Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Sickening posted:

They are milking the EDH crowd really hard right now.

Good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
can't believe this product selling special single copies of cards is appealing to singleton players

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

sit on my Facebook posted:

I frankly don't think it's possible to portray American westward expansion in a positive non-problematic way if you're already trivializing it to the degree of using it as a theme in your children's card game, and the same is true of the Spanish conquest

I'm not gonna, like, write a Letter to the Editor about it but if I were making those decisions I wouldn't touch that poo poo at all

Unforgiven is an example of a western that doesn't actually get into westward expansion and I think that take would be acceptable for a plane, to me at least

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I’m building a combined Theros block cube and so that secret lair bundle is screaming my name but I’m just not at the point in my life where spending $150 on 15 pieces of extremely warped shiny cardboard would make me feel any kind of good about myself.

But good lord I just sold a bunch of legacy and commander foils on EBay and my Paypal account is lookin’ thick...

stump collector
May 28, 2007
No need to burn your money twice

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Bust Rodd posted:

I’m building a combined Theros block cube and so that secret lair bundle is screaming my name but I’m just not at the point in my life where spending $150 on 15 pieces of extremely warped shiny cardboard would make me feel any kind of good about myself.

But good lord I just sold a bunch of legacy and commander foils on EBay and my Paypal account is lookin’ thick...

As of today I have sold 13k in singles on tcgplayer alone. Feeeeeels great.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I’d probably buy another set of cards based on real world locations. Shame they don’t add to the APAC/euro sets

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Considering my first "real" EDH deck (and one I'm still using) is 5 color Theros Enchantress, this is kind of perfect. I already got (non-foil) constellation copy of the new god cards. Might as well complete the set.
And, hey. At least $10 a pop isn't really a bad price I tell myself as I slowly turn into a corncob

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Looking at the source code for Secret Lair's order page and lmao, they just assume your last name is between 2 and 20 characters and doesn't have any spaces in there? I can't even order because welp, my name doesn't match WotC's idea of names.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

https://twitter.com/PVDDR/status/1225534302747840513

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Jeoh posted:

if you get all of them they make a perfect circle

look its even got some foils as the art

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS
This presentation for Worlds is absolutely hideous.

Also 65000 viewers hilariously wrong

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

80s James Hetfield posted:

This presentation for Worlds is absolutely hideous.

Also 65000 viewers hilariously wrong

Embedded fuckery again. They will however miss report it as a huge success.

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year
I’ve only followed pro magic recently but a 16 person World Championship feels like a really tiny field. For a while they had like hundreds of players competing didn’t they?

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

Sickening posted:

Embedded fuckery again. They will however miss report it as a huge success.

Yeah I get that for sure, it's just funny to see that # and compare it to the last 2 weeks of events where they were lucky to crack 5500 viewers

Paper, while annoying in it's own ways (card flickering, etc) is just a more watchable experience with being able to see different lands, card art (I saw like the last 2 draft matches matches and I assume they're forcing everyone to use the constellation lands), player interaction, excitable topdecking and slamming cards (ok this doesn't happen a whole lot but still)

The commentary sounds like they're on Skype and the guys wearing headphones staring ahead in the corners of the screen stonefaced is just a piss poor viewing experience

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

I really like everyone knowing exactly what cards are in play and in their hands. Jesus Christ the glare from paper games is bad.

They should disallow sleeves. :colbert:

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
I can't stand watching coverage in Paper. I usually am not very familiar with the decks and typical board states and it's almost impossible to figure out what's going on because of how fast people play and camera angles. Gimme everything on Arena where I can read all the cards and see the board state clearly.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Mike N Eich posted:

I’ve only followed pro magic recently but a 16 person World Championship feels like a really tiny field. For a while they had like hundreds of players competing didn’t they?

For world's? That's always been smaller.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

odiv posted:

They should disallow sleeves. :colbert:
Aren't there sleeves now that intentionally don't glare? I swear those came up when I was going through sleeves reviews.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

Mike N Eich posted:

It's been that small since 2012. I prefer this player count for the tourney, every match you play should be against one of the best in the world.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Spiderdrake posted:

Aren't there sleeves now that intentionally don't glare? I swear those came up when I was going through sleeves reviews.

how about sleeves that intentionally glare more?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
kinda silly that the big magic tournament doesn't have live card previews (i think because of the handcam?)

my bad, it's a "timewalk" replay

e:and did they get rid of the "advantage bar"?

Rinkles fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Feb 15, 2020

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

fadam posted:

It’s not the game’s fault that alt-right shitheads are allowed to play it. If I load a million copies of The Hate U Give into a catapult and launch them at a woman’s shelter that doesn’t make the book misogynist.

