Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
I just assume when eating tuna it's like 5% dolphin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Ken Bone Comeback posted:

One of the very best meals for backpacking

Edit: or the Knorr cheddar broccoli rice + a pouch of tuna next to a nice hot cup of watered down instant coffee crystals
Nothing starts a day of trekking or deer hunting better

Crusty Minge taught me about how great those knorr rice meals were for backpacking years ago. You are absolutely giving solid advice here.

Shim approved.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

LongDarkNight posted:

A day with no news is a blessed relief in Hellworld.
Just because nothing flashy happened doesn't mean Donnie and Friends aren't doing something evil.

Tythas
Oct 3, 2013

Never felt at home in reality
Always hiding behind avatars

https://twitter.com/berniesanders/status/1229526201619951617?s=21

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Casimir Radon posted:

Just because nothing flashy happened doesn't mean Donnie and Friends aren't doing something evil.

There's some stuff posted over in USPol but I don't want to derail foodchat

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

McNally posted:

I've had one, and they're great for cooking rice, but you've gotta use it all up or it dries out.

I prefer the Asian-made rice cookers where I can cook five cups of rice at once and it's still good four days later.

Give an example of the good ones because youve peaked my laziness's interest?

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
It sounds like the Barr poo poo is still popping off but at this point nobody really cares too much about the DoJ getting deep dicked and the entire judicial branch being corrupted by McTurtlefuck because welp, 2020 hell world.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
The king of Asian rice cookers is anything made by Zojirushi. Just look for the elephant.

e: I have an older version of this one: https://www.amazon.com/Zojirushi-NP-HCC10XH-Induction-Heating-Stainless/dp/B00VAG84O2/ref=dp_ob_title_kitchen

I use it to make white rice, brown rice, Japanese mixed rice, Greek lemon rice, Basmati rice, Tomato Rice, etc. but if you're not Ricin' all the time then it's probably not worth it

Eej fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Feb 17, 2020

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Nah that was the pipe *after* the pump leading to the gearbox oil cooler

That is god damned amazing.

:lol:

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Stravag posted:

Give an example of the good ones because youve peaked my laziness's interest?

Eej posted:

The king of Asian rice cookers is anything made by Zojirushi. Just look for the elephant.

e: I have an older version of this one: https://www.amazon.com/Zojirushi-NP-HCC10XH-Induction-Heating-Stainless/dp/B00VAG84O2/ref=dp_ob_title_kitchen

I use it to make white rice, brown rice, Japanese mixed rice, Greek lemon rice, Basmati rice, Tomato Rice, etc. but if you're not Ricin' all the time then it's probably not worth it

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Eej posted:

Excellent cheers

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

You'd better be eating rice every loving day to make a 300 dollar rice cooker worth investing in. Jesus that's a ton of money for a thing that heats water up.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah
I have a little Zojirushi and it fuckin owns. I buy 25 lb bags of jasmine rice and have it four times a week or so

It has a porridge setting, so you can cook congee or steel cut oats or corn grits in it too. The timer sets for when you want your rice done, not for when it starts cooking, so you can have your breakfast ready. Mine has a setting to bake a cake for some reason.

Everybody should have a rice cooker, but I'll just admit right now a >$100 Japanese model is overkill for most users

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Hekk posted:

You'd better be eating rice every loving day to make a 300 dollar rice cooker worth investing in. Jesus that's a ton of money for a thing that heats water up.

There are lower-priced versions, but's more than just cooking rice. It seals in the moisture so the rice doesn't dry out after a day, keeping it fresh for days.

I think the one I have cost $100.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

McNally posted:

There are lower-priced versions, but's more than just cooking rice. It seals in the moisture so the rice doesn't dry out after a day, keeping it fresh for days.

Probably the same one I've got. Came with a tray to go in while I'm cooking my rice, so I can get steamed vegetables out of it too :)

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
2020 is the year that keeps on giving

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-51520622

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Ken Bone Comeback posted:

I have a little Zojirushi and it fuckin owns. I buy 25 lb bags of jasmine rice and have it four times a week or so

It has a porridge setting, so you can cook congee or steel cut oats or corn grits in it too. The timer sets for when you want your rice done, not for when it starts cooking, so you can have your breakfast ready. Mine has a setting to bake a cake for some reason.

