Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which Nintendo character would you like to see in the next Soul Calibur game?
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 99 8.48%
Other 53 4.54%
jenna got milked 1015 86.98%
Total: 1167 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

That ff7 intro is really laying it on thick, when Aeris looked at the flower all sad I was like, “Yeah ok I get it”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
https://twitter.com/alex_navarro/status/1228453364335304704

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

That ff7 intro is really laying it on thick, when Aeris looked at the flower all sad I was like, “Yeah ok I get it”

FF7 is extremely political and I'm kind of curious how it's going to be received nowadays.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Grapplejack posted:

FF7 is extremely political and I'm kind of curious how it's going to be received nowadays.

Yeah I realized recently that FF7R is perfectly timed to hammer on a new generation's eco-radicalism

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Yeah I realized recently that FF7R is perfectly timed to hammer on a new generation's eco-radicalism

Unfortunately the eco-radicalism is being removed from the remake. The demo for example changes it so that Avalanche are not terrorist, but instead the mako reactor is blown up by that big evil corporation that controls it.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Happy Black History Month gamers

https://twitter.com/oneunited/status/1228000136867045376

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I said come in! posted:

Unfortunately the eco-radicalism is being removed from the remake. The demo for example changes it so that Avalanche are not terrorist, but instead the mako reactor is blown up by that big evil corporation that controls it.

Hmm I read the change and I will wait and see but it doesn't seem like it blunts the message on its own, Avalanche is still committed to direct action but they didn't want to kill civilians, whereas the corporation doesn't care how many people die if it makes their enemies look bad, which is a 2020 mood.

Better than going "both sides" in this day and age

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Angry Joe... likes the Sonic movie?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scBS9ZsDeoE

Didn't see that coming. It may actually be okay.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

searching for isabelle pics with safesearch off is not a good idea

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Zaphod42 posted:

The Sonic movie is good!!!!!!!!!!

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Zaphod42 posted:

Angry Joe... likes the Sonic movie?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scBS9ZsDeoE

this means its bad, dang, that sucks. better luck next tim ei guess.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Macaluso posted:

The Sonic movie is good!!!!!!!!!!

And the studio that did the CG shut down :smith:

Hollywood really treats them like poo poo

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
To be fair, Angered Joe is a bastion of insightful critique

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Is it really an "angry" review in that case

Zaphod42 posted:

And the studio that did the CG shut down :smith:

Hollywood really treats them like poo poo

The push to make filming as short as possible and doing everything with post-production CGI is mainly because production personnel are unionized and VFX workers are not

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Is it really an "angry" review in that case
hes angry how good the movie is

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Relax Or DIE posted:

To be fair, Angered Joe is a bastion of insightful critique

any youtube channel that uses angry [name or subculture] is bad

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

homeless snail posted:

searching for isabelle pics with safesearch off is not a good idea

Google tailors results to your personal history.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Does the Angry Video Game Nerd still do things? Is he still Angry

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Does the Angry Video Game Nerd still do things? Is he still Angry

Yes and yes, although much less so. The humor has grown up with him and is less about just how many dick jokes he can say as fast as possible.

James is alright.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Google tailors results to your personal history.
well i searched for isabelle gif and it gave me a pixel art animation of her titfucking a villager (and also she had enormous breasts)

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

He’s the angry video game jock now

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Angry Video Game Nerd is awesome. To my knowledge he has never had a controversial moment, or slip up with using gamer words.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I tried watching some angry Joe reviews once but they all had these really long and not funny skits

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

repenting every day for the 6 months I was watching the spoony guy

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

homeless snail posted:

well i searched for isabelle gif and it gave me a pixel art animation of her titfucking a villager (and also she had enormous breasts)

weird this is the only result for me

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i dont like performative angriness and ive realised typing this out this could sound really bad but i only mean it literally where its a performance because you are a man reviewing video games and call yourself angry and i dont think people getting legitimately angry over things are being performative thank you for understanding

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I thought angry reviewer stuff died before 2010

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Help Im Alive posted:

repenting every day for the 6 months I was watching the spoony guy

I watched his Ultima retrospective a while ago and was like "oh that was kinda okay" but then I watched the Down the Rabbit Hole episode about him and fuckin :yikes:

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Hey VideoGames I've got a new avatar for you

https://twitter.com/JamesTurner_42/status/1228467978368217088?s=09

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Kerrzhe posted:

this was cool until they showed the chick by the train with the fuckin molded torpedo tit armor and then fuckin cloud coming in at the end looking so unbelievably anime i just started laughing

torpedo tits have waited like 40 years to come back into vogue. plus, that design is a great nod to the original game, where everything was made of pointy.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

shouldve stuck with the old weird 90s fake orchestral music over a real orchestra

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

precision posted:

I tried watching some angry Joe reviews once but they all had these really long and not funny skits

His skits are the weakest part I agree, but I can't fault him for trying to produce some original content. poo poo's hard man.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Someone who worked on the Sonic movie just posted this in the Sonic thread

Robot Style posted:

They weren't even in the original version of the movie. After Hesse came on board, the prologue was redone and the Echidnas were added. Originally baby Sonic lived in a castle powered by a chaos emerald, which was attacked by an army of space lizardmen.

For those not clicking the spoiler: Tyson Hesse is a hero.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Yeah right, he only made that call to legitimize his OC Knuckles ripoffs.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Khanstant posted:

Yeah right, he only made that call to legitimize his OC Knuckles ripoffs.

Tyson Hesse is not Ken Penders

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Ometeotl posted:

Tyson Hesse is not Ken Penders

how do we know that

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Because he's a good artist and a good storyteller and not some weird D&D boomer pervert with daddy issues.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Happy Feb 15th aka Cheap Chocolate Day

Have some Mr Oizo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ad6SxduZfis

Friend wants to get matching tattoos, as there's an expo coming up, but she's a massive wuss so I'll believe it when she makes a booking.
Already made another booking to work on another tattoo I've wanted for a bit and I'm pretty hype to see what my artist comes up with.

Tats are cool

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Stux posted:

amazing music, character designs, story and combat, a perfect game nearly wow. S+! would play again!

This is still a good post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Stux posted:

i dont like performative angriness and ive realised typing this out this could sound really bad but i only mean it literally where its a performance because you are a man reviewing video games and call yourself angry and i dont think people getting legitimately angry over things are being performative thank you for understanding

This was that Boogie guy who turned out to be a fascist who beat his wife and almost killed their dog one time.