Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Oscar is undoubtedly a fifth stage guild navigator

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
"Up close they always look like dunes, but nope, they're balls"

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
I always expected that Duncan Idaho Orgasm Climb to be kind of exaggerated, like "she watched his rippling muscles as he ascended, it made her feel warm, inside, like a woman."

Nope. Turns out it's just "she came"

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

davidspackage posted:

I always expected that Duncan Idaho Orgasm Climb to be kind of exaggerated, like "she watched his rippling muscles as he ascended, it made her feel warm, inside, like a woman."

Once again proving that Herbert was a prolific faker.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Anne Frank Funk posted:

Muffdivers edit

Please, it's the Beefswellers edit

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006
I'd rather be a climbing ape than a big titty angel.

The slow beefswell penetrates the shield

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
When I was younger, I was really into the concept of "Jihad".
I got so deep into it, I found myself mentally saying " KUL WAHEED" over and over.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

davidspackage posted:

The way this thread talks about it, I assumed it was Duncs vaulting a metre-high garden wall or something. Not a titanic murder-cliff. That's a bit more impressive.

Time Cowboy
Nov 4, 2007

But Tarzan... The strangest thing has happened! I'm as bare... as the day I was born!

Johnny Aztec posted:

When I was younger, I was really into the concept of "Jihad".
I got so deep into it, I found myself mentally saying " KUL WAHEED" over and over.

This sounds like it should be prefaced with something like “Permabanned poster SardaukarStomper69 here...”

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

i would advise all people who "get" zensunni to be careful because that likely means you have a predisposition to a mental illness. peace.

Ulf
Jul 15, 2001

FOUR COLORS
ONE LOVE
Nap Ghost

euphronius posted:

Indiana :: Idaho
Jones :: Duncan

We named the dog Idaho!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Ulf posted:

We named the dog Idaho!

I may name a dog Duncan now because of this

It's a good dog name I think

Heather Papps
Nov 1, 2007

hello friend

shame on an IGA posted:

i would advise all people who "get" zensunni to be careful because that likely means you have a predisposition to a mental illness. peace.

where were you a decade ago?

Joke Miriam
Nov 17, 2019

I'm embarassed I need to ask but, is that Pete Buttigieg picture fake?

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

It's both fake and extremely real in that you can be 100% sure that he would enjoy the collection of words pictured.

Joke Miriam
Nov 17, 2019

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

It is kinda funny how one Duncan manages to kill him in the end,that one beingThe loving River.

A dunk in the Idaho

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006

Joke Miriam posted:

A dunk in the Idaho

God drat it.

That's up there with spice = melange = mix/variety = variety is the spice of life. Feel like I've been pranked by Ol' Horny Frank.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
Sometimes I wonder about Ol' Horny Frank's wife. Was she the freakiest of freaks? Or did she get to the bit about wall-gasms and refuse to look at any more of her husband's writing? It's been suggested elsewhere that Herbert was Not A Good Dad; was he Not A Good Spouse as well...?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Tree Bucket posted:

Sometimes I wonder about Ol' Horny Frank's wife. Was she the freakiest of freaks? Or did she get to the bit about wall-gasms and refuse to look at any more of her husband's writing? It's been suggested elsewhere that Herbert was Not A Good Dad; was he Not A Good Spouse as well...?

She was a terminally ill person for a while from what I've read. He spent a long time taking care of her between 1974 and 84 when she died. Much of his horny poo poo (dune 3-6) was written during this period.

BeanpolePeckerwood fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Feb 14, 2020

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014
N U D E
The Horny Planet

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Steering wheel! Hey! Steering wheel! Someone tell him to give it to me!
was herbert a sex pest or did he just write wierd poo poo.

It really saddened me to learn that Asimov was a pest :(

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Horsebanger posted:

Herbert's not a pest, he just felt like writing about sexual politics in sci-fi, during the sexual revolution.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Horsebanger posted:

asimov kind of wore it on his sleeve

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Herbert's not a pest, he just felt like writing about sexual politics in sci-fi, during the sexual revolution.

Also probably furiously masturbating to space pussy witches cause his wife was very sick and terminally ill during Heretics and Chapterhouse

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

Also probably furiously masturbating to space pussy witches cause his wife was very sick and terminally ill during Heretics and Chapterhouse

That too. But really, who's NOT pulling one off? :shlick::hf::jerkbag::hf::fap:

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

She was a terminally ill person for a while from what I've read. He spent a long time taking care of her between 1974 and 84 when she died. Much of his horny poo poo (dune 3-6) was written during this period.

Interesting! Navigating a terminal illness in the context of a long-term relationship has got to be tricky. Sounds like Team Herbert found something that worked for them, and produced some decent fiction into the bargain.

Joke Miriam
Nov 17, 2019

So the pussy magic witches are really just Frank’s equivalent of James Sunderland’s sexy monsters.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Tree Bucket posted:

One of the other classic scifi writers, Heinlein, based most of his female characters on his wife, with her blessing.

Tree Bucket posted:

decent friction
:colbert:

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

good dog

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Should've used this good dogge instead of those stupid laza tigers for the assassination plot

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

D. Ebdrup posted:

desert friction

:colbert:

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006

Apparently Tolkien read Dune before it was published and didn't like it one bit, which is weird if only for all the words Frank invented. You'd think Tolkien would be all over that.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Vlex posted:

Apparently Tolkien read Dune before it was published and didn't like it one bit, which is weird if only for all the words Frank invented. You'd think Tolkien would be all over that.

Can believe it, Dune is too horny.

Kinda crazy to think Dune is a contemporary of LOTR.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Vlex posted:

Dune is stridently anti-colonialist, no surprise Tolkien would hate it. Let's be real, LOTR is about the racial holy war.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
If I had to take one guess as to what Tolkien didn’t like about Dune, it would probably be Herbert’s “god is fake and religion is social control” spiel. Tolkien didn’t love colonialism any more than Herbert did, but he did love religion, a lot.

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006

Both authors have a strong thread of mysticism in their works, just radically different interpretations of it.

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

In Duniefied LOTR Frodo would pop up in Mordor and effect a violent Uruk-Hai revolution against all power structures of middle earth. He would TOTALLY wear the ring for this purpose, and hate himself for it.

Dong Quixote
Oct 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Anne Frank Funk posted:

In Duniefied LOTR Frodo would pop up in Mordor and effect a violent Uruk-Hai revolution against all power structures of middle earth. He would TOTALLY wear the ring for this purpose, and hate himself for it.

This is pretty much the entire premise of Middle-earth: Shadow of War, a video game from 2017.

Dong Quixote fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Feb 17, 2020

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

aw man now i want a shadow of jihad game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Vlex posted:

Tolkien is a loving dork, is why.