Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I feel like Dabi is about to get owned super hard soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Hey. Miruko is great.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Electric Phantasm posted:

I feel like Dabi is about to get owned super hard soon.

"It's me, old man, it's the kid you threw away."

*Endeavor raises eyebrow, tilts head*

"It's - I'm Touya, your son, Touya!"

*Endeavor continues to look confused*

"Sigh...the one with red hair?"

*Endeavor shrugs, looks to Shoto for help. Shoto also shrugs.*

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Funky Valentine posted:

"It's me, old man, it's the kid you threw away."

*Endeavor raises eyebrow, tilts head*

"It's - I'm Touya, your son, Touya!"

*Endeavor continues to look confused*

"Sigh...the one with red hair?"

*Endeavor shrugs, looks to Shoto for help. Shoto also shrugs.*

"You loving rear end in a top hat."

"SON!"

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Fabricated posted:

Well again, this is either the end or the 3rd Act opener.

There's a lot of unresolved threads hanging out there, but it doesn't look like this particular war is going to get stopped short. Group #2 at the PLA HQ is likely where Gigantomachia is.

The MC isn't at either of these places, so Horikoshi doesn't have to come up with contrivances for him to survive- meaning everyone on the front lines at either location is in grave (narrative) danger.

this is a manga by a man who idolises oda this is just the wind down of the first act, also i'm gonna say that very few heroes die here if any

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

imo this is a set up for a big, objective villain win over the heroes. like this is the end of an arc rather than the beginning

doesn't feel like the end of the series at all to me

profileusername
Mar 2, 2019

Nobody can die because it is actually Twice clones all the way down.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Manatee Cannon posted:

imo this is a set up for a big, objective villain win over the heroes. like this is the end of an arc rather than the beginning

doesn't feel like the end of the series at all to me

It would be pretty loving weird for the series to end with the entire next generation of heroes still in their first year of hero school, yeah.

This arc might shake up the established status quo a lot but I don't think we're anywhere remotely near a conclusion.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Shigaraki slams his hands on the ground, shattering Japan and leaving various Pro and student heroes to become the best on their island district before regrouping and launching a final attack on the League of Villains.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

the end of my hero academia just means the start of my hero career or whatever horikoshi decides to call his shippuden

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
It'll be ' Your Hero Academia' and it will be the first manga written in a choose your own adventure format.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

RareAcumen posted:

Shigaraki slams his hands on the ground, shattering Japan and leaving various Pro and student heroes to become the best on their island district before regrouping and launching a final attack on the League of Villains.

Shigaraki got way too into battle royal games and really just wants to play one out IRL.

Gonna have one of nomu teleporting him around dusting bits of the island and forcing everyone to keep moving.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

MHA is shaping up to be a Dragon Ball or Naruto style powerhouse franchise, there's no way the editors aren't pushing to keep this thing going as long as possible, including a timeskip like the aforementioned manga had where the protagonist grows into himself and the odds become more dire

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Brother Entropy posted:

the end of my hero academia just means the start of my hero career or whatever horikoshi decides to call his shippuden

Bakugo ends up becoming a teacher at UA and gets increasingly angry as he gets more and more students who idolize Deku.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Posting this in here in case it's an anime spoiler

But who is that in the middle picture?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I am 90% certain that the big blond guy is fat gum and the person on the right in that picture is a teacher at one of the other schools.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Yup that's Fatgum.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

"Hey Deku you have seven quirks but oops the manga is over oh well"

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Waffleman_ posted:

"Hey Deku you have seven quirks but oops the manga is over oh well"

"Wow I can't believe all the other One For All users had strength enhancement quirks."

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Wait I take that back, it's gonna be revealed Deku's dad had AfO at one point.

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014
Editor: you can't reveal AfO is deku's dad by having him say "deku i am ur father"

Hori: you can gently caress right off why do you think I did literally any of this?!

-every day at WSJ

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I mean, how can he not do some version of "I am your father" if just as a joke.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
You think they'll have this war here be Empire and have it end with Deku getting a prosthetic arm and watching I dunno Bakugou or Shoto going off to do an arc

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Erases number on "days since stupid Deku's dad theory", writes '0' back on it

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

With the anime finally introducing Gentle, I was re-reading the School Festival arc and I'm wondering when Oji Harima is going to come up again. He's one of the three infamous criminals Gentle brought up a while back, along side All For One and Destro. We've already seen how the latter two have influenced the current crop of villains, so it just seems like a matter of time before Harima plays a role as well.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Fabricated posted:

You think they'll have this war here be Empire and have it end with Deku getting a prosthetic arm and watching I dunno Bakugou or Shoto going off to do an arc

tbh empire is what I was thinking about when I said this was gonna be a villain win. also they've been ramping up on competence for a while now and it just makes sense as the end of this interstitial post all might era

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I am fully expecting a gag involving Deku's dad's first appearance being behind a spooky mask with a dramatic reveal for no payoff.

"It is I, your father!!!!!" *takes off mask*

"Oh hey dad, welcome home."

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I've always read Inko saying "he works overseas" as "we split up, but it's not socially acceptable to be a single mother." Probably sends child support.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The last page of MHA is Hisashi triumphantly returning with the cigarette brand he was looking for.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Funky Valentine posted:

The last page of MHA is Hisashi triumphantly returning with the cigarette brand he was looking for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-A2WXEjOl4Y

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Imagine a rod breaking on a robot face - forever

Fabricated posted:

Hatsume Mei could totally make Deku a robot arm after he finally destroys his arm irreparably.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Mountaineer posted:

Hatsume Mei could totally make Deku a robot arm after he finally destroys his arm irreparably.

Would OFA work on the roboarm though?

Honestly they could give him a disposable device right now for 100% slug fests. Some sort of cover device that goes over the arm and dampens the impact against his own arm while transferring the power to the target. Just each punch destroys the device so you can still have some tension of "CAN I FINISH THIS BEFORE NEEDING TO EXPLODE MYSELF AGAIN?"

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Mountaineer posted:

I mean the doctor's threat about his arms still applies and came up for a reason

Part of his new quirks could be a neat contrivance for him to be able to effectively use a prosthetic arm with One For All

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Junpei posted:

Erases number on "days since stupid Deku's dad theory", writes '0' back on it

I just thought it would be funny if Midoriya did inherit one of his parent's quirk, but only through a roundabout process.

Also him having to explain his new fire quirk to Todoroki.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

I just thought it would be funny if Midoriya did inherit one of his parent's quirk, but only through a roundabout process.

Also him having to explain his new fire quirk to Todoroki.

One of his quirks will be fire based and another will be ice based and Endeavor will just be like "what the gently caress!?"

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Rhonne posted:

One of his quirks will be fire based and another will be ice based and Endeavor will just be like "what the gently caress!?"

So much Soba would be slurped that day.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Crain posted:

Would OFA work on the roboarm though?

Honestly they could give him a disposable device right now for 100% slug fests. Some sort of cover device that goes over the arm and dampens the impact against his own arm while transferring the power to the target. Just each punch destroys the device so you can still have some tension of "CAN I FINISH THIS BEFORE NEEDING TO EXPLODE MYSELF AGAIN?"

Not sure how canon it’s supposed to be but didn’t he basically get something like that in the first movie?

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Those two tubes the Dr. is carrying... I wonder what they have in them.

It's probably going to be some sort of Chekhov's Gun.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Deku will just replace his arm with black whip in the shape of a hand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Rhonne posted:

Deku will just replace his arm with black whip in the shape of a hand.

Human Gamera