Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Sweet sweet 100 days achievement.

Is there a list of where poo poo is? I'm missing a part of an outfit and a recipe,

Edit: The pre-boss run of world 5 is dubbed "Knee-Quit Valley" in-game on NG+.

SelenicMartian fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Jan 25, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dihaploidy
Oct 31, 2010

Buglord
I've been slowly easing myself into playing this, and pleasantly surprised how fun it is! I've added friend codes from the OP, and I'm at: SW-7017-0648-4603

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Anyone else run into trouble with some of the exercises that want you to hold the ring between your knees/thighs and squeeze to keep it in place? Like, if it's one where I can keep a hand on it, that's fine. But the healing skill that wants you to lay back with your knees up holding the ring and then do repeated hip lifts is almost impossible. It keeps sliding out of place, and I'm not entirely comfortable holding that much potential kinetic damage between my legs. Last time I did that one, I just ended up squeezing the ring with my hands while doing the hip lifts to get it to work.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

I know exactly what you mean, my first time doing those was frustrating. Now I tuck the ring behind my calfs if that makes since.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Tree pose has exposed for me how truly Terrible my balance really is. My inner ear...

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Tree pose has exposed for me how truly Terrible my balance really is. My inner ear...

My goal is to one day do at least one warrior III without having to grab the wall or drop my foot to save myself from falling. Hasn't happened yet, but at least the game is really forgiving of the balancing portion of that move and only seems to check if you're moving the ring. I've never gotten it to recognize my pose to start it, though. Always end up having to put my leg on a chair or something before it thinks I'm ready.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Put your foot on the side of your lower leg, don’t bother trying to put it on your thigh. That’s pro level poo poo. Also, if you wear glasses keep them on and make sure you keep your eyes focused on one point on the wall. Don’t look at the screen!

BobTheJanitor posted:

My goal is to one day do at least one warrior III without having to grab the wall or drop my foot to save myself from falling. Hasn't happened yet, but at least the game is really forgiving of the balancing portion of that move and only seems to check if you're moving the ring. I've never gotten it to recognize my pose to start it, though. Always end up having to put my leg on a chair or something before it thinks I'm ready.

Warrior III is loving brutal because you have to shift your focal point from the wall to the floor. I can barely do it and I have been doing yoga for a long time.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Super Cardio Odyssey, indeed.

Tae posted:

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2020/200130_3e.pdf

Nintendo revealed the internal sales of their software

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Over two million copies?!?!!? Holy poo poo I was expecting it to sell decently well but not that well.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
It sold almost as much as FE:Three Houses lmao

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

HenryEx posted:

It sold almost as much as FE:Three Houses lmao

Ring Fit Adventurer for smash?

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

I'm pretty sure the avatar is already in the works for Smash, so many of the attacks just naturally lend to a Smash moveset

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
That Link's Awakening outsold BoTW in four months I cannot interpret a table correctly is what astounds me.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Unlocked the overhead arm twist. The ceiling in my basement is too low for me to do it properly.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Dr Christmas posted:

Unlocked the overhead arm twist. The ceiling in my basement is too low for me to do it properly.

Just sit on your knees.

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost
I have just barely enough clearance in my basement for the overhead arm twist if I slightly lower my arm angle. What bothers me the most is that the game starting screen that shows how much clearance you need isn't accurate.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Yeah I've got the switch on our bedroom TV and some of those stretched out yoga moves require some real careful placement to make sure I don't run into a wall or kick over the TV or something.

Yak Shaves Dot Com
Jan 5, 2009
So does the rainy world actually make running harder or did I just wake up bad this morning?

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Yak Shaves Dot Com posted:

So does the rainy world actually make running harder or did I just wake up bad this morning?

I don't think so, but maybe it has more than the usual number of knee high water areas to trudge though?

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.

RVWinkle posted:

I have just barely enough clearance in my basement for the overhead arm twist if I slightly lower my arm angle. What bothers me the most is that the game starting screen that shows how much clearance you need isn't accurate.