It's definitely the game's fault that they put a suffragette out there killable for any little turd much like how it would be not great if WOTC made a set where you could just unironically play the Nazis even if they were like, Really Evil in the fluff.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Almost didn't go to Modern FNM since my last 2 decks were banned, but last minute I threw something together half-remembered from a previous vampire deck. Beat Vengevine, Storm, Wilderness Teachings and some monored artifact thing to 4-0 it. So I guess I'm just the best player on Earth ?

This is the most I've thought about modern for a while for a bit, the first version of the deck I saw online came round in Hogaak summer and before Sorin, Imperious Bloodlord. As it is the deck can do a decent amount of drawing and got to the point enough synergy is in play you can take over. But it doesn't main Knight of the Ebon Legion or Fatal Push, which seems off. Possibly right though, maybe need to focus on my own thing.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

See now I'm curious about how monored artifacts could possibly be a thing

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Froghammer posted:

Without knowing anything about it I’d assume it’s some kind of affinity-like aggro deck running galvanic blasts and shrapnel blasts to steal close games.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Just a heads up. Saturday is where the action is.

https://twitter.com/lsv/status/1228391111661514752

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Froghammer posted:

I've seen one as a bomberman type deck that played loads of 0 cost artifacts, got them back from the yard then grapeshotted

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

The new secret lair is almost decent, but why the gently caress is it $40/for THREE cards? What, they couldn't afford to put the appropriate Dictates of each God in the boxes with them?

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Silhouette posted:

The new secret lair is almost decent, but why the gently caress is it $40/for THREE cards? What, they couldn't afford to put the appropriate Dictates of each God in the boxes with them?

Easy answer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XGAmPRxV48

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
did they fix the customs problems? last time I heard people overseas paid 30 bux or more fees on top, and im really hesitant (but I want that Thassa :( )

edit I checked so it's 40 bux plus 28 bux shipping and customs for one set, no thanks

Goa Tse-tung fucked around with this message at 11:42 on Feb 15, 2020

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000
That's not a customs problem, it's working as intended.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

If you're ordering from outside of the US it should list "Duties, Taxes & Fees applied on this order ($51.01)" if WotC is gonna handle it, so you shouldn't be getting ratfucked again.

From the FAQ:

"Where can Secret Lair drops be shipped?
Purchases can be shipped to the following locations:

Domestic Shipping:
United States

Taxes, Tariffs, and Custom Fees are paid on purchase.
Australia, Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Germany, Denmark, Spain, Finland, France, Greece, Croatia, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Sweden, Slovenia, Slovakia, United Kingdom.

Your local post office or customs exchange may require additional payment to release the product when it arrives in your region.
Argentina, Canada, China, Hong Kong, Japan, Macao, Mexico, New Zealand, Norway, Switzerland, South Korea, Taiwan, Vietnam.

For any other regions around the world, please know that we are working on expanding our global reach to additional locations in a legally compliant way that also provides a good user experience. You are not forgotten."

kalvanoo
Apr 29, 2018

look at this lil perv
is there a way to get scryfall to list every card in multiple blocks/sets? whenever i select the blocks/sets i want and hit search the results are empty.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Did they ever explain why Ranked draft went back to rotating on Arena? Definitely feels like a step backwards in terms of giving people more appealing play options.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Mat Cauthon posted:

Did they ever explain why Ranked draft went back to rotating on Arena? Definitely feels like a step backwards in terms of giving people more appealing play options.

Their reasoning was twofold: time off gives them more time to run data analysis and improve the draft bots, and their stats showed people were just falling off from drafting overall with a single draft being always-active compared to when it rotated. iirc their post explaining it said that it could change again in the future, especially when they get to releasing their expanded draft features this year

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Also has the side benefit of griefing rare drafters

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

kalvanoo posted:

is there a way to get scryfall to list every card in multiple blocks/sets? whenever i select the blocks/sets i want and hit search the results are empty.

(e:grn or e:rna or b:rav or b:rtr)

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1MIodZhvpFClvuAZG99Dg9qMFejz8ggSB6Dpt5ahTmGo

Effectively only the current top 4 stand a reasonable chance (23.98%) of winning Worlds, everyone else is hosed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

kalvanoo posted:

Can separate them with commas, for example e:thb,eld gives you everything from Eldraine and Theros II

block:xxx where xxx is a set code will give you everything from the block that contains that set, for example block:kld gives you Kaladesh and Aether Revolt cards. Weirdly enough, block:grn gives you everything from GRN, RNA, and WAR even though I'm not sure they were officially a set block.