Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fad
Nov 13, 2002

I dont care.
JR irritates me with his constant talk about money and pay windows, like 80% of the roster weren’t working for lottery tickets and gas station hamburgers last year because they love wrestling. It’s just tacky to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it sucked that commentators ever stopped talking about money for winning matches. it's just so easy and relatable

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Feb 15, 2020

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Brad Shepard is horrible and should be ignored but he managed to have the worst of the transphobic takes coming out of Nyla's win.

https://twitter.com/GenoMrosko/status/1228430150989238274

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

MassRafTer posted:

Brad Shepard is horrible and should be ignored but he managed to have the worst of the transphobic takes coming out of Nyla's win.

https://twitter.com/GenoMrosko/status/1228430150989238274

Six seconds was all I could take. Gonna check with my novelty brass knuckle makers about getting a Trans Rights set.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Wrestlers working for the money is a heel move. That’s why ROMAN said Brock only wrestled for money and not the fans.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
My conspiracy theory take on that is that a lot of promotions lean into that in order to make wrestlers that campaign for increased pay and better conditions look bad to wrestling fans: I've seen plenty of people replying to Starr campaigning for stuff with "people should wrestle because they love it and not for money!!!"

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Since I've seen so many wrestling fans stand up for a company that doesn't give a gently caress about its employees, it's made me wonder something. Is there anybody who stans for Amazon the way people do for WWE?

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

The mayor of Seattle.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
...these people ARE aware that wrestling is fictional & that Nyla doesn’t have any unfair advantages whatsoever, right?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

dsriggs posted:

...these people ARE aware that wrestling is fictional & that Nyla doesn’t have any unfair advantages whatsoever, right?

don't even fall for the argument that trans women have an advantage over cis women in real competitions, please, it's not true

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

dsriggs posted:

Look, I don't think you understand. Trans people, if that is indeed their real name, are icky and gross and the entire universe is obligated to bend over backwards cater to my own personal biases and hang-ups! Do I need to write a picture? Gosh!

What do you mean "get the gently caress over it?"

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
If Nyla Rose is allowed to “compete” as a woman, the imbeciles bleat, it will destroy the suspension of disbelief, even though these people have no trouble suspending disbelief to enjoy matches by an undead mortician, a dentist-turned-pyromaniac, a “fiend” in a Halloween mask, and an assortment of other preposterous characters upon which the entire enterprise of modern professional wrestling has been established.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.

Dangerous Person posted:

Since I've seen so many wrestling fans stand up for a company that doesn't give a gently caress about its employees, it's made me wonder something. Is there anybody who stans for Amazon the way people do for WWE?

You can find it for any and every company and every major sport. It’s not unique to WWE

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

TinTower posted:

If Nyla Rose is allowed to “compete” as a woman, the imbeciles bleat, it will destroy the suspension of disbelief, even though these people have no trouble suspending disbelief to enjoy matches by an undead mortician, a dentist-turned-pyromaniac, a “fiend” in a Halloween mask, and an assortment of other preposterous characters upon which the entire enterprise of modern professional wrestling has been established.

Literally their line of argument could be applied to Rey Mysterio wrestling heavyweights and it would be just as absurd.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

illcendiary posted:

You can find it for any and every company and every major sport. It’s not unique to WWE

NFL fans constantly complain about not having helmet to helmet hits anymore has made the game "soft" and that the players are entitled babies.

And then you have this:

https://www.amazon.com/Brainwashed-Science-Behind-Destroy-Football-ebook/dp/B07JN1XS9Q

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008

Pinche Rudo posted:

NFL fans constantly complain about not having helmet to helmet hits anymore has made the game "soft" and that the players are entitled babies.

And then you have this:

https://www.amazon.com/Brainwashed-Science-Behind-Destroy-Football-ebook/dp/B07JN1XS9Q

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
This Nyla Rose thing is so so dumb even for pro wrestling fans. The entire concept of an unfair advantage in a worked sport just baffles my mind. But really that's just an excuse they use to cover their bigotry.

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008
You need testicles to hulk up and beat people twice or thrice as large as you or when fighting multiple opponents it's a simple scientific fact this is unfair for our natural grappling damsels in the legitimate sport of pro wrastling.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
The "transwomen have an unfair advantage" argument is dumb in any sport. If you're to become one of the best in the world in any given activity you absolutely have had advantages, inherent or otherwise, that most other people don't. Yet somehow all that is never cited as "unfair", for some strange reason (p.s. the reason in bigotry).

