Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

oldpainless posted:

All of these judge shows on during the day where the judge basically denigrates and insults people in small claims courts are such trash. I hate them.

There are a series of posts here called "who's on judge mathis today?" and I binge-read them all in, like, two sittings. They are hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.
The best taco shell is a hard shell that's wrapped with a soft shell, held together by refried beans. You get the structural integrity of a soft shell, and the crunch of a hard shell. Best of both worlds.

You may also use guacamole to hold the shells together.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
"Two Princes" by Spin Doctors is simultaneously tthe best and worst song of all time.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Master Twig posted:

The best taco shell is a hard shell that's wrapped with a soft shell, held together by refried beans. You get the structural integrity of a soft shell, and the crunch of a hard shell. Best of both worlds.

You may also use guacamole to hold the shells together.

Pretty sure Taco Bell has this.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

"Two Princes" by Spin Doctors is simultaneously tthe best and worst song of all time.
It's up there. It's hard to avoid that infectious 90s "I don't have real problems and know it" energy.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

mind the walrus posted:

It's up there. It's hard to avoid that infectious 90s "I don't have real problems and know it" energy.

Flagpole Sittah has the same kinda energy, a bit.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

More like that's the tail end of that era-- Flagpole came out the same year as Fight Club and Office Space, right behind The Matrix and American Beauty, which form a beautiful quadrilogy of "white dudes upset that they don't have bigger problems, until they have bigger problems" movies. That era was firmly ended by 9/11, for better and for worse.

"Two Princes" was at the start of that era where poo poo was largely good for most people in the US, even for people like me whose family didn't have any money at that time.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

mind the walrus posted:

I immediately thought of Third Eye Blind - Semi-Charmed Life upon reading this post

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

JollyBoyJohn posted:

I immediately thought of Third Eye Blind - Semi-Charmed Life upon reading this post

That ones about being hooked on meth, I think that qualifies as a real problem.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

That problem being when you run out of meth for awhile

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

JollyBoyJohn posted:

The song doesn't really hit its true meaning and potential until you listen to the cover by Alvin and the Chipmunks. Which has no altered lyrics.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Voyager was the best star trek series :colbert:

It had some terrible misses, like the boxing episode or the one with the Rock, but it was mostly good.

Year of hell, the WWII holodeck stuff, the armored Voyager, alternate history Voyager...all great.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I pity the Trek-fan dumb enough to argue with your opinion in 2020. That show has had more autopsies and retrospectives than Kennedy.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
Voyager had some fantastic ideas but those were balanced out by Voyager also having colossally stupid ideas.

Trapick
Apr 17, 2006

Faustian Bargain posted:

the one with the Rock
Hey you hosed up and didn't include this in the top 5 best Voyager episodes, your keyboard must have slipped.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Seriouspost: Sorry OP but it's this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPyhlybViJw

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

oldpainless posted:

That problem being when you run out of meth for awhile

More like oldtoothless

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Master Twig posted:

The song doesn't really hit its true meaning and potential until you listen to the cover by Alvin and the Chipmunks. Which has no altered lyrics.

Alvin and the Chipmunks sang "she comes round and she goes down on me", "doing crystal myth will lift you up until you break" and "how do I get back there to the place where I fell asleep inside you?"?

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

Tiggum posted:

Alvin and the Chipmunks sang "she comes round and she goes down on me", "doing crystal myth will lift you up until you break" and "how do I get back there to the place where I fell asleep inside you?"?

I did a bit more research. I was incorrect. They did in fact alter the lyrics. But they're uh... still not great. . "how do I get back there to the place where I fell asleep inside you?" made the cut.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

More jobs should have weather delays, just due to how long it can take to drive to work if the roads are terrible and all the accidents you have to avoid.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Tests are supposed to test how much you know. Therefore studying for them is cheating.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Jerry Cotton posted:

Tests are supposed to test how much you know. Therefore studying for them is cheating.

