Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

It might be more of a beta in terms of marketing/promotion. LoL was a game that heavily succeeded due to how aggressively it advertised (among other reasons), I imagine when Riot turns on the ad spigot that the game will get a significantly larger playerbase.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Lord_Magmar posted:

Once again, game is still in Beta and has maybe, 60% of the cards it's planning to release with based on what the devs have been communicating. Elusives and Fearsome are a problem right now but that's just teething issues. Hecarim, Ledros and Rhasa are possibly the only cards that outright need nerfs in Shadow Isles.

I agree with you, actually! It's just that a monthly patch cycle means this game isn't going to hold my attention once the meta crystallizes if this what that looks like. It's not like there's 0 variety right now (you can splash basically whatever you want with Fearsomes/Elusives and have some success,) but they play so similarly that every match against them (or AS them) feels the same, which makes the matches boring. It's way more fun to play into a Piltover deck because at least that will do something different.

E: I think I just find SI's wincons very dull, really, so feeling forced to play it sucks.

mistaya fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Feb 15, 2020

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Got three 7 win reward chests from three expeditions :toot:

The final deck didn't seem like it would go far with Karma, Ashe and later 2 Anivia, but turns out when you toss in about 10 sentry's/shadow assassin's/bjerg's for card draw it's hard to run out of steam, special shoutout to Dawn and Dusk for winning me about 3 games, once with 3 Anivia's wiping out a aggro board when I had 1 HP, once with 3 leveled Ashe's disabling an entire board to hit face and in the final game being used on a shadow assassin to give me 2 blockers and 2 card draw for 6 mana and let me stabilize.

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

Yeah I'm just taking a break until SI gets nerfed. So loving tired of playing against them every single game.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Is whirling death the only ability that let's you kill a committed blocker and still attack with the unit against it?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
The 2 mana demacia duel thing does it too.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

Eraflure posted:

Yeah I'm just taking a break until SI gets nerfed. So loving tired of playing against them every single game.

I've been playing a championless "aristocrats" SI/Freljord deck since launch to great results, but bugger me, the SI/Freljord control decks with Warmother's Call are even more unfair. SI in general is really pushed up in constructed.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I have been playing freljord frostbite with.. A couple of trifarian units as my secondaries

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
I'm still switching back and forth between 2 versions of Fiora barrier (with and without Shen) and Heimer (with and without Ezreal or Karma).

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

Have you heard the Good News?
Gloomy thread vibe

I've been having a lot of success with Ashe/Frostbite decks, splashing both Noxus (for card draw/Legion Drummer+Challengers combo) and Demacia (for Detain, Purify, cheap Challengers). Ranked is, admittedly, super boring at the moment, because you have way too many people replicating decks seen on mobalytics or DoR who see "META #1 MASTER DECK" in the description and just build that and roll with it. It's kinda good in terms of trying to climb, because Ashe/Frostbite's worst matchup is literally never played, but it's tremendously boring running into the same three decks ad nauseum. This is obviously a symptom of the small cardpool and limited amount of discussion about what is good or bad in this game, but it still exists. If you care about getting an e-badge of honor for getting a good grade in Ranked, construct a deck that can fight spiders/Fearsomes/Elusives and get lots and lots of freebie wins.

I actually went a tear earlier with Garen Elites, but if you don't get a Battlesmith in your top 8 cards or so you may as well just surrender. It runs slightly better than I imagined it would, but it's still pretty mediocre in most games and straight up loses 9:1 against control decks.

