Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I don’t need it anymore but when I was in an apartment I got a lot of mileage out of that tiki edging stuff for visual privacy. The smell is a bit trucker, you can blast incense for the smell but imo even normal folks smell incense and assume someone is smokin weed. I recommend ciggies before cones for that but if you don’t smoke try just yelling ‘I gotta fart real bad sorry everyone on their balcony’ real loud

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Get a vape and smoke inside and have no smell after 5 minutes.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

You can’t smoke with a vape you manic, that’s how people get hurt

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
V. Genie is in NSW but yes thatd work

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

You can’t smoke with a vape you manic, that’s how people get hurt

gently caress you you're not my real dad 420 blaze mildly toast it

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Exhale into a rag? No one will give a poo poo you're smoking, some may take offense to the smell.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Seeing as I just saved a bundle on refurbishing a lathe by selling it, im now paying some dude in WA to do exactly what I was going to do with the lathe and having a pair of salt and pepper mills turned up.

Native hardwoods, one will be Jarrah and he's looking at the other one for lighter options. Both burl pieces so super cool patterns.

God I love Etsy sometimes

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

BurgerQuest posted:

Exhale into a rag? No one will give a poo poo you're smoking, some may take offense to the smell.

I used to use a bong pillow and that thing was easily the grossest piece of bong smoking paraphernalia I ever owned, you could wash it daily and you’d never fully stop wringing weird brown water out of it

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Bong pillow gets a big Yikes from me

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

rest assured the sentiment was universal amongst all those who graced its presence

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Bong pillow has helpfully put my doritos salsa jar filled with ABV on my coffee table into perspective. I was feeling a bit druggy up until now.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

that bong pillow sounds like something that could be used as reagent in an ungodly satanic cursed ritual

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug
gently caress I don't get how a bong pillow works as either a bong or a pillow

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Tirade posted:

It’s neither it’s like a smoke buddy you exhale into and it barely works for that

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

Tirade posted:

I'm struggling with it conceptually aswell

Like do you breath out through it like a boof?

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Yesterday I read a thing on reddit where all these dudes were saying that they had broken ribs in the past from coughing after huge bonghits, how crazy is that? I've never heard of that happening and i've coughed my lungs out after some hot nasty rips

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Ribs dont really break like traditional bones. they tend to splinter like snapping a tooth pick.

source: I have broken almost all of my ribs (snowboarding, not coughing)

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Sounds like they were playing the ‘punch your mate in the chest while you rip cones’ game

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

The IGA down the road from me puts their discount stickers up before they apply the discounts into the system and I have to stay vigilant when I go through the checkout and it's really starting to give me the shits. This is against the law right? Am I allowed to burn their shop down?

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Once me and damaz were having a ciggy at work and he keeps casually coughing up blood. He wasnt concerned and went back to work in the deli after his smoke

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
We should go to the pub later *hacks up some blood*

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Airstream Driver posted:

The IGA down the road from me puts their discount stickers up before they apply the discounts into the system and I have to stay vigilant when I go through the checkout and it's really starting to give me the shits. This is against the law right? Am I allowed to burn their shop down?

This is literally what we all dream of happening what you do is you sort of thumb your pants waist hem or belt (lol if you wear a belt to the supermarket tho) and say ‘under the supermarket scanning code of practice I am entitled to this item for free’ and a wizard will fly down and unscan the item and give it to you. It’s yours now.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Airstream Driver posted:

It's as against the law as a shop bumping the price up the day before a sale to make the 30% off less than 30% but that happens literally every single day on web stores so

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
The scanning code of practice is a voluntary thing I think. I never knew of any punishment for disregarding it. Because of this you basically cause an equal amount of drama as the item is worth to actually get it for free.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Yeah it’s entirely self enforced and privy to civil laws, not criminal ones, you can’t like flag down a cop and get them to arrest the manager on duty and if the mod told you ‘you have to pay for it’ and you tried to walk out with it I reckon they could still call the cops on you bc society inherently privileged capital over people but still I have trouble envisioning a scenario where a supermarket manager would not crumble before the powerful body language I have described in my earlier post

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Also the final leg of any policy is a petty service 2IC who hates the world and sees their life as a war between them and the public

E: Its NVJ, you gotta convince NVJ to give it to you for free

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

I don't want it for free I just don't want to have to wait at the checkout for 5 minutes while they go and check the actual price of the 4 items they charged me double for every time I go in there.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I think hoping for any outcome where low level service industry staff don’t waste your time is ultimately going to lead to disappointment

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Is there a technical term for the tolerance in weight differences they set for the scales on the self-service checkout machines?

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

I think it's just tolerance

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
I think the SCO scales are configured per-store. The store itself might not control them but they can definitely have different behaviours even in the same geographic area.

The scales in checkouts are checked by the regulator and because its a legal requirement to have accurate scales, but the SCO tolerance probably dosent fall under this.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
They probably do a calculation based on how many interventions the SCO attendant is making and try and tune the scales so they only need to go and assist like every 50th customer

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I would assume that the scales for weighing produce are calibrated within the laws and the scales used to nark on people ghost-scanning big ticket items are calibrated within a bees-dick depending on the trends for the area wrt shoplifting.

the trick is to put your big ticket items into a bag of green beans while you trolley around the store, then weigh them and pay accordingly.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Professional supermarket thieves can steal like 6 figure amounts of stuff. Regular people stealing single items through SCOs were never really something that gets much thought

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I never really considered the idea of professional supermarket shoplifters

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
I could probably go on all day, but one other thing is that the way supermarkets make money isnt quite the way you think. Chocolate bar company might pay $25,000 for a display at the front of the store, if 10,000 $1 chocolate bars get stolen that week the store is still in the black, even if it cops all the loss itself.

Isaac fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Feb 18, 2020

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Laserface posted:

I would assume that the scales for weighing produce are calibrated within the laws

yeah, i used to work in supermarket tech support and all the scales get certified every 6 months

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
If the weights and measures man came in with his attache case of special weights the store manager used to have to fire up this ancient terminal program and transmit to the mothership

anti-magic
Sep 9, 2012

We've come up in the ram-raiding business, Owl.
It's all high class now.
No more baby seats.
Scales used for basically any trade goods have to be calibrated and certified to NMI standards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

I love when work pays for my lunch. Even though I'm in my last fortnight, I'm still a manager and have to do target discussions with my guys. Went to beach burrito today up at Dee why with one and tacked up a $70 bill that work has to pay back :madmax: