Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which House?
Black Eagles
Blue Lions
Golden Deer
View Results

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

I think they're trying to bring this back around to Edelgard discourse again, but I guess they're allergic to actually saying Edelgard's name for some reason?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Streamer put it down to normal because he kept not learning that every enemy had Weapon Breakers and shoving his Edelgard into a billion assassins and wondering why she wasn't hitting.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

People in this thread have said in the past that metoady couldn't possibly be Edelgard's and must be a forced slitherer plant.

Someone said there was Japanese dialogue that hinted that before.

Someone else grabbed the japanese dialogue and showed there wasn't.

Twilkitri
Feb 23, 2013
Only Metodey's battle dialogue has been shown so far. In terms of dialogue alone Metodey has more than that, and the original assertion might not even be based on something from his dialogue.

McTimmy, can you please be more specific with what you were referring to?

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Twilkitri posted:

Only Metodey's battle dialogue has been shown so far. In terms of dialogue alone Metodey has more than that, and the original assertion might not even be based on something from his dialogue.

McTimmy, can you please be more specific with what you were referring to?

Really this is my being careless with my wording again and if you want to call me out as wrong, then yeah, I deserve it. There isn't a "smoking gun" with Metodey saying he's working for Arundel. But there's enough ambiguity in his words and actions to suggest she's not the THAT PERSON. Metodey is dismissive of Edelgard. As far as I am aware of, his lines after are not changed on any route even when the circumstances are different - Flame Emperor unmasked, different orders. Mysterious Mages are part of the invasion force and all of those are Arundel's goons even when they're tagged in different factions. He immediately becomes a sniveling coward for his life when otherwise all of Edelgard's loyal followers are believing in her dream and fight to the end without such a display. Add in his complete bafflement of Edelgard's involvement in CS and his talk of how he's gonna rise through the ranks in a circumstance Edelgard is clearly unaware of and there's enough ambiguity to his true allegiances to allude to him being in the care of the other major political power in the Empire: Arundel.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Tae posted:

Streamer put it down to normal because he kept not learning that every enemy had Weapon Breakers and shoving his Edelgard into a billion assassins and wondering why she wasn't hitting.

The DLC on hard feels a lot closer to the main game's maddening than it does hard, to me. I was definitely caught off guard at first, especially since I hadn't played for months. I'm a fan but calling it "Normal" and "Hard" may be a bit misleading.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Endorph posted:

The hot rumor right now is an FE9 remake, due to how much Tellis stuff has been added to heroes recently. That theory doesn't relaly make sense to me though because you'd think they'd wait to add Tellius stuff until after the remake was announced and interest was surging. That said Ike's japanese VA is gonna be at and hosting both of the days of the Fire Emblem expo in may, and incidentally FE9 came out in april/may 2005, so that bit of lining up does make sense. They'll definitely announce something to do with FE9, I feel like.
I would 100% be on board with a remake. I'm currently playing through the Tellius games and my only complaints are about the lack of QoL stuff that the newer games have fixed.
That being said, if they actually do a remake, they should, ideally, remake both of them into one game.

and also put supports back into FE10.

Junpei Hyde posted:

imo hubert should kill bernies dad
i headcanon that that's their honeymoon

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Did my first abyss battle mission, huh new music.

Never did a dlc gold mission, might as try one.

Oh my god, this is cheating for maddening.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I care very much about evil Tobin's character.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
shut up Tobin

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

The fact I can't gay marry hapi is a crime

CmdrKing
Oct 14, 2012

Maybe if I called it 'Interpretive Stabbing'...
Well poo poo. My plan was to finally do my Blue Lions run after finishing CS and only really recruit the Ashen Wolves for newbies, who the heck am I supposed to gay marry in this playthough if I already married Mercie in an alternate timeline!?

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

CmdrKing posted:

Well poo poo. My plan was to finally do my Blue Lions run after finishing CS and only really recruit the Ashen Wolves for newbies, who the heck am I supposed to gay marry in this playthough if I already married Mercie in an alternate timeline!?

Sothis

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

CmdrKing posted:

Recruit Dorothea because she's the best?

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

The Sothis/Rhea/Flayn S ranks are creepy and weird.

CmdrKing
Oct 14, 2012

Maybe if I called it 'Interpretive Stabbing'...
I also married her in the other other timeline! Obviously my real mistake was assuming I wouldn't want to play all three routes and not marrying Edelgard when I had the chance.

Sothis is an idea of course.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Become Annette's step dad.

Edit: I'm surprised that there isn't a online thing where you can see how many people s-support which characters.

Tired Moritz fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Feb 16, 2020

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Whyyyy does only one of the wolves have any supports with deer characters? This blatant eagles/lions favouritism will not stand! Not to mention it's a personal attack against me, who only has verdant wind left to play!

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Amppelix posted:

Whyyyy does only one of the wolves have any supports with deer characters? This blatant eagles/lions favouritism will not stand! Not to mention it's a personal attack against me, who only has verdant wind left to play!