Karma/Lux that the sibling is running is doing remarkably well, and I feel is getting mildly slept on. It can be grueling, but if you can drive the game to round 10 (i.e. you only need to survive 5 rounds where they have the button!) and drop Karma and Lux together, that effectively just ends the game right there, it's pretty crazy. Every 3 mana spent generates a Final Spark, every Final Spark is cast twice for 8 Overwhelm on a unit of your choice, etc. Getting Greenglade Caretaker and/or Purify early dramatically increases your odds of survival, but it duels a lot of decks fairly evenly. Cute little deck to run if you're looking for a break from "put down stats, turn them sideways" decks.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Yeah ashe frostbite challengers with the Legion drummer is a super fun deck

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

guts and bolts posted:

Gloomy thread vibe

I've been having a lot of success with Ashe/Frostbite decks, splashing both Noxus (for card draw/Legion Drummer+Challengers combo) and Demacia (for Detain, Purify, cheap Challengers). Ranked is, admittedly, super boring at the moment, because you have way too many people replicating decks seen on mobalytics or DoR who see "META #1 MASTER DECK" in the description and just build that and roll with it. It's kinda good in terms of trying to climb, because Ashe/Frostbite's worst matchup is literally never played, but it's tremendously boring running into the same three decks ad nauseum. This is obviously a symptom of the small cardpool and limited amount of discussion about what is good or bad in this game, but it still exists. If you care about getting an e-badge of honor for getting a good grade in Ranked, construct a deck that can fight spiders/Fearsomes/Elusives and get lots and lots of freebie wins.

I actually went a tear earlier with Garen Elites, but if you don't get a Battlesmith in your top 8 cards or so you may as well just surrender. It runs slightly better than I imagined it would, but it's still pretty mediocre in most games and straight up loses 9:1 against control decks.

Karma/Lux that the sibling is running is doing remarkably well, and I feel is getting mildly slept on. It can be grueling, but if you can drive the game to round 10 (i.e. you only need to survive 5 rounds where they have the button!) and drop Karma and Lux together, that effectively just ends the game right there, it's pretty crazy. Every 3 mana spent generates a Final Spark, every Final Spark is cast twice for 8 Overwhelm on a unit of your choice, etc. Getting Greenglade Caretaker and/or Purify early dramatically increases your odds of survival, but it duels a lot of decks fairly evenly. Cute little deck to run if you're looking for a break from "put down stats, turn them sideways" decks.

I think if the game gets a little slower, Karma is going to immediately become a top tier pick. Once you start playing more for value instead of mid-range, being able to rummage and draw 4 cards for 1 mana, or buff any unit out of direct damage death, is going to be crazy good.

Lmao at Enlightened Karma casting two Winter Breath's

Studio fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Feb 16, 2020

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Yeah I’ve also been playing a lot of frostbite midrange. Ashe is powerful if you can get her to stick. The frost rime wolves and trifrarian glory seekers are great at catching removal

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Studio posted:

I think if the game gets a little slower, Karma is going to immediately become a top tier pick. Once you start playing more for value instead of mid-range, being able to rummage and draw 4 cards for 1 mana, or buff any unit out of direct damage death, is going to be crazy good.

Lmao at Enlightened Karma casting two Winter Breath's

I'm pretty sure it's the only way to get the double winter's breath board wipe. Gotten it in Expedition once and it definitely won me that round. Karma's also incredibly gross with the "Heal 7" card (x2). I really, really want to play a Karma deck, I think she's my favorite champ card, but I haven't gotten any of her yet. :( I'd love to run Ashe which is also real fun and thinky in how you play the frostbites but haven't gotten any of her either. (Or Ezreal which would probably be my third choice.)

If I get a third Teemo I think I'm going to go full cancer-deck and to hell with it.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

This is... Week 3 of expeditions? And I'm starting to get pretty unenthusiastic about the mode. It can take a long time to get through a single trial, let alone 2, and the 7th win being a single game has gone from "Neat diversion" to frustrating because of bad opening hands.

mistaya posted:

I'm pretty sure it's the only way to get the double winter's breath board wipe. Gotten it in Expedition once and it definitely won me that round. Karma's also incredibly gross with the "Heal 7" card (x2). I really, really want to play a Karma deck, I think she's my favorite champ card, but I haven't gotten any of her yet. :( I'd love to run Ashe which is also real fun and thinky in how you play the frostbites but haven't gotten any of her either. (Or Ezreal which would probably be my third choice.)

