Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which Nintendo character would you like to see in the next Soul Calibur game?
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 99 8.48%
Other 53 4.54%
jenna got milked 1015 86.98%
Total: 1167 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

oddium posted:

play as the robot horde

thanks new stux

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Stux posted:

i know and im p sure everyone else is just playing along and trying to have fun online

It's hard to tell sometimes with you whippersnappers

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
My date is in 30 minutes oh god what do I wear :ohdear:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

There's a handful of people here who are intentionally being assholes, but for the most part everyone else is just joking around. If in doubt just assume they are saying something in good fun.

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
Red boots

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

precision posted:

A winning smile.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

precision posted:

chaps

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja
Just remember, wearing clothes doesn't make you cool, you make clothes cool wearing them.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

precision posted:

Hang a big flava flav clock around your neck with all the hours replaced with 'horny'

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

oddium posted:

play as the robot horde

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

FirstAidKite posted:

I had a dream that squenix made a good fighting game that was just all of their protagonists from all of their rpg titles together beating each other up.

It was cool because I was watching a trailer for it and Will from Illusion of Gaia showed up and I was like "wait what the, what's he doing here" and his fighting style mostly consisted of him dashing across the screen and occasionally playing his flute to summon Freedan to do the main slash attack stuff, and I thought that was a sorta odd pick and it got me excited thinking about what if Ark got in, but then Ark showed up right after just dashing around and skewering people and it was great. I noted that it was odd that Blazer and Master didn't get in though. Then the dream turned into a bunch of other dreams that were very nonsensical and surprisingly lacking in horror, but also unrelated to video games so no sense going into what they were.

That's been my day for the most part. How's everyone else doing?

So Erghiz?

Or Dissidia?

Oh wait, you said GOOD fighting game

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

dissidia is good though

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

al-azad posted:

I really just want to finish Nier A and be done with it but I still need 5 simple gears and the collector in me won’t stop teleporting to the throne room. Haven’t got poo poo in like an hour of trying.

Someone liberate us from rng collectathons please

can't you just buy the trophies at some point?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

https://twitter.com/MovieNumbers/status/1229083759649030144?s=19

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
that a live action sonic film was successful is just one more piece of evidence that the rivets which hold reality in place are pinging off with increasing speed

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
and of course the cgi artists who killed themselves banishing frankensonic aren't going to see a dime of this

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Oxxidation posted:

and of course the cgi artists who killed themselves banishing frankensonic aren't going to see a dime of this

They already closed that studio, not kidding

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

oddium posted:

play as the RAVENOUS SWARM

but as cute butterflies

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Looper posted:

can't you just buy the trophies at some point?

I just really want to upgrade this stupid level 1 pod goddamn.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

I said come in! posted:

There's a handful of people here who are intentionally being assholes, but for the most part everyone else is just joking around. If in doubt just assume they are saying something in good fun.

that's me, I'm the thread Wario

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Has anyone made Uncut Gems / chaos emeralds memes yet

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Chart not adjusted for inflation! Lara Croft wins yet again

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
The first thing I did after loading up Iceborne was take the FFXIV quest and my rank 7 weapons were IG, long sword, heavy bowgun and SnS. I took the long sword because I thought it would easy but I had to completely relearn the controls and I ate monster chicken poo poo three times without figuring out how to power up the sword. I made it to HR 50 before quitting and now I feel like I’m going through physical therapy to learn how to walk again.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

bushisms.txt posted:

They already closed that studio, not kidding

that's kind of a given though, happens all the time

movie gross isn't really that meaningful of a statistic though. inflation and ticket price increases mean we're constantly seeing record breaking releases every year

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I have read many times about what inflation is and I still cannot visualize it operating through real-world processes, this has been at the core of my reflexive distrust of economists

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

inflation is increased by our reliance on gold mines, while our advisors, buildings, and ideas reduce it

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Honestly Europa Universalis has been the closest thing to help me intuit it.

Better than Civ 4's "prices go up by a fixed percentage every turn, no you can't affect this percentage even though you control every aspect of production"

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

inflation is when you get inside a large balloon and inflate it until it pops (that's the bubble bursting that people always talk about)

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The secret is that the economy is a thing people made up and it's all arbitrary but we still act like it's a natural force we can't control.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Hmm maybe I should take a look back at Victoria 2, that might help (esp. since they're probably never going to make a third)

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
I don't think anyone knows how Victoria 2 economics work, not even the developers

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
One of the more interesting things I've read about the early modern era is that while the connection between a devaluated currency and inflation was obvious and well-understood, it wasn't until the Spanish flooded the market with new world silver that people figured out that more money existing inherently causes inflation even without changing the amount of precious metal per unit money

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

Chart not adjusted for inflation! Lara Croft wins yet again

let me just google lara croft inflation for the exact figures,

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

no one knew how eeconomics worked until one cheeky guy called "marx" came along and pointed out hey its really dumb while yelling about coats and now, we have bernie who also yells about coats. makes you think.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Stux posted:

no one knew how eeconomics worked until one cheeky guy called "marx" came along and pointed out hey its really dumb while yelling about coats and now, we have bernie who also yells about coats. makes you think.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

im never going to try victoria

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

oddium posted:

inflation is increased by our reliance on gold mines, while our advisors, buildings, and ideas reduce it

Gotta lower the upkeep.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Took the godkids to the body museum. Apparently they use AR for the exhibits.

They also Kinects for like half the exhibits

VR has it's own hall

And that's just the first of 3 floors

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Stux posted:

im never going to try victoria

Victoria was kind of like distant worlds for me where watching all the parts move was neat but I couldn't work up motivation to actually learn how to play it