Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit
this is a recent video from someone living in one of the wealthy foreigner neighborhoods in Wuhan:

https://twitter.com/AdamWolov/status/1229013172570533888?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Wuhan in a million

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit
You know those propaganda videos of people dancing in the quarantine centers? The nurses are doing a Uyghur dance:

https://twitter.com/AbdugheniSabit/status/1229086469383491585?s=19

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Prester Jane posted:

You know those propaganda videos of people dancing in the quarantine centers? The nurses are doing a Uyghur dance:

https://twitter.com/AbdugheniSabit/status/1229086469383491585?s=19

that lady has a RL anime head. it’s throwing me off.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

MarcusSA posted:

that lady has a RL anime head. it’s throwing me off.

I thought she was a cg character at first.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

which industry fails first automotive or airlines

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

Daikloktos posted:

I mean, not a suspension of elections in the US

A single asymptomatic carrier at a political rally or voting location would infect (at least) dozens.

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

stuffed crust punk posted:

do the test failures hew towards false positives or false negatives

We're still sending our tests to the CDC to be performed, so I don't think anyone has a good idea on the conditional probability involved.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

magiccarpet posted:

which industry fails first automotive or airlines

Who knows - but at the moment I can't replace my broken dishwasher because the model we want is backordered - the only conclusion to be made is the world economy has already collapsed.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit
The CCP is treating this like a political crisis. They are wasting valuable time/resources/manpower on meaningless gestures that accomplish nothing.

https://twitter.com/detresfa_/status/1229090170189668352?s=19

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit
https://twitter.com/christo67664548/status/1228682369797967879?s=19

SchrodingersCat
Aug 23, 2011

Pryor on Fire posted:

Doesn't every state have vote by mail already? The idea of showing up in person to vote seems so laughably quaint, haven't even heard of that in like 15 years.

Oh right: voter suppression.

If they tried to cancel the election the lawsuits against it would be immediate.

What would really happen will be some cobbled together online system, mail-in voting, or door-to-door voting by people in hazmat suits.

If they aren't going to make election day a mandated nationwide holiday then voting should be done via mail anyway.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
When you get a 3 day probe and the posts start to back up and you just gotta let them all out at once

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Prester Jane posted:

China currently has 3/4 of a Billion people under some sort of lockdown, and their entire economy has been stopped for nearly a month. what exactly do you do expect things to look like under such a scenario?

It takes a whole hell of a lot of work to keep the pipes flowing, and that work can't be done by anyone right now because the coronavirus can be spread through feces.

idk why on earth anyone’s replying to you seriously but you vastly overestimate how much of our social infrastructure is used for necessities and utilities and how much is used for bullshit consumerism

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

lol

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1229100779526656000?s=19

Squinky v2.0
Nov 16, 2006

Behind you! A three headed monkey!

College Slice
follow me on twitter @christo67664548 for the latest coronavirus news

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

can we treat prester jane posts about the election being cancelled as a toxic

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

idk why on earth anyone’s replying to you seriously but you vastly overestimate how much of our social infrastructure is used for necessities and utilities and how much is used for bullshit consumerism

The proportion of social infrastructure used for consumerism versus necessities is quite irrelevant when it's all shutdown.

Squinky v2.0
Nov 16, 2006

Behind you! A three headed monkey!

College Slice
me, to a cute girl I met at a party: haha yeah, find me on twitter. it’s christo like my first name, then 6 - 4 - 6 - 6 - 4 - 5 -... are you sure you don’t need to write this down?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
These posts are becoming indistinguishable from the natsec ghouls that salivate over a collapse of the CPC at any given opportunity

https://twitter.com/HawleyMO/status/1228675898498527234?s=19

https://twitter.com/niubi/status/1228706301108215809?s=19

https://twitter.com/bbond/status/1228390538254024704?s=19

https://twitter.com/BeijingPalmer/status/1227812082885767168?s=19

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

I mean if thats a direct quote in the first post thats hilariously bad.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

SchrodingersCat posted:

If they tried to cancel the election the lawsuits against it would be immediate.

What would really happen will be some cobbled together online system, mail-in voting, or door-to-door voting by people in hazmat suits.

If they aren't going to make election day a mandated nationwide holiday then voting should be done via mail anyway.

