Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Bleeding Edge is tons of fun with a good team. It is DIRE without one. You're gonna spend the next 15 minutes losing and not having an ounce of fun at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mem
Sep 1, 2005
Pretty much my experience as well with Bleeding Edge. Group sticks together and it's a great deal of fun, if not it's terrible. I was playing the healer guy in the hovercraft thing, which probably exacerbated that. He's worthless solo but fantastic at keeping a group alive.

I only had one game where it was really competitive though, all the others were steamrolling or getting steamrolled.

The targeting is sticky like Crackdown 3, you only have to aim your special abilities that are aoe's. So if you aren't great at aiming you might like this.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

You can target switch by clicking the right stick

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Bleeding Edge is surprisingly smartly designed and fun, and when youve got a good even match going its super fun but just a few hairs beyond even match, or god forbid a 3v4, and youre either feeding someone their guts or getting your face rocked off.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I’m glad to hear it’s an ok game, I downloaded it and have done some tutorials and am probably gonna jump in to a proper match when I find my controller with a mic input. I really like OW for the challenge of wrangling success out of team mates who want to just go off and frag, so this seems up my alley

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Im actually really enjoying it.

Do note it suffers horribly from "your team mates will pick 3 DPS and leave you with the poison cup of going Tank or Support"

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

You're lucky, I keep getting 3 supports and no tanks

Barudak
May 7, 2007

So the biggest issues with the game for me so far is Powercell mode is too slow for what it wants to do, if you dont have a team that is in a big deathball you will get crushed by the team that does, and they badly need more modes and tweak their modes to do a better job splitting you up. I think honestly they should just lift a true MOBA creep wave mode.

Also character balance is a bit of a mess but that Ill chalk up to its beta.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

I haven't even played the game but I was watching some gameplay and the one thing that bummed me out about it was the graphics, which were a real disappointment. The initial reveal trailer was so colorful and exciting but right now it's very muted and quite dull-looking, and I really wished it had that vibrant Dreamcast look that Sunset Overdrive has, or Jet Set Radio, because it would be so well suited to the game and with it being arenas rather than the huge open world of SO for example, they could make something that really stands out and go wild with effects. As I said however I haven't played it, but watching gameplay left me feeling like there's wasted opportunity there.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Oh other complaint, mounts are hoverboards but you cant do sick tricks with them. The very first thing I tried to do was emote in the air but it does nothing, give me some pointless trick combinations especially if you're gonna do the moba thing of a pointless 30 second wait before the match actually starts.

Mako seems like the worst of the healers and there are only 3 of them.

Making a ZeroCool poo poo their pants as El Bastardo is absurdly satisfying.

Maeve seems like a no brainer auto pick for any team she is absurdly high value thanks to her cage.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Maeve and Kulev(?) are a dangerous duo

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Kulev feels like theyre the overall best of the supports. They passively heal, have an active shield, their aoe determines where a fight should or shouldnt be happening, and their curse is an insane dps increase in a game with multiple combos required to kill someone. This doesnt even touch on the fact that on certain maps one of Kulevs ults can be a free kill while the other Ive yet to lose any fight that started with me casting it.

Theres no way Kulev and Maeve dont get heavy nerfs after this beta

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Cyanide's Call of Cthulhu is the current free Gold XB1 game.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
I know its p old by now but For Honor was ten bux so I grabbed it- anyone else still playing this?

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Frostpunk is the most addictive building sim i've come across in ages. Game pass proves its value once again.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I can’t play frostpunk on bonex bc the console control system feels so weird coming from pc but the game is very good and worth checking out for sure

E: to clarify it’s not even bad and it’s actually better for some things that were a bit fiddly on m+k like placing roads but the overall wheel system is just very foreign to me and I just keep loading up the pc version instead

Jezza of OZPOS fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Feb 18, 2020

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I loved frostpunk. Don’t skip on the scenarios they are all really cool. Best gamepass game had been a plague’s tale for me. Just so phenomenal.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

I can’t play frostpunk on bonex bc the console control system feels so weird coming from pc but the game is very good and worth checking out for sure

Oh I agree and games like surviving mars were awful on a controller and the console. They really took the time to map the major functions to buttons and made most of the icons large enough for leanback gameplay.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

https://twitter.com/XboxWire/status/1229767583563280384?s=20

Yakuza 0 is landing February 26th on Game Pass, apparently, however it doesn't have a note about being Xbox One X Enhanced like other games do so I suspect it'll be equivalent to the base PS4 version on an Xbox One X.

Games leaving at the end of the month:

Fallout 3
Just Cause 4
Rise of the Tomb Raider (the 2nd game in the series)
Snake Pass
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Batman: Return to Arkham – Arkam City (the XB1-remastered version of the 2nd game in the series)
Batman: Return to Arkham – Arkham Asylum (the XB1-remastered version of the 1st game in the series)

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Hell yeah, Ninja Gaiden 2! and wait Kingdom Hearts 3 already?