If I get a third Teemo I think I'm going to go full cancer-deck and to hell with it.

Craft 'em. Use the wild cards. USE 'EM

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Studio posted:

This is... Week 3 of expeditions? And I'm starting to get pretty unenthusiastic about the mode. It can take a long time to get through a single trial, let alone 2, and the 7th win being a single game has gone from "Neat diversion" to frustrating because of bad opening hands.

7th win needs to still follow the 2 losses rule and the reward curve needs smoothed out so getting 6 wins instead of 7 doesn't feel so crushing. I think the "break even" point on shards being at 5 or 6 wins is fine when they already make expeditions have a weekly cap so you can't just infinitely get shards from it anyway.

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

Here's a mild effortpost about Ashe deck tech.

Decide if you're going to run Demacia or Noxus.
Demacia is less frequently played, but gives you access to a wider suite of cheap Challenger keywords like Fleetfeather Tracker and Laurent Protégé; in addition, you can include underrated cards in this shell like Single Combat and Purify, which are game-changing (especially on turns where you have multiple Frostbite effects up and a Rimefang Wolf in play). It's cheaper, and therefore somewhat faster, but costs you all card draw in the deck and features fewer options for murdering high-health threats. Babbling Bjerg also only fetches either Avarosan Hearthguard or Ashe absent deck buffs from Omen Hawk or the aforementioned Hearthguard, which can be good or bad depending on how your game is going.

Noxus will generally have higher costs included in the deck, but gives you access to the Legion Drummer + a Challenger combo and you can include Trifarian Assessor to manufacture card draws in a deck shell that otherwise has very few options to do so. Trifarian Gloryseeker is a high value pick here, and you can include Culling Strike to taste. Bjerg now fetches Gloryseeker in addition to Hearthguard and Ashe, which, as mentioned, can be good or bad, depending.

Gaara and Xixo both have decks posted on Decks of Runeterra that run Frostbite out of a Freljord/Noxus shell, although they have differences (such as including/excluding Anivia and whether or not to run Avalanche). I also primarily use Noxus, although the deck I'm running is slightly different to both of these, but it's hard to say what is strictly better at this stage. Elixir of Iron is easy to overlook and is a very solid include, and Avalanche has its uses, but I've cut both and opted to include Rimetusk Shaman and Culling Strike. I don't think my version is necessarily better, but it does different things, like auto-kill Fiora through Barrier at the expense of creating early trades out of nowhere. Rimetusk Shaman doesn't feature in either of the Master tier decks, but it has absolutely won me games. I don't bother with Anivia because I don't really like Anivia, but I don't think my opinion should weigh more than theirs (or yours).

Acquaint yourself with common threats in your meta.
This is good advice just generally, but Frostbite decks create advantage by being flexible in how they deal with threats. Most other decks currently played at high levels in the meta are based around efficiency and value in terms of statting and keywords, and they almost pilot themselves - there is almost always a strictly "best" play to make in Fearsome aggro, Noxus spiders, or Elusive aggro, so most players in Ranked will just do that. Frostbite gives you adaptability, but it can be hard to determine exactly when to deploy your freezes to maximize their effect when you first start playing. Going into specific strats against common Ranked decks would cost more words than I'm willing to spend, but even if I did type up a summary it's best to just play and figure it out.

How you mulligan will also vary wildly depending on what you're playing against. Unlike some other decks that might feel compelled to hold an expensive win con if they draw it in their opening hand, Frostbite can fetch Ashe with Bjerg or the Assessor draw combo if you can get it. Ashe is also most assuredly a win condition in this shell, so protect her accordingly. Something else to consider: unless you run Culling Strike, there are zero non-Burst spells in the deck. This is really cool, but it means that if you're playing against Ionia of almost any stripe, the likelihood that Crystal Arrow will get hit by Deny is really, really high, as Deny is a dead card in every other context - they have literally nothing else to play it on, and the handy dandy hypergeometric calculator can tell you that even if they're running 2-of, the chances of them having Deny by round 5 are only slightly worse than a coin flip. You can't depend on Crystal Arrow to win you the game the turn you draw it as a result. Play around Deny or force them to hold mana to at least bluff the Deny indefinitely, because a successful Crystal Arrow usually wins the game.

