Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

Lmao at the Ibrahimovic one

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/RFFH/status/1228992280318685184?s=19

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
https://twitter.com/tuanzebe_fc/status/1228767167300210688?s=21

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

He's got a whopping 1 out of 6 Utd players correct and even that's debatable

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

CyberPingu posted:

He's got a whopping 1 out of 6 Utd players correct and even that's debatable

which one

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

The case could be made for either Maguire or Rashford. Though even then I would pick Mane over Rashford

I think Van Dijk makes Gomez and Matip look a lot better than they are, but even then I'd maybe still go with one of them over Maguire.

Pogba there's no way he gets in over Henderson or Wijnaldum. He's not shown any decent form in the last year or so. Fernandes has been there for a cup of coffee so not a really known entity yet.

Rest of them are laughable.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Is this a UK dril?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

CyberPingu posted:

The case could be made for either Maguire ... are laughable.

Agreed. He's poo poo.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

gently caress it I'm gonna seriouspost.

Wan Bisaka vs TAA is a tough one because one's a good defender and one is a good winger. I'd want a good right back at right back but how do you justify dropping TAA?

If we're to assume "at their best" then I think the only personnel in 2020 that get a spot in Liverpool's 11 (I'm excluding Fernandes because he's had 90 minutes of Premier League football) are Pogba, Rashford and MAYBE Fred? Before you laugh and take the piss about Fred, he's exactly the kind of box to box energy type of midfielder that Klopp seems to know exactly how to make work. Pogba on form is obvious and Rashford's numbers this season are frankly competing with Liverpool's front three.

For me, Firminho is the one you cannot take out of that Liverpool 3. I don't care about goals scored, he's like their Cantona (shut up and listen) that knits the rest of the talent together. Doesn't get all the goals and numbers but take Firminho out and that mid to attack transition isn't as fruitful. There's a case for Salah out and Rashford in. Mane's playing too well this year to take him out. Or gently caress it go 4-2-4, Pogba and Firminho behind Rashford and Liverpool's front three.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

No current United player gets into our side. Especially Wan Bissaka who is dreadful going forward.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Ewar Woowar posted:

No current United player gets into our side. Especially Wan Bissaka who is dreadful going forward.

If you wouldn't take a Klopp managed Rashford you're a fool.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

You'd think at this point that people would accept our midfielders are good at being midfielders, and that TAA is far from being some type of defensive liability, yet every player in their traits is judged as either being an archetype or just average.

At least the perception of Firmino is moving on from all the pundits going on about how we need to sign a "20 goal a season striker".

Brendan Rodgers fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Feb 17, 2020

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Bundy posted:

For me, Firminho is the one you cannot take out of that Liverpool 3. I don't care about goals scored, he's like their Cantona (shut up and listen) that knits the rest of the talent together. Doesn't get all the goals and numbers but take Firminho out and that mid to attack transition isn't as fruitful. There's a case for Salah out and Rashford in. Mane's playing too well this year to take him out. Or gently caress it go 4-2-4, Pogba and Firminho behind Rashford and Liverpool's front three.

Both Firminho and Cantona have a man Kung Fu kick.

But yeah the problem with all these is that the systems are totally different. Even if he does fit I don't see how Fred makes a case over anyone in Liverpools midfield.

Rashford over Salah is the only case that's even plausible but then again Salah isn't exactly doing badly this year.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty

CyberPingu posted:

Rashford over Salah is the only case that's even plausible
Right thread.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Xabi posted:

Right thread.

Personally I wouldn't choose Rashford over Salah. I think a combined Utd Liverpool XI doesn't have any Utd players.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Bundy posted:

Not over Salah.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

when did people stop sourcing their quotes?

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
increidle synchronising of c&p bad posts into a coherant conversation itt

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Origi has proven himself to be able to come off the bench and win champions leagues knockouts against Barca, he's who Rashford should be compared to, not Salah ffs, Rashford wouldn't be fit to pick up Salah's Maccies, he would completely gently caress up the order. Signed, Right Thread

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing

Remember this lol

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11671/10680154/ronald-koeman-changes-colour-of-his-red-christmas-tree-decorations

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Bundy posted:

Ahead of who exactly? He's not better than Mane or Salah and Rashford is gash down the middle

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Ewar Woowar posted:

Ahead of who exactly? He's not better than Mane or Salah and Rashford is gash down the middle

Before his injury (and while somewhat injured!) he'd scored more than either of them. I think he's younger too?

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

quote:

Football would benefit from a rule outlawing pass-backs to the Goalkeeper.

The constant resets (looking at you, VvD) make for frustrating & dull viewing.

Defenders under more pressure would create more chances, this is absolutely the case.

Pictured, someone who has never watched an SPL game.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Ban backpasses entirely, not just to the goalkeeper

Also repeal offside at the same time

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Only backward passes. Players must call the referee sir.

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

sassassin posted:

Only backward passes. Players must call the referee sir.

Compulsory half time 69 with the boys

an_mutt
Sep 29, 2010

I was,
I am,
and I remain a soldier!

Sworn to dedicate my heart and soul to the restoration of human kind!

Just ban passing imo

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

YOUR LIPS SAY 0, BUT YOUR EYES SAY 1.

Add a 24 second shot clock, imo.

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
https://twitter.com/City_Chief/status/1232319858676727808?s=09

:wtc:

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Preparing for a tour of :canada:?

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

lmao the replies

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

I’d like to point out that it’s the same brand as David Villa’s notorious t-shirt

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

YOUR LIPS SAY 0, BUT YOUR EYES SAY 1.

When did Jay Leno buy the club?

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
double denim is cool and good, but the trend has been going for a few years now and is about to die, as is demonstrated by the fact that footballers are wearing it and it is made by dsquared.

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January
https://twitter.com/TLister77/status/1233486899827937281?s=19

Lmao

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i can’t tell if it’s the most Right Thread or Wrong Thread post but it’s one of them for sure

an_mutt
Sep 29, 2010

I was,
I am,
and I remain a soldier!

Sworn to dedicate my heart and soul to the restoration of human kind!

If I were an Everton fan I'd do it tbh, would be a laugh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Torn on which thread as I found it entertaining, but since it's Merson I went with here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WPwyVUVlGg&t=570s

Who will have the better season if they win the rest of their matches, Liverpool or City (so Premier League vs Carabao/FA Cup/Champions League), with added which is the bigger competition to win, the Premier League or the Champions League. (link should take to the start of the bit, if not it's around 9 minutes 30)

:v: