Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which Nintendo character would you like to see in the next Soul Calibur game?
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 99 8.48%
Other 53 4.54%
jenna got milked 1015 86.98%
Total: 1167 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Jay Rust posted:

I’ve been playing a bit of Super Smash Bros Ultimate and all of the Sonic spirit fights include music with very self-serious lyrics, its a little embarrassing.

Im gonna keep equating sonic with kingdom hearts, both are series that I would call grotesque and remarkably uncool but that somehow manage to have sizeable fandoms

Perhaps you should open your heart, friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

John Murdoch posted:

Perhaps you should open your heart, DUUUUUDE

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Oh my god I just now got that Devil May Cry is a play on Devil May Care

:negative:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
It is still weird that open your heart plays during the first phase of perfect chaos but the second phase (which also weirdly is just the first phase again) has this ominous music playing that is less "hell yeah gonna kick some rear end" and more "oh no the world is hosed what are we gonna do"

Also still weird is how selecting super sonic's story in that game just makes a weird "UH!" noise.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

FirstAidKite posted:

It is still weird that open your heart plays during the first phase of perfect chaos but the second phase (which also weirdly is just the first phase again) has this ominous music playing that is less "hell yeah gonna kick some rear end" and more "oh no the world is hosed what are we gonna do"

they should have played in opposite order

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

If SHINRA blows up the reactor then what are Cloud and his crew doing there in the first place?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Wamdoodle posted:

Also the cool glitch where you make Sonic smash into Perfect Chaos' chin should have done more damage.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

If SHINRA blows up the reactor then what are Cloud and his crew doing there in the first place?

They're gonna hold placards and maybe one of them will chain themselves to it.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I assume it's Hollywood logic where they are there to blow it up but SHINRA does it first so it's all good.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Please inject Isabelle buying Doom, and Doomguy buying Animal Crossing memes directly into my veins. Namaste.

https://twitter.com/Mengo923/status/1228138580595396609

Also pro-music click.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7_nwLzjiME

Hermitude as a feature on an Odette track :swoon:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
lmao how in the world is the PS4 version of Ms. Pac-Man 800 megabytes

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

798MB for whatever emulator they're using then 2MB for the game

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I guess, though I'm pretty sure Ms pacman is like 24k at most

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Uncompressed bleeps

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Online features.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

4K texture pack

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

An attract mode that's actually just an uncompressed 4k video.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

homeless snail posted:

searching for isabelle pics with safesearch off is not a good idea

Isabelle can be very crude :ohdear:

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
The newest sokpop game is basically a MUD so it really is making a come back this year like that banner ad says.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Just saw Ikumi Nakumara on Twitter recommend "Ruiner" by Reikon Games (published by Devolver), and it definitely looks like my jam. Anyone play this and would also recommend?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

PunkBoy posted:

Just saw Ikumi Nakumara on Twitter recommend "Ruiner" by Reikon Games (published by Devolver), and it definitely looks like my jam. Anyone play this and would also recommend?

it's actually not great by most accounts. i can definitely see nakumura loving the aesthetics of it, but the gameplay is supposed to be pretty clumsy

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Wamdoodle posted:

this

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

Oxxidation posted:

it's actually not great by most accounts. i can definitely see nakumura loving the aesthetics of it, but the gameplay is supposed to be pretty clumsy

drat, that's disappointing. I'll wait for a discount then. Thanks for the heads up!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

PunkBoy posted:

It is top to bottom underwhelming outside of aesthetics. Weak hub elements, middling combat, and repetitive stages. Combine that with a story that is purposefully obfuscated and underdeveloped that is at the last minute tasked with carrying a heavy philosophical load and plot twist that it buckles like a papermache house in the rain and youve a game that I can say I beat and never once thought about again.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

precision posted:

lmao how in the world is the PS4 version of Ms. Pac-Man 800 megabytes

doom ii (1994) is half a gig on switch. the wad file is 14 MB

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Probably an emulator of some kind packed in there.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
And a Unity front end

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I can't think of a specific example but I feel like I've seen people worry a game might be bad because the file size was small so maybe it's for the best

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Jay Rust posted:

I’ve been playing a bit of Super Smash Bros Ultimate and all of the Sonic spirit fights include music with very self-serious lyrics, its a little embarrassing.

Im gonna keep equating sonic with kingdom hearts, both are series that I would call grotesque and remarkably uncool but that somehow manage to have sizeable fandoms

https://youtu.be/EYW7-hNXZlM

That's a jam, comeon

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

in the original game we got, when you get to the hideout Jessie says something about how she followed a design she got on the Internet to make the bomb, and seems to think she did it incorrectly. it's a little muddled though because the translation's not great.

I wonder if this part in FF7R is a change to make AVALANCHE less culpable for innocent deaths or just an expansion on whatever that had been about

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

SHINRA shoots all the innocent reactor workers before AVALANCHE's bomb goes off

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

I am really curious to see how they're going to deal with the plate drop, because I can't imagine that they'll make the Turks be unforgivable mass murderers.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Ruiner is a beautiful game with an amazing soundtrack and atmosphere but it really sucks to play

In some alternate timeline where Hotline Miami doesn't exist I'd be singing its praises but Ruiner's gameplay is so clunky it's hard to ever recommend

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

Yeah, I looked up the OST on YouTube and I really liked what I heard. Shame about the rest of the game.

EDIT: That got me in the mood to find the Neotokyo OST again. That was also a great cyberpunk soundtrack.

PunkBoy fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Feb 15, 2020

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Okay Sonic was actually decent and they tossed in a ton of sequel bait without being boring or overwhelming. It’s weird I live in a time where there’s good Sonic stuff and none of it is made internally by Sega.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

If you’re the type of person to see a sonic movie on opening weekend your opinion is highly suspect!!!

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
I loved Pillars of Eternity

Jay Rust posted:

I just spent an hour and a half planning my Icewind dale party, I will understand if no one ever wants to talk to me again
Hello,

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

If you have an AMC subscription service or the equivalent you might end up watching movies you wouldn't otherwise just because it's technically free.

That's why I saw The Rhythm Section which is probably one of the worst movies I've seen in theaters

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

If you’re the type of person to see a sonic movie on opening weekend your opinion is highly suspect!!!

Premium 21+ seats too. I’m not watching Sonic with screaming kids around me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

al-azad posted:

Premium 21+ seats too. I’m not watching Sonic with screaming kids around me.

This was you wasnt it
https://twitter.com/smurfdanceparty/status/1228156509521141760?s=19