Keep in mind common costs for removal and their conditions for play, if they have any, and play your own cards accordingly. Sometimes it's better to just take zero damage after a freeze than guarantee a kill by blocking with Rimefang Wolf, simply because doing so would turn on Black Spear, for example.

Understand attacking.
This goes without saying but if you have Ashe leveled, use Burst freezes before you click Attack, or they will still be able to use un-frozen units to block. Ashe herself also freezes the highest power remaining, so you needn't spend a target of Harsh Winds on, say, Tryndamere (in most cases). Another thing to consider under those circumstances: when to use your Challenger units to thin their board and when to just let their units sit at 0 power and remain unable to block to push through chonky damage (or lethal!). In the Noxus shell you usually present lethal if you have a good board and they're frozen up; in Demacia you lose some oomph, so you may be more likely to kill off units to thin their board if you can't straight up kill their Nexus off of a Harsh Winds/Crystal Arrow. Totally a contextual call.

In terms of mid-combat swerves, Culling Strike is a good answer to kill stuff through Barrier if the Rimefang Wolf isn't out or otherwise occupied, and almost always provides an answer to a post-Frostbite buff your opponent may try to sneak in to create a trade. Elixir of Iron cheats your way to winning early trades you might otherwise lose (and inures valuable units to Avalanche damage if you intend to drop one after a fight). Other than that it's just more freezes.

Freezes have different values.
Icevale Archer is still high-value, but feel free to deploy one to put the body on the board and generate level-up fodder for Ashe, particularly if he's been buffed by Omen Hawk(s) or Avarosan Hearthguard(s). Brittle Steel naturally starts to fall off the longer games go on and higher health totals hit the board, but it's inexpensive; don't be afraid to burn one on early threats to prevent going too far into a deficit on your Nexus. Flash Freeze and Harsh Winds are extremely high value and should be deployed judiciously, as having one or more of each or both card can be the difference between winning and losing on a single Ashe swing. Rimetusk Shaman has provided a ton of value for me in the Noxus configuration because it effectively stalls a lot of decks, but if you don't have them on curve and are already behind, they can feel kinda bad. It's probably a safe cut, but I love the drat things. Ashe herself is obviously the highest value card that creates freezes in your deck.

guts and bolts fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Feb 16, 2020

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Quick Ashe note, because I've done it myself and felt EXTREMELY cool. If the target of her level up becomes invalid (Nuked by spell damage, recalled, etc.) you lose the entire effect, including card draw and the low hp minion freezing.

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

Studio posted:

Quick Ashe note, because I've done it myself and felt EXTREMELY cool. If the target of her level up becomes invalid (Nuked by spell damage, recalled, etc.) you lose the entire effect, including card draw and the low hp minion freezing.
Good point. Crystal Arrow is a game winner in the same way that, say, Judgment is, except it doesn't murder your mana pool to cast it (and you explicitly cannot cast it in combat, whereas that's the only time you can cast Judgment). At Slow you give your opponent the chance to play a unit even if they eat the effects of the arrow, and obviously it has next to zero use against huge beef boards. However, it absolutely crushes a lot of common meta decks if it goes off, and it's actually really effective to just let it sit in your hand, because your opponent will absolutely know you have it. If they have a way to stop the arrow, they essentially can never spend down to having less than that much mana any turn on which you have the button, and since it's just 2 mana itself you're free to spend pretty casually to create opportunities. It's isn't foolproof, but it's a useful card.

e: Crystal Arrow being somewhat easily played around was what motivated me to swap from Avalanche to Rimetusk Shaman in the first place. If Rimetusk is up and you draw into a Harsh Winds, that's 4+ units that eat a freeze anyway.

guts and bolts fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Feb 16, 2020

dead in real life
Jun 17, 2012

Zerilan posted:

7th win needs to still follow the 2 losses rule and the reward curve needs smoothed out so getting 6 wins instead of 7 doesn't feel so crushing. I think the "break even" point on shards being at 5 or 6 wins is fine when they already make expeditions have a weekly cap so you can't just infinitely get shards from it anyway.