Corollary: As a professor of mine was fond of saying, you learn more from a wrong answer than a right one. Therefore you should not get penalized for wrong answers. I haven't decided whether or not you should get penalized for right answers under this model but probably.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Classmates should be able to help each during tests

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Gripweed posted:

Classmates should be able to help each during tests

If course they should. The just aren't allowed to.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Classmates should help each other during tests, however it should still be officially forbidden and punished if caught. Learning how to outmaneuver the system is part of the test.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

docbeard posted:

Corollary: As a professor of mine was fond of saying, you learn more from a wrong answer than a right one. Therefore you should not get penalized for wrong answers. I haven't decided whether or not you should get penalized for right answers under this model but probably.

We had a prof who'd give you an A for the whole course if you got every single multiple choice wrong on any test, and left blank the essay portion, but gave you your earned grade if you got anything right. One guy managed it.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

christmas boots posted:

Classmates should help each other during tests, however it should still be officially forbidden and punished if caught. Learning how to outmaneuver the system is part of the test.

And when Spartans are given ritual tests of manhood they should be encouraged to steal food to survive, but viciously whipped in public if caught.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

christmas boots posted:

Yeah I also saw that episode of Naruto

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

mind the walrus posted:

And when Spartans are given ritual tests of manhood they should be encouraged to steal food to survive, but viciously whipped in public if caught.

I mean I'd probably just give them an F.

Gripweed posted:

Yeah I also saw that episode of Naruto

no hokages no masters

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

by the sex ghost

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

We had a prof who'd give you an A for the whole course if you got every single multiple choice wrong on any test, and left blank the essay portion, but gave you your earned grade if you got anything right. One guy managed it.

Haha shooting the moon

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

This is going to sound like a joke or a bit, but it's not, it is 100% my genuine opinion. Hell, it's not even an opinion, it's a fact. If you want a weapon for home defense, a halberd is a better option than any firearm. You hear somebody break in, what do you do? Do you fumble with your gun safe, trying to remember the combination and unlock it in the dark, then fumble with the bullets and load your gun in the dark too? Or do you just grab you halberd off the wall? If you got your gun I hope you line alone in your house. If you have family members or neighbors I hope you're totally OK with the chance one of your bullets will go through the wall and into their lungs and they'll drown in their own blood because you decided a gun was "cooler" than a halberd. You have a gun, the intruder sees you, he rushes you, what do you do? Better hope you don't miss, better hope you actually can fire a gun at another person even though people in literal wars often can't. But if you have a halberd, he's not gonna rush you because you have a loving giant metal spike pointed directly at him. A halberd keeps your opponent at a distance better than any gun.

It is inarguable that a halberd is a better weapon for home defense than a gun. Anyone who disagrees has been brainwashed by the NRA, just likes to imagine themself as a movie hero, or is secretly praying for a second civil war.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

:hmmyes:

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
My plan for defending my home if I'm ever attacked there is to poo poo myself, whimper in the corner, and give the burglar whatever he wants.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

ToxicSlurpee posted:

My plan for defending my home if I'm ever attacked there is to poo poo myself, whimper in the corner, and give the burglar whatever he wants.

That is a much better plan than buying a gun

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

just get a shotgun

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

hawowanlawow posted:

just get a shotgun

That only solves the penetration issue, none of the other problems I brought up

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I'll join the NHA if you start it

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

keep it loaded and don't lock it up, idk

I don't have any home defense weapons but if I did I'd just get a $250 shotgun and keep it under the bed or whatever

phuo: if you're paranoid about intruders just get bars on your windows and nice doors

we had a heavy duty screen door we took off some projects that got demolished and that thing would repel a fire axe

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

hawowanlawow posted:

keep it loaded and don't lock it up, idk

OK, congratulations, your son found it and accidentally killed your other son with it. Great job, you've completely destroyed your family because you wouldn't buy a loving halberd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

If we’re working with a budget is a poleaxe acceptable?