Maybe they didn't acount for taller people and went with asian size?

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
World 13 sure is something.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Has anyone else had trouble getting mountain climbers to register? They're hard enough as it is but both of the last two fitness gyms I've been to have had them and they really tank my score because I cannot get the game to give me decent points on them.

Yak Shaves Dot Com
Jan 5, 2009

DoubleDonut posted:

Has anyone else had trouble getting mountain climbers to register? They're hard enough as it is but both of the last two fitness gyms I've been to have had them and they really tank my score because I cannot get the game to give me decent points on them.

Same. It'll stop registering them after 3 or 4 reps, and then I stop and just kneel and suddenly five reps register for no reason. I wish the game gave more direct feedback on what input it's receiving.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Set intensity to 1 before those drat gyms to minimize the pain.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Yeah I really wish the leg-only exercises had better tracking, it just feels consistently off on all of them.

I would use two leg straps if it helped

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

SelenicMartian posted:

Set intensity to 1 before those drat gyms to minimize the pain.

I did the lower-body gym in world 16 (and its side-quest) on max difficulty and I'm not about to stop now

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Wow. There's a 22 hour trio of videos on youtube showing someone successfully completing an intensity 30 speedrun.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I’m not sure if I feel the ab guard “in my stomach, not my arms.” I possibly did during an extended rowing sequence, where it may have just been from an object being pushed into my stomach for a period. Or is that how it’s supposed to work?

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Press the ring against you, but then pushout/ flex your abs against it. Your hands should just be more keeping it in place, I actually use my forearms for this reason. If you feel like you're pulling the ring back to you, you're going to hard.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

The ab guard is kind of confusing since it seems obvious that you're just pushing it in with your hands. Sometimes the game can't make you do things right, so it just kind of suggests things. I think on that one the suggestions are too vague and throw a lot of people off. As far as I can tell, the idea is that you're supposed to flex your abs while you do it. You can just push it into yourself without doing that and it'll register just fine. But to do it right, you have to intentionally flex back even though it's not really 'required'.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
What helped me was when someone in this thread told me to make like I'm bracing to get punched in the stomach. I'm pretty sure that's what it means for you to do, and it kinda makes sense.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
A few weeks ago I tried the exercise where you squeeze the ring between your thighs and lift your knees to your chest. As the ring flopped out and I fumbled to retrieve it, I got past the instruction screen and got a great score on one rep.

So that's probably a pro speed run strat once you're in the "anything goes" territory.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
Are you supposed to breathe in or out when bending down in overhead bend?

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

theblackw0lf posted:

Are you supposed to breathe in or out when bending down in overhead bend?

Probably out since you’re compressing your stomach/diaphragm.

But you also probably won’t die if you do it the other way, it might just be difficult.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I’m on world 5, and Guru Andma’s pet exercise ball just obliterated me twice in a row from nearly full health with an attack you’re supposed to mega-block. I’m pretty sure I did the block right, and I’m a few levels over what’s recommended. Still, is this something you’re supposed to lose so you learn to go in with every possible advantage or somethings?

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Dr Christmas posted:

I’m on world 5, and Guru Andma’s pet exercise ball just obliterated me twice in a row from nearly full health with an attack you’re supposed to mega-block. I’m pretty sure I did the block right, and I’m a few levels over what’s recommended. Still, is this something you’re supposed to lose so you learn to go in with every possible advantage or somethings?

When you mega block, start with the regular block and then go into a squat. The shield should be super huge.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Dr Christmas posted:

It might also be a gear thing, have you bought new clothes

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

The game lies about the mega block. It tells you you're OK, when you really need to press harder and squat into the Japanese squat toilet position.

Then the big attack causes no damage at all.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

If you're not ready to take a dump then your squat is not deep enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
E - accidental emptyquote.
World...13-14? Is certainly a World.

Mercedes Colomar fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Feb 16, 2020