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Barudak posted:

Hell yeah, Ninja Gaiden 2! and wait Kingdom Hearts 3 already?

Kingdom Hearts 3 is a year old. And we've had non Microsoft AAA games go to gamepass faster than that, dmc 5 and metro exodus off the top of my head.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Two points hospital, yay! :D

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Whoever told me to download the beta dashboard, thank you. I was already level 3 in the Microsoft preview thing for some reason already too.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
About how long between beta release and public release is it usually?

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

What’s the new dashboard like? Screenshots?

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

It's doesn't feel faster for me, just looks different :shrug: Still getting the same microhangups when scrolling through multiple items.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
Game called World of Horror just appeared on gamepass (pc), it says it's Game Preview which is their version of early access but the developer's Twitter sounds like it just has the label for bug fixes and that it's content ready.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

univbee posted:

Yakuza 0 is landing February 26th on Game Pass, apparently, however it doesn't have a note about being Xbox One X Enhanced like other games do so I suspect it'll be equivalent to the base PS4 version on an Xbox One X.

It's a PS3 port and not very demanding, I imagine it will run a native 1080p.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Healbot posted:

It's a PS3 port and not very demanding, I imagine it will run a native 1080p.

It's not exactly a PS3 port, there was a native PS4 version with better graphics

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Quantum of Phallus posted:

It's not exactly a PS3 port, there was a native PS4 version with better graphics

It's mainly sharper graphics because of the internal resolution increase, the game itself did not get an overhaul.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Im eager to see how the save process looks on xbox cause its the loving dumbest poo poo on ps4 that utilizes the default system menus and saves the game separately from the system data requiring 2 saves in a row every time

Somebody capture video

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Blind Rasputin posted:

What’s the new dashboard like? Screenshots?

I can take a picture when I get home but it pretty much looks the same, it was just way quicker for me and so far I haven't had the issue where it slows to a crawl and needs a hard reset every 3 days.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Real hurthling! posted:

Im eager to see how the save process looks on xbox cause its the loving dumbest poo poo on ps4 that utilizes the default system menus and saves the game separately from the system data requiring 2 saves in a row every time

Somebody capture video

You just save your game and it goes up to the cloud.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

Cojawfee posted:

You just save your game and it goes up to the cloud.

its not out yet

the game itself does a weird dumb thing for saving that nothing else does which is why theyre asking if it still will on xbox

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Gonna be excited when Yakuza 0 on Bone requires you to boot into 360 compatability mode for a moment before connecting to the cloud to convert it to a Bone save which it then makes locally

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Real hurthling! posted:

Somebody capture video
I'm assuming they used our PC code as a base for the Xbox ports since it was DirectX and XInput based, and we had to whip up new UI for that stuff because it obviously doesn't exist on PC. We also lightly upgraded the graphics with more modern AA and shadow stuff, and added auto save to Kiwami (and started on save anywhere and autosave in Zero but Sega didn't want to pay for that to be finished at the time.)

We did 95% of the work on a photo mode, too, until Sega cut it (we were ahead of schedule and kind of adding stretch goal features) so it'd be cool if they revived that, but I sort of doubt it.

So, using the PC stuff they could be improved over the PS4. I'm not involved at all, though, so this is pure speculation.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1231942494331342849?s=19

Lots of meaningless marketing speech and incomprehensible technical jargon, but the Smart Delivery part is particularly interesting and promising (although not exactly surprising if you've been paying attention to Microsoft lately). They're encouraging other devs to follow suit and so far it looks like CDPR is playing ball.

Say what you will about their naming conventions or first party offerings, but Microsoft has been at the forefront of pushing for consumer friendly practices in the industry. Unless you view software subscription services as inherently consumer unfriendly then they're also leading the pack in that aspect as well, lol.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

American McGay posted:

Lots of meaningless marketing speech and incomprehensible technical jargon, but the Smart Delivery part is particularly interesting and promising (although not exactly surprising if you've been paying attention to Microsoft lately). They're encouraging other devs to follow suit and so far it looks like CDPR is playing ball.

Say what you will about their naming conventions or first party offerings, but Microsoft has been at the forefront of pushing for consumer friendly practices in the industry. Unless you view software subscription services as inherently consumer unfriendly then they're also leading the pack in that aspect as well, lol.

The 12teraflop number drop is one of the most significant numbers we've gotten so far on the new consoles.

But yeah this is gonna be interesting. Could this be a $600 console with a 10teraflop cheaper Xbox or something to compete at $400?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

American McGay posted:

The smart delivery thing was literally being done with ps3/ps4 games back in 2013-2014 lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

univbee posted:

The smart delivery thing was literally being done with ps3/ps4 games back in 2013-2014 lol
Yeah, Sony charged people for it.