E: Even if it were true, that is.

Cerebral Bore fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Feb 15, 2020

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

While there are issues with methodology that comes from sample size (not many openly transwoman athletes, I guess), but IIRC, studies done indicate that transwomen do worse in sports where muscle strength is a significant factor, compared to their pre-transition records, and by the time they've fulfilled the IOC's requirement of 12 months of HRT, there's no significant difference between their bodies and a cis woman's body, with some exceptions like the plumbing downstairs.

NOT THAT IT SHOULD loving MATTER IN A FAKE SPORT, FOR gently caress'S SAKE.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Broken and geriatric men come out of retirement and have competitive matches with guys half their age in wrestling and no one ever bats an eye.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Vagabundo posted:

While there are issues with methodology that comes from sample size (not many openly transwoman athletes, I guess), but IIRC, studies done indicate that transwomen do worse in sports where muscle strength is a significant factor, compared to their pre-transition records, and by the time they've fulfilled the IOC's requirement of 12 months of HRT, there's no significant difference between their bodies and a cis woman's body, with some exceptions like the plumbing downstairs.

this is correct and thank you for the followup to my post earlier, i'm stuck on mobile for a bit and couldn't easily bring the details up

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Vagabundo posted:

My "favourite" bullshit like this is when members of the "it's biology 101" crowd say things like "Transwomen have an unfair advantage because they have testosterone in their system".

Any adult human who doesn't have testosterone in their system needs to go to the doctor now because they're very very sick.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Basically these are all bad-faith arguments from dipshits who think that South Park episode where Cartman scammed his way onto the Special Olympics team was a documentary.

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008

JT Smiley posted:

Broken and geriatric men come out of retirement and have competitive matches with guys half their age in wrestling and no one ever bats an eye.

Old man strength!

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
These are the kinds of idiots that sat through Moolah, Harvey Whippleman, James Ellsworth, etc to now complain about the sanctity of the Women’s Championship because they believe they finally have a point.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

If Nyla proclaims herself a chair leg, she’s a loving chair leg. Why should I even waste my time debating this stuff? Particularly with people that aren’t even remotely close to Nyla.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Nyla Rose is far, far more of a lady than any of these twitter goblins gibbering about chromosomes and muscle strength are gentlemen; and I wonder sometimes if maybe on some level they know it too

SatansOnion fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Feb 16, 2020

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

SatansOnion posted:

Nyla Rose is far, far more of a lady than any of these twitter goblins gibbering about chromosomes and muscle strength are gentlemen; and I wonder if maybe on some level they know it too

That's really social media trolls in a nutshell. Lots of inadequacy projection. Thing is instead of seeking therapy to deal with it they self medicate with spewing garbage on social media. It really is a drug.

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008

coconono posted:

If Nyla proclaims herself a chair leg, she’s a loving chair leg. Why should I even waste my time debating this stuff? Particularly with people that aren’t even remotely close to Nyla.

She should identify as an attack helicopter to piss off the people who make that dumb joke

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

https://twitter.com/BadtakesJustin/status/1228038227296055296

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Six likes one retweet

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
the @ is badtakesjustin i'm not sure what else you'd expect really

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I honestly don’t know if that tweet is offensive or seven levels deep of irony and sarcasm

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

illcendiary posted:

Fair enough. I never seek that sort of thing out beyond this thread so I'm way more familiar with psycho WWE fans than any other kind

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

RealFoxy posted:

I honestly don’t know if that tweet is offensive or seven levels deep of irony and sarcasm

don't give it the benefit of the doubt, it's lovely

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

The validity of a trans woman winning the women’s title has nothing to do with a belt’s prior prestige or lack thereof, or size differences in wrestling, or age differences or gimmick matches or mixed tags

It has to do with the fact that trans women are women

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Pinstripe Hourglass posted:

The validity of a trans woman winning the women’s title has nothing to do with a belt’s prior prestige or lack thereof, or size differences in wrestling, or age differences or gimmick matches or mixed tags

It has to do with the fact that trans women are women

Fuckin preach.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Also also.... the match loving OWNED. Like, holy gently caress that match was fantastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth
1. Do any of these people care about how 'natural' a competitor Brock Lesnar or Ryback is? I think those guys are replacing more hormones than nyla.

2. Wrestling is fake. The belts don't have any prestige outside of kayfabe you loving marks