Their lack of supports full stop are a bit of a shame, really. It's not horrible or bad on their part or anything, just a shame.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Yuri/Bernie C Rank spoiler

Oh my gooooosh he's the boy Bernie was talking about in her B rank support with Dorothea

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Amppelix posted:

We were robbed of Claude/Yuri.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/vo1ez/status/1229080464754790400

sukeban edelgard is an artisan crafted thought

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Endorph posted:

https://twitter.com/vo1ez/status/1229080464754790400

sukeban edelgard is an artisan crafted thought

:hmmyes:

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Junpei Hyde posted:

The fact I can't gay marry hapi is a crime

While I'm happy that boys get an option bringing them up 3, the fact that they didn't just make everyone in the wolves bi is a tragedy. Balthus is as flirty with Yuri as Yuri is with everyone else, and you can totally see it with Hapi, maybe not as much with Constance but still. And while Yuri's personality isn't really typical for a pretty boy, he still is a pretty boy and I bet a lot more gay dudes would be happy to romance Balthus over him, if only for some variety in romance options. :argh:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Constance/Mercedes is very "They're like family. Sisters, if you will" while Lysie/Balthus is a clear "they hosed."

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
wouldn't the devs be accused of pandering if they just made all the chars bisexual

feels like a doomed if you do, doomed if you don't situation

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

they should have made some of them gay

Like Clockwork
Feb 17, 2012

It's only the Final Battle once all the players are ready.

Do you really want the sort of people who would complain about that in your fanbase anyway though

Junpei Hyde posted:

they should have made some of them gay

:yeah:

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA

Like Clockwork posted:

Do you really want the sort of people who would complain about that in your fanbase anyway though

i have seen both sides of the argument since awakening

both sides are more or less prominent in the FE fandom

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Like Clockwork posted:

Id complain if every character was bi and im a lesbian tho

Like Clockwork
Feb 17, 2012

General Morden posted:

i have seen both sides of the argument since awakening

both sides are more or less prominent in the FE fandom

You say that like it's not part of the reason the broader fandom loving sucks

E: ^If they're not going to give us gay characters, and they won't because it's intsys, I'd like same-sex attraction consistently acknowledged in endings

Boyleth and bylass are supposed to be the same character, so characters that hitch one but not the other yet have same-sex romantic supports/endings really should have the same-sex Byleth available to them

Like Clockwork fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Feb 16, 2020

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I uh, dont think morden means people whod dislike every chadacter being bi for 'ew gay' reasons. Theres legitimate grievances, from gay/bi people, about that kind of writing and how other games have executed it

Like Clockwork
Feb 17, 2012

Quite frankly having a variety would be better but given that we are coming off Fateswakening being an intolerable morass of gameplay-enforced heterosexuality having all the characters be bi would be less intolerable

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tbh i prefer how three houses handles it to 'everyone is bi lol.' Everyone feels like they have sexualities that manifest in different waya based on who theyre with and their own self perceptions/experiences. Itd be great if there were like, 2-3 exclusively gay characters but i vastly prefer the current dichotomy to everyone being bi.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

By the way, does 3H do a thing where the endings will say characters got married, except if the pairing is gay in which case it's all "spent their life together" and "were inseparable"

I feel like that's a pattern but i've only seen one set of endings so I might just be projecting here.

Like Clockwork
Feb 17, 2012

See my edit for the earlier post on my thoughts on that. If they can't be bothered to be vaguely consistent about queer characters being able to support the same-sex Byleth (like, the only non-Byleth support of Hubert's that mentions love explicitly in JPN is with Ferdinand unless I misremember and his S-support CG doesn't even show Byleth, why does he not support Boyleth? (I know why)), why should I have faith in them actually writing a gay character without a lovely shoehorned comphet ending and be expected to swallow it. Leon from Echoes exists for modern gay fremblem characters, sure, but also he's explicitly attracted to someone he believes has no interest and his ending leaves him single. IntSys is too cowardly, and quite frankly if given the options of everyone is bi or yet another "look at this lesbian having loveless marriages with men!!! :)" I'll take the former

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Just finished the DLC campaign! It was great, worth it for the battles even if I don't use the characters or classes too much in the main game (I'll probably use them but also I have to make sure my main class is strong enough for the post time-skip map).

There should be gay and lesbian characters alongside bi and straight ones, and the avatar should not be able to S support every character. For the four DLC characters specifically though I think it would have been best for them to all be bi, since it's such a small group that you have to pay extra to get.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Like Clockwork posted:

See my edit for the earlier post on my thoughts on that. If they can't be bothered to be vaguely consistent about queer characters being able to support the same-sex Byleth (like, the only non-Byleth support of Hubert's that mentions love explicitly in JPN is with Ferdinand unless I misremember and his S-support CG doesn't even show Byleth, why does he not support Boyleth? (I know why)), why should I have faith in them actually writing a gay character without a lovely shoehorned comphet ending and be expected to swallow it. Leon from Echoes exists for modern gay fremblem characters, sure, but also he's explicitly attracted to someone he believes has no interest and his ending leaves him single. IntSys is too cowardly, and quite frankly if given the options of everyone is bi or yet another "look at this lesbian having loveless marriages with men!!! :)" I'll take the former

https://twitter.com/internethippo/status/881161169469403137?lang=en

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Amppelix posted:

By the way, does 3H do a thing where the endings will say characters got married, except if the pairing is gay in which case it's all "spent their life together" and "were inseparable"

I feel like that's a pattern but i've only seen one set of endings so I might just be projecting here.
considering that fodlan is explicitly against gay marriage (in the jp because lol translation) this makes sense to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

anyway i associate 'everyone is bi' type writing with awful bioware poo poo i was basically psyopped into tolerating so if we're being blunt if fire emblem dipped its toes into that poo poo id literally stop playing it.