Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Podunkian
Feb 28, 2005

welcome to murder city, i'm the mayor

Britt Burns posted:

I'm having some really annoying slow-downs in this game on the Switch - do any of you have any solutions for this? It's a real bummer :smith:

Are you playing the game in multiplayer by any chance? We found a bug that we're trying to come up with a solution for where dropped packets can cause the game to randomly hang for a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Are you folks not using stardew expanded? The pink haired weeb with the wine farm sells sprinklers, it's only 11k for iridium.

Jack Daniels
Nov 14, 2002

Soonmot posted:

Are you folks not using stardew expanded? The pink haired weeb with the wine farm sells sprinklers, it's only 11k for iridium.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I put on the burglar ring and maybe first or second trip to desert I got the shard off a mummy that I almost didn't decide to finish off.

I can't keep up on hay. Fuckin fat animals man

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
My fave part of this game is going to the saloon on Friday or Saturday and buying a beer for every character in the bar except Clint.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Is expanded bad? I just came back to the game after a year and modded the poo poo out of it.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

Soonmot posted:

Is expanded bad? I just came back to the game after a year and modded the poo poo out of it.

Up to you. General consensus is it adds too much unnecessary stuff without actually improving quality. It's good for getting some extra hours out of the game though.

Most mods that are universally thread-approved are QoL or cosmetic like Scythe Everything, Seasonal Villager Outfits, and Automate (probably the most "cheaty" mod we promote).

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

LLSix posted:

Is pig affection still broken so that you get more truffles per day if they're unhappy? I'm getting more than 1 truffle/pig a day and my pigs are all at 0 hearts...

On an entirely related note, do you need to feed pigs?

No and yes respectively. Pigs just produce like mad even at 0 hearts.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

still taken by the idea that for maximum productivity you need to keep your pigs in unimaginable conditions

The Ones Who Farm Away From Omelas

Jack Daniels
Nov 14, 2002

yeah pigs produce more when in oipen dirt in lieu of grass too

NO FRESH GRASS FOR YOU :redass: NOW PRODUCE TRUFFLES YOU PIG :mrapig:

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

still taken by the idea that for maximum productivity you need to keep your pigs in unimaginable conditions

The Ones Who Farm Away From Omelas
Stardew Valley, bucolic game about factory farming.

I have only one pig on my farm, it's happy and my farm is quite ineffective.

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Orion, this is Sperglord Actual.
Come on home.
Stardew Valley expanded has some decent villager adds but then adds like 4x of the current map in random forest/open area with no purpose. I don’t really understand the layout changes, just like add another small map with the vineyard and Andy’s house and call it a day :iiam:

I mentioned it before but I hope we get DLC or 1.5 with a couple new characters / locations that are throwbacks to HM64 and those games; a Vineyard, Bakery, animal contests, horse race, etc. Doesn’t need to be huge but some extra stuff like that would be awesome to me. The current crop of mods for all that are all mediocre at best.

Mazz fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Feb 12, 2020

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

Mazz posted:

Stardew Valley expanded has some decent villager adds but then adds like 4x of the current map in random forest/open area with no purpose. I don’t really understand the layout changes, just like add another small map with the vineyard and Andy’s house and call it a day :iiam:

I mentioned it before but I hope we get DLC or 1.5 with a couple new characters / locations that are throwbacks to HM64 and those games; a Vineyard, Bakery, animal contests, horse race, etc. Doesn’t need to be huge but some extra stuff like that would be awesome to me. The current crop of mods for all that are all mediocre at best.

I'd recommend the Lost Woods Mod and the Boarding House Mod. They add some nice in-game content and give you some additional exploring.

They do cause some huge imbalance issues though.

Lost woods: You will always be stocked up on hay and wood, and when you start getting deeper into the woods Ancient seeds have a chance of dropping.
Boarding House: The added mines are a bonanza of hard to find items and the end Dungeon sells Dino Eggs, Warp totems and Ancient Seeds/Fruit.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I'd been selling off the artifact seeds (as well as literally anything else already in the museum) I didn't know any of it could be crafted into poo poo. gently caress

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Come on home.

Donkringel posted:

I'd recommend the Lost Woods Mod and the Boarding House Mod. They add some nice in-game content and give you some additional exploring.

They do cause some huge imbalance issues though.

