Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which Nintendo character would you like to see in the next Soul Calibur game?
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 99 8.48%
Other 53 4.54%
jenna got milked 1015 86.98%
Total: 1167 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Everyone learned that award shows were a sham back in 2005/2006 when RE4 wasn't nominated for anything because Capcom didn't actually belong to the AIAS at that time. Like they didn't care to pay the dues or something.

https://twitter.com/house_house_/status/1228216844185563137

Also I totally forgot there was a three year chunk where each of the three "B's" won GOTY here. And it's even worse in retrospect when you read about how Inquisition winning just made things for Bioware worse in the long run because the awards were just a reinforcement of sorts that the Bioware Magic could always come through in the end.

thats ok re4 is ridiculously overrated anyway and worse than the 3 games before it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
2015 GOTY Fallout 4 lmbo

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Oh we are doing resident evil hot takes now

RE4 and the RE2 remake are the only good resident evils

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Help Im Alive posted:

What's everyone playing to celebrate valentine's day

I love my wife every day so a special day for it is redundant

However I bought my mom flowers and brought her to our house to make pancakes :3:

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

2015 GOTY Fallout 4 lmbo

There's a lot of bad games on that list

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
RE5 ends with a fight against a boulder in a volcano, it's pretty okay in my opinion.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

re4 and 5 arent bad theyre just alright but not very resi. 1, 2 and 3 are all better, rev 1 and 7 as well and its good that after the complete mess that 6 was theyve gone back to making good ones again.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Songbearer posted:

I love my wife every day so a special day for it is redundant

However I bought my mom flowers and brought her to our house to make pancakes :3:

growing up my mom always treated valentines day as a celebration of love in general, not just romantic, and i still prefer that interpretation

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

RE5 ends with a fight against a boulder in a volcano, it's pretty okay in my opinion.

did u know they cribbed that from mega man battle network 5

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
I'm on my way from work to get my wife some flowers and maybe sushi or something.

It's also a movie night for kids so and they loved Totoro so I figured we should watch Laputa next.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Congrats to all the goons who are going to be playing some co-op games tonight if you know what I mean.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Congrats to all the goons who are going to be playing some co-op games tonight if you know what I mean.

Yeah monster hunter rules

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
But Monster Hunter is about slaying with pussy, not sl

Weedle
May 31, 2006

my wife is sick :(

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

me and a big group of friends are all going to get hammered on cheap margaritas and bad mexican food in lieu of valentine's day but full disclosure i'd rather stay home and play videogam

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

i am going to go home and take a nap again today because these "it's 2 degrees out with wind chill in -10 or lower" days are sapping my energy

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Lady VG is working a night shift this evening and I have already given her her gift (A charmander plushie) so this evening I will play more Rage 2 and chill out tremendously :D

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I'm taking my wife to a ball at the italian embassy in DC

It's a real classy affair, gonna git ripshit on champagne

Stux posted:

re4 and 5 arent bad theyre just alright but not very resi. 1, 2 and 3 are all better, rev 1 and 7 as well and its good that after the complete mess that 6 was theyve gone back to making good ones again.

RE6 was the best resident evil

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

My favorite thing about Rage 2 was that there was apparently a bug at launch that made it possible for you to go through all of the tutorialization without actually unlocking the rage powers. I sure hope they fixed it because that seems like a bad bug.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

RBA Starblade posted:

I'm taking my wife to a ball at the italian embassy in DC

It's a real classy affair, gonna git ripshit on champagne

lol the italians can't even get their own bubbly wine and have to steal french valor.

(that sounds very fun I hope you and the wife have a wonderful time!)

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

lol the italians can't even get their own bubbly wine and have to steal french valor.

(that sounds very fun I hope you and the wife have a wonderful time!)

lol

Thanks I hope everyone else enjoys something romantic as well :)

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

asti spumante and arancini mama mia

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I have no romantic plans but I am performing in a play for the first time in like 6 years so that feels good.

And afterwards I'm gonna get stoned and play some more Prey. It's got its hooks in me real deep now.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

My favorite thing about Rage 2 was that there was apparently a bug at launch that made it possible for you to go through all of the tutorialization without actually unlocking the rage powers. I sure hope they fixed it because that seems like a bad bug.

