Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Laserface posted:

we owe this man for helping to produce the single best motor vehicle the world has ever seen.

The least we could do is unban him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

baaderbrains posted:

Oh awesome. I'd also recommend from less active bands Whitehorse (full disclosure: I played in the first lineup of this band but they got way better after I left haha) and Peeping Tom, if you haven't checked them out.

WoFest looks cool but I kinda can't really get out to shows unless I've got the excuse of playing these days. Life kinda happened.

Nice.

A muso.

:350:

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

Looking up the right time of year to make my pumpkin flowers gently caress each other like Ken dolls

I have 8 Asian spinach plants going at the moment and that is more than enough , I'm looking to grow kangkong to avoid a potato famine situation at the jestery house

Apperently it can be harvested in 20-30 days

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I am very clueless about the sub-species of things we are growing but we have 1 of about 9 different spinach plants on the go atm and same for thyme and basil, and they're all flowering and getting swarmed by bees so there are gonna be some real gnarly hybrids of those things growing out here in a couple of years

iRend
Jun 21, 2004

MOTHER, DID YOU eeeeeayyyyy.... ooooooaaa... ff.

NITROUS DIVISION
hey blow do you know what this is

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

iRend posted:

Fungus?

Wet rice chip?

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

I am very clueless about the sub-species of things we are growing but we have 1 of about 9 different spinach plants on the go atm and same for thyme and basil, and they're all flowering and getting swarmed by bees so there are gonna be some real gnarly hybrids of those things growing out here in a couple of years

Fig.

Chilli and parsley.

Rosemary.

Bonus loving magpie!

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

I like rosemary BC it grows like a weed.
Gonna have to go through my plants at the current place and see what's died from neglect and what's still kicking that I can take to the new place.

Got a north facing balcony which is good for sunlight and it's semi shady so would be good for a little herb garden

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

I've got rosemary in a big pot and it isn't growing at all which is confusing coz at the old place I lived I did the same thing and that rosemary grew huge even without me watering it.

Is my rosemary defective?

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

RIP Holden, destroyer of environment, power poles and chrome wheels Australia wide.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

2047: the birth rate has nose dived as the last commodore back seat has been cubed

naeka
Sep 1, 2008

they'll take my commodore over my dead body

naeka
Sep 1, 2008

jokes i want the fucker to die already so i can justify buying something new

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

It’s been downhill since they discontinued the torana anyway

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

2047: the birth rate has nose dived as the last commodore back seat has been cubed
i thought using the back seat was what reduced the birth rate?

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
I was very worried when I saw the article because it said that GM was getting out of RHD entirely, but apparently this does not extend to high margin products like Corvette, Camaro, and Silverado.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

~Coxy posted:

I was very worried when I saw the article because it said that GM was getting out of RHD entirely, but apparently this does not extend to high margin products like Corvette, Camaro, and Silverado.

its pretty fuckin hilarious that they are getting out of RHD when you can in fact design a car capable of being built as either, for example like basically every japanese car.

I guess symmetry is considered part of the metric system or something.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

lol remember when the revamp Monaro came out and it was literally just a 2 door commodore. It shared so much with the normal car that the lights and stuff were interchangeable. Possibly one of the laziest ever designs.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
I wish more cars had interchangeable parts.

Arg gently caress, my Hilux cracked its engine block. But no worries, I've got a pathfinder on bricks out back.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

well why not posted:

lol remember when the revamp Monaro came out and it was literally just a 2 door commodore. It shared so much with the normal car that the lights and stuff were interchangeable. Possibly one of the laziest ever designs.

remember when holden and ford both continued to produce full size sedans in an era when the market was more interested in buying SUVs and they both continued doing this for years and years and then failed?

pretty funny imo.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Laserface posted:

remember when holden and ford both continued to produce full size sedans in an era when the market was more interested in buying SUVs and they both continued doing this for years and years and then failed?

pretty funny imo.

Classic Australian business tactic of continuing to do the exact same poo poo over and over while the world changes then asking the government to hamper the competition.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Airstream Driver posted:

I've got rosemary in a big pot and it isn't growing at all which is confusing coz at the old place I lived I did the same thing aned that rosemary grew huge even without me watering it.

Is my rosemary defective?

