Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

Ajaxify posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfhrEEcqKlA&t=441s

I will take a week off work to mourn when this beautiful person passes

don't remind me of this :(

I love how his favorite eps are the ones where he dresses up/gets painted.

Kaiser Mazoku fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Dec 21, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

ive always laughed at how Danny goes "all that hosed up poo poo, they grease me up, paint me idk" and whoever produced that bit run a little slideshow of him in the most regular getups they could find because the madness comes after

Carthag Tuek fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Dec 21, 2019

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

The stairs lead down in both directions.

Trailer for Rob's new show, Mythic Quest, is up. Looks promising.

https://youtu.be/DkMYJJmsTgg

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
It's on apple streaming? Gross

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

https://twitter.com/iatemuggles/status/1214167007853207553

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
hahhahahah holy poo poo that is spot on

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Wow. I honestly feel like he was trying to play the part of Charlie there, it's so spot on.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

he desnt even like get us, man

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Holy poo poo I expected it to kinda sound like him, not nearly exactly like him.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

don't remind me of this :(

I love how his favorite eps are the ones where he dresses up/gets painted.

I listened to a podcast interview with Mara Wilson, and she was saying how Devito jumps at the chance for a disgusting role, the man is a legend.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Amazing

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Macrame_God posted:

Trailer for Rob's new show, Mythic Quest, is up. Looks promising.

https://youtu.be/DkMYJJmsTgg
That looks like a turd.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

That looks like a turd.

It looks like they took half the characters from Silicon Valley (the bad half) and decided to make an entire show around one episode from it.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

https://twitter.com/PaulTsiaperas/status/1215843824733511680

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

lmao holy poo poo thats such a great job

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
Pretty amazing, and I would watch the poo poo out of that cartoon.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

I feel it's very progressive of Disney to make a bird a Disney Princess.

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

I love this show, but I'm way behind and need specific spoilers. In season 13 the gang seems less generally bad and more specifically Trumpy/alt right bad, which is both lazy and too real to be funny. I just finished The Gang Gets New Wheels, and Dennis just called someone a "soyboy beta cuck." Is this chan bullshit part of the show's lexicon now? I'm on board with them being bad people, but if watching the show means I have to listen to them shout "beta" and "cuck" I think I'm done.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Ehhh not really? Dennis has always been written as a sociopathic character with a tendency to latch onto whatever the newest way to belittle someone is. Frank has always been kind of a right-wing nut. Mac is religious and conservative but the latest seasons have seen him embrace his sexuality and kinda lean more moderate. They’re still just terrible people in general, but a few of the recent episodes have been direct parodies of MAGA idiots and toxic masculinity which saw the gang personify those traits for their respective episodes. It’s not a show-wide thing where Frank suddenly loves Pepe or Dennis starts quoting Brietbart or anything.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
I now want an episode where Frank suddenly loves Pepe.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
The gang is lovely, and being a trumpster is one of the shittiest things you can be, so of course they support Trump. It might be lazy, but it's still funny. And you can actually laugh at it, because you know the actors don't believe the poo poo they are spewing, unlike some other shows that get really Trumpy. Rob must really love the phrase "soy boy beta cuck" because it spills into Mythic Quest: Raven's Banquet a few times.

Antiquated Pants
Feb 23, 2011

Oh god I'm so lonely in here...
:negative:

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Froggie?

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

Loucks posted:

I love this show, but I'm way behind and need specific spoilers. In season 13 the gang seems less generally bad and more specifically Trumpy/alt right bad, which is both lazy and too real to be funny. I just finished The Gang Gets New Wheels, and Dennis just called someone a "soyboy beta cuck." Is this chan bullshit part of the show's lexicon now? I'm on board with them being bad people, but if watching the show means I have to listen to them shout "beta" and "cuck" I think I'm done.

Yeah, I've never been on the "this show sucks since ____" bandwagon, but this season was my least favorite so far and this was a big part of why. Yes, the gang are terrible people, but they aren't supposed to just be stand-in straw men for whatever soapbox the writers want to get on. I know they've done soapbox episodes all along but the characters still usually came off as themselves. "Thunder Gun 4: Maximum Cool", "Paddy's Has a Jumper", and "A Woman's Right to Chop" seemed particularly bad for this. "The Gang Solves Global Warming" on the other hand got it right and felt like an old school episode.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
Lot of soy boy beta cucks wandering in here.

They're not wearing maga hats for christs sake. You can be liberal and still think a dude is being a big pussy. Not everything is Trump related.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Mac: Whoa Frank, you can't wear that.

Frank: Whaaat? Why nooot? He's a- a- an adorable cartoon frog!

Mac: He's a symbol of hate, dude!

Dee: Basically a swastika.

Frank: Who? Pepe? Noooo. [Frank shimmies, displaying his shirt] He's Pepe! He he he loves weed and pissin' with his pants around his ankles!

Dee and Mac: [as one] Oooh-ooh-ooh! Racist! Racist! Nazi!