Luckily this is not happening to me. I do love the Danny Dyer voice pack though. Very, very much!

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

PantsBandit posted:

I have no romantic plans but I am performing in a play for the first time in like 6 years so that feels good.

And afterwards I'm gonna get stoned and play some more Prey. It's got its hooks in me real deep now.

The intro sequence to Prey is one of my favorite intros in recent memory. I should bump it up the list.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Prey was my 2019 game of the year. I will copy and paste my feelings from the goty thread:

quote:

Prey whipped.

Prey managed to get me to play a video game non stop for just over 29 hours in three days. 29 hours out of 72 were invested in Prey. I started and finished it in that timeline. 40% of 3 days was video gaming This does not happen to me. It is an abnormality and a shock. A system shock 3 if you will pardon the joke.

Prey is everything I love about sci fi FPS rpgs ramped all the way up to maximum levels. It has the killer detailed environment, it has the precise nature of character control, it has the gripping and intriguing story line, it has the fear of the unknown and of the enemy types that constantly give me panic attacks, it has the soundtrack that ebbs and flows at all the right moments while also having some killer songs, it has the emergent gameplay to allows you to approach situations completely under your own idea of how and it allows you to break the game if you master these things.

Prey was a phenomenal experience to me and one of gaming's all time best. Prey was a return to a kind of game I have been longing and one that will stick with me for the rest of my gaming life. I was the predator to Prey and I ate it up. I would do so again without another thought.

Still true.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

VideoGames posted:

Prey was my 2019 game of the year. I will copy and paste my feelings from the goty thread:

Still true.

So you're saying you pray that I play Prey?

I'll move it alllllll the way up the list to next after Dishonored.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

I'll move it alllllll the way up the list to next after Dishonored.

I do pray that you do and also that you enjoy it as much as I did :D Goodness. I fell head over heels for that game.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

He's plying you with a Prey playing prayer ploy

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

I thought the intro was pretty good (it was actually the only part I played through when I tried to pick up Prey a year or two back) but mostly I'm enjoying picking through files and emails and stuff. Just seeing all the hosed up privatized space-race antics of the company you work for.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Ahhhh what a game :D WHAT A GAME!

It is my 12th favourite game of all time.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Stop pls you're making me want to replay prey again

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

The goo minics kept making me jump so I stopped playing.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

stev posted:

The goo minics kept making me jump so I stopped playing.

The mimics terrifying the utter bejesus out of me was the reason I fell in love! :D Games/TV/Movies/Books/Plays scaring me? Yes please!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I have it on game pass I should play prey eventually

and finish metro exodus

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

PantsBandit posted:

I thought the intro was pretty good (it was actually the only part I played through when I tried to pick up Prey a year or two back) but mostly I'm enjoying picking through files and emails and stuff. Just seeing all the hosed up privatized space-race antics of the company you work for.

Control is pretty good for that

Weedle
May 31, 2006

if deus ex is my all-time favorite fps and i like the motion picture "john carpenter's the thing" is prey the game for me?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

sounds like it could be, yes

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

So I did actually play through most of Control but to me they didn't handle that stuff as well as Prey does. The constant redactions seem like a lazy writing tool, and there's a lot of documents that just add flavor to the organization without actually having any relevance to the story.

Prey has a much stronger delineation between flavor and plot relevant stuff, while also doing a better job of having actual environmental storytelling as well. I sort of think the writing is just better in general.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Help Im Alive posted:

2nding Control having incredible detail in the collectibles and logs and videos. It's delightful.

PantsBandit posted:

So I did actually play through most of Control but to me they didn't handle that stuff as well as Prey does. The constant redactions seem like a lazy writing tool, and there's a lot of documents that just add flavor to the organization without actually having any relevance to the story.

Prey has a much stronger delineation between flavor and plot relevant stuff, while also doing a better job of having actual environmental storytelling as well. I sort of think the writing is just better in general.

Oh. lol. I think I'm going to jive with Prey just fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Weedle posted:

if deus ex is my all-time favorite fps and i like the motion picture "john carpenter's the thing" is prey the game for me?

I have not played Deus Ex. However the Thing is a top 10 of all time film for me, so yes. Yes please. Play Prey.