Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Alhazred posted:

Ms. Marvel #34

What is happening in this panel?

To me, it appears like Shocker is using his vibration powers and Ms. Marvel is ignoring it due to her jelly legs powers.

Is the humor the expression of Shocker realising he's hosed? Ms. Marvel seems a little angrier than usual, especially for an attack that didn't work on her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again

Beachcomber posted:

To me, it appears like Shocker is using his vibration powers and Ms. Marvel is ignoring it due to her jelly legs powers.

Is the humor the expression of Shocker realising he's hosed? Ms. Marvel seems a little angrier than usual, especially for an attack that didn't work on her.

She is becoming larger. Seems pretty obvious and I'm only sort of sure that's something she does.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

GokuGoesSSJ3 posted:

She is becoming larger. Seems pretty obvious and I'm only sort of sure that's something she does.

I can see that. I'm sure the next page makes it clearer.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

GokuGoesSSJ3 posted:

It's literally the first useful thing she learns how to do, yeah.

Also Shocker has a history of saying really insulting things to her and she took it personally.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I don't know why people are posting this when the best parts of that story are when Kamala's powers are on the fritz

later

pages from Ms. Marvel 33 and 34

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 33 hours!

TwoPair posted:

I don't know why people are posting this when the best parts of that story are when Kamala's powers are on the fritz

You know, it strikes me that Kamala's a character that can only work in an illustrated medium. Because I cannot picture this in live action in a way that isn't horrifying.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
History has proven in 3 separate bad Fantastic Four movies that stretchy powers do not look good in real life but I guess Marvel's gonna hope that they nail it this next time!

e: I guess Elongated Man on CW Flash looks alright but that's one of the few times the TV budget helps since they don't try to use him that much and don't end up flying too close to the sun.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Reading that fake manga sounds like it would be one of the layers of hell, the one for car salesmen.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

TwoPair posted:

History has proven in 3 separate bad Fantastic Four movies that stretchy powers do not look good in real life but I guess Marvel's gonna hope that they nail it this next time!

e: I guess Elongated Man on CW Flash looks alright but that's one of the few times the TV budget helps since they don't try to use him that much and don't end up flying too close to the sun.

It helps for Dibny that when he's doing something really unnerving they instead cut to others' reactions watching it for a gag.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Lurdiak posted:

Reading that fake manga sounds like it would be one of the layers of hell, the one for car salesmen.

Yeah it kinda makes me think of like, if Death Note climbed up its own rear end, again.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

ItsDisposable posted:

It's like literally the first line of the manifesto. You can't say you weren't informed :colbert:

Yeah, I hear Jacob Marley turned into a big fan of some of Marx's ideas.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Beachcomber posted:

To me it looks like Shocker was kind of just going wherever minding his own business and Ms. Marvel instantly goes DRAGONBALL STAND-OFF SHOUTING MATCH on him.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

TwoPair posted:

"into the spiderverse" introduced the perfect solution: cartoon fantastic four mixed with live action heroes. just have a full cartoon opening of the four being heroes and they have to come to the cinematic universe for some reason or another, draw them in a bright, cartoony style and have them be really light, cartoony characters just this side of "corny" and bingo bongo.
I mean half the movies are cgi anyway, why not?

Grendels Dad posted:

To me it looks like Shocker was kind of just going wherever minding his own business and Ms. Marvel instantly goes DRAGONBALL STAND-OFF SHOUTING MATCH on him.
Shocker never minds his own god drat business.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

the fantastic four are all body horrors so if you don't have james woods and david cronenberg don't bother.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

You're not wrong, but it's still funny and still a decent stab at comics like Irredeemable / Incorruptible and its ilk.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Ghostlight posted:

the fantastic four are all body horrors so if you don't have james woods and david cronenberg don't bother.

James Woods can get hosed.

Actually, I think that Jeff Goldblum might make an interesting Mr. Fantastic.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Beachcomber posted:

I mean you'd think Jeff Goldblum would make an interesting something but so far we haven't found that thing.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Jerry Cotton posted:

I mean you'd think Jeff Goldblum would make an interesting something but so far we haven't found that thing.
Why are you always so wrong?

