Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Hekk posted:

You'd better be eating rice every loving day to make a 300 dollar rice cooker worth investing in. Jesus that's a ton of money for a thing that heats water up.

I use this thing like 3-4 times a week for the past 10 years and it shows no sign of stopping, just gotta give it a good wipe down every now and then.

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Tossing mixed frozen veggies in everything is easy mode too. I usually just fill a little tupperware thing in the microwave and dump it in my rice. I like putting canned green or wax beans in my pasta too (mmmm salt) but I forgot about that during pasta talk.

A lot of the time my food resembles kfc famous bowls, but only once or twice a week does it include mashed together potato flakes.

If you like mixed frozen veggies with rice then you should try making omurice. It's super simple and delicious and there's an even easier way of doing it instead of wrapping the rice up in the egg. Just make a mound of rice on a bowl (preferably a shallow bowl with raised edges), whisk an egg and a tablespoon of milk in a bowl, pour it into a pan and let it flatten out, sprinkle some cheese on top, when the egg is done and the cheese melts just flip it over on top of the rice to cover it.

Then grab a can of tomato soup, add half a can of water instead of a full can to make it a thicker sauce, then dump frozen veggies into it and cook the soup till the veggies are done. Pour however much of the soup you want into the side of the bowl the rice isn't in and use your fork to cut a piece of egg+rice under it and drag it into the soup and it's heaven.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
/\ that sounds good and I might give it a try sometime, thanks.

In real world news, off duty cop working security shot at Ferguson, MO walmart.

https://www.ozarksfirst.com/local-news/local-news-local-news/walmart-shooting-in-ferguson-leaves-officer-shot/

The only way this could get more 'merica is if walmart fires him and sticks him with the medical expenses. Which they probably will, because chasing shoplifters is against store policy.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

I made fresh pesto for dinner, poo poo owns.

https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/2653-basic-pesto

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
I had a a box of generic Mac and cheese with a can of chicken and plenty of hot sauce.

Delicious, but drat do I hate myself for it.:mad:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
That's a lot of sodium.

Tasty, delicious sodium.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

/\ that sounds good and I might give it a try sometime, thanks.

In real world news, off duty cop working security shot at Ferguson, MO walmart.

https://www.ozarksfirst.com/local-news/local-news-local-news/walmart-shooting-in-ferguson-leaves-officer-shot/

The only way this could get more 'merica is if walmart fires him and sticks him with the medical expenses. Which they probably will, because chasing shoplifters is against store policy.

Two evil employers at once wow

Scope
Jun 6, 2003

McNally posted:

I think we're talking across each other: I'm half Korean, rice is a much bigger part of my diet than I think you're imagining.

I concede.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

So apparently Bernie filled up the Tacoma Dome which has a capacity of 23,000, also:

https://twitter.com/sluggahjells/status/1229614459607539712?s=20 :gritin:

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Quick, someone disparage Donnie's crowd sizes on Twitter. Maybe a rage stroke will spare us all.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

If the hoarder kitchen involving the steak was up your alley, you owe it to yourself to see the 2 parter where he cooks an egg white omelet for Obama, and subsequently nearly catches his apartment on fire. The moment you realize his idea of “egg whites” nearly gave me a loving stroke.

https://youtu.be/OERZ8Pqs9iU

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
I only just found out that masaokis from those vids was like a successful, married lawyer and that hoarders-hellpit he filmed in was apparently his Other house

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

My understanding was he was a married lawyer but also crippled by hoarding issues? His friends and wife got him back in meds and he really cleaned up on, all fronts. There’s a few videos a decade later of him cooking normal food in a normal kitchen. Although, if I recall the pizza he makes still ends up on the floor or something.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Wait wait wait...

That was fake, right? Like it was staged to be a loving horrifying video, what with him flushing the toilet, dropping the steak on the floor, etc. :ohdear:

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Are you telling me the toilet flush while we look at one plate in a bathroom sink is a real event that happened and not a great goof

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Yes, it was all a man with very poor insight into his mental disease, cooking for viewers on YouTube. It’s good he got out of it. But it did make for some interesting YouTube, at the time.

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Pillbug
I’m intrigued where this new info came from. My understanding from years ago was that it was another house he’d owned that was trashed by tenants or something and he made funny videos there.

There’s a great clip of him in a full hazard suit scooping garbage out with a shovel.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

The Boy Scouts filed for bankruptcy.

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

I really hope the girl scouts buy them out. All the boy scouts had to do was be secular yet they chose not to.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
All they had to do was not rape kids.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

It's frightening how often "don't gently caress kids" is a major stumbling block for people

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Sweet christ, the scouts loving documented abuse cases themselves going back decades (and did nothing)

https://spreadsheets.latimes.com/boyscouts-cases/

There's an interactive map linked to a database containing documents going back to the 60's of people that were expelled from the scouts for molesting kids. There are names going back to the 40's (but no documents available). Thankfully the troop I was in for like a month didn't have any names on there that I recognized...too bad the karate instructor I had was busy trying to gently caress the 13 year old girls in my class (he's in prison for parole violations related to that case).

