Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which House?
Black Eagles
Blue Lions
Golden Deer
View Results

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

hopeandjoy posted:

This is true but Valkyrie plus her Lorenz’s relic gives her 1-5 range.

I’m thinking Dark Flyer Marianne and Valkyrie Lysithea. Maybe Trickster Ignatz as well since I was planning on making him an Assassin but I’m less sure on that.

Trickster Ignatz sounds pretty good to me. I tend to use him for utility stuff anyway (rallies, break shot, seal strength) and that would get him Foul Play and let him use Physic. That's what I'd try if I hadn't done my GD NG+ maddening run before the DLC came out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Like Clockwork
Feb 17, 2012

It's only the Final Battle once all the players are ready.

Amppelix posted:

If you're going to post something like that you should at least also post what you're reacting to

There's a line in Yuri and Bernie's support somewhere where he says she was lucky that Yuri got beaten near to death because he was going to kill her. From what I've heard it's more poorly worded by the writers and that makes it sound like abuse apologism, though I don't have the text on me to verify.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
They also patched the line in one of her supports where she described her dad's abuse and toned it way down.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Dark Flier has made me realise there's no flying battalions with magical attack. Not a single one. Apparently one was added in the DLC but of course you'll need to clear Constance's paralogue for that. and even then you will have exactly one of them.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I'm guessing it's also B-rank, as seems to be the standard for the post-skip paralogue batallions.

Speaking of, is Byleth the only character who doesn't get her own personal batallion? Every other character unlocks one at the end of their paralogue, and the lords come with one after the timeskip, but Sothis' paralogue just nets you the knowledge gem and a pulse charge.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

nrook posted:

It's the Tae special, cynical comments that make you feel a little bit worse about whatever you were enjoying previously

I'm overly positive about games, what

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Byleth's battalion is Jeralt's Mercenaries, obvs

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

I don’t think Catherine gets one? The Knights and Hanneman/Manuela seem to all get standard Seiros battalions if they get anything.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

The DLC really favors assassins, huh

Any good Chapter 5 tips?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Try to lure in the commander as you push through the center.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Like Clockwork posted:

There's a line in Yuri and Bernie's support somewhere where he says she was lucky that Yuri got beaten near to death because he was going to kill her. From what I've heard it's more poorly worded by the writers and that makes it sound like abuse apologism, though I don't have the text on me to verify.
considering everything else about bernies dad i really doubt they intend him to come across protective, that bit just seems to be more like cruel irony than any attempt at whitewashing him. I mean she still has massive ptsd, theres still the exchange when shes an ally on golden deer where you can promise to double exile her dad after you get rid of edelgard, etc. This one line doesnt suddenly undo all that.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

They also patched the line in one of her supports where she described her dad's abuse and toned it way down.
They didnt really 'tone it way down', tying a kid to a chair is still insanely abusive lol.

Tae posted:

I'm overly positive about games, what
Why not post what changed and your thoughts on it instead of a vague, exaggerated comment that people are gonna read the worst into and is guaranteed to start a conversation off in the worst way

Endorph fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Feb 15, 2020

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Speaking of Chap 5, why did the non-Wolves disappear in the pre-battle chat with Metodey. Edelgard should have been there :mad:

Ran Rannerson
Oct 23, 2010

Endorph posted:

considering everything else about bernies dad i really doubt they intend him to come across protective, that bit just seems to be more like cruel irony than any attempt at whitewashing him. I mean she still has massive ptsd, theres still the exchange when shes an ally on golden deer where you can promise to double exile her dad after you get rid of edelgard, etc. This one line doesnt suddenly undo all that.

Honestly given everything else we know about the kind of shitstain Count Varley is, if he was protecting anything it was a financial asset. Can’t arrange favorable political marriages if your daughter’s dead.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ran Rannerson posted:

Honestly given everything else we know about the kind of shitstain Count Varley is, if he was protecting anything it was a financial asset. Can’t arrange favorable political marriages if your daughter’s dead.
yeah thats the thing, even if you absolve him in this one situation he still did 50 other bad things

And also he still did it without any attempt to explain to her what happened and she, a small child, still interpreted it as her best friend being violently beaten for knowing her, as shown by her dorothea support. Sooo i dont think the game suddenly thinks hes dad of the year, lol

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!
I wonder if there's another game in the pipeline now? I know they've been really fast about releasing stuff in the past although Three Houses feels like a bigger project than previously.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

imo hubert should kill bernies dad

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Taear posted:

I wonder if there's another game in the pipeline now? I know they've been really fast about releasing stuff in the past although Three Houses feels like a bigger project than previously.