Lost woods: You will always be stocked up on hay and wood, and when you start getting deeper into the woods Ancient seeds have a chance of dropping.
Boarding House: The added mines are a bonanza of hard to find items and the end Dungeon sells Dino Eggs, Warp totems and Ancient Seeds/Fruit.

Thanks, though I’d say I’m more looking for new town related objects/events/activities/people than more area to explore. Specifically like an animal contest and horse race a la HM64 that doesn’t come with the baggage and writing of the butchery mod. Also a vineyard of some sort would be a really good fit given how much of this game ends up w/ you being a booze baron, again without the excess of SVE. I’ll take a look at those though.

Mazz fucked around with this message at 13:03 on Feb 13, 2020

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Fuckin Marnie and those fuckin purple shorts. Giving that bitch literal diamonds every day so I can sneak in her room

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

codo27 posted:

Fuckin Marnie and those fuckin purple shorts. Giving that bitch literal diamonds every day so I can sneak in her room
Are you in a hurry to finish that quest or something?

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Its year 2. You get that in like late spring or something dont you? I just want to clue up all the quests I have but I'm stunted with most of them, seasonal requirements etc.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

Sweet peas get you in there pretty fast. Within a season, I think.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
That's what you get for not making friends with people before you need something from them!

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I don't like seasonal villager outfits because the girls all wear dresses in every season, which doesn't fit with their characters like Leah or Abigail.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
Leah wears what might be rolled-up trousers/shorts in spring, and trousers in winter. Abigail's summer outfit is a jumper/jacket tied around her waist, and her spring outfit is a short skirt over trousers/leggings.

Leah's wedding outfit is trousers, too

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Is there a save editor for 1.4?

I switched farm maps halfway through a playthrough and now I've got bushes in all kinds of unusual places.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

this happens to almost all adolescents, it's normal, don't worry

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Gotta be a better way to grind stone than just go into the mines over and over? I need staircases to reach 100 in the desert

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Just buy it from robin

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Come on home.

LLSix posted:

Is there a save editor for 1.4?

I switched farm maps halfway through a playthrough and now I've got bushes in all kinds of unusual places.

theres a mod on nexus to reset the maps, look in karallyas immersive maps or whatever, its one of the required files

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I'm one monster type away from finishing up the Adventurer's Guild and one item from finishing the museum and I'm just screaming that Prehistoric Scapulas don't drop from Pepper Rexes so I could kill two birds with one stone.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

codo27 posted:

Gotta be a better way to grind stone than just go into the mines over and over? I need staircases to reach 100 in the desert

Buy it or stick Jade in a crystalarium. You can swap 1 jade for 1 staircase from the desert trader every Sunday.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

The big stones in the main dungeon also produce a lot if you're strapped

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

Mazz posted:

theres a mod on nexus to reset the maps, look in karallyas immersive maps or whatever, its one of the required files

Thank you.

Found a mod to reset terrain features. A quick test seems to have worked great.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Because of gross miscalculation on my part I've come away from Summer year two one loving melon short of completing the associated bundle. So I need to play out 3 more seasons before I can correct that WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

codo27 posted:

Because of gross miscalculation on my part I've come away from Summer year two one loving melon short of completing the associated bundle. So I need to play out 3 more seasons before I can correct that WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Use planter boxes.

True Blue Triumph
Apr 10, 2009

500 hours in this game and I just learned you can make double-wide gates.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

True Blue Triumph posted:

Well gently caress

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

I think that was added 1.4.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

89 hours in the past 2 weeks according to steam oops
(a bunch of idle time in there but still)

LLSix posted:

Use planter boxes.

Need greenhouse completion for that which I cant do without the crop I need :negative:

codo27 fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Feb 16, 2020

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Garden pots work anywhere indoors :ssh:

e: gently caress, you don't get the recipe for them until you finish the greenhouse :nutshot:

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

codo27 posted:

89 hours in the past 2 weeks according to steam oops
(a bunch of idle time in there but still)

Need greenhouse completion for that which I cant do without the crop I need :negative:

You can check Pierre to see if he still has the melons in stock

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
In case anyone in this thread cares and didn't know, Rune Factory 4 remake for Switch drops on the 25th. I didn't know they finally had a drat date for it. Up for preorder on the eshop and everything.