The full coverage, with links to various stories:

https://www.latimes.com/la-me-boy-scouts-perversion-files-full-coverage-storygallery.html

quote:

Los Angeles Times reporters spent a year delving into confidential files on suspected sexual abusers — files that had been locked away for decades by the Boy Scouts of America. What follows is a series of groundbreaking stories on the files, along with the most comprehensive database of the cases ever published, including 1,900 files and 3,100 case summaries spanning 1947 through 2005. Explore the database and map: Tracking decades of allegations in the Boy Scouts

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
I'm going to bet that those are just the most egregious cases that are documented on there. There was a creepy older dude who was a leader in my troop in the 80s who was asked never come back by the other dads, and my troop leader, who is still there 30 years later, was really interested in making sure we all showered every morning at camp and always taught the indian lore merit badge that has us running around the woods in moccasins and loincloths.

I say this as somebody who had great times in Scouts, and somebody who was recently a cub scout leader for my son, BSA deservee whatever it has coming. The kid diddling coverup is a horrifying breach of trust, and stands on it's own, they've also spent the past decade pissing off everyone buy waffling on admitting Girls by denying and then accepting homosexuals, and by having a don't ask don't tell around religion.

It's too bad, because their program is pretty good and teaches some valuable stuff, but it is almost completely lost in the shuffle.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Bloomberg has officially bought his way onto the debate stage”qualified” for the Democratic debate on Wednesday.

I hope the other candidates can put aside their differences and commit to beating the poo poo out of Bloomberg.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

I only just found out that masaokis from those vids was like a successful, married lawyer and that hoarders-hellpit he filmed in was apparently his Other house

Yeah I remember from like a decade ago at this point someone saying he rented it out to a hoarder or something and then never cleaned?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Bloomberg has officially bought his way onto the debate stage”qualified” for the Democratic debate on Wednesday.

I hope the other candidates can put aside their differences and commit to beating the poo poo out of Bloomberg.

quote:

Bloomberg is the first candidate to make the Democratic debate stage this cycle without meeting any fundraising goals, following a change last month by Democratic National Committee Chairman Tom Perez that allowed candidates to qualify for the debate by scoring 10 percent or more in four qualifying polls.

smdh

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

I'm actually okay with Bloomberg getting into the debate at this point. Not because I think he has good ideas or anything, but it's much easier for everyone to drag the motherfucker to shreds when he's standing right there. This is gonna be a debate of Sanders, Warren and to a lesser extent Biden just loving clowning on Bloomberg. Biden mostly cause Bloomberg has been critical of Obama for years (for very plutocratic and racist reasons) while airing ads that make it sound like Obama is endorsing him.

Warren and Sanders pretty much have to go for the throat because Bloomberg is Trump with a smoother vocabulary and if they can't gut him on this stage, then welp.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
The best way to keep Bloomberg out of the general election is to let him fall hard in the primary.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Handsome Ralph posted:

I'm actually okay with Bloomberg getting into the debate at this point. Not because I think he has good ideas or anything, but it's much easier for everyone to drag the motherfucker to shreds when he's standing right there. This is gonna be a debate of Sanders, Warren and to a lesser extent Biden just loving clowning on Bloomberg. Biden mostly cause Bloomberg has been critical of Obama for years (for very plutocratic and racist reasons) while airing ads that make it sound like Obama is endorsing him.

Warren and Sanders pretty much have to go for the throat because Bloomberg is Trump with a smoother vocabulary and if they can't gut him on this stage, then welp.

Yeah but him buying his way into the debates is the problem.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

PookBear posted:

I don't disagree, I'm just trying to make the best out of the hell world we live in.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

i hope klobuchar literally kills and eats him on stage

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

All the other candidates will walk to the podium casually sipping 7-11 Double Gulps

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

Topps just released a line of presidential candidate Garbage Pail Kids:

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/RichardDawkins/status/1229715325324795904

Dig up, stupid

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

PookBear posted:

Exactly.

'NY Billionaire / former Republican Bloomberg buys his way into DNC rule change' is the problem.

What's to stop "Moscow Billionaire x buys their way into DNC rule change' given that.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
/\ still have to be born here.

I'm beginning to hope he dies on the dumbest possible hill.

"Human steak? *I* wouldn't eat it. :smug: It simply isn't as tender as baby veal. :smug: :smugbert: :smugbird:"

Baby needs more seasoning.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

also re: rice cookers

rice is stupid cheap and good and a good rice cooker will pay for itself from lower food costs. Rice, veggies, egg with a splash of soy sauce is cheap as hell.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

That Works posted:

Exactly.

'NY Billionaire / former Republican Bloomberg buys his way into DNC rule change' is the problem.

What's to stop "Moscow Billionaire x buys their way into DNC rule change' given that.

I'd argue that "NY Billionaire / former Republican Bloomberg buys Democratic nomination through blanket ads and no debates with the rest of the field" is a bigger problem though.

The DNC is a bunch of dumbfucks, but Bloomberg needs to be on the debate stage, based on the numbers he's getting/buying.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

/\ still have to be born here.

Don't need to be a candidate to influence the electorate. And if anything we've just learned that outside interference in elections isn't really a "problem" if those in power benefit from it or believe that they will.

e:

facialimpediment posted:

I'd argue that "NY Billionaire / former Republican Bloomberg buys Democratic nomination through blanket ads and no debates with the rest of the field" is a bigger problem though.

The DNC is a bunch of dumbfucks, but Bloomberg needs to be on the debate stage, based on the numbers he's getting/buying.

Yes, very true.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

PookBear posted:

i hope klobuchar literally kills and eats him on stage

I would vote for her if she did this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country