Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
i forgot to post this on friday but i'm enjoying railgun 3 a whole lot and i wish i didn't have to wait a whole week for episodes lol.

it's real good imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Julias posted:

Last chapter is about to come out, and this airs in October. But iirc the first season didn't cover enough ground that a single second cour would finish the whole thing-it'll probably take at least 2 cours, assuming the anime doesn't cut out a bunch of content.
A little streamlining of certain parts of the manga would deffo help it, since it sorta dragged itself to the finished line (though not as loving terribly as other harem/romcom series, like Nisekoi where they coulda cut like at least a whole year-worth of chapters at a minimum).

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

looks like it's changing staff/studio from season 1 as well

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Truga posted:

i forgot to post this on friday but i'm enjoying railgun 3 a whole lot and i wish i didn't have to wait a whole week for episodes lol.

it's real good imo.

OP doesn't live up to Only My Railgun or Sisters' Noise, but Kongou Mitsuko and her friends are cool and good people.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Yep, this is pretty much why I like Railgun a lot more than index. Index is constantly cycling through new seemingly unconnected things, railgun is pretty much about the city itself, with a focus on characters and events around the main cast, and it still pulls it off pretty well so far imo.

also yeah I don't like the op as much as those. my favourite railgun op is judgelight tho :v:

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Of all the places I did not expect to see a parody of Disney's Main Street Electrical Parade show up, Ishuzoku Reviewers is certainly one of them.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Concur that Railgun 3 is good stuff. Watching Baba get his rear end beat down was satisfying.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

How do I stop my SO from teasing me about watching Ishuzoku Reviewers. it keeps happening ;~;

Truga posted:

Yep, this is pretty much why I like Railgun a lot more than index. Index is constantly cycling through new seemingly unconnected things, railgun is pretty much about the city itself, with a focus on characters and events around the main cast, and it still pulls it off pretty well so far imo.

also yeah I don't like the op as much as those. my favourite railgun op is judgelight tho :v:

Railgun is really good, this has been a fantastic season for anime imo.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Grapplejack posted:

How do I stop my SO from teasing me about watching Ishuzoku Reviewers. it keeps happening ;~;

:sever:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Grapplejack posted:

Clearly you need to get her watching Interspecies Reviewers too :pseudo:.

Also Meidri (rightfully so) just straight murdered them all this week :stonklol:.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Mokinokaro posted:

That's sooner than I expected

https://youtu.be/QriYDN3KmQs

Sounds like they're already finished producing the entire show, too - very rare in this day and age, and should hopefully imply a pretty steady baseline level of production quality. Hope so, anyway, Bakarina is a good baka who deserves a good show.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
Well, this week's episode of 22/7 certainly ends on a cliffhanger.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Spiritus Nox posted:

Sounds like they're already finished producing the entire show, too - very rare in this day and age, and should hopefully imply a pretty steady baseline level of production quality. Hope so, anyway, Bakarina is a good baka who deserves a good show.
Yeah, I think only KyoAni was well-known as part of those studios who finished shows wholesale before the airing date started. Let's see how Bakarina's Excellent Bogus Journey shakes out in animated form!

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

The show hasn't really said it yet but spotted hyanas are matriarchal with females being larger and more aggressive than the males. I dont know why Hito isn't telling her that "girly" for her species means being butch.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Feb 17, 2020

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
How many shows this season are going to talk about female hyena dicks?

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Nipponophile posted:

How many shows this season are going to talk about female hyena dicks?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Cao Ni Ma posted:

The show hasn't really said it yet but spotted hyanas are matriarchal with females being larger and more aggressive than the males. I dont know why Hito isn't telling her that "girly" for her species means being butch.

It's because of transphobia.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Congrats to the hyena girl and her big pseudo-penis.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

I like the honey badger

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Honey badger don't give a gently caress. I spent the whole episode trying to figure out what animal she was and when they revealed she was a honey badger I flipped out.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Why is there just a regular red panda in a uniform with those girls?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Why is there just a regular red panda in a uniform with those girls?

Males look like furries, females are just humans with animal ears/tail/dick

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It's also a show for cowards yes.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

RatHat posted:

isn't it just so "funny"

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

RatHat posted:

Sounds familiar
(its Oglaf so minor nws)

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

RatHat posted:

efb

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I'm pretty sure that like 9 out of 10 Oglaf comics are just flat-out :nws: so please use that smilie to remote-link, please.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I always chuckle at "Lady Death-Cap" :allears:.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

disappointingly low number imo

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Kwyndig posted:

Honey badger don't give a gently caress. I spent the whole episode trying to figure out what animal she was and when they revealed she was a honey badger I flipped out.

I thought she was a skunk for a while.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

That's what Killing Bites is.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

the live action adaptations usually feel completely unnecessary outside of economic reasons, but in this case it just seems doubly so. like of all the properties, the one about the joy of animation. are they going to even attempt to adapt the imagination sequences? how? are the short films the eizouken produce going to just be the clips from the anime?

e: the idol playing sayaka is 5'6 which i feel is not tall enough to be canon, but she does pull off the toothy grin

Homura and Sickle fucked around with this message at 11:52 on Feb 18, 2020

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
I'm hoping they'll do a Who Framed Roger Rabbit type deal

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Gripweed posted:

I'm hoping they'll do a Who Framed Roger Rabbit type deal

That's expensive to do. Obviously not as expensive as it was when Roger Rabbit was made, but its still probably not cheap to do without it looking like garbage.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

IShallRiseAgain posted:

without it looking like garbage.

I see you've never watched a live action anime adaptation before

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I bet you could count the number of good live action adaptations on one hand
Oldboy
Saint Young Men
Gintama
Rurouni Kenshin
Sukeban Deka

think that might be it

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Possibly 20th century boys? Also the Yurucamp live action show looked good.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I haven't seen it subbed or anything but the Osu!! Karate Bu live action movie has great cinematography

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
The Lone Wolf and Cub movies, MPD Psycho, Tokyo Tribes, maybe The Guyver if you're a Mark Hamill and/or David Hayter fan.

and of course

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6nm3BYXeY0