I tend to agree with this. To me it seems like they're trying to mimic the LoL promos feel for the 7th win game -- to have this spike in importance and tension. More often than not I think it just feels bad.

To be clear, yes, all of the rest of the expedition system is super forgiving. But when the gap between 6 win and 7 win rewards is this big, suddenly making it do-or-die at the end just feels all the more jarring

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot
Anyone know of an estimated time of arrival for when the "beta" hits mobile devices?

King Pawn
Apr 24, 2010
For those playing Ashe midrange - try a couple copies of Reckoning. It's good.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Is there a known bug where champion levelups can sometimes fully heal them? I've had it happen to both Thresh and Hecarim in recent memory, perhaps it's related to too many extra units trying to fit on the board so the game "removes" your new champion card because it lacks room, but remembers it's supposed to still be on the board, so it's replaced with a full health version.

Just used dawn and dusk on a 4/1 Hecarim, I end up attacking with the three 4/1 Hecarim's and the board ends up with a 2 health ephemeral and the other two at 7 health including my original Hecarim, there were 3 too many spectral riders to fit on the board, the leftmost hecarim was the lowest health.

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
That one in ten games where it works well

I'm very close on giving up on the game until SI and Elusives are nerfMY TRAINING IS... UNCONVENTIONAL

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Thresh leveling up mid-combat and lanterning in a Hecarim (who then spawns riders) to finish the enemy nexus on the turn before you get crushed is really quite funny.

Also I tested Purify last night in a game was severely losing anyways, it absolutely deletes your detained unit even if you have an empty board. Also you cannot Purify Kalista's bond-buff +2 off an enemy.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

mistaya posted:

Also you cannot Purify Kalista's bond-buff +2 off an enemy.

Of course it won't, the unit kalista is buffing doesn't have the card text that's buffing it, you'd have to silence kalista.

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Of course it won't, the unit kalista is buffing doesn't have the card text that's buffing it, you'd have to silence kalista.

You can't Purify Champions.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

guts and bolts posted:

You can't Purify Champions.

I know that, but the only way your getting rid of a buff that's being applied by another alive card on the board is removing that card.

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
I literally never have seen a Kalista in constructed, and only once in draft. If her HP wasn't loving 2 normal and 3 leveled she might become more than a joke pick though.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

What, you don't like having to attack with a character that A) doesn't want to do and B) has the text 'can only be blocked by things that would kill me anyway'?

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Eh, while Kalista is bad, in expedition Kalista has done some work for me, she isn't some win condition like Hecarim or Zed or Lucian, but a 3 mana 4/2 fearsome that can potentially bring back something useful like a 1-2 mana last breath generate a card like mageseeker isn't the worst, best case scenario she brings back something good since you played her later.

Use Kalista as a one-time value generator after 3 allies died or best case scenario she eats a more expensive removal card or you have a spell that keeps her alive during combat to summon another bonded dude.
Shame about her anti-synergy with revive effects since she is from SI with Rekindler.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Feb 16, 2020

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I know that, but the only way your getting rid of a buff that's being applied by another alive card on the board is removing that card.
Oh, heard. My bad.

