Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Memento posted:

The post in question was responding to two topics of conversation in this thread. They weren't really related. Stop being so Tiggum and read the context of the thread.
I'm just trying to find out if Greta Thunberg ever travelled on the Titanic. I didn't think she was that old?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c

Tiggum posted:

I'm just trying to find out if Greta Thunberg ever travelled on the Titanic. I didn't think she was that old?

If we put a harness on your she could travel by sealion

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Tiggum posted:

You're being wilfully loving dense is what you're being, gently caress off with that horseshit

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

If Greta Thunberg had access to a time machine, she would still choose not to travel on the Titanic. Partly because it was coal powered, but mostly because of the iceberg thing.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Memento posted:

You're being wilfully loving dense is what you're being, gently caress off with that horseshit

If you don’t know the answer, you can just say so.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Ariong posted:

If you don’t know the answer, you can just say so.
Thank you.

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

Crowetron posted:

If Greta Thunberg had access to a time machine, she would still choose not to travel on the Titanic. Partly because it was coal powered, but mostly because of the iceberg thing.

Mate she loving loves icebergs. Mad for the cunts. Haven't you been paying attention?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Tiggum posted:

Thank you.

Are you actually wondering if a girl who is sixteen years old could have traveled on a ship that sank over a hundred years ago?

This is the thing you're not sure about?

You're brain dead. How are you posting?

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

This is bull poo poo. Obviously if anyone had the chance to go on the Titanic you would, iceberg or no. Greta would plan ahead, she has contacts with the Sea Shepherd people

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Memento posted:

Are you actually wondering if a girl who is sixteen years old could have traveled on a ship that sank over a hundred years ago?

He's joking, you weenie.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Only rich toffs sail.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Yes, the real environmental thing is not to travel at all. You either sail, or you stay where you are. There is no reason for you to travel to another continent.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

I live in Australia and there are plenty of reasons to leave this continent.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Memento posted:

Imagine being like this.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

https://twitter.com/toffa7tein/status/1228776718074294273?s=19

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Inceltown posted:

I live in Australia and there are plenty of reasons to leave this continent.
For the sake of discussion I don't think of hiding from the raging inferno in near offshore waters to be leaving the continent.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Memento posted:

At first I was like ugh, another Tiggum post then you posted and I was like yeah, that’s a good post Tiggum.

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

Shitposting!? On Something Awful dot com?!?!?!?

:monocle:

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

So she wasn't on the titanic? Am I getting this right? Then how'd she get here?

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Cocaine Bear posted:

Sheer force of will when Donanananold Turlumpf tweeted "If Greta's so worried about iceberds she should ask tye people on the TITANIC how worried they are!!"

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Cocaine Bear posted:

She hitched a ride on the Lusitania.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/Goons_TXT/status/1229420281397153797

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

https://twitter.com/NoMansSky/status/1229019204906553344

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

As someone who was on the Titanic but survived I can assure you Greta was on the boat.

But we got into a fight recently over me flying sometimes and she blocked me so I can't prove it.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/redditspaces/status/1134856938192277504?s=20

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

https://twitter.com/ICARUSLIV3S/status/1229122251125149698

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth
https://twitter.com/KxngSpade/status/1228720069309583362

https://twitter.com/MajorPhilebrity/status/1229092492206919682

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

https://twitter.com/iresimpsonsfans/status/1229187265026457600?s=20

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

I understood literally nothing in that thread

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Alan Smithee posted:

I understood literally nothing in that thread

Ariana Grande does blackface.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Katt posted:

Ariana Grande does blackface.

Does she not just step into a tanning booth (regular or spray)? Looks just like 90% of ugg boot college white girls to me except she doesn't dye her hair blonde.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

tangy yet delightful posted:

Does she not just step into a tanning booth (regular or spray)? Looks just like 90% of ugg boot college white girls to me except she doesn't dye her hair blonde.

She's a blackfish, someone who tries to make herself look non-white without directly claiming ancestry to take advantage of perceived clout in those demographics. She's dyed her skin until she was darker than Nicki Minaj before.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
https://twitter.com/NumbNexus/status/1229221466119471106

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

chitoryu12 posted:

She's a blackfish, someone who tries to make herself look non-white without directly claiming ancestry to take advantage of perceived clout in those demographics. She's dyed her skin until she was darker than Nicki Minaj before.
Yup. It's functionally identical to the way like, Larry the Cable Guy went from being some dogshit yuppie comedian in the 80s to styling himself as a redneck with various clothes and accents to get inroads with that audience, but because it's a white person doing it with black culture it gets thorny. Rule of thumb-- if the culture was historically oppressed during the Colonial era, prepare for judgment.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

chitoryu12 posted:

Isn't race a social construct? The paper bag test is not in fashion anymore.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!
I fly to West Africa frequently and a woman started punching my seat because I had it reclined. The flight attendant told her that I have the right to do that and I unreclined it when I realized what was happening.

Also, a frequent occurrence on these flights is going to the bathroom when the light says they're all unoccupied and opening one and apologizing/closing quickly only to move onto the next two and having the same experience. Thanks for coming to my Ted talk about flying on planes.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

doverhog posted:

Isn't race a social construct? The paper bag test is not in fashion anymore.

-Rachel Dolezal

doverhog
May 31, 2013

I know right, but the question is not easily answered.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Something can be a social construct but still be real. See nations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

I don't give a single rolling goddamn what ethnicity she is, but the "glamorous spoiled brat" aesthetic and everyone that sails upon it should be sentenced to eighteen months of register duty at a Flying J in middle Ohio