Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

doverhog posted:

If we accept that Borg drones can be saved, and that Janeway's virus killed most of them, that would make her possibly the greatest mass murderer in the history of the universe.
She is, and was frankly right to do so. If the risk of leaving the Borg alive was even 20% lower then it's a lot more debatable, but highly adaptive virus-people are too dangerous to let live even if many of the victims are salvageable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Just spray .50 cal fire in the direction of the intruders imo

I spin my bo staff so fast that I block the bullets.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

coronavirus posted:

The Borg are immoral computerized space vampires and should be exterminated without consideration of any Geneva convention, just like you'd kill termites eating a house or spyware toolbars on your Windows 98 PC.

This fucker wants to kill BonziBuddy.

It’s Harambe all over again.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Enough celebrities have died in private aircraft accidents that everyone knows the risks. We shouldn't act like it's a shock. It's a regular loving affair. Intoxicated rich people buy lovely rich people pilots who occasionally crash and kill everyone, or even more often, insist their decent pilots do risky poo poo because they have very important stuff to do and air traffic control and safe procedure can go gently caress itself, because they are important. Some of the best crash themselves, like JFK Junior or John McAfee's nephew

Edgar Allen Ho has a new favorite as of 08:39 on Feb 21, 2020

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

The MST3K sketches that show how long and spindly Crow T Robot's limbs are are strangely offputting.

coronavirus
Jan 27, 2020

by Cyrano4747

doverhog posted:

Are they though? We know from Hugh and Seven of Nine that Borg can become "human" again if removed from the collective. We know from Unimatrix Zero that Borg drones retain some levels of independent thought and memory.

If we accept that Borg drones can be saved, and that Janeway's virus killed most of them, that would make her possibly the greatest mass murderer in the history of the universe.

Couldn't you make the same argument about the SS? Yeah, maybe a few of those assholes could be saved. We shant lose any sleep about killing the loving Nazis though.

gently caress the borg.

Trapick
Apr 17, 2006

coronavirus posted:

Couldn't you make the same argument about the SS? Yeah, maybe a few of those assholes could be saved. We shant lose any sleep about killing the loving Nazis though.

gently caress the borg.
If you had a magic virus that only killed the SS, ok maybe - what if it was all Germans?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

coronavirus posted:

gently caress the borg.

Even the borg-women and the borg-children?

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Remember as well that the Borg drones (or at least the people they were before their forcible assimilation) are victims of the Collective. The comparison to any other military force, even one which practiced conscription, breaks down.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

mind the walrus posted:

If the risk of leaving the Borg alive was even 20% lower then it's a lot more debatable, but highly adaptive virus-people are too dangerous to let live even if many of the victims are salvageable.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Farscape is the best sci fi tv show

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Population of Germany, 1930s: 67 million
Total WW2 dead: 70-85 million

The virus is the moral choice even if we ignore that we're unleashing it on the nazi state.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

coronavirus posted:

gently caress the borg.

The SS were not mind-controlled.

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010
Therapy doesn’t work.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
On the Borg?

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Aramek posted:

On the Borg?

They've certainly assimilated a few therapists over the years so probably not.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

The borg have a wonderful support system in place

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

oldpainless posted:

The borg have a wonderful support system in place

Yeah IT support. :haw:

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I dont really want to be part of a cash reduced society. I dont like dozens of transactions on my bank statement. I like loose change. I'm not attracted to the convenience.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

The trend towards cashless stores is in no small part designed to gently caress over poor and homeless people

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I think its more designed to gently caress over compulsive spenders since you can make more money from them than the homeless

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

JollyBoyJohn posted:

I think its more designed to gently caress over compulsive spenders since you can make more money from them than the homeless

Poor and homeless people often don't have debit cards. They rely on cash. So if a store is cashless, oh no, completely inadvertently they've made it impossible for poor people to shop at their store, what a horrible totally unintended consequence!

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Also fucks over anyone who makes a significant amount of tips cuz you gotta physically walk your rear end to the bank to deposit that cash just to spend it

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Gripweed posted:

Poor and homeless people often don't have debit cards. They rely on cash. So if a store is cashless, oh no, completely inadvertently they've made it impossible for poor people to shop at their store, what a horrible totally unintended consequence!

I'm pretty sure nowhere is close to 100% cashless yet and even if they were I don't think its for the reasons you are saying.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

JollyBoyJohn posted:

I'm pretty sure nowhere is close to 100% cashless yet and even if they were I don't think its for the reasons you are saying.

i've seen it and heard of it so often, never underestimate retail business owners' desires to maintain an image that necessitates antagonizing the poor away from their stores. it's as bad if not worse than HOAs sometimes.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Yeah like the reason people panhandle or camp at Walmart as opposed to “nicer” places is they’re (typically- your manager may vary) one of the few that won’t chase you off their lot.

And businesses like Target absolutely do chase people off so the “ugh, me, Walmart? I’m not one of those” crowd keeps coming.

See also: urban businesses paying extra money to make their benches/entries/etc impossible for someone to spend the night on or under.

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
anarchism doesn't actually mean "CHAOS EVERYTHING'S ON FIRE STEAL STEVE'S ANIME FIGURINE COLLECTION"

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Syenite posted:

anarchism doesn't actually mean "CHAOS EVERYTHING'S ON FIRE STEAL STEVE'S ANIME FIGURINE COLLECTION"

I'm gonna steal Stevie's anime figurine collection, whether or not he likes it. :colbert:

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

It's actually because dealing with cash as a business is tiresome and expensive (though it has the extra effect of loving over the poor and homeless and no one much cares that it does)

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Go back to the straight bartering system I say. If I want a delicious McDonald's Big Mac sandwich then I should be able to give them two spark plugs and a timing belt for it.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Solice Kirsk posted:

Go back to the straight bartering system I say. If I want a delicious McDonald's Big Mac sandwich then I should be able to give them two spark plugs and a timing belt for it.

That is an absurd price for a sandwich

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Gripweed posted:

Probably has a ton of black truffle and gold foil on it.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Syenite posted:

I don't think that's unpopular among anyone other than mid-2000s teenagers and undergrad government professors.

Anarchism is a specific ideology. Or two, if you count the "anarchists" who think turbocapitalist mad max feudalism is the way forward.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I don't think that's unpopular among anyone other than mid-2000s teenagers and undergrad government professors.
I think you are vastly overestimating the number of people who have any idea at all what "anarchism" actually means. I think most people assume it's simply a synonym for "anarchy".

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Gripweed posted:

Not if you request extra special sauce. You know how expensive mayonnaise is going to be in the barter system? Mustard powder alone would be worth... like, two 20" AMG wheels.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

I'm gonna steal Stevie's anime figurine collection, whether or not he likes it. :colbert:

You wouldn't download a anime figurine collection.

Well, you might but

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
badwater basin and dustbowl are the only good maps in TF2.

also normally I stan streamers but I'm in a tf2 match that some dude is streaming and boy howdy is it fun to gently caress with him

Edgar Allen Ho has a new favorite as of 00:13 on Feb 29, 2020

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I like Barnblitz, Frontier, and ThunderMountain. Gorge can gently caress right off though.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Actually, you don't need to pay your freelancers on time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

The Fox and the Hound is far and away a sadder movie than Old Yeller.

I also think that all kids should watch the Fox and the Hound so they can learn that sometimes friends drift apart. It's a way more important lesson to teach than "loved ones die." That one comes naturally, the other one doesn't.