingsley
And little babby Joker.

Then for halloween he can dress them all up in the same color and have a royal flush.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I'm here to interrupt baby name chat with an x-post of the best thing I've seen today so far (and is relevant to our "80's/90's sci fi/action movie" conversation):

Kalli posted:

:yeah:

also twitter is good because you get insane screeds along with stuff like this thrown at you:

https://twitter.com/Mitch_M/status/1228038514035634182

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.

Owlbear Camus posted:

Rat Boy Petey:
Look, we can't have any firing in there. I, uh... I want you to collect magazines from everybody.

"Bernie has pulled ahead of you in the primary."

"Great. Wonderful. Shhhhhit!"

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Jay_Zombie posted:

Haven't been paying much attention have you?

This thread is at least like, 30% horny posting.

I've mostly been hiding in a locker :ohdear:

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I'm here to interrupt baby name chat with an x-post of the best thing I've seen today so far (and is relevant to our "80's/90's sci fi/action movie" conversation):

How in the gently caress did this only make it online in 2020?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Wow, for the one minute screen time it looks like they hired some actual stuntmen. Who can dance.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

mind the walrus posted:

How in the gently caress did this only make it online in 2020?

No poo poo!!!! Holy LOL, this is great!

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Here's more of the Predator dance.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Yeah that's the one literally everyone has seen two hundred times since 2002. We're wondering why the one with Glover himself only made it online now.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
Predator 2: The Streets

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Predator 2: One man, one monster, only one gets served

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Wow, for the one minute screen time it looks like they hired some actual stuntmen. Who can dance.

They’re not stuntmen, they’re LA Lakers players.

No seriously, Danny Glover was friends with a bunch of them and got them to play the myriad Predators at the end of the movie because they’re the right height and build.

I can track down a thread on an AvP forum where someone did a bunch of detective work to identify specifically which players, too.

Edit— The Lost Predators

Xenomrph fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Feb 13, 2020

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

Predator 2: One man, one monster, only one gets served

Predator 2:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Owlbear Camus posted:

Rat Boy Petey:

Please don't compare Mayor Rat to Gorman, since despite being a bad squad officer Gorman actually went to boot camp and did weapons training.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Too lovely to be comparable to even Gorman, theres a campaign slogan.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

etalian posted:

Please don't compare Mayor Rat to Gorman, since despite being a bad squad officer Gorman actually went to boot camp and did weapons training.

Gorman also redeems himself.

Burke was already taken.

So I guess the only one left is...

"Hisss! Skreee! *inner jaws opening, salavating*"
- Mayor Pete

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Buttigieg 2020
A Perfect Organism

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Bernie 2020

I feel safer already.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

Buttigieg 2020
A Perfect Organism

I already use ‘his structural perfection is only matched by his hostility’ to refer to my shiba inu when people try to pet him.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljEC7HKbP0g

It has been in my youtube favorites since 2009 and has a million views :shrug:

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

evobatman posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljEC7HKbP0g

It has been in my youtube favorites since 2009 and has a million views :shrug:

I saw that too & noticed the date. Man, the internet can really screw with your concept of time...

Speaking of Predator II, I forgot that fellow goon Crosshatch did this cover for one of the greatest crossovers ever:

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

etalian posted:

Actually, Gorman's actor was the only member of the original Marine cast in the movie (not counting Biehn, who was a last-minute replacement for another actor who got kicked out of the movie) not to go to the boot camp and weapons training they did for them as a team-bonding/method acting thing.

So that just makes him more Gorman-like.

You should have objected on the grounds of Gorman actually going out in a semi-brave manner, rather than the Burke method.

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

etalian posted:

You must let me have the nomination. Think of all we could learn from it!

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Wild T posted:

You must let me have the nomination. Think of all we could learn from it!

You know, I don't know which candidate is worse. At least you don't see them ratfucking democratic processes for a percentage.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I know it's not the right movie, but any picture of Mayor Pete smiling gives me serious "android who will murder you by shoving a rolled up magazine down your throat" vibes.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Beet Wagon posted:

I know it's not the right movie, but any picture of Mayor Pete smiling gives me serious "android who will murder you by shoving a rolled up magazine down your throat" vibes.

You're not wrong. That manic psycho strained grin whenever he's presented with a remotely challenging question is very hyperdyne systems 120-a/2 energy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

The a/2s always were a bit twitchy.