I thought all of my herbs were dead until I went to throw them out yesterday and saw the tiniest signs of life. The rosemary stems still bend even though it looks dead as a doornail so I cut it back hard and watered it.

I've never managed to kill rosemary yet so I'm hoping this won't be the first time.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Megabound posted:

Classic Australian business tactic of continuing to do the exact same poo poo over and over while the world changes then asking the government to hamper the competition.

the best bet is there is *still* tariffs on any car that is imported from a foreign country (this was to protect locally made vehicle sales, which ended in 2017.)

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Laserface posted:

pretty funny imo.

Yep and Mitsubishi tried to dig out a portion for themselves with the 380 which failed instantly.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
I've always struggled with rosemary

I can't get it growing :(

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS

iRend posted:

Looks like Aricularia

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
Better do a new run of man-cave tin signs.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
I know a couple of posters in this thread have female friends and relatives with cancer. I attended a Look Good, Feel Better workshop this morning and cannot recommend them highly enough.

They run at 180 locations throughout Australia but if you can't attend they will send you out the make-up kit (high end products) and a DVD on the techniques.

Definitely a worthwhile way to spend a couple of hours.

https://lgfb.org.au/

Lolie fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Feb 17, 2020

naeka
Sep 1, 2008

Lolie posted:

I know a couple of posters in this thread have female friends and relatives with cancer. I attended a Look Good, Feel Better workshop this morning and cannot recommend them highly enough.

They run at 180 locations throughout Australia but if you can't attend they will send you out the make-up kit (high end products) and a DVD on the techniques.

just looked em up and sounds like a great thing. thank you for posting this, i deal with quite a few cancer patients in my career who will appreciate it and i will definitely share it.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

naeka posted:

just looked em up and sounds like a great thing. thank you for posting this, i deal with quite a few cancer patients in my career who will appreciate it and i will definitely share it.

I've discovered all these organisations I didn't even know existed in the last couple of months. I've also learned a lot more about how money donated to various organisations is used and it's made me a lot less cynical in the age of awareness and compassion fatigue.

The rather impressive "Confidence Kit".

Lolie fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Feb 17, 2020

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Lolie posted:

Cheers mate, I'll pass on some info about this to mum. Got her a coupla turbans from that joint you recommended, she was pretty stoked. Thanks.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
I had an EH wagon that was an Edgells company car.
I also ruined my back permanently, waddling across a shed carrying a red motor (179)

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

ili posted:

Cheers mate, I'll pass on some info about this to mum. Got her a coupla turbans from that joint you recommended, she was pretty stoked. Thanks.

I just added up the value of the goody bag. Using the cheapest prices I could find it still came to well over $400.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Warms the bitter cockles of my heart. Enjoy it in good health Lolie.

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010

tardwrangler posted:

I had an EH wagon that was an Edgells company car.
I also ruined my back permanently, waddling across a shed carrying a red motor (179)

My last school had a red engine that had been pulled apart by the students doing auto. There was no hope in hell that that engine was ever going to be reassembled into something workable. My current school has a fleet of 2 stroke mowers donated by the shop round the corner ready to be torn apart and rebuilt by the sorts of kids who'd pick auto or metal over anyother TAS subject.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
Katoomba High had a cutaway BSA650 twin for years before Boppa Dzwynyk liberated it from the storeroom under the assembly hall stage. Probably still on the top of his fridge.

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010

tardwrangler posted:

Katoomba High had a cutaway BSA650 twin for years before Boppa Dzwynyk liberated it from the storeroom under the assembly hall stage. Probably still on the top of his fridge.

While I was at Katoomba High the Industrial Arts teachers nearly made their end of the school collapse after they attempted to dig a tunnel from the timber store to the woodwork room and a couple of the support beams started to crack. I'd teach there but its a) to close to my house and b) I'd end up with a head teacher who's a bit of a dragon lady.

femcastra
Apr 25, 2008

If you want him,
come and knit him!

Lolie posted:

My aunties both did that after chemo and have since started volunteering with them and breacan to help other women going through cancer.

Great initiative.

Aule
Oct 16, 2019

Blow posted:

Fungus?

Wet rice chip?

Hmmm since he doesn’t know what it is I can only assume it won’t get you high

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
Whats the etiquette for pulling cones on the balcony in a block of flats? I seem to be the only one out here in a streetfull.
Brissy is stifling and Im dying without the sea breeze