Baller Time posted:

I literally never have seen a Kalista in constructed, and only once in draft. If her HP wasn't loving 2 normal and 3 leveled she might become more than a joke pick though.
It isn't even just that, it's that

Hellioning posted:

What, you don't like having to attack with a character that A) doesn't want to do and B) has the text 'can only be blocked by things that would kill me anyway'?
this exists and Kalista is somehow either the same cost or more expensive than Lucian, Elise, Ezreal, and Fiora (among others), plus

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Shame about her anti-synergy with revive effects since she is from SI with Rekindler.
exists and makes her absolutely terrible to revive or summon to board in any way other than playing from hand on top of everything else. Kalista might be my pick for the worst Champion in the game

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Kalista being really good (presumably in closed beta, as someone said iirc) and then being nerfed into uselessness is actually very on brand for a League of Legends game :v:

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Kalista’s old thing was her bonded ally would take all the damage for her, hence her level up resummoning her bonded ally and her relatively low health.

Thresh also used to heal when he saw things die, which was harsh to work out in your head.

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

release my 20 hp mundo card riot you cowards

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

Monathin posted:

Kalista being really good (presumably in closed beta, as someone said iirc) and then being nerfed into uselessness is actually very on brand for a League of Legends game :v:
Quite!

Lord_Magmar posted:

Kalista's old thing was her bonded ally would take all the damage for her, hence her level up resummoning her bonded ally and her relatively low health.

Thresh also used to heal when he saw things die, which was harsh to work out in your head.
I'm honestly not even sure that would make Kalista feel OP. Certainly much stronger, but that's arguably desirable at this pitiable state of her existence. Maybe a damage split between her and her bonded ally would be fine? Outside of Arachnoid Horror and Frenzied Skitterer (which both likely need to be either increased in cost or nerfed stat-wise) there aren't many very good targets for her to hit with her bond in SI. Crocolith at 4? Iron Harbinger at 3? How does Undying interact with Kalista, does it stay bonded when it revives or no? (I'm guessing no and her level up will feature her level-up summoning a 2|2 Undying, which feels, you know, bad.)

Thresh healing on any unit death is a bit much. Maybe on enemy death exclusively? But he's probably fine the way he is.

DrOgreface
Jun 22, 2013

His Evil Never Sleeps
Just picked this up and finished the tutorial, played some pvp with the starter Noxus SI deck. Is there a good cheap deck to work towards/regions I should level up first for a brand new account? I’ve played years of Hearthstone and have hit legend a bunch of times so I have a reasonable understanding of card game basics. Rogue is my favorite class in HS. Should I just clear dailies and try to get 3 wins in pvp a day? And should I be rerolling 1k xp quests? Thanks!

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I've never rerolled a 1k into 1.5k. Not sure if it's possible or not at this point.
Any deck without champions is cheap, and there are a few good ones. It looks like the term is coming to be 'ronin' for those decks

Elnuk is good for budget and this seems to. Be a good starting list https://decksofruneterra.com/decks/2bwVdzaX

SSJ_naruto_2003 fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Feb 17, 2020

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

You can reroll into a 1500, it's just random if you do or not. I mostly use my rerolls on like, "play decks you straight up do not have" though.

DrOgreface posted:

Just picked this up and finished the tutorial, played some pvp with the starter Noxus SI deck. Is there a good cheap deck to work towards/regions I should level up first for a brand new account? I’ve played years of Hearthstone and have hit legend a bunch of times so I have a reasonable understanding of card game basics. Rogue is my favorite class in HS. Should I just clear dailies and try to get 3 wins in pvp a day? And should I be rerolling 1k xp quests? Thanks!

There's going to be a balance patch on Tuesday that may shake up what's good so I'd just bank materials for a couple days and play the starter packs plus whatever you get for free from your level ups. Aim for lvl 8 with all regions once you unlock region rewards and you'll get enough materials to build whatever you'd like pretty quickly. The freljord deck is the best of the starter decks.

mistaya fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Feb 17, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Edit: ^^^ :mad:

Note that there's supposed to be a balance patch in like 36 hours, and no one is quite sure how Riot plans to balance Runeterra. I would mess around in an expedition and with starter decks for the next couple days