Dennis: I'm absolutely on your side in this, Frank. I think there's an absolutely appalling environment of censorship in our country. That said, the shirt's ugly as sin Frank, take- take that piece of poo poo off. Thank you. Please. Thank you.

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

ChesterJT posted:

Lot of soy boy beta cucks wandering in here.

They're not wearing maga hats for christs sake. You can be liberal and still think a dude is being a big pussy. Not everything is Trump related.

I would accept a maga hat because it follows that some of the gang would fall for trumps brand of transparently fragile toughness. Cuck, soyboy, beta, virtue signaling, et al. are all major shibboleths of a terminally toxic subculture that has no place in civil society. Previously they’ve handled sensitive stuff in an interesting way (“Hey, human being!” comes to mind. Or even S01E01), but this seems to be tossed in without context as if it’s just another insult. Feels bad, man.

Maybe the problem is that they’re actually just brain-poisoned liberals and so not actually reflective about any of this. I wouldn’t know; don’t pay attention to any of them outside the show other then devito, who has really good politics afaik.

Also judging by S13 I think Dennis is on coke or pills, but can’t figure out which.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Loucks posted:

They dropped the explicit culture war terms like soyboy and cuck pretty hard after S13 so I guess they realised those kind of references are going to age like milk, S14 has much less Trump on the brain all-round

potee
Jul 23, 2007

Or, you know.

Not fine.
I don't think it matters that much since none of the gang would ever bother to actually vote. :shrug:

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

Frank and Charlie start printing t-shirts & merchandise (egg?) featuring Pepe the frog not knowing that Pepe is associated with the alt right. Frank embraces the grift, only to become dismayed that the alt right has moved on to 'groyper' now, which Dennis explains is "like Pepe, but not.You see Frank, it's all really quite stupid." Charlie on the other hand would embark on a fools errand to try and 'reclaim' Pepe, only to find out nobody actually knows or gives a gently caress about a cartoon frog, while the rest of the gang does something completely different

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

potee posted:

I don't think it matters that much since none of the gang would ever bother to actually vote. :shrug:
It's just one big rear end-blast.

My absolute favorite thing about this show is that the characters can take these horrible positions on things without attracting an audience of fans just showing up to watch their hero Archie Bunker who tells those stupid libruls what it's REALLY like.

I legit can't think of any other show that's ever done that.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

SA Forums > TV IV > It's Always Sunny Current Megathread: Writing fanfiction until season 15

someone slash frank/casaba tia

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
None of these ideas make any sense because the gang already is alt-right as shown in several episodes.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Cojawfee posted:

None of these ideas make any sense because the gang already is alt-right as shown in several episodes.

Idk, that makes their ideology seem consistent. To me it seems their system of belief is "a clusterfuck of arguments that reach a prevailing viewpoint but routinely slips back into argument"

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Loucks posted:

Cuck, soyboy, beta, virtue signaling, et al. are all major shibboleths of a terminally toxic subculture that has no place in civil society.

Holy poo poo why is a beta cuck like you watching this show? Someone so delicate doesn't seem like the target audience.

I see you only bothered to mention the terms the right uses but left out the other sides choice of divisive terminology. Interesting...

Brawnfire posted:

Mac: Whoa Frank, you can't wear that.

Frank: Whaaat? Why nooot? He's a- a- an adorable cartoon frog!

Mac: He's a symbol of hate, dude!

Dee: Basically a swastika.

Frank: Who? Pepe? Noooo. [Frank shimmies, displaying his shirt] He's Pepe! He he he loves weed and pissin' with his pants around his ankles!

Dee and Mac: [as one] Oooh-ooh-ooh! Racist! Racist! Nazi!

Dennis: I'm absolutely on your side in this, Frank. I think there's an absolutely appalling environment of censorship in our country. That said, the shirt's ugly as sin Frank, take- take that piece of poo poo off. Thank you. Please. Thank you.

This is really good.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Cojawfee posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9KKsIVK5oo

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

ChesterJT posted:

Holy poo poo why is a beta cuck like you watching this show? Someone so delicate doesn't seem like the target audience.

I see you only bothered to mention the terms the right uses but left out the other sides choice of divisive terminology. Interesting...
So I mention that the show hasn't attracted an alt right audience and you show up to get all cryptofash?

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

cryptofash?

Uh excuse me I believe we already said no more shibboleths in here. You're part of the problem.

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
Oh, I like the smell of my own dumps.

ChesterJT posted:

Uh excuse me I believe we already said no more shibboleths in here. You're part of the problem.

Oh great, now Aaron Sorkin is here.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

potee posted:

If there was a Florida 2000 type situation centered around Philly it would be a great episode to see how the gang had accidentally caused the result to come about by affecting a few people on that day, without ever revealing which way they swung it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Super Deuce posted:

Oh great, now Aaron Sorkin is here.

I don't understand this reference, you jabroni.