Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Acute Grill posted:

I'm sure "just do whatever and see what happens" is pretty terrifying advice when TAZ is easily their biggest show and podcasting is their primary income.

A recent Tips at the Table had Austin talking about how their show is always going to be smaller because they're making the show they want to make and not the show that would get them the biggest possible audience, and that's an easier decision to make when everybody has a career not related to the podcast.

You know what, you're right. I hadn't considered the financial angle.

Still I don't know that constantly chasing the Balance dragon is going to work out either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

I've picked up Amnesty again, and I kind of don't get the hate. I've been bored to tears by Graduation, and it's been refreshing to go back to actually laughing while more than two people are allowed to talk at a time.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Amnesty is probably better not having to wait two weeks between episodes. Maybe I should give it another shot.

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!

Previa_fun posted:

Amnesty is probably better not having to wait two weeks between episodes. Maybe I should give it another shot.

I'm guessing this is true of every arc to some extent, including Graduation. Being able to skip the live shows probably helps a lot, too, since when you're listening live it can mean waiting four weeks for the story to progress.

Not that I'd want to give away the live shows for anything in the world, though. Nearly every single one was a home run as far as I'm concerned.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x141 KERNEL PANIC

I've been listening through TAZ for the first time over the last couple of months, Amnesty is great at times but the amount of time spent on them trying to lie to NPCs makes it really hard to listen to.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Kazy posted:

I've been listening through TAZ for the first time over the last couple of months, Amnesty is great at times but the amount of time spent on them trying to lie to NPCs makes it really hard to listen to.

Duck lying is the absolute best bit, in contrast

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Kazy posted:

I think this happens in a lot of the actual play campaigns I listen to, especially toward people they could just ally with, and it's always really dumb and only pays off sometimes. I would rather they just skip past lying to the questgiver so they can go lie to the somewhat suspicious guy terribly

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

thecluckmeme posted:

I think this happens in a lot of the actual play campaigns I listen to, especially toward people they could just ally with, and it's always really dumb and only pays off sometimes. I would rather they just skip past lying to the questgiver so they can go lie to the somewhat suspicious guy terribly

Yeah, one of my favorite improvements to Critical Role campaign 2 was Taliesin switching to Caduceus and countering the team's constant lying by just butting in and telling the truth once in a while. I liked Mollymauk as a character a lot, but there were huge chunks of episodes of the players just lying to single NPCs (I marked it as a spoiler because someone told me about Molly like two days before I got to the episode and I was kinda bummed). . I kind of took it to heart and when I first started playing D&D a few months ago, I started playing a Rogue spy who never really lied, and since it was with a bunch of friends who've been trying to get me to play since high school, it threw them off because they thought I was working with the DM to just do a one-shot mindfuck guest character that was spying on them.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x141 KERNEL PANIC

Shinjobi posted:

Duck lying is the absolute best bit, in contrast

I was going to edit this in, was one of the best bits :v:

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I think you can append (except for Justin, he's doing a great job) to a lot of complaints about TAZ

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RKANEtWxMo

Ribbie sucks so much, WW2K is still a buggy pile of poo poo

(RIP goofs)

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
folks you may not know this if you're not a real wrestling fan, but you GOTTA grab the orb

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Ribbie is just a knock off rolled-up Towelie, I'm pretty sure

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

"in the near future we'll be posting monster factory only to the mcelroy family channel" is getting to the "munch squad is retiring" stage now

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

The reveal that Sweet Gene is ten feet tall was pretty fun.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

change my name posted:

Ribbie is just a knock off rolled-up Towelie, I'm pretty sure

I think it's a joke on 'ribbing' as the pro wrestling term but I don't get who he'd be a rib on, like, there's not just a dude that everyone says is a big rib this is referencing.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Ribbie is from the story mode, I think he's like a food mascot and you rassle him as part of a promotional event since you're a local up and comer.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Waffleman_ posted:

Ribbie is from the story mode, I think he's like a food mascot and you rassle him as part of a promotional event since you're a local up and comer.

terrible

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

Waffleman_ posted:

From what I have seen from other streams, it is the dweeby male wrestler you make who rassles him while the cool lady wrestler you make is on the fast train to the top.

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal
I firmly believe they didn't lose any in-game footage due to the game crashing, but rather the gameplay is just so unbelievably unfunny that they cut it out and blamed a bug.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Judge Schnoopy posted:

I firmly believe they didn't lose any in-game footage due to the game crashing, but rather the gameplay is just so unbelievably unfunny that they cut it out and blamed a bug.

What was it about the previous 2 episodes being actively hindered by bugs and crashes that makes you think this one is the exception?

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
honestly they might better served waiting for a game with actual comedy material to come out

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Maybe the next one can come out in the near future, when they start exclusively posting Monster Factory on the McElroy Family channel

So a year from now

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

the WWE 2k20 story mode writing is like, powerfully bad

Acute Grill
Dec 9, 2011

Chomp

Alaois posted:

WWE 2k20 is bad

ftfy

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

yes thank you for generalizing my statement so that the specific intent of it is removed, you great buffoon!

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

https://twitter.com/j_mcelroy/status/1228367715208839169?s=19

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i can't wait to Play Along At Home with the latest episode

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.

Alaois posted:

yes i
is great buffoon!

ftfy

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

hwaaaaaaa huaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh i've been owned

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
If anybody needs a ticket to Thursday's live TAZ in Cincinnati, I'm now unable to use mine. It's an orchestra seat row P I'm willing to let go for less than face value.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
I like Justin’s tacit admittance that munch squad is sponsored

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~

For the longest time I thought 'ftfy' meant 'gently caress this, gently caress you' and I never read any quoted post close enough to notice it had been edited.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

I used to think smh meant so much hate

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach

Mr Phillby posted:

For the longest time I thought 'ftfy' meant 'gently caress this, gently caress you' and I never read any quoted post close enough to notice it had been edited.

Ftfy

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Mr Phillby posted:

Oh man, I’m not alone! I still sometimes purposefully misread it that way just because it’s so much fun to say.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

alternatively, smh could also mean Suck My Hog

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
I still don't know if it means slap my head or shake my head

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
So much horny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

These past several episodes of MBMBAM have had a weird energy I'm not fond of.