Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Raccooon posted:

What the hell am I looking at here? Is that showing permanent damage to the lungs caused by this? Like there is no full recovery?

Lungs often take multiple months to heal. Severe cases of pneumonia can cause scarring to the lung or the pleura, but its rare.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets
Usually that’s with bacterial pneumonia’s and the nasty fast growing stuff like MRSA. Viral pneumonia can cause it too but where you get really screwed is the viral pneumonia that gets co-infected with something terrible like MRSA or hospital acquired pseudomonas.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
Looking forward to watching athletes compete while wearing respirator masks inside of giant plastic bubbles which separate them from the audience

the medals will be awarded by drones

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
The medals will be packed into bullet casings and fired at the podium from A safe distance.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Medals should be handed out by Asimo and miniature Gundam, seriously.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

This shitshow killing the Olympics and the cruise ship industry would be one hell of a silver lining. Still, probably not worth the 100mio dead or so, I dunno

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

I will install valves in my bronchial tree that will only allow one lung to be infected at a time.

twoday
May 4, 2005

One of those hazmat guys with the disinfectant cannon should come up to the winning athletes and spray a fine mist that paints them in whatever color of medal they won

Dog Toothbrush
Oct 21, 2019

by Reene
pneumonia really, really, really sucks even if it doesn’t kill you

twoday
May 4, 2005

the media is really ramping up the fear mongering today

https://twitter.com/ThePoke/status/1228328038405935113?s=19

https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/1228348042299965441?s=19

https://twitter.com/MichaelCBender/status/1228335868202672129?s=19

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1228349206483607552?s=19

"It's just the flu!" I scream as soldiers haul me off to a quarantine blacksite

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
70% is a conservative estimate

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
Literally just in time for trump to declare a national emergency and cancel the election

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

oxsnard posted:

Literally just in time for trump to declare a national emergency and cancel the election

twoday
May 4, 2005

oxsnard posted:

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

40% of the population with a 2% fatality rate would be 56 million people. I would imagine it would be a higher rate once health systems are overwhelmed and especially in developing countries where they barely exist in the first place and sanitation is much worse.

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747
All this cuz someone hosed a fish

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

succ posted:

All this cuz someone hosed a fish

The shape of water was supposed to be entertainment, not an instruction manual!

twoday
May 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1228167179389960192?s=19

Ogantai
Apr 21, 2003

Full of bologna

https://twitter.com/bnodesk/status/1228351793819783168?s=21

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
it's just amazing that china's economy is collapsing right before our eyes and literally nobody cares

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

oxsnard posted:

it's just amazing that china's economy is collapsing right before our eyes and literally nobody cares

Pretty sure China cares

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

That's like 1.3 billion people that care right there

twoday
May 4, 2005

This guy has been aboard the international space station since last July and is due to return to earth at an undetermined point in Spring

Dog Toothbrush
Oct 21, 2019

by Reene

oxsnard posted:

nice job promoting the yellow panic

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012

oxsnard posted:

DOW isnt even down 10 points today. that is literally the only thing americans pay attention to. Trust me, if and when the knock on effects get there and we drop 1000 points, it will be the only thing on the news 24/7

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
i meant in the west, but point taken.

they will care, eventually

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
btw the friday before a three day weekend is prime time for publicly traded companies to drop bad news, so that might be interesting this afternoon

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

twoday posted:

This guy has been aboard the international space station since last July and is due to return to earth at an undetermined point in Spring

gently caress i had a dream last night the wu came from space

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007

Sure, but they did a lot of this stuff when SARS hit too. Imagine if we had twitter back then when SARS killed almost half of everyone over 60 years of age. My wife was locked up for like two months back then when the scanners at the airport flagged her as having a fever. If we had the same level of social media back then Prester Jane would have had a heart attack after a few days of SARS news.

This is much bigger but a big part of it seems to be how ineptly the local government in Wuhan responded in the beginning. Thus the purges we see now.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
they hosed around for 3 month during sars. now for this one, they only hosed around for like 3 weeks lol

twoday
May 4, 2005

Check out all these god drat robots!

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I am excited for someone to sneeze on their hands then use a robotic and then spread the woohoo virus via robot

twoday
May 4, 2005

most of them still can't climb stairs though so we're protected

twoday fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Feb 14, 2020

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

oxsnard posted:

On the contrary, stocks care. They're up uP UP. Even Chinese ones are barely down given the circumstances.

I don't understand it either.

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Agronox posted:

On the contrary, stocks care. They're up uP UP. Even Chinese ones are barely down given the circumstances.

capitalism and number are not rational

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

twoday posted:

most of them still can't climb stairs though so we're protected

i'll only be impressed once we get the gamma ray bots

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

So their economy isn't collapsing?

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets
China is trying to go back to work but as soon as someone at a factory gets sick that buys them 14 days quarantine. Oops.

Luckyellow
Sep 25, 2007

Pillbug

Agronox posted:

The Chinese stock market doesn't really matter since the majority of the corporations are being funded by the state bank.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

CODChimera posted:

So their economy isn't collapsing?

the wuhan flu is, in fact, an engineered virus. what nobody knows is that it's engineered to keep dead bodies buying and selling stocks even long after we're dead. billions of skeletons throwing "money" at screens, dancing money dances in the stock exchanges, and partying like it's 1999 until the end of time.