Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I'm getting good use out of my carpet cleaner. I've been sick all week so this has been my POV most of the time

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Nap Ghost
I love your deer

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

We were watching a tense movie (Uncut gems), and our dog was staring at the screen like he knew what was going on and how tense it was :3:

Legit Businessman fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Sep 5, 2022

Radiation Cow
Oct 23, 2010

To be fair, that was my reaction to the movie as well. Also, I would love to stay at home for a week and have Abby on the couch with me. Please make it happen, thanks in advance.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

will do

Abby is so loyal that when she sees a new person she runs over to them and has no interest in me

skoolmunkee
Jun 27, 2004

Tell your friends we're coming for them

Josie is like that with me. I would fuss on her all night if she let me, she will let other people do it. But most of the time when I even just reach to give her head a stroke she ducks it. If I do get to fuss her she will let me for about 5 minutes, then leave and go sit on her chair. Rude.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Abby just got up and instead of staring at me to indicate she needed to go, she just let loose on the carpet :/

I needed to take her out a bit earlier so it's somewhat my bad, but still a bad sign. I'm getting the pee pads soon. If she keeps her accidents on that it's okay as I'm going to put it in her "usual" area. Otherwise I'll have to get a diaper I suppose. I dunno she's doing very well otherwise! Very happy, eating well, etc.

Radiation Cow
Oct 23, 2010

If peepads would make her life better, I don't see why not to use them.

In other news, Gello is finding recovery to be exhausting.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

One of my favorite things about dogs is how you get them a nice big comfy bed and they sleep with only one paw on it or something. Weirdos. (affectionately)

skoolmunkee
Jun 27, 2004

actionjackson posted:

Abby just got up and instead of staring at me to indicate she needed to go, she just let loose on the carpet :/

I needed to take her out a bit earlier so it's somewhat my bad, but still a bad sign. I'm getting the pee pads soon. If she keeps her accidents on that it's okay as I'm going to put it in her "usual" area. Otherwise I'll have to get a diaper I suppose. I dunno she's doing very well otherwise! Very happy, eating well, etc.

Poor old sweetie. I love Abby so much.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

skoolmunkee posted:

Poor old sweetie. I love Abby so much.
:same: abby is a very good needle

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Thanks, she loves you guys too I'm sure (and in fact would leave me in an instant to be with you because she is so loyal).

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Bonnie has an odd loyalty to everyone she meets. She hates when a group of people separates - she won’t go on a walk with just me or my partner if it means leaving the other behind; everyone has to go walkies together. If visitors come over she gets moody when they leave. Once we walked a friend home and, once we arrived and they went inside their house, she dug her heels in and wouldn’t turn for home for about 10 minutes.

It’s infuriating but also it’s so sweet we can’t really get mad at her for it

skoolmunkee
Jun 27, 2004

Bonnie :allears: :love: She just hates goodbyes

Radiation Cow
Oct 23, 2010

jesus WEP posted:

Bonnie has an odd loyalty to everyone she meets. She hates when a group of people separates - she won’t go on a walk with just me or my partner if it means leaving the other behind; everyone has to go walkies together. If visitors come over she gets moody when they leave. Once we walked a friend home and, once we arrived and they went inside their house, she dug her heels in and wouldn’t turn for home for about 10 minutes.

It’s infuriating but also it’s so sweet we can’t really get mad at her for it

That's the sweetest thing I've ever heard. What a good girl. :3:

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I got the pee pads and Abby seems to be using them which is good. However I was awakened by her waking up and peeing right on her bed a couple hours before we usually get up. I'm hoping that's more because it's been so cold that we haven't been able to get out much. The coldest weather is pretty much going to be done until next winter pretty soon, so that should help resolve that issue as we can get out more. In the worst case scenario I'll get some diapers from the same place. It's not a big deal and I'm happy to see that the pads are really good - you can see a stain, but there's no liquid on top or below the pad / on the carpet. It doesn't even really smell either.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Nap Ghost

actionjackson posted:

I got the pee pads and Abby seems to be using them which is good. However I was awakened by her waking up and peeing right on her bed a couple hours before we usually get up. I'm hoping that's more because it's been so cold that we haven't been able to get out much. The coldest weather is pretty much going to be done until next winter pretty soon, so that should help resolve that issue as we can get out more. In the worst case scenario I'll get some diapers from the same place. It's not a big deal and I'm happy to see that the pads are really good - you can see a stain, but there's no liquid on top or below the pad / on the carpet. It doesn't even really smell either.

If it keeps happening you can have a pad down only at night nearby she can reach just to make things easier on you.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

DarkHorse posted:

If it keeps happening you can have a pad down only at night nearby she can reach just to make things easier on you.

