Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Daikloktos posted:

It'd be nice to kill myself without guilt

I hear you, but my main concern is that my parents keep talking about getting farm land and I am terrified of digging the dirt 12 hours a day until the raiders/townsfolk rape and murder us all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

AceOfFlames posted:

Tbh I was never very clear on what is exactly the difference between this place and D&D. I guess this is the more wacky, crazy, shitposting version? The sticky thread reads "casual discussion" but that sounds excessively euphemistic.

It’s more the forum where it’s acknowledged that the people in power are doing whatever they want with no controls or regulation and that no one is ever going to face punishment. It’s like a fast track to extreme cynicism and jadedness. Worlds hosed, who wants to waste time seriously discussing it?

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006
The bellyaching British boomer who has been complaining to the media on a daily basis to AIRLIFT BRITS OUT on the diamond princess has just tested positive

The Americans on that ship got flown back two days ago, great job all round team

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Doccykins posted:

The bellyaching British boomer who has been complaining to the media on a daily basis to AIRLIFT BRITS OUT on the diamond princess has just tested positive

The Americans on that ship got flown back two days ago, great job all round team
loving hell, it's like every disease movie trope. "I'm not infected, they're infected, I've got to get out."

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

economic collapse is coming whether you like it or not and the sooner the better

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Doccykins posted:

‘Frankly i think this is a setup! We are NOT being taken to a hospital but a hostel. That’s where partners are sent waiting out there quarantine. No phone, no wi-fi and no medical facilities. I really am smelling a very big rat here! Waiting for the transfer now. xx’

Raising fears that he may be part of a conspiracy to silence his updates, he replied to a follower asking if he was sure of the diagnosis, he said: ‘I doubt it was positive. If it was, we would be in hospital’. He also said ‘maybe’ when asked if someone was trying to keep him quiet.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

AceOfFlames posted:

I hear you, but my main concern is that my parents keep talking about getting farm land and I am terrified of digging the dirt 12 hours a day until the raiders/townsfolk rape and murder us all.

seems like a normal concern to have

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

CODChimera posted:

seems like a normal concern to have

Then what do you think collapse is like?

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

https://twitter.com/bnodesk/status/1229716340300296193

And last I heard they STILL hadn't tested the majority of the 3600 passengers/crew.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

Doccykins posted:

So does he get to ride inside a Con Air serial murderer box inside the plane or the UK plane doen't have that fancy box?

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋
Free PJ

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

stephenthinkpad posted:

So does he get to ride inside a Con Air serial murderer box inside the plane or the UK plane doen't have that fancy box?

Had to look that up:

https://mobile.twitter.com/AndyNetherwood/status/1229321470410706945

So they stuck the infected ones into sealed containers developed in part by Paul Allen for Ebola. Maybe a bit over the top but better safe than sorry I guess.

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

of course! why didn't i see this earlier! this virus wasn't made in a lab. no, it was selectively bred in uighur concentration camps to kill off old people to alleviate upcoming demographic pressures. it's so obvious!

trillions dead

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
wait wait wait

I'm reading that this virus only kills baby boomers?

why did this happen in China. we deserve it the most

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

AceOfFlames posted:

What I don't get is the people cheering for economic collapse. I mean, even if your jobs suck, wouldn't that make your situation much worse? Or do you think you'd be Immortan Joe instead of one of the skulls on his car?
i have a gun and I'm not afraid to use it

on myself

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

Dolphin posted:

wait wait wait

Well it's happening in Japan now, and it has higher density of Boomers than the US.

Only difference is most Japanese Boomers are still working. Once the virus is done w Japan they will have no taxi drivers.

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006

stephenthinkpad posted:

I imagine it is part of richard bransons negotiation with the government for the UK taxpayer to give him money for putting his employees at risk

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

AceOfFlames posted:

Then what do you think collapse is like?

doesn't matter, it's not worth worrying about

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

AceOfFlames posted:

usually you only dig for like a week and then everything is planted. the rest of the time is spent not watering the plants because there's no water so you die from dehydration and or disease but probably mostly the disease

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

mobby_6kl posted:

So they stuck the infected ones into sealed containers developed in part by Paul Allen for Ebola. Maybe a bit over the top but better safe than sorry I guess.

weird that nobody's making up crazy conspiracy theories about how these are gas chambers!

also:

Doomtalker
Dec 10, 2019

gradenko_2000 posted:

weird that nobody's making up crazy conspiracy theories about how these are gas chambers!

also:

Oh, that's brilliant. We gonna do the world's largest orgy, too, just to make sure every single person gets it?

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
Pangolins are awesome.

https://twitter.com/ThingsWork/status/1224732166283763714

Look at this tongue.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

loving hell, it's like every disease movie trope. "I'm not infected, they're infected, I've got to get out."

quote:

David Abel, from Oxfordshire, announced on Facebook that he and Sally had tested positive for the new virus. In a later post, however, he said he doubted his diagnosis.

“Frankly I think this is a setup! We are NOT being taken to a hospital but a hostel. That’s where partners are sent waiting out their quarantine,” he wrote. “No phone, no wifi and no medical facilities. I really am smelling a very big rat here! Waiting for the transfer now.”

Asked in the comments below one of his posts whether he was sure the test was positive, he replied: “I doubt it was positive. If it was, we would be in hospital.”
no see he's fine, it's just The Orientals up to one of their nefarious schemes

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Dolphin posted:

wait wait wait

it turns out the disease is a bioweapon designed to target elderly Asians that was intentionally released by China to combat its demographic problem

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

it turns out the disease is a bioweapon designed to target elderly Asians that was intentionally released by China to combat its demographic problem

It was a bio weapon designed by millennials to target boomer wealth and swing the election away from Trump.

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

Doccykins posted:

lmao this owns

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

twoday posted:

What a mess

https://twitter.com/MyDesert/status/1229533483875344384?s=19

I'm guessing there was a typhoid Mary-like asymptomatic superspreader working in the galley

lol it was the entire crew

https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1229732768847998977

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
:captainpop:

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Can we just have a full blown boomer epidemic in this country already, jeez. I want to buy a home.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

lol nice quarantine

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

Please make the next virus deadly to white guys living in Japan.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
typhoid Mary got nothing on wuhan Gary

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

dex_sda posted:

lol nice quarantine

15 days locked in a bedroom

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

Mantis42 posted:

D&D:CSPAM::Warren:Bernie

twoday
May 4, 2005

Lote posted:

Also, flu is a completely different kind of virus with other quirks that make it difficult to treat. The reason that we don’t have treatments for corona viruses is that usually it’s super common, self limiting, and not that bad.

https://twitter.com/JerryDunleavy/status/1229757751770984448?s=20

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

gradenko_2000 posted:

also:

Doomtalker posted:

Oh, that's brilliant. We gonna do the world's largest orgy, too, just to make sure every single person gets it?

meet the cambodia cruise survivors!! theyll be signing autographs, taking selfies and shaking hands from 1 pm to 4 pm!

twoday
May 4, 2005

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
I say bring curtsy back.

twoday
May 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/djbaskin/status/1228798382598000640?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

i'll just keep doing the eye contact followed by shared head nod that everyone does nowadays

I can't think of the last time I shook hands with someone where I wasn't just meeting someone for a job interview