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Beachcomber posted:

I know some people that thought that's who actually played him (shows how closely they were paying attention), but now I'm sad because you know Goldblum would've devoured the scenery as Mr. Fantastic and made it a much better movie.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Jerry Cotton uh finds a way.

To be an idioy

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Grendels Dad posted:

That's basically what happened.

Red posted:

Shocker really should be named "Captain Leave Me Alone".

He even shoots bursts of go away.
In that story he went out of his way to gently caress with Kamala though.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Alhazred posted:

Ms. Marvel #34

I want to post that Blue Beetle panel here, but I feel like in the context of a teenager and adult man it becomes much worse...

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Yes it does and I'm not sure why your mind went there

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Jeff Goldblum plays the best Jeff Goldblum I've ever seen.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Bruceski posted:

It helps for Dibny that when he's doing something really unnerving they instead cut to others' reactions watching it for a gag.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

mind the walrus posted:

Yes it does and I'm not sure why your mind went there

Because if you stare, your mind fixates

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

That Ahegao vs Predator cover really exists?

WaywardWoodwose
May 19, 2008

The woods are lovely, dark, and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.
For a while I thought I'd rather have a Kamala movie over the one we got ( i think her powers are visually more interesting), but then i remembered that stretchy heroes never look good in 3D. I think one of their best ideas in Doom Patrol was to have Rita be a goopy monster. Maybe a Plastic Man could work if they make him a cartoon-y guy in a real world, but I've never seen that effect where it wasn't done poorly, or just look gross.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

WaywardWoodwose posted:

For a while I thought I'd rather have a Kamala movie over the one we got ( i think her powers are visually more interesting), but then i remembered that stretchy heroes never look good in 3D. I think one of their best ideas in Doom Patrol was to have Rita be a goopy monster. Maybe a Plastic Man could work if they make him a cartoon-y guy in a real world, but I've never seen that effect where it wasn't done poorly, or just look gross.

The Mask?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

For the record, Archie vs. The Predator is loving amazing. It's drawn in the exact same style as the traditional Archie comics and everyone has their standard characterization, but it's incredibly gory.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

chitoryu12 posted:

For the record, Archie vs. The Predator is loving amazing. It's drawn in the exact same style as the traditional Archie comics and everyone has their standard characterization, but it's incredibly gory.

Afterlife with Archie is really good too (basically Archie v. Zombies)

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Proteus Jones posted:

Afterlife with Archie is really good too (basically Archie v. Zombies)

And the art is FANTASTIC.

WorldsStongestNerd
Apr 28, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Grendels Dad posted:

Shocker without a doubt did at least one thing that morning that deserves a beating.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Afterlife is great except that it doesn't end, rather just stops. The art is gorgeous though.

Archie vs. Predator II is something *very* out there, though.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

They did a sequel? Like, I dunno about spoiling a 5 year old comic, but the ending makes a direct sequel kinda weird.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

John Dyne posted:

They did a sequel? Like, I dunno about spoiling a 5 year old comic, but the ending makes a direct sequel kinda weird.

IT IS VERY WEIRD.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
It's extremely weird and while I like the ideas behind it, I think it bit off more than it could chew. Alex de Campi wrote a fun Predator/Archie hybrid story in the first volume but the sequel seemed like it forgot it was an Archie/Predator story and instead focused on trying to do Grant Morrison's Animal Man but for Archie. I think there's a good story to be had with that, and I see glimmers of it here and there, but I feel the writing couldn't quite live up to its ambition.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Argue posted:

It's extremely weird and while I like the ideas behind it, I think it bit off more than it could chew. Alex de Campi wrote a fun Predator/Archie hybrid story in the first volume but the sequel seemed like it forgot it was an Archie/Predator story and instead focused on trying to do Grant Morrison's Animal Man but for Archie. I think there's a good story to be had with that, and I see glimmers of it here and there, but I feel the writing couldn't quite live up to its ambition.

Aww, that is disappointing.

My favourite part of Archie Vs Predator is in one page you can see Archie has a picture of him with the Punisher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

The Mask works because he's supposed to be cartoony, yeah. Doesn't work for Kamala or Reed Richards or someone who are just supposed to be stretching their otherwise regular bodies.