Everybody should have a rice cooker, but I'll just admit right now a >$100 Japanese model is overkill for most users

Putting a bag of frozen spinach on every batch of rice you make is just easy mode to being at least a bit healthier.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

McNally posted:

That's a bullshit rice cooker. The lid doesn't seal, how is it supposed to keep the rice from drying out?

in tupperware in the fridge

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Can't the clip of this guy in a filthy rear end kitchen cooking the most vile steak ever. If anyone knows what I'm talking about, post that poo poo.

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!

bloops posted:

Can't the clip of this guy in a filthy rear end kitchen cooking the most vile steak ever. If anyone knows what I'm talking about, post that poo poo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdnQ0nO3AcY this one?

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Platystemon posted:

in tupperware in the fridge

But then it's cold and clammy. What kind of monster are you?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Putting a bag of frozen spinach on every batch of rice you make is just easy mode to being at least a bit healthier.

Tossing mixed frozen veggies in everything is easy mode too. I usually just fill a little tupperware thing in the microwave and dump it in my rice. I like putting canned green or wax beans in my pasta too (mmmm salt) but I forgot about that during pasta talk.

A lot of the time my food resembles kfc famous bowls, but only once or twice a week does it include mashed together potato flakes.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Doobie melt the Tupperware, this is a lawyer

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Tossing mixed frozen veggies in everything is easy mode too. I usually just fill a little tupperware thing in the microwave and dump it in my rice. I like putting canned green or wax beans in my pasta too (mmmm salt) but I forgot about that during pasta talk.

A lot of the time my food resembles kfc famous bowls, but only once or twice a week does it include mashed together potato flakes.

:smith:

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

goodness

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

good ol masaokis

he deserves a documentary

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Christ almighty I’m glad I’m married and only ever have to cook on the grill if I really want to.

Trader Joe’s, Kroger, and Whole Foods are all less than 1/8th of a mile away from me too so I’m spoiled for choices if I decide to cook in the kitchen.

But seriously my wife is an awesome cook, look for a person who likes to cook and is good at it. I can cook, but my wife makes me look like poo poo at it.

Marry someone who can cook.

loving trust me.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Meh, it gets me by.

It's not that I don't know how to cook better, I just don't care.

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

Doc Hawkins posted:

good ol masaokis

he deserves a documentary

I am now deep cleaning my kitchen thanks for this.

I nearly died from Hep C when he dropped the steak near the toilet AND THEN PICKED IT UP.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

noo

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Notahippie posted:

In Colorado the Governor is going hard for a state-level Medicaid for all bill, and they've started running ads that say "If this bill passes, 3,000 Colorado jobs will be lost." What I take away from that is that there's 3,000 jobs saying no to coverage in Colorado right now, and while I'm generally sympathetic it's hard not to just say gently caress 'em.

Those propaganda ads have been going heavy for the last several months. They look pretty well-produced, too, so the insurance companies must be putting some serious money into them.

Colorado passed a law capping insulin prices despite all the interference and propaganda, so I'm keeping hope alive.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
“traditional”

“plastic”

Choose one.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Platystemon posted:

“traditional”

“plastic”

Choose one.

Our proud traditions dating back to the mid 1970s

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Fallom posted:

Those propaganda ads have been going heavy for the last several months. They look pretty well-produced, too, so the insurance companies must be putting some serious money into them.

Colorado passed a law capping insulin prices despite all the interference and propaganda, so I'm keeping hope alive.

I keep getting those ads as 6sec bursts of annoyance before youtube videos.

I'm glad I moved here. We got a gay democrat in the governors' mansion, legal weed, and all the mountain air I can breathe. It's like living in bizarro world after 15 years in the South.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

McNally posted:

I'll die of old age before I burn through $100 worth of those cheap rice cookers and tupperware.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Godholio posted:

I'll die of old age before I burn through $100 worth of those cheap rice cookers and tupperware.

It's absolutely worth it if you eat a lot of rice.

Scope
Jun 6, 2003

McNally posted:

use it all up

Make smaller portions and eat it all. It’s so quick and easy to make more. And easier to clean those cheap makers.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Godholio posted:

my grandma is 85 and korean. she has had on the order of 82 * 365 * 3 meals after weaning, on the order of 90,000 meals. by her reckoning she has had fewer than 100 meals in life w/o rice

if you are outfitting a korean japanese or south chinese kitchen, the rice cooker is not optional

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Scope posted:

Make smaller portions and eat it all. It’s so quick and easy to make more. And easier to clean those cheap makers.

I think we're talking across each other: I'm half Korean, rice is a much bigger part of my diet than I think you're imagining.