I'm going to have a pad underneath the pillow/blanket she sleeps on, it's more a matter of her not kicking it out of the way. Ideally she will go out to her usual indoor spot where I always have the other pad. But of course where it ends up can be unpredictable.

skoolmunkee
Jun 27, 2004

Oh Abby :sigh: I am so glad to see you are being kind to her and understanding about this, I can imagine it is frustrating to live with a dog who is somewhat incontinent. She isn’t doing it on purpose, no dog would want to wee on their own bed. Some owners would not deal well with that and their dog would suffer more.

I hope she is still getting plenty of loves and treats. Give her some scratches from me please :love:

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

skoolmunkee posted:

Oh Abby :sigh: I am so glad to see you are being kind to her and understanding about this, I can imagine it is frustrating to live with a dog who is somewhat incontinent. She isn’t doing it on purpose, no dog would want to wee on their own bed. Some owners would not deal well with that and their dog would suffer more.

I hope she is still getting plenty of loves and treats. Give her some scratches from me please :love:

Thanks, and will do. I will admit I do lose my temper and yell sometimes, and then immediately feel bad. Last night I stopped water at about 6 pm and had her pee right before bed and she didn't pee in the middle of the night, so that's good at least.

skoolmunkee
Jun 27, 2004

actionjackson posted:

Thanks, and will do. I will admit I do lose my temper and yell sometimes, and then immediately feel bad. Last night I stopped water at about 6 pm and had her pee right before bed and she didn't pee in the middle of the night, so that's good at least.

Poor abbybaby. Restricting water is probably the best you can do. If she likes them maybe you can give her ice cubes if she seems thirsty, they may let her feel like she’s getting water without letting her glug it down.

Maybe some reinforcement of house training would help.

You might just need to make the ultimate sacrifice of planning for a middle of the night potty break. It might not be so bad. People get up in the middle of the night to go potty themselves all the time.

Please try not to lose patience with her, she’s just a gentle old lady, you’re her whole world.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Thanks, will do. I was pretty calm when she did this little "excitement pee" inside today. This was after getting her treat, just way too into it I guess!

Radiation Cow
Oct 23, 2010

actionjackson posted:

Thanks, will do. I was pretty calm when she did this little "excitement pee" inside today. This was after getting her treat, just way too into it I guess!

I have a friend who used to have bladder control issues in her deerhound puppy. She used phenylpropanolamine to help with pee issues at night. Maybe that might be a consideration as well?

Radiation Cow fucked around with this message at 09:46 on Feb 22, 2020

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Radiation Cow posted:

I have a friend who used to have bladder control issues in her deerhound puppy. She used phenylpropanolamine to help with pee issues at night. Maybe that might be a consideration as well?

Cool I'll ask my vet about that, thanks

skoolmunkee
Jun 27, 2004

Also you have to give Abbers more kisses

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Doing my best

Now she just kind of stares at me all night

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I think I'm going to get the diapers as well, just having too many issues with her just peeing completely out of the blue.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Just sunday morning things

Radiation Cow
Oct 23, 2010

jesus WEP posted:

Just sunday morning things

Is that the mystical 4-legged T-rex? Amazing.

actionjackson posted:

Cool I'll ask my vet about that, thanks

Let me know how it goes. It really helped her deerhound and I'm sure Abby would prefer it to diapers.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Nap Ghost
Found a weird rabbit in my room

This is right after I had made the bed too. Apparently it wasn't to his satisfaction

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Vet says she thinks it's more likely a UTI so I'll bring in some pee this weekend

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

actionjackson posted:

Vet says she thinks it's more likely a UTI so I'll bring in some pee this weekend
:woop: if true! antibiotics clear that poo poo up real quick

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Apparently with incontinence the dog will just pee while sleeping without even making any effort to get up first. I suppose that makes sense.

skoolmunkee
Jun 27, 2004

I hope that is the case! I want Abby to be okay!

large hands
Jan 24, 2006
Mr. Tubbs doing his best donut impression

Radiation Cow
Oct 23, 2010

actionjackson posted:

Apparently with incontinence the dog will just pee while sleeping without even making any effort to get up first. I suppose that makes sense.

Huh! That does make sense. Hopefully it all ends up okay.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

large hands posted:

Mr Tubbs has some beautiful markings :swoon:

skoolmunkee
Jun 27, 2004

large hands posted:

It’s like he is white- and milk-chocolate glazed

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I feel dumb that I waited so long to do the urinalysis, but I delivered the goods this morning.

How much do your guys' vets charge for that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

oops forgot to add pic of sundog

Only registered members can see post attachments!