Yeah the US has never, ever, cancelled an election. Not even in the middle of the Civil War. Speculating that the election will just be cancelled instead of US elites seeing it as an opportunity to shovel billions of dollars at some friends who run an online voting firm is just dumb.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

vyelkin posted:

Yeah the US has never, ever, cancelled an election. Not even in the middle of the Civil War. Speculating that the election will just be cancelled instead of US elites seeing it as an opportunity to shovel billions of dollars at some friends who run an online voting firm is just dumb.

lol if you don't think trump wouldn't try something if the slightest opportunity presented itself with his acquittal and the senate he has right now

2020 is loving stupid and anything can happen

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

triple sulk posted:

lol if you don't think trump wouldn't try something if the slightest opportunity presented itself with his acquittal and the senate he has right now

2020 is loving stupid and anything can happen

That's the thing though is there's no reason for them to cancel an election, they could easily use it as an opportunity to rig the election (no voting booths in poor neighbourhoods because of coronavirus! Rich people can vote by mail! Online voting through firms run by Republican operatives! etc.) but cancelling it is extremely unlikely. Like, so unlikely that it's stupid to talk about it like a serious thing.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit
The reality of the quarantine centers with the dancing patients:

https://twitter.com/Hawks2Himalaya/status/1229107483068764161?s=19

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

wait but i thought we already had an unsourced video showing that the hospitals were actually prisons where the doors locked from the outside, make up your mind unsourced videos, do the ccp not care about their people because the new hospitals are shutting them in one-person rooms or do the ccp not care about their people because the new hospitals have no one-person rooms?????

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

vyelkin posted:

wait but i thought we already had an unsourced video showing that the hospitals were actually prisons where the doors locked from the outside, make up your mind unsourced videos, do the ccp not care about their people because the new hospitals are shutting them in one-person rooms or do the ccp not care about their people because the new hospitals have no one-person rooms?????

There are two separate hospitals that were rapidly built. This video is from the one that was finished first, and it's a little more than a large open space with a bunch of beds. The hospital you are talking about is the one that took about 13 days to build, that one has isolation wards that do not open from the inside. (However, that hospital was recently damaged by rain.)

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's vitally important for us in cspam to know how hard the authoritarian CCP is failing so that the scales can fall from our eyes, and we can finally imagine a world where its corrupting influence is eliminated.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
If this turns all Spanish Flu:
  • Gloves will come back into fashion.
  • Handshakes will go out of fashion.
  • Masks will come back into fashion.

Dystopia finally gonna look cool.

Maybe we'll even get snazzy UV hand terminals near entries/exits and crosswalks all over the place.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Is China's government supposed to be hard to understand? I mean they say they are a "communist" party but at the same time there's no shortage of capitalism and billionaires.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

actionjackson posted:

Is China's government supposed to be hard to understand? I mean they say they are a "communist" party but at the same time there's no shortage of capitalism and billionaires.

capitalism with chinese characteristics (they've executed rich people for fraud and bribery)

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost
The Division was a documentary
https://twitter.com/Slate/status/1229100516128497664

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Accretionist posted:

If this turns all Spanish Flu:
  • Gloves will come back into fashion.
  • Handshakes will go out of fashion.
  • Masks will come back into fashion.

Dystopia finally gonna look cool.

Maybe we'll even get snazzy UV hand terminals near entries/exits and crosswalks all over the place.

• Plague doctor cosplay will increase.

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost

Of course before there's an outbreak here there's going to be Americans causing outbreaks elsewhere

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010

Relax, only people who don't matter use cash instead of smartphone apps.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

ArfJason posted:

You said youd stop posting on sa so for once itd be cool if that one of your insane rants were true

Every time you poo poo on her I'm going to poo poo on you^

Weirdos that get off on attacking others make me puke and you seek it out.

I was reading this thread for days and now you are in it pointlessly besides ragging on her as far as I can tell.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
wait you mean the president, who has "joked" about serving three or more terms in office, who has zero respect for any political norms, has major republican protection from any and all legal consequences from his criminal actions, who has tremendous propaganda support from entrenched right-wing media, who has hinted at violence that will occur if he's not re-elected, is a widely known racist and bigot, who would do anything to avoid state-level prosecution when he "leaves" office, who would absolutely abuse his presidential power to hurt his enemies,... you mean that guy wouldn't consider calling off elections by declaring some national health emergency?? good to know!

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
Yes, once in a while Cassandras get something right :(

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

neutral milf hotel posted:

wait you mean the president, who has "joked" about serving three or more terms in office, who has zero respect for any political norms, has major republican protection from any and all legal consequences from his criminal actions, who has tremendous propaganda support from entrenched right-wing media, who has hinted at violence that will occur if he's not re-elected, is a widely known racist and bigot, who would do anything to avoid state-level prosecution when he "leaves" office, who would absolutely abuse his presidential power to hurt his enemies,... you mean that guy wouldn't consider calling off elections by declaring some national health emergency?? good to know!

ok :rolleyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

sa warned me that trump was going to cancel the 2018 elections, and then he did and nobody did anything about it, so now i'm really scared about 2020