Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which Nintendo character would you like to see in the next Soul Calibur game?
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 99 8.48%
Other 53 4.54%
jenna got milked 1015 86.98%
Total: 1167 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Imagine if they adapted Bloodlines instead, with its wacky clockwork knights and demonic Tower of Pisa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

I think that was a joke

But the castlevania show is good anyways

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Cowcaster posted:

"trevor? who's trevor? the name's... RICHITER"

The quality control on some of the 3ds castlevanias was p lol

quote:

I think that was a joke

What

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
Can't wait for the adaptation of Kid Dracula with young Alucard yucking it up in his dad's castle

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

Phantasium posted:

cool because that doesn't seem to really be adapting anything anymore

Yeah they're doing like the Resident Evil movies and making up their own dumb canon now and that's why it's gonna kick rear end

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

do you think that castlevania 3 was chomping jojo's flavor by deciding to establish the ancestor/descendants of a bloodline fighting vampires as the focus of iterative sequels or is it merely an example of parallel evolution

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I just spent an hour and a half planning my Icewind dale party, I will understand if no one ever wants to talk to me again

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Cowcaster posted:

do you think that castlevania 3 was chomping jojo's flavor by deciding to establish the ancestor/descendants of a bloodline fighting vampires as the focus of iterative sequels or is it merely an example of parallel evolution

I dont know anything about JoJo except what the gently caress holy shitttt, intensely lovely designs, and "oh that's a baseball"

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
you know that alucard?

it's dracula backwards.

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Trevor backwards is Rovert, which would be a more interesting name for the anime character.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

RBA Starblade posted:

I dont know anything about JoJo except what the gently caress holy shitttt, intensely lovely designs, and "oh that's a baseball"

You misspelled intensely amazing designs

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Awesome Animals posted:

Trevor backwards is Rovert, which would be a more interesting name for the anime character.

There's a really bad wrestling """"""insider"""""" named Rovert and everyone hates him and he's not allowed in the wrestling subforum and he's always mad about it on twitter he sucks.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

hatty posted:

Imagine if they adapted Bloodlines instead, with its wacky clockwork knights and demonic Tower of Pisa

There's plenty of goofy stuff in the games they've already adapted, the show is just scared of not being cool.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
AI Somnium Files is good. I believe that it will be my favorite of the two writing-heavy gameplay-light games about amnesiac cops released in 2019 that I play in February 2020.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Work computers are down and not coming back online today, so should I keep practicing Pantheon 5 in Hollow Knight or start a new game, a thing that I haven't done since all of the content updates became available?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Andrast posted:

You misspelled intensely amazing designs

No I didn't

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

C-Euro posted:

Work computers are down and not coming back online today, so should I keep practicing Pantheon 5 in Hollow Knight or start a new game, a thing that I haven't done since all of the content updates became available?

If you're at all the kind of person to enjoy grinding away at a difficult challenge then the final pantheon of hollow knight is very satisfying

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Lurdiak posted:

There's plenty of goofy stuff in the games they've already adapted, the show is just scared of not being cool.

RIP Grant

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Someday I will have such a glorious coat to call my own

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i really, really want to get into the hollow knight boss rush dlc because it was added in after i finished the game but i have so many unplayed games, so many

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Saint Freak posted:

I never noticed the snakeskin on it before

Or whatever's going on with the inside of his pants

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Saint Freak posted:

If I put a coat like that on people would think i was in the trench coat mafia and call the cops.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Cowcaster posted:

i really, really want to get into the hollow knight boss rush dlc because it was added in after i finished the game but i have so many unplayed games, so many

Those games worse than HK anyway

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
At the very least, getting far enough to see the final boss and then beating it in the practice mode is a good time and far easier than actually completing the boss rush. Some of the final pantheon variations are sick as hell fights (and also it's the only way to fight Grimm 2 if you get the alternate ending to that DLC)

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

RBA Starblade posted:

I never noticed the snakeskin on it before

Or whatever's going on with the inside of his pants

I think that's leopard fur.

Not that it answers any questions or makes it less ridiculous.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
RE: Kingdom Come

Free is too much to play a game by a oval office

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

what don't you have a pair of crotchless jeans that you decided you wanted to wear in public so you hastily studded some leather to it to cover up your naughty bits

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Cowcaster posted:

i'd throw my bet on this season ends with post credits scene of alucard going to sleep only to be rudely awoken by a belmont knocking at his coffin

"trevor i thought i told you to leave me alone"

"trevor? who's trevor? the name's... RICHTER"

smash cut to:

THE BELMONTS WILL RETURN... IN CASTLEVANIA SEASON 4

the problem with that is they already told the whole of sotn's story in the first two seasons

i want to know what they're doing with hector and isaac. isaac has been made more cool and is like this death/shaft hybrid, but then they went and made hector this weird bitch-baby

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

There's a really bad wrestling """"""insider"""""" named Rovert and everyone hates him and he's not allowed in the wrestling subforum and he's always mad about it on twitter he sucks.

Rovert speller backwards is Trevor. Could that be their real name?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

technically castlevania 3's story, of which symphony of the night was a copy paste

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

well, all of castlevania being a copy paste i guess

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Julius' design is just the crazy kind of fashion everyone will wear in 2035

(I think he's just supposed to be Iga though)

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Cowcaster posted:

technically castlevania 3's story, of which symphony of the night was a copy paste

not really, you get nothing about his mother in the old nes game.

i'm not saying there was a lot of plot to take from sotn, just that they took it already.

no, the copy paste is hector's reason for going back to the castle in curse of darkness just being "we also got your wife burned at the stake just like dracula's"

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i legitimately had no idea hector or isaac weren't characters warren ellis came up with whole cloth. is the viking vampire a real character too?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

They should take advantage of the smash bump + make it all about Richter

maybe throw in byleth/king k rool/isabelle too

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
I think Remedy is doing the thing where you have a success after a long drought and immediately overextend, ultimately leading to your demise?

quote:

Remedy has three games in development, including its own live service game

https://www.pcgamer.com/remedy-has-three-games-in-development-including-its-own-live-service-game/

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I didn't know the Castlevania artist drew something for Bloodstained, that's cool

i should really buy it one of these days - it was on way more goty lists than I was expecting in Rarity's thread

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I really liked Bloodstained but hoo boy were there some lovely designs in that game

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

it was fine but the fact that it was a smaller studio working together for the first time and bit off more than they could chew with a massive kickstarter drive shines through pretty hard in the final product

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

cheetah7071 posted:

If you're at all the kind of person to enjoy grinding away at a difficult challenge then the final pantheon of hollow knight is very satisfying

I am enjoying Godhome but it's also been two years since I started a new game, and I feel like quite a few things must have changed by now.

Cowcaster posted:

It's good, it feels really tough at first but with a little practice it all clicks together. And like cheetah said you get some really great new bosses and variations on old bosses to fight in the process.