Three Houses 2: 4 Houses

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Taear posted:

A lot of this game was developed by Koei Tecmo which does raise the question of what IntSys was working on. The main prediction right now is another remake.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Wasn't the hot rumour an FE4 remake?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Junpei Hyde posted:

imo hubert should kill bernies dad

I am pretty sure he just tied him to a chair and left him to rot.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Hunt11 posted:

I am pretty sure he just tied him to a chair and left him to rot.

would buy this dlc

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Three Houses 2: 4 Houses

this is literally all I want

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Junpei Hyde posted:

Wasn't the hot rumour an FE4 remake?

The hot rumor right now is an FE9 remake, due to how much Tellis stuff has been added to heroes recently. That theory doesn't relaly make sense to me though because you'd think they'd wait to add Tellius stuff until after the remake was announced and interest was surging. That said Ike's japanese VA is gonna be at and hosting both of the days of the Fire Emblem expo in may, and incidentally FE9 came out in april/may 2005, so that bit of lining up does make sense. They'll definitely announce something to do with FE9, I feel like.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

It's obviously a Three houses remake

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Speaking of Chap 5, why did the non-Wolves disappear in the pre-battle chat with Metodey. Edelgard should have been there :mad:
If you bring edelgard over to attack him he does all "Ah... princess edelgard???" and she answers predictably with a "get hosed nerd"

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

A remake is a bit meh to me, but I want....six houses.
Or actually I'm not sure, but I definitely want more. The new DLC feels so empty to me, 6 hours of play after 8 months of waiting is kind of a shame.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Amppelix posted:

If you bring edelgard over to attack him he does all "Ah... princess edelgard???" and she answers predictably with a "get hosed nerd"

Which just makes him being there even more confused.

E: As for what I'd want going forward...I don't have strong opinions on remakes, but ultimately I'll be happy if whatever we get going forward continues to expand on the amount of LGBT characters, endings, and content of 3H.

Eimi fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Feb 15, 2020

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

I think it's clear that the side story can't happen in the same continuity as any of the other routes. so in this universe his employment prospects just happen to look a whole lot worse.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Would definitely like a sequel in the Three Houses style, maybe even in Almyra or Dagda or like, Morfis. A Fire Emblem in a more Near Eastern style setting would be really neat especially

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

It'd be neat to go back to two FE games in a row in the same world after not doing that since FE10 (not counting remakes), though I wouldn't want it to be a direct Three Houses sequel or anything. Something set in one of the non-Fodlan countries would be cool.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

Would definitely like a sequel in the Three Houses style, maybe even in Almyra or Dagda or like, Morfis. A Fire Emblem in a more Near Eastern style setting would be really neat especially

I did love how Birthright swapped around classes for a Japanese aesthetic and I liked that, it'd be great if we had a good game that did that. :v: I would love a Fire Emblem set in the classical era. Gimme hoplites.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
A Holy Genealogy remake is probably sooner than people think, since they have multiple teams.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Endorph posted:

It'd be neat to go back to two FE games in a row in the same world after not doing that since FE10 (not counting remakes), though I wouldn't want it to be a direct Three Houses sequel or anything. Something set in one of the non-Fodlan countries would be cool.

I dont see how they could even do a direct sequel without effectively making like, 3 games

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

I was thinking Dagda since it's heavily mentioned, we have Shamir and also it's weirdly not even on the map.

Means no more manaketes though!

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

The world of 3h isn't particularly interesting so I don't really see any compelling reason to have a second game there

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Tae posted:

A Holy Genealogy remake is probably sooner than people think, since they have multiple teams.

Combo FE4/FE5 Jugdral game, cmon down

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Junpei Hyde posted:

I dont see how they could even do a direct sequel without effectively making like, 3 games

I'd only buy one of them. the correct one. hail to the Adrestian Empire long may it reign

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Andrast posted:

The world of 3h isn't particularly interesting so I don't really see any compelling reason to have a second game there
elibe wasnt especially interesting also tbh. the most interesting bits of it were used for filler in fe6.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Like Clockwork
Feb 17, 2012

It's only the Final Battle once all the players are ready.

People keep saying that and I can't see it working, the games are just too different in terms of mechanics and changes to unify them in gameplay are going to be really disappointing to fans on both sides. The unit design directions alone are massively different.

E: responding to this

Combo FE4/FE5 Jugdral game, cmon down