Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

Backweb posted:

I'm worried for those who've been sealed into their homes... what happens if the food distributors get sick?

Then you are on your own.

https://twitter.com/madmanbegins/status/1229160072997036032?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

This report cites as their evidence the two authors (at a minute in) of the exact same paper that got torn apart by this thread as totally lacking professional rigor and being typed up in the tone of a propaganda piece for people who don't know how research papers usually vet their own statistics and claims.

You're making this thread less informative, you can't browse Chinese social media like some of us, the sources you do find turn out to be Steve Bannon and Modi spam accounts, and you should go do something else.

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

Prester Jane posted:

The video is legit and is popping up all over, I just happened to grab it from one of the many Twitter accounts that have posted it.

And it's not just Maca Chad's advancing The Accidental release Theory, this is mainstream South Korean news:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZC0gww2yznI

I got this video from a friend in China earlier today. he said it was supposedly recorded in the countryside (possibly outside Wuhan) where people are being sent for quarantine.

Backweb
Feb 14, 2009

Starting a house fire while under quarantine is not in line with Xi Jinping Thought. :rolleyes:

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit
This is from the final video of one of the whistleblowers who disappeared.

https://twitter.com/TomthunkitsMind/status/1229206401265872896?s=19

Prester Jane fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Feb 17, 2020

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Backweb posted:

Lol. China's leadership still thinks a public health disaster can be propaganda'd away.

the [Ineffectual Authoritarian Flailing] will continue until *nationalism* improves

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

You need help. Take a break.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

silentsnack posted:

the [Ineffectual Authoritarian Flailing] will continue until *nationalism* improves

the unnamed country would have a ineffective response at best.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Hit Man posted:

Anyone have stats on how many are cured/survived?

real stats?

No.

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

a.lo posted:

Is there a cure yet? I am flying to Egypt

Okay indy

Dog Toothbrush
Oct 21, 2019

by Reene
free prester Jane

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit
https://twitter.com/The_World_Is_Y/status/1228799528700170240?s=19

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

MarcusSA posted:

real stats?

No.

Accurate information will be released at the same time as the final Dem Iowa caucus results

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010

Hit Man posted:

https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Hit Man posted:

This isn't bad for "official" numbers. I know the URL looks awful but still...

https://covid19info.live/

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

Hit Man posted:

This video records a conversation between a doctor and a nurse and is from very early on in the outbreak (at the time the official death total was around 40).

https://twitter.com/Dutch_Daytrader/status/1228564341575675905?s=09

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
I understand why PJ freaking her(his?)self out and rushing to the thread and reposting every unverified bilibili video from China. Do you think other jaded posters will repost your posts en mass to twitters? No this thread is where information come to die and only the funny bits get quoted. What's your hurry? Pipe down.

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
Brutal new probation av. Long live kittyjail

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Had a patient tonight who got lockdown procedures for possible coronavirus. From an area effected, timeline fit, flu symptoms, etc.

Turns out he just had metastatic lung cancer with mets to the brain.

So bullet dodged, I guess.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

FizFashizzle posted:

Had a patient tonight who got lockdown procedures for possible coronavirus. From an area effected, timeline fit, flu symptoms, etc.

lucky ducky

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

FizFashizzle posted:

Ouch what a diagnosis to get when you just thought it was the flu.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

lol PJ :rip:

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

stephenthinkpad posted:

Who cares? Maybe post this in the China threads? This is not relevant to the virus discussion.

yeah, for gently caress's sake this thread is for insane conspiracyposting

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
free prester jane the only one posting real info itt

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

:rip: PJ

Dog Toothbrush
Oct 21, 2019

by Reene
:rip: PJ

Ogantai
Apr 21, 2003

Full of bologna

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1229237104489705473

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

who is pj

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

a.lo posted:

who is pj

:rip:

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

this quarantine against pj's posts is further proof that the truth is being withheld from us

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
mods knew

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Backweb posted:

Legit thought this was a Dees image at first.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
That new probation avatar makes me laugh every single time I see it

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

a.lo posted:

who is pj

my friend, you might need to sit down for this.

Illuminti
Dec 3, 2005

Praise be to China's Covid-Zero Policy

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

it's a crazy thing but yeah i think it'd just be over one day and people would pick their lives back up and go back to work. oh, and one or both of your parents are dead, a few friends, etc. but people adjust to pretty extreme circumstances. i don't think people would talk about it much after the fact.

Yes, your made up disease that kills a billion people would certainly be worthy of a sarcastic post

Lokar
Mar 10, 2006

redleader posted:

yeah, for gently caress's sake this thread is for insane conspiracyposting

for real

I love check this thread on break from my hospital job - where I have to deal with short staffing, untrained coworkers, drug backorders and huge technology gently caress ups that make everything worse

like it took the maintenance people a week to install a new pneumatic tube station (it’s smart! and connected to the internet now!) where it broke multiple times this weekend - so we had to send staff to run around a half mile long hospital to deliver meds in 600 bed facility. needless to say there was multiple delays of critical meds. the maintenance people (who used to be able to fix the tube system) now say they weren’t trained on the new technology so we are all poo poo out of luck till Monday)

this is typical poo poo I deal with every day. America’s hospital systems are already overloaded so if get anything that’s the normal flu but somewhat more contagious and somewhat more severe it’ll be a shitshow

give me unverified videos so I can see my coming doom and get pumped

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

a.lo posted:

who is pj

Five or six years ago they had some interesting insights to how cults functioned. It's sad to see them engaging in precisely the kind of behavior they condemned back then.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Prester Jane posted:

This is from the final video of one of the whistleblowers who disappeared.

https://twitter.com/TomthunkitsMind/status/1229206401265872896?s=19

See this clip is actually a great example of why I find these various video leaks to be not really convincing, because they make it pretty clear that there's an alternative explanation. If you're a repressive authoritarian state covering up thousands of deaths, yeah, you might arrest and/or disappear citizen journalists exposing your coverup, that response would make sense. But also, if you're a repressive authoritarian state legitimately trying to fight against an unprecedented disease outbreak and there were people spreading exaggerated or even outright fake videos and rumours and then using those videos and rumours to call for open rebellion against the state, you might arrest and/or disappear those people the same way. From where we're all sitting it's really hard to tell which of those things is happening, and until we have more information I'm not prepared to jump to either conclusion--especially since what we've seen of this disease in other countries so far doesn't match up with the wild stories that millions of Chinese people are being cremated every day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

a.lo posted:

who is pj

Someone please post Galtse.txt.

vyelkin posted:

See this clip is actually a great example of why I find these various video leaks to be not really convincing, because they make it pretty clear that there's an alternative explanation. If you're a repressive authoritarian state covering up thousands of deaths, yeah, you might arrest and/or disappear citizen journalists exposing your coverup, that response would make sense. But also, if you're a repressive authoritarian state legitimately trying to fight against an unprecedented disease outbreak and there were people spreading exaggerated or even outright fake videos and rumours and then using those videos and rumours to call for open rebellion against the state, you might arrest and/or disappear those people the same way. From where we're all sitting it's really hard to tell which of those things is happening, and until we have more information I'm not prepared to jump to either conclusion--especially since what we've seen of this disease in other countries so far doesn't match up with the wild stories that millions of Chinese people are being cremated every day.

What, you don't trust the Falun Gong?

Horseshoe theory fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Feb 17, 2020